What's new

midwest growers unite

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
KO: didnt know you were a tent person also! i guess im the only one still in a closet. :joint: next place though, im going to a tent. dont like cutting holes in my place more than i have to.
the og really stretched on you, huh? maybe it would be ideal for a scrog. is that a digi macro youre using? mine sucks, its a canon powershot.

PC: i might have to do that, run a tub without doing ph-corrected addbacks. i keep having to mix up all sort of acids and bases to keep the ph in line, i have to think thats building up in the system somehow. so u never noticed a difference in growth when you stopped using ph correction? thats pretty amazing...
Do you use the BC 3 part nutes? also, when you say you use advance, do you mean Advanced Nutrients or Dutch Master Advance?

OS: I really should shop at menards more, youre right. everytime i go in there i find something thats just as good quality as home depot if not better and it's almost always cheaper... sometimes i wonder why i even go to home depot. must be all that marketing...

DX: Those NLxBB should be dank smoke, two very famous strains. i wouldn't use grow bags as a bubble bucket, they're not waterproof, in fact i think they have holes in the bottom to let water drain. the advantage to them is that they're cheap and easy and disposable.
u can keep your mothers in a bubbler. keeping them in soil might be simpler. my moms are in soil. if i needed a lot of clones i might keep them in a bubbler, but id also have to up the wattage too.

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
booey - yeah i like the tent a lot. still waiting for my other one to get here. og stretches a shit ton. she doesn't really fit in the scheme right now, but with some training, i'm sure she'll stay shorter. yeah its a digi macro. nikon coolpix s1.

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
i must say, i am also liking my tent very much. i'm glad i was able to fit it in my room lol (wasn't easy lol)

so let's get a quick census going: what's ur favorite strain in your cab now?

mine is the purple crack which is some bagseed that turned out to be absolutely delicious in a fruity/floral type of way with insane resin production and a surprisingly fast finish for how much i think its a sativa leaning (thin leaves, and speed/soaring high) i've had some good runs with her but as i try other stuff i will phase her out as she throws nanners a ton...

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
schrom at 3ft. in my tron...

schrom at 3ft. in my tron...

Bababooey said:
PC: i might have to do that, run a tub without doing ph-corrected addbacks. i keep having to mix up all sort of acids and bases to keep the ph in line, i have to think thats building up in the system somehow. so u never noticed a difference in growth when you stopped using ph correction? thats pretty amazing...
Do you use the BC 3 part nutes? also, when you say you use advance, do you mean Advanced Nutrients or Dutch Master Advance?

:joint: IMHO i think the ph thing is overrated, thats just me folks...I use everything in that bc nutes package...advance nutes also i use..Hope this helps. :joint:

schrom flowered on 9/20/08 it streched like a mofo but all is cool. I only did 1 res. change in my life and it was my 1st. swc/tron grow. in my 2nd. swc/tron grow i didnt change res. at all and the rest is history...now can u imagine changing res in a tron with a 3ft. tall plant inside...it was a bitch..again can u imagine changing res. on 15 buckets, i think not....no res. change for me inside or outside of my Phototrons for life. :asskick:

Hard to see but here's my Schrom cross seeds. Paint brush pollination works great..heard Q-tips work too. :violin:

Strawberry Cough flowered on 9/1/08

^^^^^close ups of SC :asskick:

im also gonna sprout some Vietnam Black x G13/Blk Widow seeds

Last edited:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
:badday: :badday: :badday: cant say much but the shit wont stop falling, kind of like shit dominoes. atleast its not too bad yet, nothing has had to be wacked atleast. on a good note though the train is rolling :joint:

Dr. G

hey havent been around for a while

the putdoors got like 3 lbs total split and i was sposed to make hash today but thats postponed till tomroow

got some void bliss key ogbub sbbx3 and vortex comming out in 3 weeks

just threw in a set hopefully i can move within thsi next mth then ill bring ,y half flowered plants to the new house if it goes longer i will finnish up here but were trying to move asap

trying to have a 20x20 flowering room with an aisle down the middle prolly do like 6k maby 7

then get at least a 10x10 vegg room with like 600-1000

anyone in here got any of the cali kushes or any of the chems other than #4?

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
he has a thread with them in it. do advanced search and search for threads started by him. that'll get you there quick!

good to see u G!

M

mrred

Bababooey said:
its a canon powershot.
i got a canon A series, not a fan of powershot series but defiantly a fan of the A series, i highly recommend them, try the chdk firmware http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK it adds alot of feautures, more than most pro digital slrs, just download the right firmware for your camera, then powerup in play mode > menu > firm update > ok, then switch to camera mode

the main advantage is raw format which is basic a digital negative and live histrogram which helps you get the right shutter speed in manual mode

oh and dof stacking, which takes a series of images at different focus distances, and then you import them into a program, i use CombineZM which is free and works pretty good..

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
DS: you gotta love any strain named 'crack'! it's so good it's like crack! :rasta: what do you like best about her, the type of high or the potency?

PC: Im all for not changing the res if i dont have to. emptying 13 gallons of water is tedious. course it doesnt help that im somewhat lazy :rasta:
im gonna shoot for maybe a perpetual sog in my tubs: when i harvest, ill harvest individual ripe plants. that means ill have to try and remove as much of their rootmass from the tub as possible. i wont be able to get all of it though. hopefully that leftover rootmass doesnt mess up the growth of the other plants...
i suspect ill still have to change the res occasionally, maybe every 6 months?
how do you know when your plants need to feed: does growth start slowing down? do the leaf tips curl downwards? right now i figure i only have to put a couple tablespoons of nutes every 6 weeks in the res, just based on what im seeing so far...
the schrom and sc look good, btw. is schrom supposed to be like shrooms, give you that psychedelic high? :joint:

OS: So would you say that you look mostly for flavor in your bud? like more of a sweet, fruity type flavor instead of the skunky, spicey buds?
sounds like youve tried a lot of strains. would you say that, when properly grown, most of your buds are pretty similar in potency (as in, it varies by as much as 30%, but that just means you have to smoke a little more of one than the other to get to the same level. the difference isnt anywhere near as large as say the difference between compressed brickweed and homegrown dank...)
Nice budshots... are those cured nugs or just-dried? they look perfect regardless...

AB: im sending good karma your way, bro. hopefully everything works out. these are tough times though, for everyone... at least gas is under $3 a gallon, never thought id see that again...

DR: it's good to see the op once in a while! if you ever do that trim run, id love to see some pics. u bubble it or tumble? ive got a set of knockoff bubblebags off of ebay that im going to use for a trim run, just waiting on some more trim but should be by the end of the year...
your proposed grow room sounds like my dream room. :rasta: u gonna run e&f tables? those are probably the easiest in a big room like that, although you need to be johnny on the spot with the clones. u gonna run a perpetual sog? it's a lot of constant work but at least you're not overwhelmed at harvest time....

MR: thanks for the info. i didnt realize you could update the firmware on a digicam. is that a third party fw though? what if it effs up my camera? still worth a shot though... id really like to take better macro shots of my bud.

this is the premier excel i bought a few weeks ago. it's a tabletop injector machine for making your own cigarettes out of loose tobacco and empty filter tubes.

Two 6 oz packs of tobacco: $18 (each can make a carton of cigarettes)
Two cartons of 200 filter tubes: $6
Being able to say FU to sin taxes (in cook county IL it's $5 a pack): PRICELESS

I only smoke about a pack a week, like 3 cigs a day. Just gotta have a cig after a toke.
:joint:

Hard plastic case to hold the myo cigs.

18 cigarettes... or are they?...

Boo yah! Ground up water cured weed inside! the ultimate stealth smoke!
Unfortunately, this weed is from fully seeded bud, so it's potency is about the same as middies. Once i put some properly grown Flo in there, watch out, one cig of that and its nap time.... :canabis:

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
Bababooey said:
PC: Im all for not changing the res if i dont have to. emptying 13 gallons of water is tedious. course it doesnt help that im somewhat lazy :rasta:
im gonna shoot for maybe a perpetual sog in my tubs: when i harvest, ill harvest individual ripe plants. that means ill have to try and remove as much of their rootmass from the tub as possible. i wont be able to get all of it though. hopefully that leftover rootmass doesnt mess up the growth of the other plants...
i suspect ill still have to change the res occasionally, maybe every 6 months?
how do you know when your plants need to feed: does growth start slowing down? do the leaf tips curl downwards? right now i figure i only have to put a couple tablespoons of nutes every 6 weeks in the res, just based on what im seeing so far...
the schrom and sc look good, btw. is schrom supposed to be like shrooms, give you that psychedelic high? :joint:

gonna have to figure out ur own feeding schedule...depends on ur growroom enviorment and strains..some strains can handle more nutes then others. here's a thread on schroms..hope this helps.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=50698

CryptiC

New growing from Michigan like I said before.. wait on some purple widow, durban poison, and holland's hope seeds in a week or two...

So I put some seeds from middies in to get my temps and everything down in my cab... but they are stretching tall for not even 2 weeks old and like falling to one side from the weight of the leaves... is this just because it is shit genetics?

Just wondering if its grower error or just because its horrible genes...

They are like 4 inches away from my cfl's... Any tips?

I've been reading my ass off for awhile now and learned so much.. but never learned about this.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
cfls always cause stretch unless theyre right on top of the seedlings. only once did they not stretch for me and that was when i had the fluoro tube sitting about an inch or two away from the tops.

CryptiC

Well this is understood but I woke up this morning and all of my plants straightened out just fine only one of the 6 is now super lanky and hanging off to the side.. so good times thanks though.

Gotta love getting help from fellow midwest growers