What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mixin's nycd grow - supercropped new york city diesel

mixin

just a couple pics on day 64 flowering. the fan leaves are yellowing and falling off. we took a bunch of macro pics of some of the smallest bottom buds and they are crystal clear trichomes. i think these plants may take a minimum of two more weeks to finish. as soon as i get my canon rebel 450 in the mail i will be able to post lots of actual trich shots and determine when they are ready to chop... stay tuned

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture28097-big.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture28096-little.jpg

mixin

i am bummed but i have learned a valuable lesson when buying camera equipment online... before you purchase anything from what appears to be a good deal from some online camera shop .... do yourself a favor and do a quick google search on the company you are about to buy from. just google the "company name + reviews" and see what pops up. i had a canon rebel xsi ordered just to get the run-around and told two weeks later that they couldn't get my camera until february...

there are a lot of scam sites out there trying to scam and up-sell people just trying to buy new cameras. i just don't want you guys to fall victim like lots of others (myself included) have...

i ordered from amazon tonight to hopefully get my new canon 450 xsi. should have it by jan 10. i promise i will have some good pics of my girls before they are done!

mixin

well my fan leaves are yellowing which allows better pictures of whats going on in the back side of my tent a little. i think i need to keep watering with some nutes a little longer until my buds start to swell more. i stopped with molasses today, just watered them with liquid karma and botanicare sweet. they are on day 65 right now and i think they are really going to need a couple more weeks at least. there are still white hairs everywhere.

what do you guys think? according to soma's organic book, the nyc diesel should begin to swell and turn a more purple color.. i wonder if my supercropping during flowering has slowed up my finish date??

whole tent all under a 250w hps
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture28292-whole-tent.jpg

#1 nycd top cola - this cola is as big as my whole arm (supercropped elbow included)
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture28281-nycd1-main-cola.jpg

#2 nycd top cola
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture28283-nycd-2-main-cola.jpg

#3 plant side cola
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture28282-nycd-2-cola.jpg

Last edited:

mixin

thanks dude. i picked some of the popcorn buds around the bottom of my smallest plant and at first they really looked like the result was not going to be good (nice bud at first but it moistened quickly and looked like beasters). well i grabbed that bag today (after bag-drying for 5 days) and there was just a little left but it had dried out more and looked nice. i packed it up and BANG! it was an instant head high! i know i need a few more weeks on my girls so i hope a little drying and curing will end my grow of nycd with some top notch nugs! at least i hope so

mixin

thanks gr8!

as promised... CANON MP-E trichome shots!!!! we took these around day 61 to 63. they say that the canon mp-e lens is difficult to get the hang of, but we got these pics in our first hour of using the lens. hope you guys like!

the subjects
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture28814-nug-we-shot-mp-e.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture28815-trich-1.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture28816-trich-2.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture28817-trich-3.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture28818-trich-4.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture28819-trich-5.jpg

what do you think?

Last edited:
C

cway

Mixin,

Man I had the same foxtail pheno that you have and it took a whole 13-14 weeks to finish. It was the most potent but had the least grapefruit taste.. I only had pheno turn purp and it had a intense grapefruit taste.. real tart.. that one went like 10 weeks if my stoner memory serves me correctly. great job on your grow.. My foxtail pheno was the most intresting though. it had some funky shaped buds..

mixin

cway said:
Mixin,

Man I had the same foxtail pheno that you have and it took a whole 13-14 weeks to finish. It was the most potent but had the least grapefruit taste.. I only had pheno turn purp and it had a intense grapefruit taste.. real tart.. that one went like 10 weeks if my stoner memory serves me correctly. great job on your grow.. My foxtail pheno was the most intresting though. it had some funky shaped buds..

thanks for the advice cway. i am not sure which one you think is the foxtail pheno? this is my first successful indoor grow so i am still new to this. i know my biggest producer in there is covered in trichomes like crazy! i will be getting better pictures of more trichomes to see just how they start to cloud up so i can harvest these babies at their prime (and you guys get to see just what i see!)

thanks for stopping by and check back soon!

mixin

dr. dog, homespunditc, Gr8StonedDragon - thanks for stopping by!

my camera will definately be here this thursday so i will have many more pics coming soon! i can't wait to zoom in on some of the bud with massive amounts of crystals on them!!!

Fox-26

Nice mixin thats a awesome looking plant.How often do u supercrop threw the flowering stage before u have to stop??

mixin

i only supercropped when i had to keep the plant from hitting the light. they shoot up quick after 12/12 and it took 2-3 supercrops (and some fishing line) to keep all the plants where they needed to be to maximize the light on the plants. i wish i didn't need to supercrop during flowering but it has worked out pretty good so far

Latest posts

Latest posts