What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MLB 2014 BASEBALL SEASON!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

Here's hoping Detroit takes it all this year. For what they're paying Cabrera, they'd better win the World Series AND the Super Bowl.

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
Every year, here in the Norcal, I look forward to the hallowed opening day of a new baseball season. Go Giants, A's...maybe a little Angels...but the Dodgers? Sorry, I dont think so. But for some reason, the Dodgers are bent on ruinin my Opening Day happiness this year. First, the Australia gig. What was that all about? Host opening day for 2 teams who then go back to playing pre-season games for 2 weeks before actually beginning the regular season? Inflict me with having to watch the Dodgers on top of that? Personally, I think the Australian Navy should have issued each Dodger player a Giants logo-ed kiyak and made them all row out to search for Flight 370 for a few days- In at least semi-rough seas...of course, I'm sure Puig would have over-rowed the search perimeter, but thats another story - (schmirk, schmirk)

Fast forward to last nite (Sunday). Ooooo, another Opening Day game! O wait, you gotta be kiddin me. The f'n Dodgers again? C'mon man, it's not like they won the preceding World Series.

I smell a conspiracy. Does Magic Johnson have that much pull with Major League Baseball?? Gee, why didnt he (Magic) or they (the Dodgers) just bring in good ol Phil to manage the team and while theyre at it, drive the knob end of a splintered 42 oz Louisville slugger right thru my baseball lovin heart- just do it and get it over with. Washboard me with sea water from McCovey Cove. Anything but this...Well, at least the Padres won which tells me Mr. Spalding cant be bought, even in Tinsel Town, LOL...Here's to another great season...CC

theJointedOne

Veteran
i think mlb/espn prefer to have the opening night set in socal than in cold east coast,

boo Angels AND Dodgers AND Giants aka Gmen aka feds!!! lol j/k

Go Athletics!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Year Record
1996 6-7
1997 7-4
1998 5-6
1999 4-6
2000 5-5
2001 3-4
2002 4-3
2003 6-3
2004 4-5
2005 4-6
2006 4-6
2007 3-6
Total 55-61
That’s a .474 win percentage during the Torre years. Even worse are the Scioscia years, which run 2000 through present: 36-45 (.444). This includes last year, where the Yanks went 3-7 against the Angels under Joe Girardi. Why exactly do the Yankees, who have an overall 862 – 592 record (.593) from 2000 through 2008, flop in the face of the Angels? I have no idea. Perhaps it’s just Scioscia’s style that unhinges the team, throws it off its game plan.

If hamilton gets off the crack youre gonna be wishing you had aroid!

absolutely meaningless bunch of stats there 'nutz.

the angels beat the Yankees twice ('02 & '05) during the playoffs (THAT'S a stat that matters), aside from that the Yankees have missed reaching the playoffs only TWICE in 19 years, now WTF meat's left on the bones of your petty stats???

the angels have had no direct bearing on the Yankees playoff picture period, and as far as last year??? the Yanks lineup was decimated by injury all year long; 3 & 7 against you guys??? BFD.......

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sitting here watching the Giants game , sipping some wine , puffin a fatty......doesn't get much better unless I'm at the park!!!
GO MADBUM!!!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
El jefe, hopefully Detroit doesn't get swept by the giants again :)

Hey cowboy good to see ya back in the baseball thread...not sure what the dodgers will do this year, didn't do much last year, hopefully it's a repeat hehehe

S4L .... Hope your team does good, well sorta good heheh

Space Toker

Veteran
Go Red Sox! That was NOT so fun of an opening game, but just one of many, hopefully with better results!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Texas Rangers fans disgrace monument.......

Texas Rangers fans disgrace monument.......

The statue of Shannon & Cooper Stone was used as a waste receptacle by the masses before entering at the gate where it stands.

The memorial is to a father & son, the dad lost his life catching a souvenir ball for his son when he tumbled over a railing landing on concrete 20' below. Google their names for the full story if you're not familiar w/it.

edbeb8b6-3eec-4ab4-a4b9-b4a2b53bb152_zpse7f9adfd.jpg

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's very sad S4L, it's too bad ppl are so lazy and don't give a shit! I see it all day long.

Giants and Dodgers have a 3 game series this weekend, game 1 is on now, 8 to 4 in the 5th and the dodgers are trying to catch up!!! Noooo GO GIANTS!!!!

Coconutz

Veteran
I just watched a ball come off of Trouts bat and bang off the left field scoreboard before he had finished his follow through on the swing.
He was intentionally walked with the bases loaded in his next AB.
They walked him to get to Pujols!
Did I mention Trout has a cannon?

Last edited:
O

OGShaman

Cardinal Nation is happy. The first phase of the new $650 million entertainment district, Ballpark Village, is now open.

9 restaurants and bars with more on the way. A good excuse to get to the game really really early.

Phase 2 and 3 will bring a lot more, including office space and apartments. Pretty soon people will be working and living at the ballpark. Should make getting to the game pretty easy. When it's complete it will cover 7 city blocks.

Exterior shot of phase one.

picture.php

Another shot of phase 1 - The diamond is in the exact spot it was in the old Busch stadium so now fans can walk where legends have played. A nice touch I thought.

picture.php

Inside one of the bars is a 40 foot HDTV. One of the largest in the country.

picture.php

They are taking some flack in the media this week because there is a dress code after 9pm. But I am told by an employee they are doing this to keep the bad elements out of their establishment. It's been the same way at other bars and night clubs in St. Louis for decades so I don't know why people are surprised.

Last edited:

doublejj

Veteran
The Giants snatched first place from the dodgers on their opening day. They had dodger fans booing their team by the second inning! lol.....perfect!
Giants are in sole possession of first place, with one of the best records in baseball & they haven't played a home game yet........go Giants!

DJXX

Veteran
Cardinal Nation is happy. The first phase of the new $650 million entertainment district, Ballpark Village, is now open.

9 restaurants and bars with more on the way. A good excuse to get to the game really really early.

Phase 2 and 3 will bring a lot more, including office space and apartments. Pretty soon people will be working and living at the ballpark. Should make getting to the game pretty easy. When it's complete it will cover 7 city blocks.

Exterior shot of phase one.

View Image

Another shot of phase 1 - The diamond is in the exact spot it was in the old Busch stadium so now fans can walk where legends have played. A nice touch I thought.

View Image

Inside one of the bars is a 40 foot HDTV. One of the largest in the country.

View Image

They are taking some flack in the media this week because there is a dress code after 9pm. But I am told by an employee they are doing this to keep the bad elements out of their establishment. It's been the same way at other bars and night clubs in St. Louis for decades so I don't know why people are surprised.
yeah lacledes landing is gonna be hurtn...the new ballpark village is really nice...St Louis is a great baseball town...dj

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow shaman that is a sweet stadium, impressive tv screen.....had a lady stop by my work not too long ago, she was driving a vw bug that looked like a baseball, so of course I had to tell her how cute her car was, she told me had been to every ball park in America and Japan and was working on seeing every minor league park in the US. I asked if she would adopt me, but she wasn't going for it!! hehe what an experience that must be, lucky lady!! I think I have a pic of her car, I'll see if I can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.