What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mixin's nycd grow - supercropped new york city diesel

guanito

Man, I re-bent a joint, just like you said not to do, and it cracked! I hope it wil turn out alright. I bent two plants last night. They looked fine. I checked today and they damn near straightened up! So I re-bent one. the other one I'll just start tying down, but I have to figure out a good way, with some kind of wire, to snap on a "supercrop clip" of somekind.

cheers.

:fsu:

mixin

hey dude! don't worry about your "re-bend cracked joint" if you didn't crack it too bad it should heal up ok but with more of a "knee" bend" to it instead of a smaller elbow. i don't know what type pots you are growing in but here is how i do it to tie them down.

i am using 2-3 gallon cheap plastic nursery pots. i just take something with a point like scissor blades or a pointed knife and poke a hole at the top of my pots where i can get the best leverage to pull down my plant. then i take a small zip tie (aka cable tie) and i attach it loosely to a section that isn't heavily budded making sure not to tighten the zip tie up. actually leave it loose so you can tie some fishing line to it. its actually easier for me to tie the fishing line to the zip tie before i even attach it to the plant. then just put the other end of the fishing line through the hole you made in the plastic pot and pull it as tight as you need to get maximum light to your supercropped branch.

look how i tied down some of mine. its hard to really tell in the pics but you can get an idea. they are absolutely loving it! good luck!!!

Patch7

mixin, sweet grow!!! :muahaha:

they look like they still have a ways to go. they will swell much much more. i wouldn't stop their feed yet. and yes, once you do begin to use just water, it is fine to keep using molasses until the chop. i am currently on week 4 of flowering 3 nycd x deep chunk and my ladies look almost identical to yours...

mixin

Patch7 said:
mixin, sweet grow!!! :muahaha:

they look like they still have a ways to go. they will swell much much more. i wouldn't stop their feed yet. and yes, once you do begin to use just water, it is fine to keep using molasses until the chop. i am currently on week 4 of flowering 3 nycd x deep chunk and my ladies look almost identical to yours...

i can't wait to see them swell up! i have the soma organic growing book and there are pictures nyc diesel in different stages of flowering. mine still need to turn that corner and get the "corkscrew effect" on the buds as soma calls it. i can't wait to see how they begin to change into there final budding stage!!! :canabis: :joint: :joint:

i would love to see some pics of yours if you have any? thanks for stopping by!

Patch7

mixin said:
i can't wait to see them swell up! i have the soma organic growing book and there are pictures nyc diesel in different stages of flowering. mine still need to turn that corner and get the "corkscrew effect" on the buds as soma calls it. i can't wait to see how they begin to change into there final budding stage!!! :canabis: :joint: :joint:

i would love to see some pics of yours if you have any? thanks for stopping by!

Hey There Mixin!!!

I don't have any pics currently but I can take some in the next week or so and I will post them for you when I get them. I used to take pics all the time when I first started growin, but have become a complete and total paranoid. I used to take shots of my garden twice a week to see growth etc. I have since stopped taking pics.... Pics can lead to evidence etc. But I will take a few in the next week like I said.

Patch7

mixin

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture27077-1.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture27078-2.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture27081-nycd-nugs.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture27082-up-close.jpg

mixin

day 57 w/ nycd

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture27245-nycd-xmas-tree-1.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture27246-nycd-xmas-tree-2.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture27247-nycd-xmas-tree-3.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture27248-nycd-xmas-tree-4.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture27249-nycd-xmas-tree-5.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture27250-nycd-xmas-tree-1.jpg

i have never smoked nycd before. smoked sour diesel and that shit rocks so hopefully nycd lives up to the diesel name!!!

mixin

a buddy stopped by today with his canon rebel 450 and we snapped a few good pics. day 58 flowering. more pics will be coming soon

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture27503-up-close-nycd-nug.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture27501-close-up.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture27500-almost-macro-4.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture27499-almost-macro-3.jpg

and the biggest supercropped cola
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture27502-fat-nycd-cola.jpg

Last edited:

SpoCannabis

Very nice, very nice!! Those Rebel's are the shiiiiit!! Seriously though, I am looking at buying the new Cannos EOS Rebel Xsi.... keep us posted ;-) :joint:

joebean91

hang the sonofabitch anyways
ICMag Donor
Hey Mixin , lookin good man ! . Can't wait to see the finished product . You may have persuaded me to try NYCD for myself soon .

mixin

joebean91 said:
Hey Mixin , lookin good man ! . Can't wait to see the finished product . You may have persuaded me to try NYCD for myself soon .

thanks! check back as i harvest and attempt to properly cure to see just how each of the three phenos. i will be posting a review of how the smoke was for each from my own little panel of judges too :rasta:

oh yeah, i will be getting a new canon rebel camera and macro lens before new years so you know i will be posting lots of new pics of the final days and the harvest!

Latest posts

Latest posts