What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

midwest growers unite

astartes

clarification

clarification

I thought the same thing Bababooey. Are you clicking through the link to his Part 1 giveaway of the seeds? The link I put up for part 2 of the giveaway appears to be open to me as well. I think they're still up for grabs.

astartes

Last edited:

Oscuridad

Thanks for the headsup astartes..

Seems like the offer is still good.. get on it kids.
(remember the instructions. he don't want inquiries about availability, just the safeaddy..)

:joint:

Last edited:
Yeah I'm bummed. I saw JLP's thread when I woke up this morning but I don't have enough posts on here to send PM's yet, gotta have 50 apparently. Sour Diesel and OG Kush are both strains I'd love to have in my garden..together in the same plant sounds even better. Oh well, soon enough...soon enough.

The lights are coming on in my room in a few hours, I'm hoping to open the door and see that the stretch has stopped...especially since the tops of a few of the plants are nearing the max height my room allows for.

Here's a pic of the room the day before going into 12/12...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
JLP's actually got two threads re: this latest giveaway.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=101215
was the link posted. And you're correct, there's nothing that mentions he ran out of seeds. But you have to click on this:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=99445
to see that JLP edited his opening post to say ***the seeds are all gone***
That is not to say that maybe he wouldn't send you something else if you pm'ed him a safe addy, as we all know JLP is quite adept at making seeds. But it seems pretty clear that this batch, at least, is all gone... :joint:

astartes

bababooey ---

Ya got it backwards. Look at the dates on the two threads. Part 1 was started on 9.16. Part 2 was started today. I included a link to part 2 of the giveaway. At the top of the part 2 giveaway JLP has an imbedded link to part 1 of the giveaway. The only purpose for this is so people know the rules for receiving the seeds. JLP explicitly states in the part 2 thread that he will close the part 2 thread when he runs out of seeds. It's still open, thus seeds are still available. It seems pretty clear to me, Baba, and I know 4-5 members that got confirmation of the seeds even after you posted that all the seeds were gone. The whole *** the seeds are gone*** was last edited on 9.16. Logic follows that he is referring to the Part one giveaway.

Also please don't just send him a PM and expect seeds for the hell of it. The man's got enough going on. He does these giveaways a few times a year. If you don't get in on this one, there will be others. Don't take advantage of his generosity, or that generosity may just dry up... My two cents at least.

THE SOUR D X OGK F2s ARE STILL AVAILABLE.

Get em while you still can folks.

astartes

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
You're right Astartes, I didn't realize he had two rounds of giveaways (the first round he ran out of packaging but still had seeds, so that's why there's a second round). I just focused on the fact that in his second thread he makes reference to the first thread, at least re: instructions on how to ask (just pm him a safe addy, no need to ask). I did realize his second thread wasn't closed yet, but I thought that was an oversight on his part, maybe he's in a situation where he cant check a computer as frequently as he'd like....

So I pm'ed JLP now, about 18 hours after I should have. :bashhead:

And you're right, you shouldn't just pm him for the hell of it and expect seeds. But I was thinking if he gets a lot more pms than he has seeds, maybe he'll put the people who missed out this round at the top of the queue for the next batch of seeds. Of course no one has any right to expect anything from him, he does this purely out of the kindness of his heart and has special privileges to do so (didn't know that it was against TOU to offer free seeds on icmag - guess i can't do the same with my nycd/thai beans), but since he IS so nice, he might remember the people who just missed out. I doubt it though, since he must be getting hundreds of pms every giveaway...

Anywho, my apologies if I caused anyone not to pm JLP. If I did mess up your chance for a freebie, pm me and we'll work something out (hopefully I'll get some of these F2's and can help those in need). :rasta:

Whatevercomes: I like the look of your garden. Is that coco in 2 gallon pots? Those plants look 6" going in, how tall are they now? The mylar looks clean and flat but I notice the walls seem to be painted white underneath. Do you think using mylar gives enough of an advantage over flat white paint to be worth the hassle?

Oscuridad

It'd be good to know more about the og bx1 male, I think it says somewhere in there that it's from Suge? But anyways sometimes it's nice to just grow something out without having expectations of what it should come out like.. that they're f2s makes the guessing game seem even more fruitless.

Regardless, it's a good day knowing they're supposedly taking flight today. Are any of you gonna pop em right away?

ooga booga

Hey astartes :wave:

Those strains sound familiar :D, I wonder if they look similar to mine?

Orange Diesel:

Casey Jones:

Chem #4:

Burkle (still revegging):

New light (400w) to veg up some moms, hoping it'll take the Burkle out of reveg sooner. I hear low-intensity light (was using fluorescent shop lights earlier) can keep plants in the "confused" reveg state longer.

Hope things are well...

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
sup ooga booga, welcome to the thread. yeah rootfingers, im gonna vegg my sourbubs, ffa, chemSG, bubba creek, and crystal loco about 15 weeks because ill be around off and on. easier to watch vegg part time than flower part time. but yeah, im expecting a monster or 2 :rasta:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Whoo hoo! I got a pm re: JLP's freebies! :woohoo:
Thought I screwed that one up for sure.
Don't worry, Whatevercomes, I'll hook u up. PM once u get to 50 posts.

Ooga booga: Nice plants. U got a smoke report on those? Is the chem 4 from seed or clone?

Astartes: I just repotted my nycd moms and my thai mom. Im only vegging under flouros, but I dont need a large number of clones so it's fine. I'm going to have to try your revegging trick of cutting off the funky growth, since my nycd's clones were flowering when i took the cuts. So far they've hardly grown, hopefully the repotting will take care of that... :joint:

ABITA: what sort of wattage are you going to veg 15 weeks under? If it's any sort of decent wattage I hope your ceiling is at least 10 feet high. Are you going to do any training to keep the height manageable?

Bababooey said:
Whatevercomes: I like the look of your garden. Is that coco in 2 gallon pots? Those plants look 6" going in, how tall are they now? The mylar looks clean and flat but I notice the walls seem to be painted white underneath. Do you think using mylar gives enough of an advantage over flat white paint to be worth the hassle?

Exactly right baba, good eye, coco in 2 gallon pots. The smallest plant was around 5.5" and the largest was something like 11" going into flower. The tallest now is right around 34" and I think a couple of the more sativa phenos are going to stretch an inch or three more. I think the room could handle 38-42" plants but it would be a pretty tight fit--hell it already is a pretty tight fit. Hopefully I can borrow a digital camera from a friend sometime in the next week or two and get some pics, it's truly a jungle in there now. I was expecting something like 14-16 ladies from all the seeds I popped but a bit of luck gave me 19. Can't complain of course, the more the merrier.

As for the walls there is indeed nice flat white paint on there already but the walls themselves are textured which seemed to be creating some mini-shadows making it less reflective so I decided to hang some Mylar just in case. I think if the walls hadn't been textured I probably would have been just fine leaving them white with no mylar.

Ripcord

My seeds are coming too. Hats off to astartes. Double hats off to JLP. I'll pop a few asap and post a few pics in here when things get going. :headbange

Its called Zero Gravity.. Its ok but not really cured good. A little on the wet side for more weight I think, I lay it out over night to dry a little. Ill try to throw a pic up of it. Yeah I want to get a couple of different seed strains online but just scared to get caught and I really dont know which is a good bank. Question about ballasts should I go Digital/Switch style ballasts? I have a 400W MH/HPS ballasts but thinking of returning it and going digital, what do you think I havent used it at all still in box w/ papers...
Bababooey im looking for something that would fill out a 3x3 scrog screen with about 2-4 plants... Any ideas on strains?

Here are some quick strains I had in mind....(haha trying to get to 50 posts) All these strains Im looking off of SeedBoutique.com Just a quick bank I found to get some names and info, is it a good site at all?

American Dream
Sensi Star
Ice
Bubblicious
Skywalker

It would be nice to get some cuttings in the mail off the internet but I dont think thats going to happen anytime soon. But these are just some buds Ive read about and smoked, just wondering if they would be a good drow in that style.

I have one more question about how many ballast and lights can I have and still stay under low. Im going to run 1 400 can i do 3?

Murderapolis: I've got a 400w digital ballast and a 1000w non-digital and the only real discernible difference (besides the wattage) is the heat produced. Digital is obviously much much cooler, I can't say much else about the quality of either since I'm only on my second grow but I would say for sure take temperature into consideration if you're going to get a non-digital ballast---they get pretty damn warm.

As far as SeedBoutique is concerned I've had great success using them and I know many others have as well. Also check out http://www.seedbay.com/ and http://www.drchronic.com/ as both are generally very reliable.