What's new

Mk VII Terpenator

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My plan with the Mk VIII dewaxing column, is to use it as a replacement for a collection chamber under the column, so it just flows directly into the upper catch chamber, where it is further chilled and held, before being vacuumed through a sock filter to the actual collection chamber for recovery.

Is that what's going on here,

http://www.precisionextraction.com/#!extractors/c21w2

These new extraction companies sure have a lot of unmitigated gall. None of it would have come about without GW.

Sir D

Why couldn't you just freeze the initial column and dump directly into the filter? Please excuse my ignorance if it's a dumb question but couldn't you just run the freezing process in the initial columns?

boogie.o

How cold can evaporating gas get? I thought the inside of a recovery pot usually is 31F, am I mistaken? Im trying to wrap my brain around this. I understand everything except seem to miss how it gets cold enough.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How cold can evaporating gas get? I thought the inside of a recovery pot usually is 31F, am I mistaken? Im trying to wrap my brain around this. I understand everything except seem to miss how it gets cold enough.

Depends on the mix, but you've touched on the Achilles heel of this design, and why it was replaced by the Mk VIII design, which used a chiller for temperature control.

I had the brain fart watching a mix evaporating at -27F, but discovered that with n Butane, the internal thermocouple never went below 31.9F. n Propane evaporates at -43.6F.

merkaba

Does anyone increase the dwell time of the solvent with the material? We just bought one but are trying to increase our yields. Working with high quality sugar leaf and small buds. I was wondering if flooding it more than 3 times or letting it soak might be of benefit. We are currently running a dewaxing column (960grams).

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does anyone increase the dwell time of the solvent with the material? We just bought one but are trying to increase our yields. Working with high quality sugar leaf and small buds. I was wondering if flooding it more than 3 times or letting it soak might be of benefit. We are currently running a dewaxing column (960grams).

Soaking increases extraction efficiency, including the C-30 sized molecules that we wish to avoid.

For museum quality concentrate, we extract at subzero and avoid soaking.

Latest posts

Latest posts