What's new

mixin's nycd grow - supercropped new york city diesel

jonas@diesel

???? ???????:?9-THC
Veteran
how long u think you NYCD will take to ripe? aren't you already in week 10 of flowering?

and have start flushing yet! if so when did u started?

thanks...

Last edited:

mixin

how long u think you NYCD will take to ripe? aren't you already in week 10 of flowering?

and have start flushing yet! if so when did u started?

thanks...

they are on day 79 right now. i am 100% organic so i might not do a big flush. but i will lower the nutes probably with molasses. i was told that my plants looked like a 13-14 week foxtail sativa pheno and they appear to need that much time to finish. so i am waiting for the big swell before hit them with just molasses.

i hope they hurry up and wrap it up asap though :rasta:

jonas@diesel

Veteran
humm ...so i will be harvesting in March instead! by the look of it... but what pheno is the 10 week ripe that Soma says in his book? maybe it's possible
some phenos may be done earlier, i've identify at least one of my plants phenos has fox tail .. so i'm guessing that it's gonna take longer, but i think
i have other phenos as well! what you think?
this is the foxtail cola
DSC_0085-1.jpg

BTW really in-loved by your macro shots really beautiful, you know about similar lens for nikon?

peace

mixin

hey jonas. thanks for stopping back by. i was a little bummed to find out it was going to take an extra month maybe to finish these out too... i have read of people who have an 8 week purple budded pheno of nycd too. not sure how many different phenos there are in nycd. but its day 79 here and they still have tons of white hairs everywhere.

i am really hoping to see then swell and twist into nice solid nugs in the next couple weeks!

snuggy1955

well mixin you have inspired me to go with a 250, i am on PO, so cant grow for another month, and need to buy all new equipment, the 150 dont produce much and 400 is to big for my current situation.

what ventilation do you use? and do you suck air in through filter or do you have seperate venting for hood and odor?

just some specs, please?..... great grow, i recommend lemon skunk, or train wreck, just order LS fem from GHS and am waiting to get going

one of the better grows on here right now!

mixin

thanks for stopping by snuggy!

i am using a 4 inch fan and filter from htgsupply.com. i have it sucking through the filter in my veg room and a separate one in my bloom room that blows out of the filter.

i would highly recommend a lumatek digital ballast if you are buying a new light system. way brighter, less heat and longer bulb life.

if you have anymore questions just let me know! thanks for stopping by!

mixin

hey mixin- i c u r using a grow tent...do you use anything besides that fan to keep everything cool in there?

nope just a 4" vortex fan is all. once i get my new light (lumatek ballast w/ either another 250w or 400w cooltube) i should be able to keep my temps totally under control. right now my temps are about 89 degrees. nothing more i can do about it right now. the plants are seeming to be able to better use the CO2 at higher temps so hopefully that is a benefit for now.

really looking forward to using a cooltube so i can get some nice purples going in the tent. hopefully with lapis mountain indica really soon!

mixin

finally got a chance to post some pics. they are definately getting heavier everyday. trichomes are still increasing. i will have some new trichome shots this weekend.

nice little nug off my nycd #2
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture31846-jan-22-1.jpg

huge main cola off my nycd #1 (this pheno is extremely white with crystals, the picture doesn't do it justice)
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture31848-jan-22-3.jpg

shiny nug off my nycd #1
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture31849-jan-22-4.jpg

another shiny nug off my nycd #1
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture31850-jan-22-5.jpg

nice side cola off my nycd #2
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture31851-jan-22-6.jpg

main cola off nycd #2 (notice all the white hairs still around...)
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture31853-jan-22-8.jpg

nice close up of a nycd #2 nug
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture31852-jan-22-7.jpg

jonas@diesel

Veteran
wow ...just wow ...i cant get tired of watching your buds... they are massive (especially #1)

how much long do you still think it will take to harvest? 2 weeks or so?! will you go by trichomes color ? if so whats your goal 50/50 milky/ambar?
and mixin are u still feeding those 'little monsters' or are you already flushing and what's the smell right now?
what's your temp with light OFF?

sorry for so many questions ehehe

mixin

hey jonas - thanks for the kind words!

i think that they are finally starting to swell up. i opened my tent this morning and my #1 was having trouble holding up its weight on the top cola. i had to tie it up at a supercropped joint and then when i got home i had to add yet another support because it was leaning down even more! i am definately going to go by the trichomes. i will post pics of the macros so you guys see just what i see too. 50/50 sounds about right too.

right now i am still feeding them nutes. for every gallon i add about 10ml of liquid karma, 25ml of pure blend pro bloom, 5ml of b'cuzz bloom stimulator, and 1 tablespoon of molasses. when i check the trichomes (hopefully tomorrow) i will make a decision if i am going to use only molasses from now on.

i did notice definate purple hues on my nycd 3 plant! finally... i hope these girls are about to wrap things up!

i am not sure what my night temps are. i don't want to interrupt the light cycle at all. i have been thinking about putting a pot full of ice in the tent each night to see if that drops the temps a little more to induce more purples. not sure if i will do it but i might

jonas@diesel

Veteran
be careful with the ice, when it melts it may increase humidity inside the tent and that's not good because of mold

I have a thermohygrometer to check my temps and RH and it has a feature that keeps a memory of the highest/lowest
peak so when lights turn on i go to my grow room and just check it and it shows me the lower temp it hit,
all this without disturbing the night cycle

and another thing I forgot to mention is that my light is ON at night, from 9pm to 9am,
which means that during light off my temperatures are hotter because it's daytime outside, for me as thumb of rule,
inside the tent it's 2 degrees higher than ambient temperature of the house, anyway,...
isn't the purple a genetic trait of this strain?

can't wait for more macro 'beauty trich' shots eheh

Last edited:

mixin

i forgot i can check the hi/low with my thermometer too. i just checked and they got down to 76 degrees last night.

the purple is a genetic trait with nycd, but i am pretty sure that it is still induced by cooler temps. i bet if i could get the temps to drop more the purple would become more visable on all the plants. i have a c.a.p. controller that will exhaust my tent if humidity gets to high so i don't have to worry about that. i think tonight i will see if some ice will drop the temps a little just for a little experiment. hopefully it works :rasta:

jonas@diesel

Veteran
good luck hope it works

do you think purple has any affect on taste/smell? or is just a visual
genetic trait!

mixin

i don't know if the purple would effect the taste or smell. i have to hope that it would, but if it doesn't it would still make for better pictures :rasta:

as much as i love to smoke weed, i really like taking pictures of it. there is nothing better than smoking weed off the same plant that you are taking pictures of. i love it

Latest posts

Latest posts