What's new

Michigan dispensaries seem fucked, lets talk about it shall we?

MIway

Veteran
whats the price now $2500lb? thats 156$ per oz. 3k per lb is 187$

You do the math the dispensary's are making $$$$$$$ even at 10$ per gram.

Just today... Saw them pick up a quap at 1300. I just about shit on their floor. It was a really nice og, but clearly shipped.

Thats not the norm...see them do 700 quaps too... But it really did happen. Their logic...people pay 25g all the way up, so they still make cash.

No bs...just about shit myself.

vertigo0007

I think it would be very cool to go to a legal operating dispensary and sell your product at market value get paid by cash/check and then pay taxes. Unfortunetly its not as easy as that for everyone here in MI

I forsee provisioning centers being few and far between. I also foresee them not buying overages, but producing their own.

E

ekomsi

What testing centers are people using? I wanna get some of my gear tested just for shots and giggles.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I forsee provisioning centers being few and far between. I also foresee them not buying overages, but producing their own.

I'm curious why you think that. PC's are just a new fancy name for dispensaries.

So if they allow dispensaries you think they will be few and far between? Not around my neck of the woods.

I agree with the 2nd part of your post unfortunately.

wingdings

Veteran
Hate to rain on your parade but these introduced bills are only a wishlist from those pushing for dispensaries. There will certainly be language restricting felons and plant counts for these facilities once Sen. Jones and all republicans get done with it. Be careful what you wish for, these dispensaries are in direct competition with caregivers. What does big business do with competition? They destroy them through quasi-legal means.

E

ekomsi

I don think it will pass, but I would like it too, so we the public have clarification that they are legal establishments. I don't see pc/dispensaries competing with me now or if it passes even if it did I can undercut them all day keeping my patients very happy.

I think most dispensaries all ready produce their own. Why wouldn't they? I'm also sure if they are serving 100's of people they would need to buy more from other cg's not directky involved with the pc, Just my opinion I know nothing about how these places actually run their businesses.

D's

^^ I agree, I work full time and have a family, I don't have time to be on call 5 nights a week(patients don't visit the same days lol). Demand will always be greater than supply with any type of produce...we all live on a seasonal plant. We survived by hoarding produce and new consumers are made every minute. If the new bill passes I plan on hoarding my genetics plain and simple, maybe provide hybrid seeds but retain mom and pop for sure. New business plan may be local seed dealer as allowed by state law. Affordable quality yield producing genes, could make more money than overages for mom and pop.

OldSSSCGuy

House Bill 4271 seemed to say you do not have to be a patient to work in a PC. Isn't that different from CA? Don't they require patient status to work in a dispensary?

vertigo0007

Im not aware that its even a requirement now. As far as im aware its about being a registered caregiver for most places. The belief is that the carded caregivers legally allotted weight is justifying their inventory weight.

Zdub7k

^^^ your dead on Vert....unfortunately just got back from helping a friend close their shop in Jackson today after last nights raid of KAYA...

D's

The way I read it, the bill opens the door for any business owner to add to their inventory for sales. Could be a gas station as long as it doesn't fall out of line with state (not in dr office) and local laws regarding zoning for schools and churches and local city/township regulation and taxation in the future The bummer I noticed was out of state med patients could only buy/sell seeds, no meds??? And yeah no weight limits or plant limits yet, but could be amended. All this bill does is open the door for non med patients to carry and sell. Perhaps the legislature is trying to look good after being bad. Ya know take turns good cop bad cop so we don't get mad at all of 'em. Still only the brave will try to profit until the Feds change the law as well...I know one is being sponsored right now but don't recall the # if someone else would like to add. Sorry for the run on I'm medicated for bed lol.

D's

Sry double post

Forgot to add that if your operating before this is law your ok to continue so keep on the down low if you wish to operate prior just read it and get local approval. And each county could ban transporting?? Just like dry booze counties I think?? Tricky tricky word game this one is.

Zdub7k

The way I read it, the bill opens the door for any business owner to add to their inventory for sales. Could be a gas station as long as it doesn't fall out of line with state (not in dr office) and local laws regarding zoning for schools and churches and local city/township regulation and taxation in the future The bummer I noticed was out of state med patients could only buy/sell seeds, no meds??? And yeah no weight limits or plant limits yet, but could be amended. All this bill does is open the door for non med patients to carry and sell. Perhaps the legislature is trying to look good after being bad. Ya know take turns good cop bad cop so we don't get mad at all of 'em. Still only the brave will try to profit until the Feds change the law as well...I know one is being sponsored right now but don't recall the # if someone else would like to add. Sorry for the run on I'm medicated for bed lol.

are you talking about the house bill being proposed right now?