What's new

Michigan dispensaries seem fucked, lets talk about it shall we?

T

Tjsleaf_1817

Tjsleaf is a tool. Why does every post about dispensary's have to bring out the old man whiner that sees people making some cash in a quasi legal venue and they get all bent out of shape.

News flash no one wants outdoor Pinconning Paraylzer or Monkey Paw you, your daddy, and grand daddy grew in the same cornfield for the past 50 years on the 45th parallel.

Adapt or Die. You sound like someone that the dispensarys turned away when you offered it at $200 an oz and got butt hurt.

LOL. That funny all u hav to do is look at my profile and see just some of the strains of pot ive grown. Ive got so many strains I dont kno what to do with them all. N bro I already get more than 200oz, dnt need no dispensaries. N there's no need for name callin.

Cabron

Veteran
I don't have anything against dispensaries in MI
I am however aware fully of a group that is organized and very active at the
legislative level to push for amendments to our law in a manner that is absolutely
criminal to caregivers and patients who would operate and grow freely for themselves
just as this law was purposely intended .

This group is actually pushing to reform the law so that only they may grow and sell
Our plant for resale to Mi registered patients .
They are comprised of a group that owns dispensaries and are organized with an agenda.

If you think they are any different than a local Govt licensed Monsanto than you are mistaken.

These Bastards need to be identified and publicized as they are working covertly
behind the scenes to push this agenda with money consolidated to influence legislators
and special interest groups that which they are in all intents and purposes.

It's not all dispensaries that are involved in this and many are just small businesses
that are run and owned by decent people just like us.

A perfect model is a hands off approach by the state towards supply to all patients
with a doctor's rec to procure their meds from any available outlet and this includes
dispensaries ,farmer's markets, craigslist ads or any fellow patient or CG that is qualified
by the law.

Notice I didn't say registered with the LARA registry ?

I feel the registry can shove it up their ass ...with a DR rec and a qualifying condition
there isn't a need any further for the MI govt to get their fingers in your rectum or
your wallet .

The people's initiative was passed with an intent of the voters and that was to allow
patients to have worry free access to the meds of their choice without some restrictive
set of parameters .

These same parameters which are now used as rules in a game to violate you and thus
prosecute you ,all in the scheme to asset forfeiture ,fines,probationary fees and the like
which only serve to feed the beast .

Dispensaries offer a place for those that excel at their art to offer it to a market place
on a competitive platform which only benefits the patient .

A laboratory tested product that is verified and made public the content of it's individual
properties be it CBD,THC etc...
where else are the patients in need of specifics to get such a product ?? off the street
I think not !

This is why dispensaries are so important for those that are actually sick and have diseases to address and treat
not the casual smoker that is in it for a recreational high (nothing wrong there) just don't benefit from dispensaries
as much .

It's this reason that these special interest groups are using to push their agenda that they will grow strict and regulated
"Safe" herb that the patient deserves....which is of course pure and utter Bullshit !
There isn't a dangerous herb out there,just herb that may not do anything to treat a condition....

I fear most of all the closing of Labs that are now popping up across the state, as a result of this piece of shit rendering of our law on friday with McQueen.
As a breeder myself it's availability (labs) are priceless and my work can now improve exponentially with access to these labs with the cancer and MS stricken patients to
benefit .

Keep an open mind on this subject and do not get tunnel vision ...we are all in this together ,people making money is to be expected it's part of life,look at what dispensaries do
to benefit the whole community in a manner which the law was constructed for initially .

People need access to meds,and 60% of patients do not have a registered Caregiver and to be quite honest there is not and never will be
enough growers that are seasoned ,educated and seriously capable of producing quality plant material as medicine to supply the demand.

TheArchitect

Veteran
Ill hold my breath

i can tell you for sure that there is wholesale commercial bud out there already for under 200 and the only real downside is its outdoor, and/or maybe not handled perfect.

in time, with a legal market, and many more growers, i can see fairly decent bud for ~100$ an oz reail.

i can go into a wine shop and spend 2-2000$ a bottle, whats to stop that from happening in marijuana?

Cabron

Veteran
well they didnt fuk around and got this introduced asap !
It looks good to me and I see nothing but good things in it
for all patients and caregivers ...

No attack on our personal right to grow so let it rip !
I can't wait to see how bad they tear it up and reword
it ... after all this is just a big fucking game and things can't
actually make sense ....

Michigan HB 4271 Introduced To Empower Dispensary-Like Provisioning Centers
Posted by Rick Thompson at 7:26 AM on February 15, 2013 Medical Marijuana Policy Add comments

michigan hb 4271 dispensary medical marijuanaMichigan Provisioning Centers 2.0
New version of the Provisioning Centers Act introduced to empower dispensaries- in the state that just outlawed them

Last year it was House Bill 5580. This year it’s House Bill 4271. Either version of the bill introduced the Provisioning Centers Act to the Michigan House, but this 2013 version comes at a crucial time in Michigan cannabis politics.

The Provisioning Centers Act, introduced by Rep. Michael Callton, R-Nashville, empowers local communities within the state to license and regulate provisioning centers while enjoying protections from interference. The Centers described are similar to the medical marijuana dispensaries that have been seemingly ruled illegal to operate by the Michigan Supreme Court.

Over 100 dispensaries were in operation across Michigan prior to the MSC ruling in People v McQueen. That ruling authorized a civil penalty method for shuttering distribution centers as a public nuisance. Since then, medical marijuana centers from across the state have begun receiving letters demanding their operations cease and desist. Kevin Spitler and MedJoint received one in Oshtemo Township, near Kalamazoo. So did Green Oasis in Otisville, Genesee County.

The future of dispensaries, and the patients that depend on them, is clouded in uncertainty. After four years of a safe, secure facility to acquire medical cannabis from, these patients will support the black market- but it will never support them. No Mexican cartel will manufacture the topical oil distributed to patients for free at MedJoint, and no gang banger will support their local community like Blue Water Compassion Club of Port Huron has. The Provisioning Centers Act could fill that void.

The Act has received a pledge of support from fellow Republican Rep. Kevin Daley, from Lapeer County. During a fundraiser held in Dryden recently, Daley shared a stage with Callton and promised to continue the dialog on expanding patient’s rights. Ann Arbor Rep. Jeff Irwin, a Democrat, also signalled support during Thursday night’s broadcast of the Planet Green Trees Radio Show.

According to the Act, a Provisioning Center is defined as:

“Medical marihuana provisioning center” or “provisioning center” means a commercial entity located in this state that acquires, possesses, cultivates, manufactures, delivers, transfers, or transports medical marihuana and sells, supplies or dispenses medical marihuana to registered qualifying patients, directly or through the patient’s registered primary caregiver. Provisioning center includes any commercial property where medical marihuana is sold to registered qualifying patients and registered primary caregivers.”

The Provisioning Centers Act also provides rules for transporting cannabis from one location to another, controls who can be employees and establishes protections for cannabis testing companies, which are called Safety Compliance Facilities in the proposed Act.

The PCA embodies in its language some of the other existent rules for distribution centers: they must remain 1000 feet from most schools, it incorporates the excluded felony offenses rules made law by the passage of the Walsh Bills, it requires security systems and prohibits shared office space with or payments to any physician for recommendation services.

The Act also does the following:

Establishes rules for caregivers and patients to sell any excess marijuana to a Center
Identifies plants less than 12″ tall and 12″ broad as ‘seedlings’ and allows for their legal transfer
Requires baked goods or other products infused with cannabis have the item’s marijuana content clearly labelled
Establishes that only the stated weight of cannabis in those baked goods or other products can count toward a patients’s 2.5 ounce allowable weight (AW); currently, a one ounce brownie containing two grams of marijuana counts as a full one ounce when determining AW
Visiting patients from other medical marijuana states can purchase and sell seeds, but not marijuana or any related substance
Empowers municipalities with the right to regulate all aspects of Center operation, including requiring testing from a Safety Compliance Facility
Allows LARA to restrict the Center’s ability to advertise in newspapers, billboards, the Internet
The Act would forbid any on-site consumption of cannabis except for infused topical products
Limits patients to receive only 2.5 ounces from a single Center in a 10 day period
Requires Centers to keep records to verify the ten day waiting period, which are subject to municipal inspection
It establishes both protections and penalties for following or breaking the provisions contained within the Act for both persons and Centers

Additional sponsors are being sought for the Bill. Read the text of the Bill: house bill 4271

Zdub7k

the green bee just emailed me this yesterday Cabron....Hopefully its gets through in somewhat of a respectable form...so the seedlings under 12" are counted towards your numbers or they are not???

Cabron

Veteran
the green bee just emailed me this yesterday Cabron....Hopefully its gets through in somewhat of a respectable form...so the seedlings under 12" are counted towards your numbers or they are not???

ohh yeah rest assured anything with roots is a plant and in my county they will call anything a damn plant ,roots or not !

and april first you can count on all leaf material counted as weight so burn your trim that you are not using or toss it far away ....

The assholes are out to prosecute the registered patients ....
it's all a game to them ....

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Plants under 12"s won't count as long as you are an agent of a PC. In fact there will be no plant counts for agents of PC's

The question is, who will be the special people that get to open PC's?

Zdub7k

provissionary center??? well the folks in A2 and Ypsi arent going anywhere....at least not voluntarily.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
provissionary center??? well the folks in A2 and Ypsi arent going anywhere....at least not voluntarily.

Yes, Provisioning Center.

I agree that the disp's are not in any mood to give up ground.

Here's the rub though. A PC could be allowed to set up a grow as large as they want.

Why would they buy from CG's when they can grow all their own and profit more?

It would be a dumb business plan to purchase rather than grow.

Last edited:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
And this is why you will never grow as a person, and become something more than a pot farmer. Being a slave to your phone is no way to live your life. To each their own I suppose... but I would rather wholesale and let somebody else do the work of breaking down my meds, so that I can spend more time in the garden, as well as attend grad school, work a part time job, and cut out some sort of time for a social life... and not spend all of my time answering phone calls being a drug dealer. That doesn't mean I'm incapable... Being a drug dealer isn't a tough job to qualify for. I don't need to use my business degree for that. Even if the dispensaries weren't around, I would still be able to move all of my meds w/o a problem to 1 person. I choose to use the dispensary because if they get robbed, they're still going to pay me. Their checks always clear, and the cash spends the same as cash off the streets. Do the people you sell to have security systems that will capture video evidence if you get robbed, and the police are actually going to help you because you pay taxes to the city? This is still a dangerous game, and people do get robbed of their meds regularly. I'm sure your dad and grandpappy have told you about that, hopefully it's never happened to you.

Are some dispensaries paying by check? Did they tell you to expect to get 1099'd at the end of the year? Just curious if that's how some are doing it.

Zdub7k

A) Hopefully they would be lowering their prices significantly if that were the case.....and B) let those fools fill warhouses with their crap...there will be always be a market for top quality meds...

and yes there were a few dispensaries that Im aware of paying with checks and CG's getting 1099'd. They told the CG upfront about the situation tho.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Good to know. I wouldn't have a problem paying taxes as long as I knew I wouldn't be fucked with because of it. Obviously checks going into the bank looks less eye raising than dumping thousands in cash monthly.

I believe the disps would become PC's, after all they're the ones pushing this bill and then all bets are off. You are right though, always a market for fire.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whats the price now $2500lb? thats 156$ per oz. 3k per lb is 187$

You do the math the dispensary's are making $$$$$$$ even at 10$ per gram.

bobblehead

Veteran
Are some dispensaries paying by check? Did they tell you to expect to get 1099'd at the end of the year? Just curious if that's how some are doing it.

Part check part cash... I agree to it b/c I have to put at least some money in the bank and claim it... And yes, I was 1099'd this year for the checks. Any socially responsible citizen shouldn't have a problem paying some taxes , right?

E

ekomsi

What up fellas, I have 5 patients and a card myself

BT your absolutly correct The Affirmitive Defense is where our "caregivers" right truely lie I was at a medical marijuana seminar down at WSU the lawyer there talked extensivly about the affirmitive deffense laws. It allows us to posses enough for unitterupted supply to your patients. But like the ruling says you can only legally sell to 5 registered people.

I have never attempted to sell "so called overages" to a dispensary or any other retail outlet. At the same time I would love to have that option, but these places all seem sketchy too me and I have never felt safe being in one. Been to a few and im usually not impressed and never really get the idea that the place is really LEGAL.

The only way I see myself being involved with a dispensary is if the laws change for the better or I open a little retail spot that only my 5 registerd patients could come to (not worth it).

The worse part about these laws are regular people and some really really sick Michiganders are going to have to resort back to the streets for there medication, never a safe place to get your smoke/concentrates/lotions.

I hope we can keep these discusions going about everyones opinions and experiences here in MI its a great state and lets grow!

I agree 100% Bobbles wiht most of the things you have said in this thread.

What dispensaries does everyone go to any reviews? I see a bunch on weedmaps but only been to a few around 696 and 75.

I think it would be very cool to go to a legal operating dispensary and sell your product at market value get paid by cash/check and then pay taxes. Unfortunetly its not as easy as that for everyone here in MI