What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

midwest growers unite

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I always hear C99 get mentioned frequently in people's top five strain lists.

OG: You know it must be good if OG Bub uses it for crosses. I have a question, OG: is potency like an A to an A++++ scale with you, where at a certain level, all (really good) weed with get you f@cked up, but some weed has just a little something extra (the extra plus's), like Deep Chunk? I don't know if this makes sense, cause I'm high as I'm writing this, but it makes sense to me. :rasta:

Blaner: Those pics are insane. How do they compare to the Lemon Skunk - wait, I actually see you just popped those beans. Do you keep any mothers or do you always try new strains?

Orion: Nice looking grow there. At first I thought that screen was strangling your plants, but I can see that they're just pushing through. I bought some chicken wire like that but never ended up using it: I built my screen screen out of 1x2's and twine. Real ghetto, but they seem like they're working (if successfully holding down a plant is work).
Is that soil or hydro? Have you ever scrogged before? Is that mylar on the far side, or more plants?

Blakendn: That's exactly what my letter said! I was gonna pull it out and try to post a summary of it but you saved this lazy stoner some work. I always like the fact that you can contact them and ask for your stuff back. One of these days I'm going to walk into the customs office and demand my marijuana seeds back: "And none better be missing, bitches!"
:muahaha:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
heres the pics of the pine...

heres the pics of the pine...

theyre both only about 2 feet tall, and just reek of pine when you touch them or brush up against them. i was going to take cuts but there were too many people around... oddly, these 2 girls are in plain sight, im surprised noone else has seen them yet.

G

Guest 16149

Bababooey,
Thanks
Normally I do try to keep mothers, but at the moment I am restarting with no mothers, but I constantly am trying new varieties and replacing mothers with better ones, hope that answered your question :)

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Abita: You found this sativa outdoors? You think it's some mexi bagseed that someone just threw on the ground? If it's very sativa and you just found it outside, it's quite possible. Not that it still couldn't be dank: grown properly, and if you're lucky, that could be some oaxacan gold. I know DJ Short used the highland oaxacan gold to breed his lines, including Flo (which, if I may say so myself, is pretty damn good) :rasta:
But if it's an almost pure landrace sativa, then watch out when taking it indoors. I have the Thai Sticks going and they're pretty much unmanageable. I think next run i'm going to grow ONE plant in a tub, with a Scrog screen. If you don't scrog then at least LST heavily. And expect a LONG flowering time. The one Thai cut i'm going to keep has a 20-24 week flower time, and the buds are still airy. Expect a smoke report in a couple months... :petting:

Blaner: That sour bubble freak looks like a siamese twin! Or siamese triplets, if that's possible.
I think variety is the spice of life. Are you confidant that you'll find mothers as good as the ones you had? Have you ever had any clone only's and if so, are they head and shoulders above anything you can get from seed?

:joint:

Last edited:

orion6324

baba: No this is my attempt at scrog. Just started fresh fromseed with a new order i got in [white widow] and out of the 10 i only got 3 girls so to enhance my yeild i thought id try scrog. Its a 3x3 ebb and flow table and no thats mylar on the wall not more plants.

orion6324

WOW LOOK AT EM GO

WOW LOOK AT EM GO

They are really gettin it boys. Look at em goThis scrog thing is gonna work out i think. I have over 50 bud sites getting good light. Everything is nice and healthy.

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I added 2 ml per gallon yesterday and im gonna run it for 3 days to stop stretch and[they say] increase yield

Truly great stuff here fellas i highly recomend trying it

And here

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking really nice there Orion!

Blaner, I'm really happy for you to see you're gardening again, your shots look yummy!

On customs, yeah things are fucked. I had 2 OTM, 2SSS, 2 SOL mix all taken by the government toads awhile back. 2 envelopes, both taken. I believe they were two of three last packs of OTM from the bay. Fuckers. After that, no more overseas, if it was a small order lost that's one thing but this was a mortgage payment. I choose not to work through that again. It's great to see this thread buzzing every day, lets keep it up!

B

Blakendn

OG bub said:
Blakendn..lol I remember in 02 I got a pkg that got nailed.. came with the customs slip, lil less detailed back them... fuckers put all the empty seed bags back in n sent'em to me..lol funniest part is one of the baggies still had a seed in it.... damn right I grew it!

Peace, bub.

yeah those damn customs fuckers got me for two orders this year.

one from vancouver god bud, blue god one from sbay iss.

i wish they would have left me one seed bub.lol u got lucky bro

L

luaith

Bird...wow you found those..?thats cool..
i'd have to agree with BaBa..probaly a couple smokers cleaning some bud before partaking..tossed the seeds.
yeah man i hope you get the chance to take some cuts.could be some diggity-dank..
good luck..

Orion..looking damn good dude.how many watts you using??
i predict a fruitful harvest for you!!
since im organic ive never used any of those products.
but maybe when im older and lazier i'l switch to water,since ya dont have to mess around with all the dirt..PITA..

astartes

Blakendn said:
yeah those damn customs fuckers got me for two orders this year.

one from vancouver god bud, blue god one from sbay iss.

i wish they would have left me one seed bub.lol u got lucky bro

Yep got me for a couple of orders from the bay in the last few months as well. I'm chalking it up to coming through Chicago during increased security around the 4th of July. Seemed like there was a few months stretch where lots of folks who had packages coming through Chicago were getting them snagged...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Orion: I with I could go ebb and flow myself but my closet's only 2 feet deep. I can't get my ambient temps below 80 and my water temps below 75 - in DWC the colder the water, the better. Still, it's working for now, although I'm still trying to get the kinks out of the system.
Never tried phosphoload. Won't stopping stretch sometimes hurt your yield? I understand you don't want TOO much stretch, but don't you want a good bit of growth above the screen so you can get those foot long donkey d!cks?
I'm using the lucas formula, so GH bloom and micro for me. I hear GH floranova is basically the same thing in one bottle, plus it's partially organic. Next order of nutes (which won't be for a while) will be floranova.

Retardo, Blake: Dayam, losing hundreds of dollars worth of seeds SUCKS ASS. I only lost one order, and that was forty bucks. Maybe making one order at a time, even though you have to pay separate shipping, will ensure you don't lose them all at once? Better to lose half than lose them all.

Abita: How's that dank purple bagseed mutant doing? You should call it the Phreak (for Purple Freak). Calyxes growing out of the fan leaves: this is the first strain where you can probably smoke the fan leaves and get high!

Luaith: You're organic soil? Your stuff must taste heavenly. My last batch of Flo tasted chemmy, according to a friend, even though I flushed it a week and a half in hydro (they say you only need a week for flush in hydro). Still, it was the most potent stuff i've grown so far, so I wasn't complaining too much. I'm going to try water curing when my NYCD finishes, to flush the chemicals out good. You lose taste and smell, but supposedly it's very smooth (no trace of chlorophyll left, so it's probably like weed that's been cured a year, I'm thinking) and it's stealth: can smoke a joint next to a cop and no one can tell it's weed ur smoking. This is all hearsay, but I'm definitely going to try it out in the next month or so...

EDIT: try water-curing, not smoking a joint next to a cop, lol :rasta:

Last edited:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
funny you mention that bababooey.....

the other day some of the leaves suffered heat stress and had wilted, allowing me to see the undersides of the fans.... completely purple! i think i may have hit gold with this girl. the fans have been turning more and more purple on the tops sides and it just reeks like rot/garbage. Phreak.. hmm, that just might stick. i need to update my shots baaad, look for them in the next day.

G

Guest 16149

Hey Bababooey
I am confident I can find good mothers again, got good genetics to start with :)
I have never had a clone only strain, I find that sending or getting clones is too risky, but I have no problem spreading the seed love :)
Spice of life eh, funny you say that I just ordered some OG Kush X Blue Satellite and got some Donk, so we will see about the Spice of Life, seeds that is :)

L

luaith

organics is all i know.
wish i still had the Kushman soil mix....good stuff if done right.

cant go wrong with SOL.
hope you get your eggs Blaner....DONK...lol..:joint:
recent pic of BS 2.2...chilling....
48611IMG_0375-med.JPG

doesnt matter if there fem or dudes...i'l put them to work either way..

B

Blakendn

astartes said:
Yep got me for a couple of orders from the bay in the last few months as well. I'm chalking it up to coming through Chicago during increased security around the 4th of July. Seemed like there was a few months stretch where lots of folks who had packages coming through Chicago were getting them snagged...

yeah bro chicago customs aint no joke they dont play. i think sbay needs to make some changes before i ever order again. customs is wise to there packaging.

Bababooey yeah i feel u bro, i wish i could walk up in the office like give me my shit back. one day i might just do it. i guess i need to have bail money ready to go.lol

Retardo Motabon man that sucks to lose otm. thats a great strain.

i'm sick i lost my god bud. i went to canada one time and that is some of the best bud i have ever had in my life the taste is still lingering in my mouth from years ago. i know a lot of peeps dont like canadian strains but if u know the right folks man u can get some bomb ass canadian stuff. but dont get me wrong after seeing probably a few hundred lbs. of it through the years they do have a bunch of garbage as well. beasters we call it British around here.

looking good orion

orion6324

blake; thx man im hopin the white widow is all they say it is

luaith; Im runnin a 600 air cooled. Ive always used a 400 but with the new seeds i redid my whole room. New hydro system and uped to a 600. With the 400 i pulled 12oz one time. Blind luck i think it was only my second grow. But with the new 600 and useing a scrog[which ive never done] im thinking i can get an LB. What do you guys think? Is an LB asking to much?

Im lovin this threads action everyday. Lets keep it up

Last edited:

astartes

orion6324 said:
blake; thx man im hopin the white widow is all they say it is

luaith; Im runnin a 600 air cooled. Ive always used a 400 but with the new seeds i redid my whole room. New hydro system and uped to a 600. With the 400 i pulled 12oz one time. Blind luck i think it was only my second grow. But with the new 600 and useing a scrog[which ive never done] im thinking i can get an LB. What do you guys think? Is an LB asking to much?

Im lovin this threads action everyday. Lets keep it up

I think a pound is possible if you're using a 3x3 space or so. Take advantage of the increased penetration of the 600w if you can. They go a good 10" farther than a 400w. Scrog looks like it's filling in nicely. Great Job!

astartes

orion6324

astartes said:
I think a pound is possible if you're using a 3x3 space or so. Take advantage of the increased penetration of the 600w if you can. They go a good 10" farther than a 400w. Scrog looks like it's filling in nicely. Great Job!

astartes

Thx man. Ya im in a 3x3 flood tray and thats a 3x3 screen thier under. The stems are above the screen about 6-8 inches.I hit em with some phosphoload to stop em there and really pack on some flowers. Right or wrong thats how i did it so we'll see.

Question... Large colas form from all the smaller ones converging into one. Some of my stems coming through the screen just have that top budsite. Not several to form that big top cola. Now...my Question is....How big are those single budsite gonna get in a scrog grow like this? Surely their not gonna turn into a big cola? How big can i expect a single budsite to get with this method[scrog]?

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
a little phreak for ya

a little phreak for ya

its 3/4ths seeded so it doesnt look like much, but this girl stinks something fierce, like hot rotting garbage, or a portashitter thats been out all summer, no joke.

here you can see the purple coming thru the fans, and the heavy purple stems.

Latest posts

Latest posts