What's new

Mitch's Auto Adventure......

DJbigbud

Pic of SODK @ 70 days.... Plant is 22" tall.
jGuqwUg.jpg

The English Cut

Started some seeds

Started some seeds

4 each of SODK, Fantasmo Express, Supernatural OG & Ripley's OG. Seeds hit soil 7th April, this photo is from yesterday. 100% germination, all very vigorous so far. Quality. Oh, and don't worry Mitch, I won't hijack your thread with my grow but i will be posting here whenever something impresses me like this. Also huge thanks to you for the speedy service and extra seeds :tiphat:

picture.php

I have spots prepared for them all, I'm doing 2 of each strain in pots outdoors that I'll move into the greenhouse as weather dictates. Then I'll have 2 of each in different spots outdoors with no refuge from the elements - survival of the fittest!

What's the deal with transplanting these things? If the weather's a bit ropey right now could I pot them up to 3L (only because it's the next biggest pot I have) and put them out in the soil when the weather improves or will that be too late/too much shock for an auto to take?

The other option would be to plant them straight out now (or when the first roots show through the peat pot) with plastic bottle cloches for a bit of protection until they toughen up. I'm feeling the second option is best but just thought I'd check anyway.

I was also wondering which of these strains you think would benefit the most from having a larger pot. It's just that I have a few different sizes to choose from and I want to make sure the biggest pots go to the plants with the potential to be biggest. any guidance would be much appreciated. Peace, TEC.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
4 each of SODK, Fantasmo Express, Supernatural OG & Ripley's OG. Seeds hit soil 7th April, this photo is from yesterday. 100% germination, all very vigorous so far. Quality. Oh, and don't worry Mitch, I won't hijack your thread with my grow but i will be posting here whenever something impresses me like this. Also huge thanks to you for the speedy service and extra seeds :tiphat:

View Image

I have spots prepared for them all, I'm doing 2 of each strain in pots outdoors that I'll move into the greenhouse as weather dictates. Then I'll have 2 of each in different spots outdoors with no refuge from the elements - survival of the fittest!

What's the deal with transplanting these things? If the weather's a bit ropey right now could I pot them up to 3L (only because it's the next biggest pot I have) and put them out in the soil when the weather improves or will that be too late/too much shock for an auto to take?

The other option would be to plant them straight out now (or when the first roots show through the peat pot) with plastic bottle cloches for a bit of protection until they toughen up. I'm feeling the second option is best but just thought I'd check anyway.

I was also wondering which of these strains you think would benefit the most from having a larger pot. It's just that I have a few different sizes to choose from and I want to make sure the biggest pots go to the plants with the potential to be biggest. any guidance would be much appreciated. Peace, TEC.

All of your choices strainwise are of similar size/potential size, they would all benefit from a big container.

I think with potting up it's the timing, outdoors you have a little more margin for error than inside (imo)

Someone recently double up-potted a fantasmo express and had good results, but If it was me I'd get them into their final pot and let them do their job from there on out.

Because the weather is still a little questionable here at the moment, we are starting ours inside in 1.5 litre pots, then when they show sex (around 14 days from now) they'll go into 15 Litres in the polytunnel.

I'm going to experiment with germinating into some large large pots a little later in the season.

Good luck anyway, and don't worry, feel free to post an image or ask whatever you need in this thread.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A few bits and pieces happening lately -

Fruits of the last project run -
picture.php

Having a play - this was the Sour stomper OG kief
picture.php

A lower bud from an average pollinated plant - Making some freebie/ltd edition sour blues seeds
picture.php

And lastly, making some progress at one of the outdoor spots
picture.php

We need to install a drip system, and we will add extraction to the tunnels
But were just testing out the spacing of the pots.
The base medium is once used biobizz lightmix, we will ammend with worm humus, bat guano, black pearl, and pop a couple of biotabs in each container.
Hoping to then solely feed with plain water. But will have liquid organics on standby should we need them.
Going to narrow it down to 50 candidates per tunnel, then from there I'll be looking to pollinate 5-10 plants depending.
Cheers

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just a mini update, soon we will be starting the following beans for outdoor and project work.

Sickmeds seeds - williams wonder REG

BOG - Blue Kush, Sour Strawberry Kush REG (to begin 24 carat#2)

Loompafarms - Yeti REG

I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting too.

We've also been gathering as many good amnesia cuts as possible to begin working on our version of an auto amnesia haze.

Should keep us busy for awhile!

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Great update Mitch.
All the best for those new lines your working/playing with.
Thanks for sharing.

h3sus

mitch which are the most mold resist varieties of your strains? and good for wet conditions?
I will order some seeds on next week, so any advice before?

The English Cut

mitch which are the most mold resist varieties of your strains? and good for wet conditions?
I will order some seeds on next week, so any advice before?

I guess Mitch is up to his eyes in it at the moment. I asked the same question and although up till this year they haven't really been breeding for outdoor strains, he recommended the 4 strains I ended up getting, so keep an eye out for my updates and we'll see how they do here in humid conditions that usually rot autos.

It's time for a little update now, roughly a month since my 16 seedlings emerged from the soil. I've had no losses yet, even though slugs and snails have done their best, even chewing halfway through a stem. Definitely some tough, vigorous plants.

Here's the seven at my outdoor spot just after I planted them out. (Around 25th Apr) They're trailblazing for my main outdoor plants which will go in when these are chopped. Hopefully by that point the soil will be teeming with beneficial life.
picture.php

Here they are yesterday. The tallest one is probably a foot or so.
l-r Supernatural OG, Fantasmo Express & SODK.
picture.php

l-r Ripley's OG, SODK.
picture.php

l-r Fantasmo Express, Supernatural OG.
picture.php

and these are some from the polytunnel, the tallest here is over 40cm.
picture.php

well, that's all for now, I'll probably update in a month or so. Peace, TEC.

paulo73

Veteran
Inspired by TEC here are a few Mephisto genetics outside in late April.

Today i´ll take some shots from the larger ones(SourBubbly), the ones above are 24Carats.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lovely to see some Mephisto girls out in the sun! Nice one guys.

Yes apologies, absolutely snowed under at the moment with things, Next opportunity I'll be back with a good update.

Tonight, I will be germinating the varieties for new outdoor projects, also I'll be starting the f2's from the last round of projects, the grape stomper OG, bear og and so forth, as we've just completed a seed run there'll be space to get them going.

Hope everyone is cool anyway, mitch

The English Cut

They look very happy indeed paulo73.

Please send a little sun this way, my babies are being battered by an atlantic storm that looks set to last into next week :(

paulo73

Veteran
Sun sent your way. I just don´t know how long will he take to get there...
Of course that the ones inside look a tad better
24Carats
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SourBubbly
picture.php

picture.php

ddt

I love Sour Cracks. Two of them grown on balcony full time. I think i will be very happy soon :) Just initial test grow for phenos and growth potential.

picture.php

The English Cut

You're right paulo, the indoor ones do indeed look better. Interesting that they seem to have narrower leaves. Did they all start at the same time?

I started training some of my mephistos yesterday. This is the 45l pot with Fantasmo Express, SODK & Supernatural OG, they were in the polytunnel last night so didn't get messed up by the storm. No, it was me that messed them up!
picture.php

I just popped out to have a look and they're looking a lot better today:
picture.php

This pot with Ripley's OG & SODK was left out all night, looking a little sad, some black edges on the leaves. I'm sure it'll pick up, I might spray them with some aloe water:
picture.php

Alpen rock

Outdoor autos, thats what Im talkin about ....all looking great , many thks for sharing yall:laughing::tiphat:

Extremly interested to see the end product/results:woohoo:

Latest posts

Latest posts