What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mosaic Virus in Cannabis pics

areUkind

does this look like i have mosaic virus

does this look like i have mosaic virus

so these plants are at 14 days in flower and the pics below are taken within an hour of this post so if anyone has an idea of what this might be, it would be much appreciated

Attachments

• P7030145.jpg
    P7030145.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 38
  • P7030155.jpg
    P7030155.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 37
  • P7030148.jpg
    P7030148.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 35

areUkind

im feeding them canna nutes AnB plus cannazyme and was feeding them rizotonic during veg but no longer. they are now just starting to get half a gallon of water a day. should i maybe dilute there nutes as i have been raising them as directed by canna?

cirric

Can u clean Tobacco Mosaic Virus off your hands w soap?

Can u clean Tobacco Mosaic Virus off your hands w soap?

I clean my hands everytime i get near my plants. But it seems it got me anyway!

Mite be PH is outta whack.?.?

Plant Problems 002.jpg

Plant Problems 003.jpg

I hope its not the virus cuz thats practically impossible to get rid of. Growing In a basement. Rite!

What do u think it is???

Grass Lands

Veteran
im feeding them canna nutes AnB plus cannazyme and was feeding them rizotonic during veg but no longer. they are now just starting to get half a gallon of water a day. should i maybe dilute there nutes as i have been raising them as directed by canna?

I think you found your issue...back off the nutes a little and all should work out well...if they start to show a def then increase the nutes a little...best if you have a ph/ppm pen to ensure you are hitting the correct range....

real ting

This is a call to the mods to bring back Wandering Roman!

Now hear me out, I don't know the guy, haven't talked to him before or even interacted. But it's pretty clear that this thread was informative. It was advancing the knowledge of a serious problem, one that will only get worse without more education. In addition, where else was there discourse going on at this level on this issue? Lots of people with great info were coming together and debating the topic.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Another way to confirm nutrient disorders Vs viruses is to take the clone and plant it outdoors in the ground in a good established garden. If the symptoms disappear then it was not a virus, if they persist then I bet it could be.
Viruses are a major problem in the agricultural industry, wine grape vines are sold certified virus free for a good reason. Cannabis can and does carry viruses and can pass them on via pest vectors, or seeds made from infected plants, pollen from infected males also can transmit viruses. Even if the virus your plant has does not cause much symptoms, it is better to toss the plant if you can. Do not use it for seed or clone production because who knows what use the clones will be used for beside herb production.
Testing a clone for one virus does not mean it is virus free, it means it does not have that virus.

-SamS

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Another way to confirm nutrient disorders Vs viruses is to take the clone and plant it outdoors in the ground in a good established garden. If the symptoms disappear then it was not a virus, if they persist then I bet it could be.
Viruses are a major problem in the agricultural industry, wine grape vines are sold certified virus free for a good reason. Cannabis can and does carry viruses and can pass them on via pest vectors, or seeds made from infected plants, pollen from infected males also can transmit viruses. Even if the virus your plant has does not cause much symptoms, it is better to toss the plant if you can. Do not use it for seed or clone production because who knows what use the clones will be used for beside herb production.
Testing a clone for one virus does not mean it is virus free, it means it does not have that virus.

-SamS

Hello Sam,

Once again, your honesty and sincere desire to spread true knowledge is evident.

Thanks!

J

jim_browsky

-SamS

Not exactly what I've done, but here's my test. I took a cutting
from a plant that is infected with some virus, most likely a mosaic
virus. It is an afghan, I have had it for about three years. It has
always shown the classic mosaic virus symptoms with the
hooking of leaves, variegation and mottling, burnt lower buds
with a powdery feel, and the blistering of leaves early on. The
cutting was then rooted at a different location and grown until
new cuttings could be taken. After the cuts rooted, they were
grown in coco outside until a foot tall, then transplanted into
new sterilized 5 gallon hempy buckets(in straight coco).

These have been vegging for a month and a half and have started
showing mosaic viral symptoms. They have been fed tap water,
20 mL/gal of PBP Grow and Dyna-gro at 2.5 mL. Definitely no
nutrient deficiencies.

Take from it what you will. More fuel for the fire. Happy growing!:plant grow:

I've had plants that got the virus, but then seemed to grow out of it, it actually seemed to increase my yield. But it's been a long time since I've had it, and now I have it again. Does anyone know how long it takes to grow out of it? Plus, should I keep them and let them do what they do? or should I remove them? I can't make these hard decisions by myself.

OjoRojo420

Veteran
Before and after outbreak

Before and after outbreak

Hello,

Following you will see two pictures. Both were clones taken from my Northern Light #5 x Blueberry. The mother plant is now dead.

The sick plant (easy to spot) just stops flowering and dies.

Nutrient problems has been ruled out since both plants had the same regime and soil.

Last edited:

Love2herb

Someone please look at the thread I posted in this section and tell me if my plants have the virus. It's bothering the he'll out of me.

Limeygreen

Veteran
How about canker, is this been reported in cannabis or is this strictly on tomatoes, fruit trees etc? Sorry to go off topic but I don't remember seeing this in hemp pests and diseases.

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
very informative thread , and one hellva good read.....im very glad i saw this thread because i fear i might have a virus on some of my plants i'm growing MM#2's , BkXGk , the prophet ,bbXnl , RD . and more ...certain plants have shown the burnt bud charastic but 3 plants were pretty bad so i had to kill them , its spreading but for now all i can do is spray them for thrips or "vectors" , to try to prevent this from spreading , I'm really worried that i'm gonna face a TOTAL crop loss if i dont do something ......

i'm gonna post a few pics of some infected plants or areas on certain plants to see what you guys think . . after seeing the first 3 pages in this thread im damm sure its some kind of virus but if its tmv i cant be certain.....im fucked w/o this crop in september ..gonna get some pics up later...please any help would be a godsend

the buds look burnt in ojorojo's last post #131

OjoRojo420

Veteran
^^

They sure look burnt, that was my first impression until I noticed general plant failure.

Vince514, if were you I'd order some fem seeds from some NL#5 or other bullet proof strain as a back up... if anything to break even my brother.

Best of luck!

OjoRojO

vince514

Veteran
^^

They sure look burnt, that was my first impression until I noticed general plant failure.

Vince514, if were you I'd order some fem seeds from some NL#5 or other bullet proof strain as a back up... if anything to break even my brother.

Best of luck!

OjoRojO

some parts of certain plants look burnt like yours . i'm worried about this one though , usually i can take care of bugs and pm but this shit makes me nervous....

this all started in some MM#2 seeds i got a while back . the mothers had full branches that looked like they'd dried up completly while other branches on the same plant were fine....

i'll get some pics up in about 1 hour:wave:

vince514

Veteran
ok so i got a few pictures taken earlier today and i'm not 100% sure without proper tissue analysis that this IS TMV but i'm just gonna let the pictures speak for them selves.....

first is by far the worst infected plant its a gurilla gold X freezland f2
at first i thought it was bud rot but it's not smelly and most of all its dry to the touch so that rules out that one..

picture.php

picture.php

its so dry you could smoke it.....but i woulden't

next is a prophet i had vegging for 2+ months.......

weird yellow growth with almost a transparent powder on the inner leafs...

picture.php

and a branch with the new growth yellow/brown almost looking necrotic

picture.php

and lastly my blueberryXNL

she has the least so far but its still there and it still worries me...

picture.php

*note the leaf curling*

and then these damm squiggles

picture.php

i fully sprayed the girls with neem oil with a drop or 2 of dish soap to act as the wetting agent.......through the info posted in this thread i was able to asses that the "vectors" thrips carry the virus snd i noticed a couple buzzing around , so i decided to try and stop the spreading and cover the plants with a nice coating of neem hopefully that gets rid of some of the thrips...gonna go out and get some sticky tape and get some in the room ........

* if anybody has any idea if this could possibly be for sure a virus if not the tmv virus or some toxicity in my soil causing this please let me know........**

thanks in advance:wave:

OjoRojo420

Veteran
I can't tell you if this is TMV or any other virus that attacks cannabis.

What I can say is this:

Don't waist time on those sick plants, take some clones of healthy branches and get rid of the rest. Sometimes clones snap out and do well, sometimes don't. Just don't count on them for any "real" project.

Or, if you can't afford to do so, cut affected branches and give them one more week to see if it spreads... sometimes the other branches finish albeit with much reduced yield.

In my sad experience, once new growth starts to rot and wilt its over. The whole hormonal system has been compromised.

That is all I can say and hope others comment.

I hope I'm wrong... honestly brother!

Best of lucks and never surrender.

vince514

Veteran
I can't tell you if this is TMV or any other virus that attacks cannabis.

What I can say is this:

Don't waist time on those sick plants, take some clones of healthy branches and get rid of the rest. Sometimes clones snap out and do well, sometimes don't. Just don't count on them for any "real" project.

Or, if you can't afford to do so, cut affected branches and give them one more week to see if it spreads... sometimes the other branches finish albeit with much reduced yield.

In my sad experience, once new growth starts to rot and wilt its over. The whole hormonal system has been compromised.

That is all I can say and hope others comment.

I hope I'm wrong... honestly brother!

Best of lucks and never surrender.

thanks man
:tiphat:
thanks for the words of encouragement ojorojo , i could use some positive vibes right now......on the other 2 GGxFL f2's had similar "dry spots" i cut them off and a couple nodes more and they seem to have bounced back W/O any problems so far.......one of my bkXgk's was so bad they all the growth was brown and wilty i threw away everything even the damm pot it was in......hopefully it dosen't affect them all this way i atleast can get something outta this run..then tear down and bleech the whole place and rebuild........

but if anyone has idea please let me know.......

** OH BTW ALL THE PICS ARE TAKEN AT DAY 18 OF FLOWERING**

Love2herb

I'm pretty sure it's mocaic I seen some 50+ plants die a few months back. They were my buddys and he ended up scrapping the grow . Alot didn't show until flowering. I just dumped my plants because I didn't want to waste time. Picking up new clones today and starting over virus free

ok so i got a few pictures taken earlier today and i'm not 100% sure without proper tissue analysis that this IS TMV but i'm justhe pictures speak for them selves.....

first is by far the worst infected plant its a gurilla gold X freezland f2
at first i thought it was bud rot but it's not smelly and most of all its dry to the touch so that rules out that one..

picture.php

picture.php

its so dry you could smoke it.....but i woulden't

next is a prophet i had vegging for 2+ months.......

weird yellow growth with almost a transparent powder on the inner leafs...

picture.php

and a branch with the new growth yellow/brown almost looking necrotic

picture.php

and lastly my blueberryXNL

she has the least so far but its still there and it still worries me...

picture.php

*note the leaf curling*

and then these damm squiggles

picture.php

i fully sprayed the girls with neem oil with a drop or 2 of dish soap to act as the wetting agent.......through the info posted in this thread i was able to asses that the "vectors" thrips carry the virus snd i noticed a couple buzzing around , so i decided to try and stop the spreading and cover the plants with a nice coating of neem hopefully that gets rid of some of the thrips...gonna go out and get some sticky tape and get some in the room ........

* if anybody has any idea if this could possibly be for sure a virus if not the tmv virus or some toxicity in my soil causing this please let me know........**

thanks in advance:wave: