What's new

Mazzar-I-Shariff and Lebanese

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
ah ok so it was taken out of flowering 12/12 before it had a chance to produce pollen? but why did you do that? i mean what other point is there for growing the male but for the pollen? cheers buddy

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I was trying to do some crosses...but ALL my landraces were males...so i end up with no females to cross with.
In the meanwhile i wouldnt want any males around my other girls in full flowering so the all got thrown out of the indoors room.
The breeding was just a side project, i´ve not even yet tried the weed ;)

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
ahh i get you now, that's fair enough sucks that they were all male though! i'm growing up a few different strains at the moment with the mandala safari mix and power kush all mixed so fingers crossed i get at least 1 of each sex for all plants as i want to breed them.

P

ptg

That's strange...i have seen male flowers with sterile pollen but never seen one with no pollen.
He is in greenhouse,that's it?What conditions exactly?Just trying to understand...

paulo73

Veteran
Yes, they are in a small greenhouse that i keep with the doors open at all times.
I think it was the stress of changing from 12hrs under 600W HPS to 15hrs of weak sunlight and plenty of rain.
As i said i think they will start to reveg as soon as the balls fall ;)

P

ptg

I may be wrong,but i believe boys are harder to reveg.I think they die as soon as every flower have shaded pollen.IMHO the best way to reveg him is to pick up every flowers(not the top one's) letting only the leaves,then repot him in plenty of fresh soil rich in N and giving him strong light from 18 to 24H.

Photoperiod stress just lead to hermaphroditism IMHO(i "stresstest" my boyz with inversed photoperiod :)) ,very high humidity should be a more probable cause.Yet no pollen at all is really weird.

If you really want his pollen without you break your head,simply try to get him in a dryer environement.then If nothing come out of his pod,i think he is good for the trash box...

P

ptg

No thanks at all,bro!;)

I'm not really sure of the reveg part,but a dryer enviro should work.Try to let him dry behind a sunny window at home if he is in a container.

You can also try to pick the balls(individually) just before they open themselves,then let them in a plastic sheet like a half kinder egg for one-two days in a dry,dark and cool place.Sift it (a fine window curtain is good if you have no sieve) and get the pollen in a aspirin tube(good against condensation) for long conservation,one year in my fridge and still it is viable(yet decreased).Surely longer if frozen.:2cents:

paulo73

Veteran
Thank you guys

Thank you guys

Thank you guys for all the tips and kind words:thank you:
All the care and good vibes, and a patch of hot and dry weather:dance013:made the pollen appear:jump:
I´ve collected the first batch and by now is drying inside a brown paperbag in a dark&Dry place:blowbubbles:

Can you see the golden dust?!:artist:
picture.php

Sorry for the fuzzyness:comfort:
picture.php

Brown paperbag
picture.php

Flowers drying before sieving
picture.php

After the harvest
picture.php

Peace and Light:ying:

Last edited:

hugh420

just a question but how did you get the plants to flower outside? 12/12 isnt for another few months atleast.I only have one lebanese red left and it looking good i might post up a picture later if im not too busy. i also have about 15 or so mazars but some are dying due to neglect (not enough room so i had to make a makeshift vegging cab) and all will be going outside soon.

bun1

Just read through your diary, looks like you had some bad luck there.

I grew out some Lebanese , germed 4, 3 survived and one was male, leaving me with 2 females, kept the male for pollen collection.

I also had 8 Mazars 6 never germed and 2 made it but 1 was male and 1 went hermie. Then I decided to germ the Malana's I got from them. All four germed no problems but only got one female. I harvested the males for pollen and kept the female, and pollinated a few buds with the Lebanese pollen. They are growing now and should show sex in a few days.

Will you be growing more of the Lebs or Mazars ?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jayd

i love mazar i shariff black hash.
mazar x leb sounds like a good cross

paulo73

Veteran
HI there Bun1

HI there Bun1

Just read through your diary, looks like you had some bad luck there.

I grew out some Lebanese , germed 4, 3 survived and one was male, leaving me with 2 females, kept the male for pollen collection.

I also had 8 Mazars 6 never germed and 2 made it but 1 was male and 1 went hermie. Then I decided to germ the Malana's I got from them. All four germed no problems but only got one female. I harvested the males for pollen and kept the female, and pollinated a few buds with the Lebanese pollen. They are growing now and should show sex in a few days.

Will you be growing more of the Lebs or Mazars ?

You are right. i´m not on a Lucky strike but bad luck can´t last forever:dance013:
I got some MalanaCream and Parvatis girlz growing in the portuguese outdoor by now they all are above the 2mts and flowering nicelly.
And if things go acording to plan, rarely they do:), i will grow some more lebs and mazs during next year:ying:
I´m very glad to know that you are growing those beauties, i wish you all the best:ying:Let them ALL be girls:jump:
Peace and Light bro

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The most popular cannabis strain in Afghanistan is the Mazari variety (58%). :)

paulo73

Veteran
End of a landrace generation

End of a landrace generation

Hi there guys!
Just come here to put this project to a halt.
After my portuguese landraces were lost i´ve come back to England to find my lebanese RSC male almost ready to chuck some pollen out.
Saddly i dont have any need for it by now and i dont want to take any risks by pollinating my only 2surving girls.
So the guy just went down.
It was such a pleasure that i intend to get back to landraces asap:dance013:
Here´s a couple of pics from the last 2010 lebanese

Just before the killing
picture.php

Leb balls
picture.php

Ready to compost
picture.php

If anyone got landrace seeds to spare please drop me a line:ying:
Peace&Light to us all

the END

Cool Man, I have a pack of LEb that ill be excited to have seed run with! can't hardly wait!