What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

midwest growers unite

L

lostinethereal

@Baba:This rhino is excellent, very sticky, but not moist, so in this case the stickyness is definitely indicitive of potency. My lighter certainly sticks to my fingers after breaking up a bowl. But sometimes I think the stickyness could be misleading, say if the stuff is a little moist still. Just got got a nice nug of this for my GF, well she received it as a gift a nice 7g nug (the rhino I mean)

As for the chemSG, I got these from a kind fellow here in IC, if he wishes he can say. But it's moonshine's MSG (Medicine man x G13 I think) x chemdkush, should be interesting. The MSG used was described as "hashy coffee smell and taste to her" sounds yummy, lol.

And for my girl, she got the chop today, I let my girlfriend cut her main stem, she was pretty excited since this has always been my thing. The trim wasn't much nor worth keeping so I fed it to my rabbit, he gobbled that shit down in a few seconds, I literally walk away and come back in a few seconds and it's gone. So besides the soil, I guess he can eat any of the males and stuff I need to get rid of :rasta:

@Bub:Sounds like you're going to have some really nice stuff running when you get set up. I love the indicas and that's a selection that I'm certainly a little envious of :joint:

Heady NUGs

Wow, a midwestern group! I am in the middle state as well. Just running a great cut of Sensi Star for the past 5 years. Really need to get another flavor to add to the mix.

Yea Babba, I have a CD-12 and a 20lb lp tank runs out in about two or three weeks. Think it was set to run for 8 minutes per hour in a sealed environment. A sequential timer will help conserve a bit.

MID WEST SIDE!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
OG Bub's back in the hiz-zouse!!!! You must have been busy as heck these past few days, probably still busy. I know it's a lot of work for even my 800w closet, so can't imagine what you've been going through. At some point, you must be thinking: is this still fun? That's what I was thinking when I cut myself twice on aluminum ducting (which I later took down anyway cause it was still too hot :bashhead: ).
HTC is taking on an indica project? Move over, og kush, hello HTC paki's! That's what the new craze will be, the paki's, as in "yo man, i got some of this crazy paki shit, you wanna try it?"
A lot of landrace indicas you're using? Probably a lot of vigor in those, I saw in that one NY times report Afghani farmers growing hashplants taller than a man and so filled out they looked like alien christmas trees :joint: You should call one of your upcoming crosses Christmas or White Christmas, that's how big and chunky the buds will be :canabis:

LIE: I guess you're right, the more cured a bud gets the less sticky it will be even though it will be if anything more potent.
Chemdkush x (g13xmedicine man)? That sounds like like it'll knock your socks off with one toke :petting:
Medicine man is from mr nice and that's basically the original white rhino, isn't it (or maybe it was white russian)? So that's basically 4 of the best strains in one: white rhino, g13, chemd and kush (og? bubba?). We'll see if it's much better than your two other strains...
PS Did your rabbit get high? Were there any trichs on that trim? At least we know it tastes good...

Heady Nugs: Damn, so my generator isn't broken. I really only wanted to refill propane tanks once every 4-6 months. And those sequential timers are expensive, but I might have to pony up for one, maybe one that's a climate controller even though it's even more expensive. But I hear they're worth it though...

LexDysic: I don't even know why you're cheering on Mizzou, cause we all know the Illini are going to stomp on them 54-14 tonight (I'm thinking 7 touchdowns, one missed PAT and two field goals). Don't worry, you'll still be able to win your Big 12 division...
:muahaha:

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
cripple creek please...

in case you missed the snowstorm...

JTR - Pink Lemonade Pheno (JC Dom)

JTR - Lemango Pheno (Space Queen Dom)

Last edited:

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lc00p4 said:
cripple creek please...
yeah coopa, imma be checkin for prospective parents from the CC, also the indian from TomHill.
BrotherMonk is in the process of restoring the PTK as we speak.. DeepChunk should be done soon aswell. we should have All Toms lines (that he offerd) restored in the next year or so.. Im hopin anyway.

babba, yeah man, me n brothermonk are workin had to bring back the whole HTC lineup, most of them are Indica/Indica dominant, alot of the TomHill project we are workin on are Indicas too..
This winter grow is more for observation than anything else.. I do most my breeding outdoors where I can use higher plant numbers.. but I have no problem keeping prospectives from an indoor run.
Yeah Im lookin foreward to it no doubt, and yeah, lol, some times I do ask myself if its fun anymore..lol

lost, the biggest problem is that it wont be right here in front ofma at home, so Im making ALOT of trips to get things in order, and I imagine Ill be making just as many once its up n runnin lol.. cant wait tho, itll be cool, I havent done an all indica grow for quite a bit.

peace folks, bub.

astartes

Bub ---

Can't wait for the indica project to start up! I've always wanted to cross a nice Paki or Indian mom to an O-Haze or Sativa landrace dad and go f1 hunting. I'll be glued to your thread for sure.

L

lostinethereal

@Baba: No there wasn't much trichs on the trim, so no I don't think the rabbit got high. Just the same as we wouldn't from eating raw plant matter containing THCV. But, he definitely loved the taste, I let him eat one of the plants I was doing in the 20oz bottles so as soon as I came near him with fresh marijuana he started going crazy lol.

@koopa: That Pink Lemonade pheno of JTR looks fantastic, I take it the aroma must have some citrus tones to it?

@Bub: Yeah that's too bad you're going to have to do all that running around, hopefully you're not stuck with a oversized gas guzzler. Sounds like you and the rest of the crew got some hard work ahead of ya but I'm the the community will be very appreciative, all those sound amazing.

---

Oh and, I'm not really a fan or anything but I think it was Baba that was asking something earlier in the thread, but the Huskers won their first game this season with the new coach, so maybe we'll have a good year? I don't know shit about West Michigan though, whether or not beating them means anything that is.

And here is a shot of my harvest, she probably could've gone longer, and if I would have expected that I wouldn't have cut off nutes so early (I figured 50-55 days not like 65. In retrospect such a small container and a soilless mix means I probably should have been feeding longer anyway since it's so easy to leech.

But I'm pretty impressed for bagseed germinated before I was ready for it. So all of the ones I planted with her sat in nothing but the peat puck for a week longer than they should have, under low intensity light much too far away. After finishing the cab I flipped 'em to 12/12, 3 showed balls right away the other 2 I neglected for about a week, I thought one was a male and took it out leaving this one runt with sorta mutated leaves (the first set of 3 were all wrinkled and weird looking) which also then got neglected and then long story short today she's hanging and starting to dry. I think I might have a picture of the original 5 that I kept for transplanting (from the pucks) on here, but it's on the encrypted drive and I don't feel like bothering with all that crap right now. I trimmed up alright, not great but all I have are these awkward sheers, I mistakingly grabbed them because they would be perfect for bonsai maintenance but not for manicuring buds.

Oh yes the 9 beans I had soaking in dh2o and a drop of superthrive, have pretty much all after about 20 hours broke shell and a tiny root is starting to show. I just sowed 'em in a few pucks while the glue on the damn weather stripping dries. It's been loose in a couple spots and bothering me for weeks, I wanted to wait until the cab wasn't in use by a flowering plant though. Woo hoo, it's really quite easy (growing) just it's pretty hard waiting sometimes, but just like that one girl down and I'm on to grow #2 :rasta: Ironically though, I first grew mushrooms 8 years ago when I was 14 because I wanted to try them since I'd been smoking for a couple of years and I had always had an interest, anyway after 10 years of smoking it's finally harvest time. I never expected I could grow pot in such a small space, in a cab I think I've had as long as I've been smoking.

Last edited:
L

luaith

couple pics..

seems im having a little p.h prop,along with lack of N with the BS.
will transplant all after i come back from vacation.....
im sure they will appreciate that.

and that stubby one,bottom left.is a SSH..lol..
happy LABOR day..:joint:
48611IMG_0389-med.JPG

48611IMG_0391-med.JPG

astartes

That SSH will come back no problem, Luaith! I had a fan malfunction a while bck that fried all my plants. Your SSH looks great compared to what I came home to and most still pulled through amazingly. I'm always amazed at how hearty of a plant cannabis is. Just a little TLC and patience always gets ya where ya wanna be.

astartes

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
no way should we be on second page...

no way should we be on second page...

whats up fellas? ive been ghost the past few days due to the holidays. chemSG was my little concoction, and all together in there is white rhino, g13, chem D, and kindu kush ibl. now whatever comes out of it is in his hands, but it should be good. while i was gone the rest of my g13 x burms have rooted, and soon to be joining them and the banana OG may or may not be old time moonshine, the white, and..... drumroll please.... FFA :rasta:

W

Wunderkind

midwest united! How've I missed this thread for so long?

a few of my greatest hits...

right now I've got some c99 hybrids & Warlock just starting flower. I'll update with those once there is something to see.

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
What's up, Midwest? Holidays got me busy too for a bit, but I'm glad to see a lot of posting.

ABITA: That chemSG sounds awesome. Did you ever pop a few of those yourself? I'm sure the moms were awesome.
Do G13 hybrids live up to the hype? A guy I talked to once told me that the G13 cross he grew was head and shoulders above the cali orange and some other strains he had running at the time.
I just read a FFA smoke report recently. I know it's got kush or chem or both in there, right?

LIE: Does beating Western Michigan mean anything? Well, let's just say that if they had LOST, Huskers fans would be PISSED. So no, beating WM doesn't mean much, but it's encouraging. I can't talk anyway because the Illini gave up 52 points in their loss...
:violin:
That bud, for a first bud, looks like it'll definitely get you high. Just wait, your next buds will be like twice as good. My first buds didn't even look that good, in fact I don't think it was till my third that they looked that nice (had a lot of heat issues with my first two grows).
And don't worry, something tells me you're going to make up for lost time with that cabinet... :rasta:

Luaith: Is the ph problem the dark green, curling leaf type symptom, where it looks like the leaf is shriveling in on itself but otherwise is green and healthy? Always wondered what that was... other than that though it actually looks healthy. Is it because the ph is too low or too high?
And the N deficiency I guess is the slight yellowing of the leaves, right? I've looked on icmag's sick plant guide, but tell you the truth it's pretty hard, like yellowing leaves could be a symptom of a lot of things, and then there's stuff like 'yellowing at the tips', 'yellow spotting', 'orange-yellowing', etc etc.
But I think you're right on with your diagnosis - guess since they're clones/seedlings, those containers arent big enough for veg and just need to transplant, when you have the time...

OG Bub: I've heard that Tom Hill's stuff is legendary. I wish I knew more about his process: it's like here's this guy, he's in the middle of nowhere, no one knew about him before, yet he's creating these awesome genetics to rival anything out of the Dam or BC or Cali. I think he represents the idea that, no matter where you live, if you combine patience, dedication and smarts with a love of marijuana, you can breed great buds.

Wunderkind: Nebraska is definitely smoking good bud tonight! Dense green buds with orange hairs, plus purply buds as big as a forearm. What is that strain? It should be called 'Bruised Forearm', :rasta:
You got the Warlock from Magus genetics? I heard (internet rumor so take that with a grain of salt) that a sample of Warlock was tested to have 30% THC. Think it was the Indiana state police where it was tested. Course, I also hear that depending on the settings, THC levels given out by the mass spectrometer can vary wildly. Still, if you can even achieve 2/3 of that level, that's 20% thc... i know there's more to potency than that, but 20% can't be anything to sneeze at, right?
:joint:

L

lostinethereal

@Wunderkind: Holy shit dude, making a fellow Nebraskan/midwesterner proud. Those are some dankadelic looking buds man, lol. That purple shit looks amazing. I guess that's how ya missed the thread so long, smoking stuff like that :rasta:

@Baba: Well to be fair Baba, any time the huskers lose the fans get pissed. Thanks for the compliments, I'm pretty impressed with how it looks for a first timer. I don't think I ever mentioned that two days before the chop I sampled the lowest most shaded bud, quick dry with some short zaps in the microwave. Not even going to describe the taste or any of the other pleasurable points that weren't there with a unripe and quick dried bud, but it got me high as shit. I'm so used to smoking stoning indicas, it was quite different smoking and getting high-high, as apposed to stoned-high.

dkmonk

Wow with midwest growing so much dank buds it is a shame that more insnt available commercially. Ironically most of the dank stuff i ever bought was flown in from cali thanks to the USPS.

The Banana OG is a cut i have been dying to try, well monkeys paw more but it seems that is impossible to get. I heard someone say it smells like yoohoos at some point when growing it, so pretty much just that in a nutshell made me want it (im intrigued by the simplest things in life)

Oh anyone know of a cheap digi cam that will produce okay pics, cuz i have a digi cam but it absolutley sucks, it is one of those small white square ones and after taking a picture of some nice nugs and looking at it on the camera i dont even want to post it cuz the quality is so shitty that it doesnt even come close to capturing the dankness. I had some really nice purple nepal that was awesome about a month ago and even that looked like just decent commersh, even the og kush i had looked shitty on the cam. well im done ranting

peace,

dkmonk

astartes

I'm sold on peat pucks for cloning. I was running a bubble cloner in the winter and was getting 90% success rate. It dropped down to about 10% with the damn summer heat wave.

Enter peat pucks. Gave 'em a try for the first time last week and 8 days later, roots are growing into the adjacent peat pucks and I had to pull them apart. Got 4 Casey Jones, 3 '98 Bubbas, 3 Afgooey, 3 Crystal Locomotive to root. 100% success rate, lol. I was amazed since most were already a few weeks into flower. Peat puck freak for life now!

astartes

orion6324

I use peat pellets too. Never lost a clone. Humidity dome + peat pellets and misting dome and clones with tap water. Ive had 100% succes rate