What's new

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Don't sweat the screw up with the nutrients.

A few of my plants showed signs of over fertilization early in veg, and that was from just straight soil and water. I haven't fed them liquid nutrients until this week.

I'd say they are slightly nutrient sensitive, just go light on the nutes or use none at all till they have a good root system underneath them

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
Ya I only called it autoflowering because one is showing multiple hairs on it. Never had a strain do that unless I vegged it for a Long time then I would see the preflowers not on plants so young and barely any height to them. .

This can and does happen at higher nute levels.
:tiphat:
TR

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
WEEKLY PHOTO UPDATE

Weekly review:
Not much to say, larger plants have been bent over to encourage branching. All plants received veg tea for the first time this week. Most of the older plants have shown sex and have been sorted. There looks to be 2 distinct pheno's, 1 more sativa looking, 1 more indica looking.

Group shot:
In the rear is group 1 (oldest) Middle Group 2, and front Group 3.

Click to enlarge

Sorted by Sex:

Females
As you can see one looks more sativa, the other 2 indica. All very stinky. Female #1 is strating to branch out, clones will be taken as soon as possible then it will be put in to flower. Female # 1 (sativa) is the most stinky so far.

Males
The oldest male plant, is the more sativa looking male, this male packs a powerhouse stink. The other male, a bit younger leans more towards the indica side.

Unknown sex
From group 3, got transplanted this week. The slowest grower of the group.

Group 4

These 2 were long over due for a transplant. I was tight on space in veg and had no where to put larger pots. Space has been cleared and they were transplanted today. I normally don't put plants this small into 6" pots but these had a good size root mass for such small plants. They should take off now, and green back up again, they were looking a bit yellow but not as bad as this pic makes them look.

Mikenite69

Veteran
Looking great hiding nice update and pics I'll post my update so you can stop by and check mine out also just waiting for them to recover from topping so I can tie mine over and I'll post update pics this week. I hate this part of the grow for sure because it's always the most boring and always seems to take forever for seedlings to get to the point when you actually start getting excited about them. Well looking awesome you are definitely doing them justice.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
For sure man, get some pics posted up :)

I'd like to see how others compare in veg mode, I know mine are a little further along then most of testers because I started right when I got them.

Veg is boring as hell. Im hoping at least my first female is ready to flower next week. I am really excited to flower this strain out. Im hoping to find that nostalgic roadkill skunk smell and taste.

Mikenite69

Veteran
You are right hiding I'll get my pics posted up today for sure so u can come over and visit and look at the difference also IMO I have been vegging mine under l.e.d lights but damn I looked at some today and they have the fatest indica leaves for such small plants. I am noticing two distinct phenos in my case one that is lighter green and one that is dark green the lighter green has a different leaf pattern than the darker pheno both look spectacular but I'll get some pics up today and some smells also plus I have to rearrange some things because everything is getting crowded. Well hopefully med-man will come in to answer your question about the stretch factor for flower because I don't wanna over veg mine either. Peace mike

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
is real killer skunk same as road kill skunk?

Do you mean DNA's Really Killer Skunk?

If so god I hope not. I grew it a few years ago. DNA's really killer skunk was anything but, it was decent smoke but smelled like vanilla, it shouldn't even have had skunk in the name.

Between me and my friend we have grown a few different skunks from DNA, and The Flying Dutchman, these MedMan skunks are the first time I have grown a skunk and it actually stunk really bad.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Totally. These reek. The name is not a sales pitch. Its a desxription :)

medman

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was raised on raodkill in canada. Where skunk animals dominate the landscape. I know what it should smell like :)

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
**PHOTO UPDATE**

Weekly review:
Ok so it has been a few weeks and a lot has happened. Group 4 has been returned to good health and sexed. Clones have been taken of female 1&2, RKS Female 1 has been rooted.

2 main pheno's showing 1 sativa, 1 indica.

6 out of 8 are displaying more indica traits, 2 out of 8 more sativa features.

Sativa pheno's most stinky.

7 out of 8 have been sexed, 4 males, 3 females, 1 unknown.

Male #3 has started to auto flower, one of the youngest males, the other 3 males are just showing preflowers.

Male #3 has been discarded.

RKS FEMALE #1 has been put into flower after 59 days of veg.

RKS FEMALE #2 will be flipped soon, just waiting for cuts to root.

Group:

Females:

Males

Unknown:

Auto flowering male:

CONTINUED ON NEXT PAGE....

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
59 days of veg? hmmmm

i have some that are like 2 feet tall at about 3-4 weeks?

trippy

med-man

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
59 days of veg? hmmmm

i have some that are like 2 feet tall at about 3-4 weeks?

trippy

med-man

I think it's because they are on 24h light, under t5. It makes plants grow really slow, but thick with very tight internodes.

That one is taller than it looks too but it's been bent over on its side.

Odd thing is, they get fed every week, it has taken forever to get branches long enough to clone. Rooting was quick.

pappy masonjar

Veteran
I think it's because they are on 24h light, under t5. It makes plants grow really slow, but thick with very tight internodes.

That one is taller than it looks too but it's been bent over on its side.

Odd thing is, they get fed every week, it has taken forever to get branches long enough to clone. Rooting was quick.

I was just about to ask what kind of light your using. IVE NEVER seen nodes stack that close. :tiphat: Thats pretty crazy. It looks super healthy, but i've definently never seen a plant that short at two months. Most of mine strains are that tall in 2-3 weeks under a 400 watt eye blue MH. But the nodes aren't nearly as tight. If you squeezed a bunch of plants into flower like that, your yields would be sick.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I don't have any pics of past grows anymore but with a decent yielding plant done in that fashion I have pulled 3oz+ from plants that look like that.

I've been flowering in 5 gal buckets and I dont think the over all yield is as good when I do a bunch of small plants like that in 3 gals crammed under 1k. I think in some cases big plants are a waste because their is too much stem.

I had a few other strains in veg at the same time, started after the RKS's and they all were put into flower weeks ago, they were all much bigger given the same everything.

I used to use MH, or HPS for veg, veg was much faster but plants didn't grow like this. With 6500k t5 there is maybe is 1/4 to 1/2 an inch between nodes.

I don't care about veg time, since I run perpetual, as long as plants are healthy and they have healthy roots I just let them do their thing.

I just put a Bubba Kush into flower that was veg'd for a year lol. It was topped about 100 times at almost every bud site, you should see this freak.