What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MLB 2014 BASEBALL SEASON!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Why they didn't wave that guy in, and try for an inside the park home run, I'll never know. It was their only chance.
He may have been thrown out, but you never know with a play at the plate. Throw could be offline, catcher could miss it, ball could be kicked out of his glove. It was a better chance than the next batter getting a hit.

RetroGrow

Veteran
I was stunned when he stopped at third in the situation they were in. They needed to force a throw. That next batter had almost no chance to get a hit.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

wtg Giants, Bumgarner was genius out there.

they didn't send Gordon home because an out would end the season. Instead had the game been tied @ that point sending the runner would have been to win the game, at worst an out @ home sends it into extra innings still tied.

wtg Bumgarner on making history & MVP.......

anyone watching the game witnessed true baseball history tonight.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What an awesome baseball season, couldn't have asked for a better one!! Mad bum is crazy good. Definitely deserved the MVP, but that was exciting!! Parade tomorrow, wish I could go but have to work damnit, or we would go!!
Thanks everyone for posting and making this a wonderful season, see ya in 2015.
Be sure to watch hot stove to see what happens in the off season.

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
Keeping Gordon at 3rd was the right call...Not being a speedster, he was already leakin oil going into 3rd. Crawford had the relay just as Gordon was rounding 3rd and MOST LIKELY would have been thrown out by 20ft. "Most likely" bein a baseball term...

By holdin the runner at 3rd the odds were pretty good in KC's favor of scoring the run, even with 2 outs. - 1) a pass ball or wild pitch. 2) It forced Bumgardner to have to throw only fastballs for fear of the pass ball or wild pitch. 3) The next batter was Perez who already had a home run against Bum in a previous game, and... by way of a fastball!

To say "the next batter had little chance" is a bit short-sighted, IMHO. The "next batter", Perez, had just as good or better of a chance than Gordon and his freak "triple" simply because, as I said, he (Perez,) had already homered off Bum...

Even in baseball, hind sight is just that...Bottom line, game over, 3-2, Giants are WS champs...OUT-FUCKING-STANDING!! See y'all next spring......cc

High-5's to the BABBAS!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts