What's new

midwest growers unite

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Orion: That's cool that you've done the research and determined it's safe. But do you think that that chemical is ever used on plants meant to be smoked, like tobacco? I know it's safe to eat, but what about smoked? Or does the chemical disappear pretty quick from the plant? I think that's what I heard, it's pretty much gone by the time of harvest, and it's safe even if you ate some anyway.
If it's the shiznit for you, I'll probably pick up a bottle. I could use something like that, especially when i run the thai again... :joint:

I like that you're running all the classic strains: white widow, ak47. Stuff that has rocked many a world in their day, and I'm sure will rock yours. Tell us how it compares to other bud that you've smoked before...

You're going to run SOG in the E&F table also? Isn't E&F basically made for SOG? Never ran a sog or EF, but I guess you'd be using smaller pots, right? Try to pack as many to each square foot as possible. Really, you could maybe, just maybe squeeze 4 to a sq ft, thats 36 clones in a 3x3. And with that type of density, you'd have no choice but to trim all side growth, make one long big cola the size of a two liter (maybe not that thick). Literally they would be growing into each other, not one square inch of free space.
And you could go perpetual: 4 go in a week, 4 go out a week. I think you asked whether you'd need another table for flushing... yeah, with perpetual, and using those additives, it might be advisable to have a flushing table, but that would be a pain. I don't know, I'd try to go without flushing, just make sure my weed's well cured before i smoke it (water cure what you want to smoke right away, standard cure the rest for at least 2 months). :rasta:
But with SOG in an E&F, perpetual harvest, you could get 4 ozs a week, an ounce dry with each clone (if they're big donkey d!cks ). :nono:

ABITA: That bud looks delicious. Just covered in trichomes. Sugary. Close to ripe? It's hard to tell scale, could you put up a lighter or soda can next to the bud next time? Keep your hands out of the frame though.

Here's what I've been smoking out of lately:

It's the bushmaster cyclone bong from EDIT. $60, although shipping was another $60 (I bought a bowl too, and another bong, to make sure i get everything at once). It's good, glass on glass, hits good, get that little hurricane effect with the smoke although i dont notice a difference. The ashcatcher (I know it's dirty as hell) helps keep the hit more pure. Not as good as a roor with a precooler and diffusers (that'll be my next purchase :rasta: ) but still a pretty darn good little bong, and aren't those the best kind?
The colored pieces in the chamber are little plastic aquarium stones from the petshop; you put them around the downtube and they act as a diffusor of sorts, breaking up the smoke/air into smaller bubbles. Makes a little bit of a difference, although the big hits are still harsh (but isn't that always the case?) :rasta:

Last edited:

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Word, bird! No need for talking when they're looking like that! Woohoo, doin us proud! :headbange And what is that tasty?

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
hey RM, that one is british hempires trainwreck x actual sativa... if that made you drool get ready...

be warned, you might lose a few fingers to the frostbite

Retardo Motabon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Allright now you're just messing with me, heres my addy if you want to send that off for testing! Looking soo nice, I know ya gotta be proud of those, rightfully so! Ima try and find some wayward ruderalis today with a nice view for a nice midwest photo shoutout, WW2 sponsored ditchweed, it's a midwest roadside tradition! Have a nice cool weekend everybody! :rasta:
RM

astartes

Geeze Bird, ya gotta take a bit better care of your lady's hygiene. She looks to be suffering from a major case of dandruff over there, lol :rasta: NICE job man.

astartes

L

lostinethereal

HOLY CRAP bird, that looks astounding. I remember the pictures of BH's purple afghanis those totally rocked, nice score on some of his genetics.

Anyhow since not much is going on around here, so not much to update. However, I was 3/3 on the Pommelos and Hashberry F2s, 2/4 of the cheMSG. One bean never popped, the other of the original 3 which I thought had the taproot coming out, but it wasn't, it was like foamy-gritty shit, weird. So I prepared another the same way, the taproot was definitely out on that one and I sowed it into a 'nother puck a day or two ago, not above ground yet but hopefully.

The Pommelo's are kind of weird, for one the cotyledons were massive, way bigger than any other's I've seen. And, well just take a look:

And a shot of the cheMSG and a shot of a couple hashberry f2s:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
LIE: That's one big baby you gave birth to, :rasta:
You know what they say, big cotyledons -> big flowers... Actually, no one's ever said that to my knowledge, but it'd be nice if that were true... :rasta:

Everything's looking nice. Three different strains is a good, manageable mix. In 10 weeks i want to see some bulbous, frosty buds. How long u gonna veg them for? :joint:

ABITA: I'm a big fan of BH's/Ganja Pasha's grows. I heard he was taking a break though. Hang onto his genetics, he's done some pretty high-level stuff, and they're probably pretty rare. How's the smoke on that TW/actual sativa? Is the actual sativa his Jamaican, or something from Mexico?
'
:joint:

L

lostinethereal

I'm hoping for a female of each (well obviously, lol) and perhaps a nice looking male to do some chucking with. I mixed up my soil the other day to get it composting so I can transplant them in a day or two. I mixed up some promix, perlite, earth worm castings, "all purpose" 9-4-4 fertilizer mix of fish emulsions, bone meal and blood meal, and a little bit of garden lime.

I'll probably veg 'em for a couple of weeks. I'm going to use 20oz bottles and a couple 18oz party cups, so how ever long I can manage 'em in there before the flip. Last time I only vegged for a week and a half, I could have gone longer but having never grown before I thought I'd play it safe. I can fit like 10-12 of the 20oz bottles in there I think, but they don't lend themselves to LST very well, only topping and budsicles. I'll probably try topping a couple to take clones to gain some experience with that as well.

L

luaith

whats happening M.U.R.D.A??

couple shots of those cuts i was gifted...coming along nicely..
48611IMG_0467-med.JPG

SSH...
48611IMG_0469-med.JPG

have a great day...:joint:

Retardo Motabon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice work luaith, even the little beater SSH is making a nice comeback!
I forgot to bring the camera yesterday so no scenic shots of the midwest with our finest ww2 ditchweed in the foreground. Sorry all!

L

luaith

yeah i could use a new bong myself.that is a nice piece Baba..
the diffuser in mine snapped of when i tipped it over getting up in the middle of the night..bumped the table..and the bowl shattered.sucks...
i still use it though..

hey Retardo..the little one is shapping up nicely...took alot of abuse on its trip.
48611IMG_0481-med.JPG

heres a couple of shots of BlueSkunk pre-flowers.
1 male..
48611IMG_0471-med.JPG

1 female..
48611IMG_0479-med.JPG

and a still to be determined BS..
48611IMG_0474-med.JPG

take it easy..:joint:

astartes

That SSH looks like she's making a nice comeback luaith. How long is she supposed to go in flower? Looks pretty sativa dom so far.

astartes

L

luaith

thanks Astartes..lol..

i asked my bud today if he could give me any info on the SSH cut..
said it overgrew his area so he had to cull it..lol.
so basically it's a mystery...
should be interesting to say the lease..

BS 2.2...a little indica for ya..
48611IMG_0484-med.JPG

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
What's up, Midwest!

Luaith: The SSH, BS and BS 2.2 are looking strong and look like they have a LOT of potential. The SSH and BS 2.2 I've heard very good things about, and if they're half as good as people say they are, well...

The bushmaster cyclone I got from everyonedoesit . com (EDIT). Sometimes Gypsey Nirvana doesn't like that site being advertised, because they do sell seeds (although to be honest I think seedbay has the same or better selection and better prices too!) but I've only used them for paraphernalia. You can find excellent prices on glassware, the only problem is shipping to the states is 50 and up (minimum 50, an extra five dollars for every extra lb or something).
The bushmaster cyclone is basically a ripoff hurricane, nowhere near as durable but it hits good (although Ive never hit a real hurricane before, but it looks almost identical).
I've really been looking at gongs (glass on glass bongs) with precoolers. I've been considering taking the hit and buying a roor - ridiculously expensive bongs, but I find myself smoking out of the same piece all the time, so it may be a 'buy one bong and never buy another one again' type deal for me.

The cost of shipping takes a lot of the savings out of the deal, so you may want to buy two or three pieces at a time, like i did.

EDIT may be getting a selection of german gongs called Ehle, which are basically roors but like 20% of the price, so I may wait and see if they get ehle's...

:joint:

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
babba i also have a bushmaster cyclone. i like it. got a bunch of attachments for it.

edit was a huge dickaround tho. glad i got my stuff but it was a long and drawn out ordeal...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I've heard of people having problems with edit, like they order but then the website says that the item is backordered and you have to wait. People have waited two months before finally canceling their order.
The one time I ordered I had no problems, I made sure not to order anything out of stock, although maybe that doesn't make much of a difference... :joint:

On a different note, I ordered a Milwaukee EC tester a little while ago and this thing is the bomb. I've discovered I've been overnuting my plants like crazy. No wonder my NYCD was taking like 12 weeks to flower... :bashhead:
In retrospect, I'm an idiot for not noticing the problems earlier, but you know, half the time I'm just glad they're not dying. :rasta: And I thought, with the Lucas formula, that would prevent me from overnuting, but that wasn't the case this time. I used the Lucas formula once before, but I did res changes back then, with the rubbermaid tubs Im trying to avoid that cause that's a LOT of water I'll have to drain and fill. :puppydoge

Still, I'm glad to have learned from my mistakes. I'm keeping a daily ph and ec log now, and I expect my closet's potential to be truly fulfilled these next few months... :jump:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
looking good luaith... on a bad note, the OTM cuttings i got died off :badday: banana OGs and G13xBurmeses still going strong though. anyone up for a trainwreck trim party? :D 1 1/2 weeks and counting til kachop.

Latest posts

Latest posts