What's new

Megayields VERT Paradise...c'mon in!

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran

It's humorous now, but there was all kinds of fuckery going on. A student of DHF, yet his alter ego and his minions sure ripped into him. Teacher becomes main antagonist, hmmm. And how does BST fit into this? They appear to know him in real life, and appeared to be a skeptic. I love the work BST has done, and I hope he was duped as well.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK back to the grow...drying some boo, got the de-huey in their, OG Kush x UK Cheese & HinduKush x Skunk#1......

Some are being DRY trimmed, the ones on the back were WET trimmed (by me) and some are in between..lol

picture.php

I think this is the OG Kush x UK Cheese and it is STICKY AS FUCK!

picture.php

My mother-in-laws dog this is Jowski! He's a mutt but a great dog!

picture.php

And I want to thank Arminus and Anti for ALL their great help in giving me some pointers on making BHO pills for my mother in law as she struggles through this cancer treatment, thanks guys....(sniff) you really had my back their! :tiphat:

picture.php

TheArchitect

Veteran
ok, and i dont know what kinda tips you were given(though im sure all was solid), but heres a few pointers ive lived by.

ideal decarb temps are 275-300f, i like 300 personally, and all my customers report better effects also(all else being equal, ie 50mg pills were rated better decarbed at 300 as opposed to 275)

i dont time my decarb, i closely watch it, and when the bubbles noticeably slow its done.(in then start it will bubble vigorously like champagne, at the end it will bubble like flat beer.)

sending good vibes the MIL way...

edit just noticed silvers post

filling caps is easy, a syringe works great, preferably a glass syringe, the rubber seals go bad quick in normal syringes because of the oil, and im actually looking into auto pipettes.

dosage, start at 25mg per cap and go up from there, i have a hella tolerance, and i can when i have nothing to do, take 400-500mg, but thats nutso.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I went to CVS and they gave me (for free even) a child medicine syringe in milliliters, I then did a typical BHO recipe but I used some Bubble hash I had lying around, just added coconut oil, Lecithin (as a binder) mixed it in a small jelly jar, then put it in the oven at 252 degrees for exactly 27 minutes to decarb it....and PRESTO, low strength BHO oil, you then take the baby syringe, fill it up, then fill up the gel caps and put the top on them.

PRESTO BHO pills

Arminius

Veteran

Good stuff! I decarbed at a lower temp, and a full capsule puts me on my ass for 10+ hours to the point of not being able to talk. Next round I will definitely try the 300 mark.
I lost my notes from the move, so I forget the ratios, but I think it was 5-7 parts MCT oils, to one part bho, with a heavy dose being one 00 gel cap.
What ratios are you finding to be best?

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Good stuff! I decarbed at a lower temp, and a full capsule puts me on my ass for 10+ hours to the point of not being able to talk. Next round I will definitely try the 300 mark.
I lost my notes from the move, so I forget the ratios, but I think it was 5-7 parts MCT oils, to one part bho, with a heavy dose being one 00 gel cap.

The ratio on these was about 4:1 oil to hash

The decarb of 27 min @ 252 is based on this chart:

picture.php

According to the chart, 252 for 27 min is about the ideal.

Higher temps will decarb faster, but will also rapidly degrade if heated longer. 252f allows a little more wiggle room for stoney mistakes.

TheArchitect

Veteran

ok,

1 00 pill will hold ~1ml.

if i have ten grams of bho, which i estimate for ease to be ~1ml per gram, i will add that to 190ml of coconut oil to bring me to ~200ml or 200 00 caps.

this is ~50mg per cap, or 20 caps per gram of hash.

for low tolerance folks start at 25mg and move up from there.

TheArchitect

Veteran
The ratio on these was about 4:1 oil to hash

The decarb of 27 min @ 252 is based on this chart:

View Image

According to the chart, 252 for 27 min is about the ideal.

Higher temps will decarb faster, but will also rapidly degrade if heated longer. 252f allows a little more wiggle room for stoney mistakes.

far be it from me to challenge study done by folks with greater knowledge and resources than i, but all my experience points to that graph being flawed...

idk why, but on my thermometer, ive found 275-300 to be ideal.

maybe i need to get a properly rated and accurate thermometer from a science supply?

Arminius

Veteran

Thanks for sharing! My biggest complaint was them being too strong. Kind of pointless to only fill a cap 1/4 of the way.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
far be it from me to challenge study done by folks with greater knowledge and resources than i, but all my experience points to that graph being flawed...

idk why, but on my thermometer, ive found 275-300 to be ideal.

maybe i need to get a properly rated and accurate thermometer from a science supply?

275-300 for how long though?

According to the chart, 300F for about 7 minutes should do it. And by minute 8 you are losing more thc than you are creating.

TheArchitect

Veteran
275-300 for how long though?

According to the chart, 300F for about 7 minutes should do it. And by minute 8 you are losing more thc than you are creating.

hmmm, it depends on concentration as far as ive noticed.

seems to me that it takes about 20 minutes or so.

i go by visuals, as decarboxylation is a visible process in liquid, you can see the bubbles being evolved in the oil as it sits on the hot plate at temp. as soon as i notice a steep drop in bubble production i pull it off heat.

i dont have empirical data, just a few dozen subjective, anecdotal reports, but every single person has said the pills decarbed at higher temp gauged by visuals was better and they didnt know which was which...

EDIT

i want to clarify that i decarboxylate the hash oil after its dissolved into the coconut oil, not before.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
More pics of the dried HinduKush x Skunk#1 very sweet smelling!

picture.php

picture.php

Macro mmmm so good....

picture.php

Frosty bitches....

picture.php

picture.php

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Random thoughts;

Been kinda burned out on the verticle drama lately, lost some respect for some peeps or in reality I can NOW talk about the respect I lost, but I'll keep it to that statement. No one person knows everything we all have something to contribute and you'll never find a more independent group of people than vertical growers.

Anyway been thinking about the upcoming project, we hope we get a large greenhouse ( or location with multiple greenhouses) and we have been discussing the "various" rotations of crops for maximun production capability but talk now is boring.....I NEED to get to work and we have to wait, something I am not good at.

I am looking and trying to find more information on Avanish's "Flo" line of strains he is running to add to our lineup, I am hearing very good things about it, trying to add about 2-3 more strains to pick a winner that "we" monocrop for large scale production, then we will have a small area for our own "private reserve" connoisseur small production for personal head stash and friends.

I also want to try my hand at some informal breeding also, I don't pretend to know 1/10th what Bobblehead or Arminus, Anti or TheArchitect knows about ANYTHING, (I have given up on the Float Valve thread..it hurts my brain to try and read that SRGB guy's postings bleah) BUT what I have discovered is I am a "active learner" I have to DO THE WORK to UNDERSTAND THE PRINCIPLE.....reading just doesn't get me the knowledge (i.e. until Anti "showed" me how to make BHO oil and pills I had a very foggy idea how to pull it off, once i was shown BOOM instantly I have it and I won't forget it), that's why a lot of times I just don't participate in very technical discussion I feel "less than" since I cannot build the manifold or watering system in my mind, I HAVE to build it with my hands to get it into my brain.

Anyway I am bored outta my mind, we are still a day way from trimming the bulk of the last harvest (still curing, we like to cure for at least a week before dry trimming and equilize the buds left on the stem in platic bags until their perfect, improves flavor and smoke and taste IMHO) and have nothing better to talk about.

I am hoping in the next 2-3 weeks I will be so busy I will be too tired to post, and all these little petty discussions will be a waste of time as we will literally be too busy to even care about them (I really didn't care that much about the latest drama when it was happening anyway)......I find it amusing more than anything.

We will be reloading the room with about 90% HinduKush x Sknk#1's as we feel they produced the best for the finished product in yield and potentcy, the OG Kush x UK Cheese although extremely resiny and sticky as all fuck, we are dropping from the rotation, not enough yield..ok back to ...uhh slinging wax to beans...........

I'll probably get flamed for this post but I try and keep it real as much as I can, I've never lied, when I failed, you guys knew about it (and I have FAILED A LOT)....when I had success I shared that also! I've been scared, fearful, angry and joyful...this is just another day ......almost EVERYONE on this thread knows WAY more than I do about growing good herb.....I just move forward and try to not hurt those near me and help others if I can.

Last edited:

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My ghetto vacuum purger...

My ghetto vacuum purger...

ok I am looking for critic's, do you think this will work?

Jelly Jar (8oz) hooked up to my vacuum sealer accessory pump (rumor it pulls about 28 to 30 psi of pressure no way to test it though).....I've run some BHO juice on my 100 gram destroyer exctrator tube....and the following picture show you how I heat it up to about 140f and then vacuum purge it...is this better than nothing or am I wasting my time???

Just starting to heat up the water bath (glass is sitting on a jelly jar lid OFF the heating element btw..thats for you Anti!)

picture.php

Ok here is it all hooked up and all vacuum purging;

picture.php

Candy thermometer watching temps

picture.php

And this is what I am left with...should I vacuum purge it again, like re-heat, purge, cool (rinse and repeat??)

picture.php

All comments are welcome..but be gentle..I am very sensitive :tiphat:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts