What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mmmmmm...donuts

oti$

I got a couple rolls of that, but was just using it to secure branches to bamboo stakes, I never thought about using it like that...it's a good idea. I was brainstorming a way to make this easier on me while I wait for the lights to come on. I was kinda thinking about just making individual screens out of pvc and twine or trellis for each plant and hang them from the cieiling. There are a lot if branches on those plants and tying every one up is a huge pain in the ass. I'm definitely going to javelin to get a solid plan in place before stretch is over on the next run. I've got 8 or so clones each of deathstar, gg4, stink bomb, gbubbs, and valley girl and am trying t decide which 2 strains will be run. If I add lights, they nay all be run. It kinda depends on all few things. I gotta put a new roof on one of they he houses, so more lights may have they he wait....

Slipnot

And that is one of the biggest issues growing Vertical. See plants are stretchy and cannot even hold up small buds its flopping over and why ?? one would think if we were to take the laws of vertical growing being you get more light lol then for one the plant would be able to hold its own weight but obviously its not the case so now you have to rig rope wires, spiderman string to add to the mess you might want to get this stuff might save you time :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Cans-Silly-String-3-Purple-2-Pink-1-Blue-/282087118614

Last edited by a moderator:

oti$

My dad always said jury rigged or jerry rigged, I'm not quite sure which, but I know I never heard him utter the "N" word. I know he raised me not to be a racist, although his mom was from deep south Alabama and still refers to blacks as "colored" and despises "japs" bc of pearl harbor...still, after all these yrears... but odly drives a Lexus. Anyway. This particular grow isn't a vert grow. The lights are horizontally oriented gavita 750 flex. I'm just a shitty grower who gets ahead of himself way too often and and has to go back and fuck with sonething that that I know should have been in place to begin with. In this case I vegged too long bc my horizontal grows are mostly limited to scrogged beds and 2 cmh grows where I got lucky and grew stocky strong branched plants that didn't stretch much. These are all stretchy floppers. You wanna see something else really dumb I did this morning?
picture.php

I tied a bunch of......jerry rigged slip knots, 500 ft(maybe yds?) Worth of twine to be exact, and thought I'd drape them over my neck and knock this shitty chore out in a couple hours....as you can see, it didn't work. It, in fact, worked against me. They first got all tangled up, then got caught on every branch I didn't want them to wrap around. Then they strangled me. I got fuck all done in two hours. I feel like the dumb fuck hill billy that I am.
I also will give you another clue about who I am....I grew up in deep south, in fact the deepest of South MS that you can get without falling into the Gulf and no one, not the kids my age and not my friends parents went around using the word ***** like it's no big deal and ok to do. Even the ass backward ***** joke cracking red necks would look over their shoulder to make sure they could get away with it before it was rarely said. And usually into was bc they had nothing intellegent or funny or clever to say. Most all of the people I've known from the south know how awful and unintelligent people who freely use that word really are don't appreciate that shit. However, I now live above the mason Dixon and I hear more shit like that and encounter more racists than I every imagined would live up here. I guess thanks for coming in and dropping the N-bomb. My nephew is half black, by the way....my sister is married to a black guy....who has a good job and cares for her and his kids...but she's probably just and nigger lover to huh? Jeez what a way to end an already tough day.

Last edited by a moderator:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
common guys, whats with the insulting verbiage? sure we are not pg rated, but we are international, so racist content is not acceptable.

oti$

Relent gg4 x wifi#43 @10 weeks. Probably could've done a better job, but it's a greasy stinker.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
And that is one of the biggest issues growing Vertical. See plants are stretchy and cannot even hold up small buds its flopping over and why ?? one would think if we were to take the laws of vertical growing being you get more light lol then for one the plant would be able to hold its own weight but obviously its not the case so now you have to rig rope wires, spiderman string to add to the mess you might want to get this stuff might save you time :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Cans-Silly-String-3-Purple-2-Pink-1-Blue-/282087118614

Slipnot, please cut out the racist stuff, it's not cool.

oti$

I usually try to make it to both grows at leaSt every other day to make sure everything is going ok. I had not been to the gavita basement for 4 days and found a room full of wilted plants and dry pots. The pump failed. It Was A Brand New eco-PLUS 2200gph. I'm heart broken. I'm not sure how long they've gone without, but judging by the level of water in the res, 2-3 days. Some may bounce back somewhat, but half or more are crispy and hopeless.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

rockymountainJ

Damn dude!! Wtf!! Sorry for your loss bro! Fckn noone makes anything trust worthy anymore!! Everyone bow your heads for the lost ladys!!

gr866

Veteran
Hopefully you will be able to salvage some of those buds, may not be what you wanted but hell make something out of it. Cannabis Oil comes to mind, not for the stone but for the medicinal properties.

Sorry for your loss dude, been there hate it!

GR

Last edited:

oti$

I've got a shit ton of material to make shatter with and 4-5 plants somehow survived, so I'm letting them finish off. The next round is ready to go in...stink bomb, gorilla glue and deathstar. The glue really is a fast vegger; she's definitely a nice cropper.

Because of this failure I'm not going to be able to switch all the lights in my other spot to ceramics. I took the vert bulbs down and hung parabolics flanking the 2 cmh fixtures and flipped.
picture.php
picture.php

I still have to plumb the irrigation. I sprayed the floor down with water last night to see if I could get the rh up. Some of the plants look really good, some could look better. This room has several strawberry diesel kush on one side and old family purple, bubbas girl, 3 queens, and purple snow bubba all by csi Humboldt. There is also a sour dubb x querkle by hammerhead, a stink bomb (archive), wifi 43, and 2 phenos of space cake (bodhi). Should be some fire in there. I've run the Sdk and stink bombs several times and they are both top notch. The space cakes are both good yielders with nice stank and frost, this will be the 2nd run with them. I'm very excited to have white fire 43. My selected cut of wifi was my favorite seed find; it ticked all the boxes: looks, smell, effect and, although it didn't have the biggest buds, the density of the flowers always ensured a heavy harvest. I'm going to be obsessively checking in over here to make sure everything goes as it should.

oti$

2.o all rooted....
picture.php

...and against all odds, this haggard sour dubb snip popped a couple roots. I got several dubb snips at the same time as 2.0 and put them in a cup of water until I was able to go to the grow that evenig. When I went to collect the cuts I found all of the sour dubb severely wilted. I did what I could to revive them but none recovered enoufh to be plugged. This one snip, although in really bad shape, was barely hanging on to some foliage, so I plugged her and crossed my fingers. The clone gods smiled on me and she popped a few roots for me. Hopefully I can nurse her into an actual plant....
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts