What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mendo Purps, Purple Kush, Killer Queen & Jack Herer

G

cough_cough_eer said:
yes mtjohn, Party indeed!!!!

Don't tell RB, but I left my cuts in the car all night..Doh' :bat:

I put them in rapid roooters this morning and I think they will be fine, except the Jillybean, she don't look so good :badday:

Yep, quite a party! Check the "Tavern" thread in annaC's forum
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=43296&page=13&pp=15 for the party. This one will be legendary!

Anita, I think if you spritz the Jilly and put the dome on, she should pull through fine. Looks like she's just a bit wilted. If not, well, there's more!

nandro

Ambre said:
So, were you conscious enough when you got home to remember to flip the lights to 12/12?[/url]

Hell no!!! I totally forgot, so official 12/12 started yesterday on tha 2nd. HeHe.

You ladies are going to be so pleased with my lil lady gifts. ;) Take care, my sistas cough_cough & Ambre. :wave:

Nandro

G

Oh very pleased! We'll have lots of dank to share for the next party, too!

Now where did that 10' vape bag go? :abduct: :smoweed:

G

:respect:

um... bump

can't wait to see how those PK come out for ya..
:sasmokin:

All the best,
RO

meduser180056

Here's some pics of the PK clone that's at SR-71 and BPG sometimes in Oakland right now. The pics of KK's finished PK doesn't look like the one that's going around here. Not enough purple hues in it. I'm not sure on the exact lineage of the Oakland PK, but Scrappy was saying something about it coming from TT or something...

Edit here's what Scrappy said about it recently,
"Anyhow I'm hearing pk originally came from K at trichome tech. Anyone here that can back this up? Just trying to sort this out. it was a gift to us and tracing its pedigree has been difficult as people move, numbers change, etc. Anyhow....good stuff.

Last edited:

meduser180056

Not my plants, but I am growing the same strain. the flavor and aroma of this strain is unmistakeable. I'd love to know the origin of it.

G

So if the med club cut of pk is from tt, then wouldnt it be ultraviolet, which is the real purple kush also known as pi? geez this shit is confusing.. nice work on the purps Nandro

nandro

Steel_Canaries said:
So if the med club cut of pk is from tt, then wouldnt it be ultraviolet, which is the real purple kush also known as pi? geez this shit is confusing.. nice work on the purps Nandro

Thanks, bro.

Lemme restate this - Tha PK I have is verified from tha Las Vegas crew that won tha Kush Kup with this cut, which was apparantly straight from KK. This is NOT that TT UV or even from a club. It came from tha LV Crew.

Granted, I don't like his SC, nor his inconsistant stories. --- google "Kyle Kushman's Purple Kush" and you'll get a few old High Times snippets regarding his PK crosses [Rainbow Kush, etc.] and every now and then he'll talk about how he came about creating his own Purple Kush. Something along tha lines of a pink-haired Kush pheno from a pack of Sensi beans crossed to an NL5xHP from Sensi, as well. Than he continued inbreeding and stopped after a short while I guess, I don't really remember. But I've been following tha stories for a while, while inconsistant - he does sing a consistant tune about tha genetic makeup, which is tha least we could ask for right? Tha inconsistancies start comming when you read tha non-HT snippets [past grow reports from tha late 90s, early days of OG/CW and other ghost pages that pop up in GooGle when searching this strain].

It's a really sickening Kushy/Grapey smelling plant that purps in tha calyes to tha tips of tha leaves when fed properly. I've seen it and smoked it. It's great great weed.

Last edited:
G

Sup Nandro. Got a few questions. Does your PK stretch a lot in flower? And is it slow in veg? The reason i ask is i have a unverified purple clone from a local friend and at the moment and the leaves look like yours. And altho i seriously doubt we have the same cut, i'd like to cross reference some info with my source for the cut. Any info is appreciated

nandro

S4vvy said:
Sup Nandro. Got a few questions. Does your PK stretch a lot in flower? And is it slow in veg? The reason i ask is i have a unverified purple clone from a local friend and at the moment and the leaves look like yours. And altho i seriously doubt we have the same cut, i'd like to cross reference some info with my source for the cut. Any info is appreciated

Hardly any stretch at all, my friend. She's also putting off an incredible ammount of resin early on @ just a 13 days. She stretched about an inch maybe?? I flowered her small as she's just on trial at tha mo', but so far she looks to be a major player/keeper. I got a mom going at a friend's so a 2nd run definetely seems to be in order.

Tha leaves at first were very wide, dark green, and "Kushy". Even Jaykush could appreciate the leaf on this specimine. Once she started going into 18/6 she exhibited single leaves and tripples like SoCal PK, but she grew like this because my buddy cut tha clone from his mom that was about a week into 12/12. Verified. She was re-vegging for a week basically, hence tha look of her leaves. She's really doing some nasty stuff for pappa' so far, like I said, so we shall see on tha 2nd run. Should be promising.

Thanks for stopping by,
Nandro :sasmokin:

G

Thanks for the info man. It's gonna help me narrow down some choices. Later

G

sorry bro...i am fully aware of which cut you are referring to, guess i was just talking pk in general...sorry to get off track....

nandro

Steel_Canaries said:
sorry bro...i am fully aware of which cut you are referring to, guess i was just talking pk in general...sorry to get off track....

HaHa it's okay!! No worries?? Sometimes getting off-track keeps us sharp and up to date on these shits!!

Thanks for stoppin by again, my bro
Nandro

G

looks awesome nandro! so is the original purple kush from kk? i didnt know that...

nandro

High&Lonesome said:
looks awesome nandro! so is the original purple kush from kk? i didnt know that...

No, bro, I'm afraid not. It's merely a hybrid Kyle made a while back [~'92]. Now, I have no idea how far back PK dates in California [I believe I've read as far back as tha mid seventies] and I'm pretty sure if anything as far as back as tha '70s was around - it was a PURE Afghan/Kush that purp'd out nearly black. I've seen some old timer's pix and it's a really beautiful plant. Definetely not what Kyle created. Kyle did, however; create a VERY VERY nice Purple & Kushy Indica that ROCKS you, but only for about a week. She makes your tolerance go through tha roof. Purple Kool-Aid/Kushy/Grapey taste with tha full-on Kushy exhale. No doubt about it. I love this shit.

'Originals' are extremely hard to come by when it comes to Purples, especially famed PNW/West Coast/Cali cuts, but consider this Kyle's version of PK - similar to how Rezdog has his own SD line.

Thanks,
Nandro :sasmokin: