What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

midwest growers unite

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
purple phreak

purple phreak

not too many shots as i only used it for making f2s of it. you can see the freak genetics in the fan leaves, and the purpling that shows at normal temps.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
sup pokerman, i got 4 seeds out of a qp of purple commersh that went around a few months back. out of the 4 3 popped 2 males 1 female. the femme used in makin seeds smelled like rot/decay in vegg and it only got worse through flower. it looks really good but smells really damn bad :rasta: im assuming theres skunk genetics in it.

Oscuridad

Glad to see you decided to start postin over here bro, now you just gotta get set up :D

Yea bird those fans are looking phreaky indeed, how did she smoke in the end?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
After 48 hours, germ test of the nycd/thai seeds show 3/10 so far popped:

You might be only able to see 2 but there's a third with just a white nubbin popping out of it. :rasta:
I'll leave it in the paper towel for another 48 hours to see how many more pop. But regardless, looks like i have some freebies to give away. What's the best way to harvest seeds out of bud, btw?

Ray: I'm not a pro far from it but I'm trying to get there. :rasta: Your topping and pinching seems to be doing a good job of filling out your canopy and your colas are standing straight up so i dont know if you even need the bamboo but they're probably gonna get heavier and heavier (ALWAYS a good thing) so you might need it.

Oscuridad: Is that the DSD? Looking very very nice. You gonna harvest 10% amber or 50/50 cloudy clear? I ordered some DSD a while back but got ganked by customs. Looks like i missed out... although Rez still has plenty of packs on seedbay... :joint:

ABITA: There we go. Freaky, really robust looking fan leaves. Purple veins and stems too, with purpling on the leaves in late flower... Who was the proud daddy that knocked her up? :joint:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
i dont want to smoke it, thats the thing, the smells translates right into taste. myabe itll get better with a cure but for now im not really trying to inhale hot dog shit ya know :D

Oscuridad

haha sick, agree it doesn't sound too appetizing but those are definitely some interesting traits for breeding something funky.

Oscuridad

oh and Baba, those are a few different gals pictured.

The first two are different Jock phenos, one stretchy with huge swollen calyxes & the other really stout, all filled in with slightly nattier flowers.
The 3rd shot is of one of the ice tops.. they are actually in the same tub along with the Jocks, and have slowly rusted up & faultered a bit but are still looking & smelling great. Tight clumpy little calyxes, they're extremely dense & heavy already.

The DSD are the last photo.. hardly any dominant tops, just a panful of huge tangly bushes (6), dense sugary chunks all piled atop one another..pretty much gave up on trying to tie them up.

Everything will come down sometime in the next 2-3 weeks I suppose.

Wow. I just spent the last hour or three browsing this thread. Great to see so much going on here in the Midwest. I've been lurking ICmag for a year or so but I had to make an account to give you all a big thumbs up. Every page of this thread offers something new and exciting!

I'm working on my second run ever right now, got 19 ladies flowering under 1400w of HPS. First grow was just 6 under 400w (all Mandala genetics, 4x Satori 2x White Satin), couldn't have made it through that without ICmag as a guide. I'm trying a lot of new things with this new setup and so far everything is going great. I don't have a camera to take pictures for uploading (yet) but the genetics I'm running now are as follows:

3x Double Strawberry Diesel - Reservoir (3 fems out of 7 seeds, boo.)
4x Hashberry - Mandala (4 fems out of 5 seeds!)
1x White Satin - Mandala (bizzare double plant one half was female one half male...male obviously no longer connected)
5x Trainwreck - Green House Seeds (feminized)
5x Arjians Strawberry Haze - Green House Seeds (feminized)
1x Unknown Bagseed

In the future I'll definitely want to do a more uniform crop, the height difference is already becoming a pain. I'll try to get some pics to post but I can't guarantee anything.

Anyways, you guys are an inspiration. Keep up the good work!

edit: woops got my numbers wrong :bashhead:

Last edited:

raythat

Hey Bababooey good luck on that nycd/thai sounds very interesting Oscuridad the sugarblossom is as dense as it looks ,hard nuggets I know that JW is out of sugarblossom I am waiting on that C99 but I think that I am going to have to settle on AK/C99 cant go wrong with that combo. Oscuridad I like the swollen calyxes on that jock loooks dank dank

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
whatevercomes - hope you find something good out of the tw beans from gh. bird's growing em and they are not like the original. the mandala genes are solid. i got mandala #1 before they started making the fem version and supposedly mike doesn't like the purple characteristics that the new zealand purple indica brings to the table.

lc00p4 said:
whatevercomes - hope you find something good out of the tw beans from gh. bird's growing em and they are not like the original. the mandala genes are solid. i got mandala #1 before they started making the fem version and supposedly mike doesn't like the purple characteristics that the new zealand purple indica brings to the table.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for the Hashberrys, they are all stout and uniform and have tons of budsites emerging at the top. I loved the Satori I grew out last time, it was by far the best smoke I've ever had and many friends agreed. I'm conflicted on the GreenHouse genetics I've got going now, from what I've read the GreenHouse TW isn't real Trainwreck and their feminized seeds seem to be looked down upon as poor genetics overall here at ICMag. On the other hand one or two of the Trainwrecks I've got going now are big lush bushes that look to be competing for highest yield---so I guess I'll just have to reserve judgment 'till the smoke... :canabis:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
there reason theres so many complaints here on it is because weve grown it. yes the end product looks decent and the smoke is above par but it doesnt smell or taste or look like real wreck. pictures worth thousand words....

the real from a bx1 project

the ghs wreck

need i say more? let me know if it smells other than musty/funky socks :joint:

G

Hey Abird, i have a t.w from seed going..I think this may look somewhat similar to real arcada.let me know what ya think.There not from GHS..Jimi

Last edited:
G

Richard williams, is woodhorse the same as R.W?? What did you think of the woodhorse T.W???i just sent you a pm.

Last edited: