What's new

Mazzar-I-Shariff and Lebanese

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Hi there ulven.
To my knowledge landraces and f1s are not the same thing.
Landraces tend to express many different traits so if you are willing to go through the selection process you might find very potent plants. If stronger than hybrids that all depends on the hybrids and landrace. Generalizations with our herbs tend not to work.
Just my opinion of course, take care mate.

inquest

Good stuff, Paulo! I love my Lebs and dream of acquiring MIS. Some day.....

Ulven, Landraces would be more like a F2, F3, or poly-hybrid offering, imo. They can be great for finding special traits but you'll need to grow quite a few to get an idea of what is in there. Then you'll need to lock down desirable traits into different lines of the same "variety". Then cross those lines, attempting to combine those traits into one line. Well, if you're looking for a more stable, cost/space/time effective batch of seeds, that is!

U

ulven

Thanks for the answer paulo73 and inquest

Thanks for the answer paulo73 and inquest

Really cleared things up for me:)

homebrew420

Paulo hey great thread, what i read of it.. long one. Good info was wondering your average flowering time on these girls? Noticed at one point I think you made mention that farmers in the area choose long flowering individuals. How long?
I was recently gifted about 20 of these seeds collected from 3 farmers in the MIS valley. There were 3 different "types" of seeds in the lot. I have sprouted 8 for 8, and labeled the seeds according to appearance. I WILL be making open f2s with multiple males and females. Will also be dusting some PCK from Cannabiogen, 3 purple phenos differing in color greatly.

Cant wait.
Peace

paulo73

Veteran
Hi there mate. The flowering of my Katia can go well into week 10 or 11 but this is by no means a average flowering time on this strain. My guess is that on those 20 seeds you´ll find finishing times ranging from 9 to 15weeks but this is just an uneducated guess.
I find your project most interesting, if possible share a few pictures with us guys.
Best of luck to you.

paulo73

Veteran
Couple of pics from Katia entering the 3rd week of flowering
picture.php

picture.php

paulo73

Veteran
Couple of pics from my Katia&PCK#2 pot
Both of them
picture.php

Now just Katia
picture.php

paulo73

Veteran
Another Katia, this one having a nice 15lts of soil just for her
picture.php

She´s now getting the usual resin and fruit salad smell, one of my favs
picture.php

picture.php

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
High' Coccinelle man :)

Hope everythings well buddy cheers'
Here is a sipecimen surprise sex family of your salad fruit lady love Katia :D
picture.php

+++

L

LuckyPunch

hi paulo73 really nice grow k+

@paulo and roms
would you advise to grow the mazar i shariff directly 12-12?

paulo73

Veteran
Sorry for the late reply.
No i wouldn´t go 12/12 with the Mazzars. In my experience they prefer a good month of veg and at least two topping sessions.
Mine is quite sensitive to budrot so i don´t risk bat size colas. I prefer at least four smaller colas to increase air circulation and prevent too dense buds.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Thank you all, I just read this thread. I will be running some Lebanese in my greenhouse and one Mazar I Sharif outside in the spring. I'm a big fan of Landrace genetics. I have Lebanese from RSC and Ace. I will be running the Ace seeds Lebanese this summer. I had two females last summer and they both were stunning. I kept one Male and let him cover an Auto Malawi x Northern Lights. I will run 3 or 4 of the f1's this season.

I will also be running two Auto strains, 5 of each. Auto Malawi x Northern Lights f4's and testing 5 different mothers of the new Ace seeds Auto Zamaldelica. If I get a Male Highland Nepalese. I will cross one of the Auto Zamaldelica's and have some nice f1's to work with.
Peace Happy new year's!