What's new

midwest growers unite

CryptiC

Oscuridad said:
Hooking CFLs up vertical won't give you too much intensity downwards, but done right in a horizontal setup, you can get a lot of bang out of them.

Yea they provide more lumens from the side correct?

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
bad & good news...

bad & good news...

:joint: i gave my airbourne's g13, pacific's g13, green crack, and hawiian purple kush to my friend and he ended up getting mites and lost them...sux i know. but the good news is an OG buddy has all 4 of them strains and sed that he was gonna hook me up again, along with some other elite strains. btw, to whom it may concern, when my lights were off for 3 days i counted it as 1 day. hope this helps...... :asskick:

back in the OG days a guy gave me this aeroponics system just b/c i sent him some elite clones and he was from cali. never did get a chance to hook this up maybe someday. :asskick:

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
baba - the purple crack is great because of the potency AND the high. its def not a couchlock strain, more of a sitting on the edge of the couch and can't stop bouncing ur knee and feelin fidgety type of high. i wonder why its called the crack lol?

i usually have to smoke a diff type after it to even myself out. if im out and about then its a great "daytime" weed

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
Hellraiser Growroom...

Hellraiser Growroom...

:joint: just about half way through, at least for 3 plants...them strings you see have hooks at the ends of them for the future heavy branches. My way of growing.."the set it & forget it way"...i dont bother checking ph, ppm's or res changes and my plants are healthy as a mofo as u can see..Hope this helps. :spank:

had to bend the main stalks of the 2 Northern Whites(front plants) to buy me some time..didn't think it would stretch as much

1k lite less then 1 foot away..need a lite mover to be able to do this.^^

front plant schrom...looks like im gonna get a good yield on this one

broken Romulan branch^^^^^

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
PC: That schrom sounds dee-licious! crazy composer said it was the only strain that consistently made him paranoid. i consider that a good thing.. :rasta:
is that aeroponics system TAG, true aeroponic growing?
ive read that lightmovers can really boost the efficiency of your lights. i wonder if you can fit a lightmover in a hydrohut?

CC: what kind of medium and containers are you using? I think what OS is saying is that if you have enough cfl's, like ten or more lined up (200+ watts, in a warm spectrum), you can achieve pretty good grows.

DS: you have to love the weed that keeps you on your toes. my Flo is mostly in the head but last harvest i took it mostly amber and now it has a potent couchlocky to it after like 20 minutes or so. im hoping the nycd and especially the thai have that electric type high. :rasta:

Update on the closet:

Flo 33 days in.

Another tub of Flo, also 33 days in.

Flo tub, 47 days in. checked the trichs a couple days ago, still mostly clear. two more weeks im hoping? buds are still getting fat. yield wont be much, at least not compared to what i should be pulling, just need to put more clones in each tub. :joint:
speaking of more clones, i put two more clones in each of the 33 day tubs two days ago. we'll see if this perpetual sog in each tub is going to work....

On the Superstar: 2/3 sprouted in the peat pellets, they barely have their first set of leaflets. how long should i let them grow in the peat pellets? till they reach like 3rd node?

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
well i just threw the 5/6 sdog's that popped into cups of peat...

couple more purple crack harvested a few days ago...

baba - those flo look awesome

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
OS - purple crack started off as bagseed from a buddy's stash of headies seeds collected over the years... the type of high is ridiculous. less is more with this one, otherwise u feel like u got "the itch" haha

the only thing with it is its propensity to throw nanners. it may just be a hermie period, but some awesome smoke. i have a few self-pollenated beans from said nanners that i'm thinking will go outside next season. the strain has a certain fluffiness that should lend itself to being mold resistant too. i've heard that peeps have put stress sensitive strains outside and that they did not show male parts. i will be crossing my fingers!

M

mrred

i'd try about 15-20 plants in 1 tub bababooey, those are very nice and short plants

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
Bababooey said:
Update on the closet:

Flo 33 days in.

Another tub of Flo, also 33 days in.

Flo tub, 47 days in.

:insert contructive criticism here: :laughing:

well, it looks like youre making progress. i know your first grow herm'd your in your thread, looks like those problems have been solved. small though for dwc at 33 days, but still no girls packing nuts on you hiding in the closet.

Marshmello

What better place for this question?

What better place for this question?

What up peeps? Much respect to all the grows in the thread.

I got a question that has boggled me on more than a few occasions while medicated. I figured I could ask it here since y'all are from the "Mid-West".

I'm from Colorado and I would say that my states neighbor, Kansas, is the center of the U.S..

That being said, how can anything on the EASTERN HALF of the Country be "Mid-West"? Would "Mid-East" be more appropriate or no, because of the connection to "Arab Terrorists"?

Illinois? Minnesnota? Michigan? Yo, I'm high, but I ain't THAT high.

I'm looking forward to other peeps opinions.
Peace.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
i think "midwest" stems from the phrase "west of the mississippi". were pretty much dead nuts right on/or within range of that river( MN, IL, MO,etc) so im in between the west and the east according to the original historians. damn, didnt anyone pay attention in school? :muahaha:

Marshmello

Don't get me wrong....I ain't tryin' to hate.

I payed as much attention as was needed......don't change my opinion that the "Mid-West" as it has been dubbed, is on the Eastern half of the country.

:joint:

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
dude seriously, is that necessary? you don't agree with it? haha... why do noobs have to hijack this thread? missippi is the "middle" based upon history because it divides the country into unequal halves. it's not necessarily if you drew a damn dead centered line and split the country in half based on proportions coast to coast, etc. too much shit to factor in, but in the long run your opinion doesn't matter to us cuz we're still midwest cuhhh.

L

lostinethereal

Yeah dude, ask anyone not just members of IC where the Midwest is, and this is where they'll tell ya. I'm out in Nebraska (which I consider to be the center, not Kansas, fyi), and I've never heard anything besides the midwest, or heartland.

Besides, who cares if you call yourself midwest and you're a little further out? Last time I check we're not the most densely populated states out there, and people in certain states have their own thread, (cali, tx, fl anyone?) this is a great way for people pretty much out there on there own to communicate with like minded individuals that are just close enough you can call 'em your neighbor.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, you guys are right, I could easily 3x-5x the yield if i put more clones in and fimmed or topped them. Flo responds well to fimming, it'll create like 5 top colas and will be taller afterwards. :rasta: And i only put 3 clones in each tub at the start, and I could easily fit 6. I've drilled 7-8 holes in each lid, so i have plenty of holes for more clones with one hole for topping off, ph and ec measurements...

But let me show u some pics taken from the top instead of from the side to show you not all is lost:

From the top they look a little more full, you can see the plants to the side and back better. I'm figuring on two zips each tub for now, but once i use more clones and fim, i could easily triple that per tub.
:rasta:

i have this dutchmaster phosphoload. supposed to make the buds bigger and fatter. i was planning to use it on the thai stick when i run it again (should be within a week, the clone finally popped roots :rasta:) but should i use it on the flo as well? Flo is naturally spear like buds, you wont get the big donkey dicks with it, at least the pheno i have. but maybe with the phosphoload....

RM: These are DJ's Flo, S1's give to me by a friend, who got them from his friend, a med grower in a med state. One of his Flo's hermied from a light leak, they got a bunch of seeds which they passed around, and here i am and it's the best stuff ive grown so far. :rasta: The med grower ran Flo for 2 years; he's since moved on to other strains, but that's how much he liked it.

MM: I guess ive always considered the midwest the plains states. or its the area of the country that people from the coasts fly over when they travel to the other coast. :rasta:
I know what you mean, the lines on which state is the midwest seem blurry sometimes. Is KY in the midwest or is it in the south? Is Pennsylvania east coast or midwest? Eastern PA is definitely east coast, but western PA has probably more in common with the midwest... but what do i know what im talking about, never even been to PA.
For the purposes of this group id be more generous with a definition of midwest. and of course, you dont actually have to live in the midwest to be a member, just like you dont need to live on the east coast to be a part of fuckem, etc. I guess we're all just Americans at heart. And cannabis-lovers, of course.
:joint:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
who said anything about you being a hater? i might call you soft since its common knowledge marshmellows are squishy and melt under heat so :laughing: now i know we got something going when people pull their boats up and start trolling, getting any bites?

i thought phosphoload was banned or discontinued or something along those lines due to a component of it?