What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mosaic Virus in Cannabis pics

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
^^^

My "freak" NL#5 x Blueberry produced some of the strongest buds I've ever tested.

Several times I would "black out" after taking a decent bong hit. What follows is hard to explain; I am transported into a different place with people I've never seen. The whole thing takes 5 or 10 secs max. but sure feels like an eternity.

If standing you will fall... Imagine the rest if a glass bong is added to the equation.

I honestly hope she survives.

For Head Stash only!

As for producing for friends, I need something more predictable and sturdier.

Hence, my Sat dominant prospects.

Burt

Veteran
my sour diesel and chem hybrids-all from seed-have this symptom-all is localized to one leaf or stem and the infected area is stunted-the rest of the plant does great-i'll keep living with it but the thrips in the garden are making me a wee bit nervous in terms of becoming vectors
i'm cautious to only take clones from non-virus exhibiting stems

Mud Man

Sumthink Stinks
Veteran
Have seen every symptom of infection in this thread and more , none have ever transferred to another plant and all that could be cloned have exhibited the same traits as from seed.

So TMV can't be passed by touching plants in veg room?.
.. plant to plant via touch..

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran

So TMV can't be passed by touching plants in veg room?.
.. plant to plant via touch..

I dont think it can.

Heres what i observed the plants that Got TMV where the plants i cloned together and there roots touched.

I Have a few with tmv that touch the plants next to them and nothing.

Then i have clones that have it but the mother doesnt.

So thats my experience so far.

But like i said " i dont think" so it very well could pass through touch.

( bugs too i think they will carry it to another plant)

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
my sour diesel and chem hybrids-all from seed-have this symptom-all is localized to one leaf or stem and the infected area is stunted-the rest of the plant does great-i'll keep living with it but the thrips in the garden are making me a wee bit nervous in terms of becoming vectors
i'm cautious to only take clones from non-virus exhibiting stems

Yep mine too!!

I Have some Chem Sour D that are vegging they at another house and they are the only plants there.

They have never been in contact with sick plants.
Brand new containers and brand new coco/perlite.

They have TMV.

I also have a batch of Chem Sour D that only 3 seeds survived they are with the other seedlings i have recently purchased or crosses i have sprouted, they have tmv as well and none of the other seedlings in that eviorment have it.

Not trying to knock rez but i do think he is breeding it in some of his moms, thats my opinion from my experience.
I guess time will tell, if more people experience this as well.

Mud Man

Sumthink Stinks
Veteran
I dont think it can.

Heres what i observed the plants that Got TMV where the plants i cloned together and there roots touched.

I Have a few with tmv that touch the plants next to them and nothing.

Then i have clones that have it but the mother doesnt.

So thats my experience so far.

But like i said " i dont think" so it very well could pass through touch.

( bugs too i think they will carry it to another plant)

nice one Centrum./...

Friggin page one, cup of tea and read MUD!!

So far i am scared, all my shit from all the best breeders show TMV. - i got SFV x chem d

Chromes "WHITE""...... all with TMV...

So if the sfv clone or the chem d has got tmv, then every cross sourced with them cuts is Fucked!!???
which is a lot of crosses in the canna world!!

rez, CC, Soma, OGR, Cannacopia, Spice of Life..

all have had TMV, but not Major symptoms, just the odd bit of wrongness!!

i haven't thrown them, how can i throw them? I still got dank, super dank, how bad is this virus, i am freaking out !! LOL

i am scared now, i will remain calm and go to page one!!

respect is due!:ying:

OjoRojo420

Veteran
This issue will become HUGE in this interconnected seed market.

Too many wanna be breeders crossing carelessly these tainted but celebrated "strains".

Flooding the gene pool with things that in Nature wouldn't last till fall.

Mud Man

Sumthink Stinks
Veteran
This issue will become HUGE in this interconnected seed market.

Too many wanna be breeders crossing carelessly these tainted but celebrated "strains".

Flooding the gene pool with things that in Nature wouldn't last till fall.

arrrr sheeeet! :

This thread is excellent. 100% amazing info and research.../ K+

WANDERING ROMAN bannned!! WHY?????

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay, lets take some mystery out of this. I orderd those TMV test strips. My suspect White Widow that I posted earlier came out negative, which leads me to believe most of the mosaic virus symptoms are just micronutrient deficiencies. The plant wasn't bred well, and is super hungry. The top leaves turn yellow under strong light, unless I give it a ton of magnesium to stay green. But then all that extra magmesium locks out calcium and potasium, so then bottom leaves curl a bit and i get necrotic blotches on the leaves. The plant (or me) just has a hard time balancing all those micros into harmony, where a well bred plant shouldn't have that issue...

The test strips are virus specific. There are 204 different tests for specific viruses, so unless you test for all of the known viruses it probably is not going to tell you whether or not you have a virus. Also I looked at the instructions for the test strips and it is not a simple test at all.

A little more info from the manufacturer -

Our experience shows that the test can detect the following: Cucumber green mottle mosaic virus (CGMMV), Kyuri green mottle mosaic virus, Odontoglossum rinspot virus (ORSV), Pepper mild mottle virus (PMMoV), Ribgrass mosaic virus (RMV), Streptocarpus flower break virus (SFBV), Sunhemp mosaic virus (SHMV), Tobacco mosaic virus including common strain (TMV and TMV-c), Tomato mosaic virus (ToMV). This test, however, is not a tobamovirus group test and was tested for its effectiveness at detecting TMV. Extensive testing with multiple isolates of other tobamoviruses has not been carried out.

S

StrayToaster

:laughing:
Jeeeeez alright Mud calm down a bit bro got me some needle and thread to sew your hands back on again...drink some lucozade and pull yourself together man....nice to see you about again :wave:

J

jim_browsky

arrrr sheeeet! :

This thread is excellent. 100% amazing info and research.../ K+

WANDERING ROMAN bannned!! WHY?????

The truth hurts. While some may take his comments as abrasive,
he may be one of the few that actually knows WTF he's doing
around here. It's sad that once you start talking shit about
Rezdog or DG or whomever, your handle is banned for being
"rude". We get it, he didn't like DocLeaf. Who the fuck cares?
I banned him. His previous handle was banned for being rude, and if you check his post history on this handle you'll see he continued the rudeness.

But seeings you called us out as unfair, did you look at his posts first or just complain out of the blue?
Why yes i did!

Germ,you're a funny lil guy,,do me a favor don't pm me again..
I have no desire to converse with you.

It's fun to see some of the so called big names like Rez who talked so much shit about feminized seed ,it's practice and application now making them...

Especially after he swore to all his lil minions and mindless bots that he'd never!!!

well Rez I'm glad to have you change your mind,and you are welcome to do that!
But I really think that you are playing with fire bro!

You are admittedly using a light stress induced hermie for a pollen source....
we both know that's a crap shoot at best! you may pull it off,,,we'll see it just depends
on how stable that momma is,,,but remember just because you have the price at 50 bucks
doesn't excuse the fact that you are now practicing a method you spoke against loud and proud,,and doing it half hearted and half assed....

we both know that...you are using a hermie as a P1 ,,I see a member (Indifferent) in your thread point out the bold truth and explain this in your thread and he is now banned...

That's not classy ,,,,not at all....

I do want you to continue to make fems ,,,,but damn it Rez do it right!!!
Too many young lil impressionable minds are watching you,and you're doing it all wrong.

Don't spread Bullshit about using sts and it creates mutants Rez!! we both know that's
horse shit ,,,,your genetic material in the P1's will offer mutants not an ethylene inhibition
during maturation.....that is as laughable as some numbskulls here on this site and even this thread stating that a femmed gal will actually somehow fall apart as it approaches some magic 5 years marker.....

really?? somebody show me evidence!! I have a bridge for sale in the back of my closet as well!

as quoted by Darwinsbulldog

"There's just no reason that fem seeds should suck man, i mean whether or not people are doing it for a quick buck, that's not fem seeds that suck, it's the people doing it for cash and using shitty techniques, maybe THEIR fem seeds suck, but it can be done well and properly to result in as healthy seeds as M/F seeds. genetic theory dictates this... there is no difference in health between F/F and M/F on paper... it comes down to what plants you've used, their genetic history and how you've selected it/techniques you've used etc... in the end it comes down to the person and their fallibility "

You couldn't have said it better my friend....

Why we waste our time with the likes of Germ or Hempy is beyond me,,,to be honest I feel these types of simpletons are so far out of their element in a thread like this ,,they aren't even worth acknowledging.

When I see Tom in here being patient and biting his lip I thought I'd at least help pull the weight a bit...

Kudos Thomas!!!

Here's some pics of some of my work with feminized genetics,,,This is what happens when proper parents P1,s are selected initially ....

Call it an eye or just an acute observation,,,when the proper selections are made great things happen,and every bean is a wonderful gal that will never cease to amaze you..

Am I a republican or pimp?? LOL! Neither I'm an engineer ,inventor, caregiver,outdoorsman,avid researcher and yes I'm a Breeder!......I've given away more seed than you will ever grow in 40 lifetimes Germ!
Not that you've ever grown anything and most likely are an urbanite living in a lil apt,but you have access to the internet so your life is now complete.

When done with a silver compound be it colloidal silver (as I endorse) or silver thiosulphate in a proper manner ,no stress is induced ..

The problem with you half wits is you spout off about the old practice that Soma or DP used initially before the concept was fully understood...they were using hermies as parents for pollen....results will be exactly as one would expect,,,hermie prone progeny.

I deal with sick people now and cater to their needs,,we have state laws that must be adhered to ,and this includes keeping numbers low.
I also live in MI we are in a depression here,,all patients are broke and don't have $ to waste on some jack off who claims to be a breeder half assed attempts at making a strain that is what it claims to be...
They need femmed seeds (to keep their numbers down) and a damned good chance at scoring a superb keeper...

Med patients have no fuggin reason to waste their time on males,,,this is a specific and focused application,,,,again many boneheads can't figure that concept out!

They don't give a damn about so called ethics of you hippies! and greenies! there are no ethics when it comes to a plant!

Me giving it to your wife hard and heavy w/o your consent is unethical! got it?
The reason I mentioned that every seed merchant deserves every penny they get is because after years of watching the herd buy seeds from sellers,let outstanding phenos
slip through their hands and never even bother making seeds with the genetic material they have , keep clones etc..
I've basicly reached a boiling point and am done caring about people as a whole,,,they are stupid and lazy,,and assuming..
They just assume that a strain is gonna be there for them when ever they beckon for it,,,,never mind it's illegal..
I know this doesn't apply to everybody,but it does for the majority...

At least the vendors,breeders,pollen chuckers are taking the initiative to further and assure the genetics are fresh ....
Therefore I applaud them....
sure rez can be an ass ,,and he brags about buying a ferrari etc.. hey as you can see I am just as abrasive,,,but he and gypsy and whomever else is making
$$$$ deserves it,,,because they took the initiative,,while the fat ,dumb ,lazy masses decided it's too much a task to do ,,,,so let them eat cake!

I'll take care of the med patients that are in my vicinity and also release a few special med strains that I make,,,,I've never made a dime off a seed,but I hold
no grudge against anybody that does any longer!!

Monsanto creating terminator genes is unethical!
US military at the order of US corporations forcing Iraqi farmers to destroy centuries old heirloom seedstock for their survival,,,and in turn buy their fucking terminator seeds

IS Fucking unethical!!!!!!!! got it???

BTW!! Germ,since you've made it so obvious that you have zero experience in this field,,I'll point out the obvious for ya kid...

guerilla growing requires a helluva trek into tough terrain,and desolate places,,,,thus "guerilla" try humping all your supplies and
a kit full of hundreds of fragile rooted cuts to that locale!!! yeah keep them moist and unbroken! LOL!
do you see how utterly ignorant you are now??? femmed seeds are the ticket !!!
People like you who come here with nothing top offer other than your opinion that fem seeds suck,are armchair quarterbacks....
You've never done a thing and are out of your league....we know your lousy stance now shove off!

enjoy the Evils that femmed breeding has created!!! muuhaaaaa!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ask and you shall receive Doc!

This cut is over 6 years old today and these pics are 7 months old...

Deadwood is an elite that I created from my initial beta runs of colloidal silver's application in ethylene suppression .

She is as healthy and robust as any so called elite that is out there,,,and I've had them all.

You couldn't make her hermie if your life depended on it!

really what did you think was gonna happen to a cut from femmed creation? was it going to self implode ?? lol!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

step up to modern thinking,,,,femmed practice when done by somebody with a brain is as good as it gets!!!!

I have a current F1 of Old Sog's Super silver haze x East coast sour Diesel that is so damned good every bean is an elite,,,you literally wrap your head trying to choose which one is the keeper.

I reversed the ECSD clone and made pollen via colloidal silver of course...this went against my better judgement as I usually will never use a mother as unstable as the ecsd cut,,,her history is not what you'd want due to hermies in there...

But I was eager to get that chunky trait she adds to the floral clusters thanks to MSS in her lineage,,,it paid off and there have been no hermies to date...

Wandering Roman wherever you are, that deadwood looks
amazing. Thanks for your contributions!

Also, to everyone out there that says this is all related to a Ca or
Mg deficiency, please stop growing now and stop spreading this BS.

Mud Man

Sumthink Stinks
Veteran
:laughing:
Jeeeeez alright Mud calm down a bit bro got me some needle and thread to sew your hands back on again...drink some lucozade and pull yourself together man....nice to see you about again :wave:

Arrrr TOASTIE mainge...

you always bring me back to earth, get some humor in.

Informative thread needs to be a little more light and calm..

"rude". We get it, he didn't like DocLeaf. Who the fuck cares? Why yes i did!

Nice work JIM, nice collection,,, Wandering indeed has super knowledge and great diction, his fem seeds knowledge and techniques are needed around here and the mother fucker is banned..
JJscorpion man that sucks, not cool

This sort of banning thing is why i had to retire from this Forum for a while... it is bollox,, no other word...

Speak up, get shot down
....:ying:

DEADWOOD looks like "Bubba" "SourBubble" hmmmmmm

Last edited:

Mud Man

Sumthink Stinks
Veteran
I would like to ask a serious question to WANDERING ROMAN if you are back and to any one else....
I have said in a previous post about all top breeders stuff i have run, have shown some sign of Mosaic Virus. 1, 2 & 3 type.
All of the plants did show signs during slight stress, but as far as i can see i have never had a crop or a run RUINED by MV's.
I completely understand all points raised about breeding stock not spreading the Virus and being aware of it, but

"HOW SERIOUS IS IT REALLY. HAS ANYONE'S CROP EVER BEEN RUINED, HALTED or EVEN STOPPED BECAUSE OF MV / TMV"

This is a serious question and i would like to know what you lot think, plus i hope i have not ruined the thread lol :)
I don't think you should spend loads of money on beans, pop them, love them and then throw them because of white,bend leaf curl"and other symptoms...
i got a 400w i am micro, so when i am committed i can't cull them mang :)

If it is more severe and i am wrong, please chime in.....
I am smoking dank right now that came from my StrawberryD that had a slight tmv'ish leaf and it is super friggin dooper.....

100% Respect is due

keep this thread alive.. i will bring some pics soon

Last edited:

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
"rude". We get it, he didn't like DocLeaf. Who the fuck cares? Why yes i did!

Wandering Roman wherever you are, that deadwood looks
amazing. Thanks for your contributions!

Also, to everyone out there that says this is all related to a Ca or
Mg deficiency, please stop growing now and stop spreading this BS.

There is another thread around here that is like 2 or three years old where rez and a few other popular names are ripping on someone who had TMV and telling him he didnt know how to grow and giving him all the wrong ( i would say advice but it wasnt anything helpful) input of why his plants where displaying these symptoms ( TMV).

When you look back at the thread its completely obvious that its tmv and it makes all of them who ragged on him look really foolish .

Im sure the thread will be deleted or edited to save face.

Mr. Man "Why are there no auctions selling and why are the seeds sitting!"
Mister 2nd Man "Because we banned all our customers." :wave:

Greenmopho

Mosaic Virus in Cannabis pics

I was trying to keep up with this thread and make some intelligent contribution, but everything I see now is hearsay and foolishness. Did any of you do any trials, tests, or research to see if you truly have TMV? I was reading this thread initially and buying into the TMV theory, but decided to do some scientific research and actually test my plants with the test strips. All of you slinging mud should just shut up and test your plants, find out what is really wrong rather than just guessing and jumping to conclusions. Thats like saying because I had a cold last week, I must have AIDS, without getting tested. C'mon people...base this in science not hysteria. And if you don't have TMV, then yes you probabaly have some cal-mg balance issues and your paricular feeding style isn't suited to that plant, or vice versa....

OjoRojo420

Veteran
^^^

"I was trying to keep up with this thread and make some intelligent contribution"

Keep trying...

I want the truth, not the same old guilt trip; some of us KNOW how to grow kick ass cannabis provided GOOD genes.

Tell that to newbies or breeder groupies.

Funny the total silence from affected breeders; being this such a delicate issue.

J

jim_browsky

I was trying to keep up with this thread and make some intelligent contribution, but everything I see now is hearsay and foolishness. Did any of you do any trials, tests, or research to see if you truly have TMV? I was reading this thread initially and buying into the TMV theory, but decided to do some scientific research and actually test my plants with the test strips. All of you slinging mud should just shut up and test your plants, find out what is really wrong rather than just guessing and jumping to conclusions. Thats like saying because I had a cold last week, I must have AIDS, without getting tested. C'mon people...base this in science not hysteria. And if you don't have TMV, then yes you probabaly have some cal-mg balance issues and your paricular feeding style isn't suited to that plant, or vice versa....

Dude, the reason your test didn't work was already explained to you by VH.
The test strips are virus specific. There are 204 different tests for specific viruses, so unless you test for all of the known viruses it probably is not going to tell you whether or not you have a virus. Also I looked at the instructions for the test strips and it is not a simple test at all.

A little more info from the manufacturer -

Our experience shows that the test can detect the following: Cucumber green mottle mosaic virus (CGMMV), Kyuri green mottle mosaic virus, Odontoglossum rinspot virus (ORSV), Pepper mild mottle virus (PMMoV), Ribgrass mosaic virus (RMV), Streptocarpus flower break virus (SFBV), Sunhemp mosaic virus (SHMV), Tobacco mosaic virus including common strain (TMV and TMV-c), Tomato mosaic virus (ToMV). This test, however, is not a tobamovirus group test and was tested for its effectiveness at detecting TMV. Extensive testing with multiple isolates of other tobamoviruses has not been carried out.

I suppose Sam Skunkman is also on the bandwagon, huh?
First of all viruses can be eliminated by cloning very small meristem tips from fast growing plants and growing them in vitro or otherwise into virus free plants if you are lucky, also heat can kill viruses, but also the plants if you aren't careful.

About TMV it does infect Cannabis but a lot more are also suspected: Cucumber green mottle mosaic virus (CGMMV), Kyuri green mottle mosaic virus, Odontoglossum rinspot virus (ORSV), Pepper mild mottle virus (PMMoV), Ribgrass mosaic virus (RMV), Streptocarpus flower break virus (SFBV), Sunhemp mosaic virus (SHMV), Tobacco mosaic virus including common strain (TMV and TMV-c), Tomato mosaic virus (ToMV)

Only 5 viruses regularly infect Cannabis.
HSV, Hemp Streak Virus, vector aphids also seed transmitted
AMV, Alfalfa Mosaic Virus, vector aphids and dodder also seed transmitted
CMV, CMVX, Cucumber Mosaic Virus, vector aphids also seeds and pollen from infected plants.
ArMV, Arabis Mosaic Virus, vector soil nematodes and infected seeds
HMV, Hemp Mosaic Virus
That said Cannabis can be infected by the following viruses, BBWV (Broad bean wilt virus), RRV (Raspberry Ringspot Virus), PVX (Potato Virus X, PVY (Potato Virus Y, by inoculation.
TRSV Tobacco Ring Spot Virus, TSV Tobacco Streak Virus, ERSV eunoymous ringspot,
EMV Elm Mosaic Virus, all do infect Cannabis.
I destroy any suspect plants with viruses, as soon as I can. keep your tools clean.

-SamS
I see both Mosaic Viruses and one we call Wrinkle Leaf which comes in mild to severe versions if they are even the same virus. I see them every year and I kill any plants that express symptoms. I use mostly seed, grow out huge numbers and use a lot of imported seeds. I find problem plants I kill them, end of story. But even if you get virus free seed or clones you need to keep them that way, and insects are vectors, as well as nematodes in soil, and pots, tables, tools all need to be kept clean, and new clones are just as likely to have a virus as a pest like mites. Until the industry offers certified virus free clones like the wine industry does with viticulture clones, the problem will continue to spread.
Testing for virus could help in the short term.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3636886&postcount=159

-SamS

Nice work JIM, nice collection,,, Wandering indeed has super knowledge and great diction, his fem seeds knowledge and techniques are needed around here and the mother fucker is banned..
JJscorpion man that sucks, not cool

This sort of banning thing is why i had to retire from this Forum for a while... it is bollox,, no other word...

Speak up, get shot down
....:ying:
In your post before you edited it you asked about a thread where
somebody questions Rez's Chemdog IBL and the OP getting
blasted by the breeder. Here.

Here's a response from Rezdog.
Good God.

So,we learn from this....what?
A: That shitty gardens get shitty results...Gee,that's a real surprise....

....Truth is,in 20 years,the Chemdog D Clone is some of the best-yielding,finest (strongest) herb I've ever had the pleasure to work with.
Even if it does have some obscure viri,it's really of No Consequence.
This is an attempt to "scare" people away from Chemdog-related hybrids and the like,and it's simply sad,and really,if you think about it,fucking pathetic.

That being said,

Carry On.

It hasn't scared me away from his genetics yet. I still believe that
if you keep your garden dialed in, mosaic viruses should be of very little
consequence.

Greenmopho

Dude, the reason your test didn't work was already explained to you by VH....I still believe that if you keep your garden dialed in, mosaic viruses should be of very little consequence.

I agree, and this is why I am under the suspicion that it isn't a virus. And yes, I read the entire thread, I'm not just talking out of my ass. I know the test only checks for about 1/2 a dozen viruses, and supposedly there are over 200 viruses, but we need more scientific backing on this. So far, this plant I have that exhibits these traits:

1) Showed negative to the TMV test

2) Has been in my garden for almost a year, in the same systems, sharing reservoirs, razors, and tools with other strains. None of the other strains have exhibited this trait, including my Chem/Diesel strains.

3) MgSO4 seems to correct the problem by 90% or so.

4) It is VERY hard to burn out this plant, I have given it 1800-2000ppm in a RDWC system, and no burn out.

5) No yield issues, no cloning issues, and it produces buds that throw pink pistils that look like this:

picture.php

...and yes those necrotic patches on the leaves are Ca deficiencies!

J

jim_browsky

picture.php

4) It is VERY hard to burn out this plant, I have given it 1800-2000ppm in a RDWC system, and no burn out.
That looks like nute burn. Your pics in your first post were a better
example of mosaic virus. If you don't mind a little funky leaf
growth or the occasional burnt lower buds, then don't worry about
it. Seriously, move on. Just don't breed it or share it with others.
All I know is in about two decades of growing, I'd never seen it. In
the past few years I have seen it in over a dozen strains. Some
are so slight that all you need to do to set it off is train it.
Untrained no problem. After it grows out from the training also
nothing. It's weird that's for sure.
Good luck mopho.:blowbubbles:

SGMeds

JB~ how about this for a reasonable first step... seeing that the MV has spread so pervasively over the last few years, snag one plant that you 'know' is infected & send it in for lab confirmation. Pretty sure you could manage this. Then post that result + a matching picture for us all to see exactly what it is... how it demonstrates.

Forget the test strips we can order... pony up for a real confirmation. Until then, GM has a valid point about all of this being hearsay.

You make very compelling arguments... as does WR. Evidence would make it even so much so.

Peace.