What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

midwest growers unite

reddy1

ICMag Donor
lostinthereal looks like your plants got a little indica in them. what's cheMSG? should fill out your new cab nicely. great job man.

i'm going to attempt a 10 gallon coco, vertical scrog with my menage a trois -flytrap pheno, she'll finish in 55-70 days of 12/12. she needs a lot of food so her and a large clone will share a special 10 gallon rez in a drip setup. she's had some issues with bugs and nutes this summer. fall is a much better indoor growing time. temps and humidity are perfect in my rooms now. bugs are getting their asses whooped. i expect high yields from this one. stay tuned.

astartes

Orion ---

Nice job with the harvest, but what's with the hostility? I thought your pics looked just fine...

astartes

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
reddy1 said:
what's cheMSG?

moonshineman's MSG (G13(G13xMedman) female hit up with a chemDkush IX-1 male. both were frosted heavily, well the female version of the IX-1 was, and the smoke was topnotch from the IX-1 as well. basically its a pollen chucked hashplant, should be pefect for bubble.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
LIE: That cab looks pretty sweet. Are you building the whole thing from scratch or are you going to use a prefab one and just mod it as you go? Also, what light are you going to be using, a 600w? If I were ever to do a cab, I'd want a 600w, because i hear they put out twice the lumens of my 400's for only 50% more power. Of course, my cab would be like a wardrobe, 6 feet tall, maybe almost as wide, and would have separate veg and cloning sections. One can dream.... When are you going to be putting this thing together? Sounds like it's at least a weekend's worth of work. We'll need progress pics also... :rasta:

Reddy: I've been interested in vertical scrogs before. Are you going with the cylinder of wire around the vertical bulb? They say that those types of grows (cylinder around the bulb, whether it's sog or scrog) really maximize your gpw. With 10 gallons of coco, sounds like you can really fill that screen out. I've seen monster plants in 3 gallons of coco, hell, one gallon of coco...

Orion: Nice to hear from you! Was wondering what happened to you. Don't be too upset if we're not wowed by your pics. On icmag we're so used to seeing massive grows and harvests that you kind of get jaded after a while. I'm posting pics like crazy and I get nary a peep from people, although my grows aren't as impressive as yours (yet :rasta:)
1.5 elbows from a 600, 1gpw is a hell of a grow. Is that a personal best for you? That harvest must have weighed 8 pounds at chop. You have a smoke report on that white widow (is was widow, wasn't it? I also remember that you were gonna pop some ak47...). Can we get some harvest pics, some jar pics? You must have like 15 mason jars to hold all that bud... :joint:

ABITA: Sometimes it's the pollen chucking that makes surprisingly good crosses.
Speaking of that, my Thai hermied due to a light leak and my NYCD harvest is LOADED with seeds. :cuss: Like, there are more seeds now than buds. :fsu: Sucks... I didn't know those were seeds pods that were growing, although I should have guessed... still looked like buds to me, but I'm still a newb. Should have looked on icmag to make sure. Ah well, live and learn.
Even though I water cured the batch, I'm going to try a germ test with these seeds. I'm not getting my hopes up, since they look pretty white, although they're large. But if they have a decent germ rate, then I'll have some freebie Thai x NYCD seeds to pass out. Someone might be able to find a gem in one... :joint:

would like to say all you players and playettes from the midwest are keepin it bangin. The midwest originated aLOT of elite cuts. Keep it pimpin! and keep knockin it out of the park! sox/cubs world series!

L

lostinethereal

It's a old cabinet just beckoning me, here's what it looks like from the outside for perspective. It's 29" tall, 30" long, and 18" deep. It's loaded with crap so no pictures of the inside. I'm going to remote ballast a 150w vapor tight and cool tube it, I'm wondering if I can fit two in the tube, but kind of abandoned that idea. That's definitely why I'm doing it with sketchup so I can avoid costly mistakes, and save probably save some time/effort along the way.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
soon to make the rounds....

soon to make the rounds....

harvested all the purple phreak seeds today. to sum it up lightly, this girl smells like shit. i felt like i was going to puke sifting seeds, seriously. when you hit it the smell transfers straight to the taste of burning shit/garbage. shes borderline RKS, i wonder what one would smell like at 11-12 weeks. :joint:

raythat

What up doe all the midwest players just a little update on the sugarblossom they are about 5 weeks in and really starting to plump up nice they got the crib smelling like sugary cat piss gota love that molasses will do an update on the pk in a few days sorry about the pic's I will get sum close up shots soon

L

lostinethereal

Lol bird, have fun smoking that shit.

And damn raythat, that looks like a pretty full and rather tasty looking garden you have there.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
LIE: That's a nice, solid looking cab you got there. I fully expect you to grow out of that within a year, move up to a 6 foot tall cab with a 600w, and use that cab for veg/cloning. :rasta:
Then again, if you're using the Dr.Budgreengene's sog method, you might be able to pull a half o dried a week from that cab, and wouldn't need to upgrade. That would be awesome.

Cozy: Nice rubbermaid grow. What kind of light you using? That tub looks pretty filled up.

ABITA: Good to hear you got the purple phreak seeds all right. Next time wear a surgical mask so you dont pass out from the smell. :muahaha:
It's funny, now when I smell a dead skunk on the road, I think 'really good marijuana' and I actually enjoy the smell a little bit.
Is the phreak the trilobal one? I should go back and search the thread, but i'm already typing this and well... But I do remember you posting shots of it, it was dank purple bagseed at first, right? What'd you cross it with again?
If you want to find out what one will smell like at 11-12 weeks i'll be your guinea pig. I can always make room in my garden for any plant that comes close to the legendary Road Kill Skunk. :rasta:

Raythat: Damn, that looks like an alien landscape, in a good way. Peaks and valleys of dank buddage. :rasta:
Are you scrogging it at all? I'm using a screen to get a more even canopy. Your yield looks massive but some of the colas look noticeably bigger than the others. Do you think if you scrogged you would have a better yield (as if you needed it)? I'm also using a screen because I think it'll hold up the colas better as they get heavier. Your colas look pretty straight though, do you use support at all?
Really nice grow, and if I could get my setup looking half as filled in as yours I'd be happy. How many more weeks on that btw? They look close to done. :joint:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran

Pic of the closet so far. All three tubs are Flo. The bigger one is 3 weeks in the closet, so maybe only a week into flower? I hope it stretches a lot more, to fill out my screen. :rasta:
Smaller tubs are one week in the closet but they've already more than doubled the size. EC is lower than the older Flo's so I think it's growing a lot better (maybe if it's TOO dark green you're overnuting? any truth to that?). I'm going to add screens in about another week, maybe less.
A Thai stick clone should go in the closet in another couple weeks to make 4 tubs.
:joint:

raythat

Thanks reddy1 you know how we do in the D ,Bababooey thanks for the complement it really nice to hear coming from the Pro's in the game I haven't tried my hand at scrogg yet I usually top em and pinch em to try and get an even canopy and for support they are leaning on each other next go round I think I will get sum bamboo ,as for yield I think I should be at around 3.5 oz each plant .................Now for the epk update

Oscuridad

ray those Blossoms look sick, are they as dense as they look? Killer job filling in all the gaps with tops, maximized yields nodoubt. like I said I've been diggin these a long time but JW is now out at the depot.. hope there will be restocks? Otherwise will have to try out those sugarberries and do some digging.

Baba - Flo looks great.. DJ strains are bred to do really well with very minimal N ferting (and low everything else too!) and can definitely go black & lockout on you if you give them too much. imo yours look just fine though, just keep watching to see if they slow up at all on you, that will be the first sign cause they should never slow down as they grow bigger.. only grow faster.

Cozy - looks good, always wanted to try a simple E&F.

bird - I'm curious about the purple phreak since I haven't followed this thread since the beginning.. drop some shots of the girl if you've got a few around.

we are still workin on the Jock & Ice, and some of the first round of DSD cuts are nearing done too.