What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Master Nevil..Cannabis Castle article.......

phrank

back in 1995...

back in 1995...

I visited Cannabis Castle with a small group the day Jack Herer was announced in honor of the man himself. Definitely a memorable experience. :muahaha:

phrank

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thetokemaster said:
Holy Crap.....I'm getting old. It is not much after this time, about 1989, that my friends and I pitched in on skunk X basic 5 seeds from the seed bank, thinking they would never ever show up. Well, they showed up about 3 weeks later and the rest is history !!!!!!!!!!!

do you still have any genetics?

i wish my dad would have bought some seeds back then....i was still in school back in 89

D

Dalaihempy

englishrick said:
you are right....i dont mean it to sound bad

he is a breeder.....but it sounds like his focus was on using people to find plants to work with...

like the artical says....."il get genetics any way i can"....or somethin like that......as he puffs on a spliff of SK1....and he somehow left sam on bad terms..

i dont know ....maybe its just me, but...it just sounds like Nevil did what arjan is doing now...im not into mass production or cornering markets.....i just wish it would calm down....both arjan and nevil are good in there own way....

i hope Nevil comes back,one day......we lost a star....for sure

Hiya englishrick well with out good genetics you may as well produce seed for bird feed mate.

Nevile did a lot and yes he collected lots of things but he also breed and grew .

I new many years ago that to grow good cannabis you needed seeds from good cannabis and yet others around me thort to grow good cannabis you just needed to grow seed out as good as you could to gain a good harvest and product od some still think this 30 years later.

Sam and Nev did work togeather at one point then parted ways even sam stated that and wat coused it is between sam and nev both are desrving of peoples respect love them or hate them they are still poiners.

And no way can you put arjan in the same legue as nevile why well nevile collected breed and sold seed nevile from what i rember was the first to open a seed bank in the nl nevile dont cear for the public lite or cears to much for fame.

Nevile is and was a trail blazer and poiner wat has arjan done that puts him in that legue not a single thing what arjan is in short is a marketing king not a cannabis king you want to find a grower at ghs now days look at franco arjan no.

trueblu8

G.O. Joe said:
Schoenmakers, Nevil Martin.

I remember this because I just started buying HT at 20 in '89; and just 3 days after getting a PO box and sending my dollar to Holland for the catalog the DEA did their thing. HT covered this and Nevil at the time, IIRC his problems came from seeds sent to Louisiana (DEA's choice of course), a bad District (and Appellate) Court for pot for sure. Month-by-month HT covered his arrest in Australia, his looming extradition, and his winning bail and skipping out on it; but I stopped buying HT after it became a hip-hop fan mag and threw the old ones away.:(
Thanks for the name correction. It produced a little more information.

W

weedpureweed

Great article, I have the video of the sensi jack herer launch party on vhs.... shot at the castle its hilarious really with everyone in period costume and platters of jh buds.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Capt. Crip said:
You guys should dig around as I have posted 10 or 15 articles from various mags on breeding and old-school genetics...They are all in here somewhere...LOL...All should be in the breeders forum if I remember correctly.................................CC

Glad you all enjoyed!!

Thanks for posting that, sadly I am old enough to remember this when it came out.... I seem to remember pictures of a really pretty Hunting lodge near the Dutch-German border and the story that it all hapened there....wether true or not....

hyposomniac said:
Anyone else calling the 20 year old phone sex lines?? :jerkit:

Personally, I am waiting for my 10" penis to arrive before spending anything more ..... Special Customised Heavy Duty model of course, at just $9.95 that is less than a Dollar an Inch !

Hands up [if you are not too busy on the phone..] who skimped and settled for the $6.95 std model ?

NL5/SK1

My first purchase was in 1987 from the seedbank. Mexican/Pakistan and NL5/Sk1. The Mexican was very good. The NL5/SK1 was fantastic. I gave friends the NL5/SK1 and they would give it back, saying it was too strong and take the Mexican.

I've been dying to try Sensi's Shiva Skunk to see how closely this resembles the original. My friends still talk about that years results. Big buds,rock hard. Almost a yellow resin. The buds would break glass if thrown at a window.

H

Hazeseeker

Thanks for the upload Capt :yes: ,
Neville = true legend!,
it's an honour to grow his genetics, can't get much better than the REAL SSH from Mr Nice :rasta: :joint:

trueblu8

weedpureweed said:
Great article, I have the video of the sensi jack herer launch party on vhs.... shot at the castle its hilarious really with everyone in period costume and platters of jh buds.
You ever think about transfering that over to dvd?

NL5/SK1 said:
My first purchase was in 1987 from the seedbank. Mexican/Pakistan and NL5/Sk1. The Mexican was very good. The NL5/SK1 was fantastic. I gave friends the NL5/SK1 and they would give it back, saying it was too strong and take the Mexican.

I've been dying to try Sensi's Shiva Skunk to see how closely this resembles the original. My friends still talk about that years results. Big buds,rock hard. Almost a yellow resin. The buds would break glass if thrown at a window.
God damn!

Last edited:

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
I grew Shiva Skunk 5-6 years ago (again). Imo it hasn't change much from back then. The Hashplant hasn't changed much either. These genetics were a -god sent- 20 somthin years ago, esp in the mid west! Most of you folks don't know how easy/good ya got nowa days! lol Thanks to Nevil for gettin the ball rollin tho! Take care... BC

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
First time I've ever seen Sensimilla Tips mentioned, were great mags! :yes:
I'm going to hit some used mag shops around PDX & have a look for some old copies.

:tiphat:

Still have my copy too. I consider '86-'89 the golden age of growing, and those High Times from that era, along w/ Sensimilla Tips, are golden. I'd never get rid of them.
Operation Green Merchant sure torpedoed that era.
Thx Cap! :D:yes:

Burt

Veteran
"I'm not holding anything back"
anyone else catch this? who is he taking a stab at?

Ribsauce

wow what a great read...almost inspiring if ya ask me...who's gonna step their game up and become the next neville???

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I bet that Dutchgrown is one of the very few with genetics given in hand by the man himself :)

real ting

I bet that Dutchgrown is one of the very few with genetics given in hand by the man himself :)

Well, Shantibaba ended up with Nevilles breeding stock and parent plants at MNS, not one pack of seeds. And you gotta think Neville was selling tens of thousands of seeds back in the day, probably a whole lot of different seed banks work is based off his genetics. Look at Soma.

D

Dalaihempy

Well, Shantibaba ended up with Nevilles breeding stock and parent plants at MNS, not one pack of seeds. And you gotta think Neville was selling tens of thousands of seeds back in the day, probably a whole lot of different seed banks work is based off his genetics. Look at Soma.

Hi all well the EQxHZ is i believe Nevilles work so his doing his thing still i think many people got seeds from Neville one way or another and still do threw the Mr nice seed co.

A friend got seeds from Neville in the 80s he told my friend which to pick that were available and came back and sheared them with me i also got as did others Neville's haze made by Neville and a few more gems.

I my self cant wight until he the man called Neville writes a book on all his exploits and travels and in short the history of the birth of the modern cannabis community and to put his side of events out think a few shoke waves will pass threw the community when he does..

1and1

Me too man, Everybody loved that one. I've still got some seeds I made back then of a local cut crossed to a male from that NL5/SK1 pack.