What's new

Mk VII Terpenator

Hey where can I pick up one of those, sounds like a perfect extractor for small studio apartment runs :D

:joint:

It helps having worked in fabrication in a shop where 90% of the material used is Stainless......worked at this shop for 9 years before going to DuPont. Have stayed in touch.....have done some `farmed out` jobs now and again just to stay in practice with tig welding. That being the case, I have ready access to a multitude of stainless parts that I can get at cost, and this shop buys in huge bulk....so the price is cheap. And by bulk, I mean there is never less than $500,000 worth of stainless `stuff` in inventory at this place.
If not for that, I would be ordering off of Gray Wolf's parts suppliers list.
:tiphat:

You sure have to admire an extractor with those capabilities!

Thank you. Just striving to get purer cleaner meds for my Dad.....MMJ is not legal where I am located so the available extracts are sketchy 'tane flavored sludges for the most part. Shit I wouldn't smoke so I dang sure ain't going to give it to my 81 yr old Dad. I didn't even use my first mini batch because it was made with 'dirt weed'. It did harden to the point where you could break it easily.

vividavis

Thank you. Just striving to get purer cleaner meds for my Dad.....MMJ is not legal where I am located so the available extracts are sketchy 'tane flavored sludges for the most part. Shit I wouldn't smoke so I dang sure ain't going to give it to my 81 yr old Dad. I didn't even use my first mini batch because it was made with 'dirt weed'. It did harden to the point where you could break it easily.

I cant wait to see what contributions you will bring to the CLS community OG. People like you and obviously GW have inspired me to re-enroll and finish college. Thank you so much showing me that I can really combine my passion with a respectable career. Biotechnology program @ berkely city college here I come! :tiphat::dance013::woohoo:

I cant wait to see what contributions you will bring to the CLS community OG. People like you and obviously GW have inspired me to re-enroll and finish college. Thank you so much showing me that I can really combine my passion with a respectable career. Biotechnology program @ berkely city college here I come! :tiphat::dance013::woohoo:

:dance013: you can do it! Best of luck in your endeavors. Believe in yourself and don't let the naysayers get you down.
:tiphat:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Good for you bro! You should be in for a fun ride!

It was a hoot going through my SPR partner Joe getting his Biotech degree and all the fun stuff he came up with!

Look forward to what you bring to share as well! I'm sure you will find willing ears on the growing and genetics forums as well.

gholladay

GW, on the subject of inline dewaxing, I'd like to know your thoughts about the effectiveness of doing a single solvent dewax vs doing very cold runs on the front end. If one was extracting with columns that had been freezing at -50°F for two days and butane being pre-cooled prior to injection to around -50°F, would an inline dewax process be necessary? I'm curious as to the amount of waxes left in an oil made like that.

Is the inline dewax a work around for not being able to achieve those cold temps regularly? Is there a noticeable difference in taste/aroma/smoothness between an inline dewaxed run and a super cold run oil?

Thanks,

GH

DragonMack

GW, on the subject of inline dewaxing, I'd like to know your thoughts about the effectiveness of doing a single solvent dewax vs doing very cold runs on the front end. If one was extracting with columns that had been freezing at -50°F for two days and butane being pre-cooled prior to injection to around -50°F, would an inline dewax process be necessary? I'm curious as to the amount of waxes left in an oil made like that.

Is the inline dewax a work around for not being able to achieve those cold temps regularly? Is there a noticeable difference in taste/aroma/smoothness between an inline dewaxed run and a super cold run oil?

Thanks,

GH

Any thoughts on this? I have the same question.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Thanks,

GH

Neither cold extraction, nor inline dewaxing remove all the waxes, but they reduce then to the level that most folks ignore whats left.

If you winterize either with ethanol, some more waxes fall out.

We've enjoyed great success extracting cold, using liquid N2.

Sweetleaf has enjoyed great success inline dewaxing in a closed system.

I've sampled them both side by each and give high marks to both for aroma and taste.

WolfWurx's systems are significantly larger than the Sweetleaf systems, so different equipment is required, but we currently await back ordered parts to complete a Mk VIII dewaxing column. Conceptual attached:

Once we have it operational, I should be able to run the techniques side by each for precise comparison. Until then, both produce pristine extracts.

Attachments

• Inline dewaxing-1-1.jpg
    Inline dewaxing-1-1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 26
Neither cold extraction, nor inline dewaxing remove all the waxes, but they reduce then to the level that most folks ignore whats left.

If you winterize either with ethanol, some more waxes fall out.

We've enjoyed great success extracting cold, using liquid N2.

Sweetleaf has enjoyed great success inline dewaxing in a closed system.

I've sampled them both side by each and give high marks to both for aroma and taste.

WolfWurx's systems are significantly larger than the Sweetleaf systems, so different equipment is required, but we currently await back ordered parts to complete a Mk VIII dewaxing column. Conceptual attached:

Once we have it operational, I should be able to run the techniques side by each for precise comparison. Until then, both produce pristine extracts.

Forgive my feeble mind, but would you be running your typical material column set up, above this dewaxing set up, or is there a way to run this as separate system beside the extractor and some how transfer the oil laden butane over, considering height may be an issue?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Forgive my feeble mind, but would you be running your typical material column set up, above this dewaxing set up, or is there a way to run this as separate system beside the extractor and some how transfer the oil laden butane over, considering height may be an issue?

Yes, it is designed to run along side the extraction column, because of the height issues.

The butane is pumped through the column and to the the dewaxing column.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What type of system or process would be used to pump the liquid over? :tiphat:

Using push pull. I plan to use a Haskel, but other pumps would also work.

You could also use pressurized butane from a hot tank to transfer the liquid.

Would you need to install a dip tube down to the bottom of the collection chamber to initiate a push pull transfer of liquid solution over to the de-waxing sleeve? :tiphat:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would you need to install a dip tube down to the bottom of the collection chamber to initiate a push pull transfer of liquid solution over to the de-waxing sleeve? :tiphat:

My plan with the Mk VIII dewaxing column, is to use it as a replacement for a collection chamber under the column, so it just flows directly into the upper catch chamber, where it is further chilled and held, before being vacuumed through a sock filter to the actual collection chamber for recovery.

Attachments

• Mk VII-1.jpg
    Mk VII-1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 23
My plan with the Mk VIII dewaxing column, is to use it as a replacement for a collection chamber under the column, so it just flows directly into the upper catch chamber, where it is further chilled and held, before being vacuumed through a sock filter to the actual collection chamber for recovery.

Thanks GW. A picture is worth a thousand words to this feeble old medicated mind. Now I've been able to wrap my head around it.tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts