What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Master Kush bag seed from dispensery.

singlecoiled

It's funny but in veg my Northern Lights are putting off burnt rubber smell

Citrus and Pine, smells so good you want to roll around in it....Hardly any odor until week 6 flower.

AMAZING after 3 month cure. My favorite strain by far...One hit Im good, two hits Im too high.

Grown with love by me---gonna go smoke some now

Week 12.JPG

_DSC4270.JPG

Old Uncle Ben

Just a quick list of exactly what I have and am using....

1. Foliage Pro. (FoPro, I like it).... I will be using primarily this.

But I do add a little bit of.. (to stay close to what my DynaGrow feed chart shows.)

2. Bloom ( as I say, not sure how I'll proceed with this, I'll let my plant guide me)
3. MagPro (love this stuff, my plants odor goes way up immediately after using it) Used VERY lightly.
4. Protekt. (more of a PH down instead of using PH down)..
5. Recharge. (I have my doubts, but it was only $3) I boil and bake my soil to 180 degrees, I guess it cant hurt to get life back into the soil.
6. Great White- Used to transplant, sprinkled on the roots.)
7. Calmag. (used very lightly as needed)
8. Fresh Rabbit poop, I have a pet rabbit. Mixed well into the soil. (Fox Farm Coco Loco)
9. RO water.
10. EC meter to check feed and runoff. PH drops to check PH. I'm feeding around 6.0 as my runoff is around 7.5

There's your problem - too much TLC. IOW, you're overthinking this and pushing them with stuff they probably don't need. For example, I revegged a Cannacopia Lapis Mtn. indica using Osmocote Indoor-Outdoor 5-6 month, 15-9-12, the whole time, which was about a span of 6 months. I collect rain water so that's what I use most times. I think of cannabis as just another foliar plant. ALL foliar plants flower. N is there primary macro in nature, in general.

You'll just have to back off, and use what the experts at DG have designed for some of the biggest commercial ops out there.

Here's a Sensi Hindu Kush male I killed last Jan. 19. Got nothing more than Osmocote. Foliage was green, healthy, spotless. LED ViparSpectra 5500.

Sensi Kush Jan 19#2.jpg

Thanks for the kinds words, appreciate ya.

Good luck,
Uncle Ben

Old Uncle Ben

One interesting thing about topping to the second node vs 3rd node, the first set of leaves coming off the new topped branches is 3 leafed. So, I chopped those off too (yes more defoliation). The second node coming off the new branches is 5 leafed. I'll use these nodes/branches to flower.

3 leafs per leafset is just what very young plants do before they show off the usual 5-9 leaves with some maturity.

Cut above the 2 true node and you should end up with 4 main colas, which you probably saw with that ditty I did years ago.

Old Uncle Ben

It seems to me that mother nature doesnt change the feed at flower and they do quite well naturally..

Bingo!

I "advise" in a few fruit and regular gardening forums and it never fails, folks try to plant something that 1. is not indigenous to their area, and 2. they don't or can't replicate those conditions, the environment they come from. They just love their choice and will try anything to make it happen.

Example, you don't plant acid loving blueberries in the limestone soils we have around my area. You can't plant avocados in Kansas City, etc. etc.

singlecoiled

There's your problem - too much TLC. IOW, you're overthinking this and pushing them with stuff they probably don't need. For example, I revegged a Cannacopia Lapis Mtn. indica using Osmocote Indoor-Outdoor 5-6 month, 15-9-12, the whole time, which was about a span of 6 months. I collect rain water so that's what I use most times. I think of cannabis as just another foliar plant. ALL foliar plants flower. N is there primary macro in nature, in general.

You'll just have to back off, and use what the experts at DG have designed for some of the biggest commercial ops out there.

Here's a Sensi Hindu Kush male I killed last Jan. 19. Got nothing more than Osmocote. Foliage was green, healthy, spotless. LED ViparSpectra 5500.

View attachment 18909554

Thanks for the kinds words, appreciate ya.

Good luck,
Uncle Ben

Thanks, I was really hoping to have you on to watch this grow but she turned out to be a he. Chopped him up this morning. I'll let you know when I have another plant growing with mainly Foliage Pro...

Your plant looks about as healthy as a plant can get, nice. I'll have to read up on Osmocote, never heard of it. So I guess your off the foliage pro?

Now, I swear I have root aphids.... I found a fly in one of my traps and its not looking good. Yep, maybe I am giving a little too much TLC and now I'm a grower/hypochondriac. I think I have every disease and pest there is...

Root aphids might explain why my plants yellow mid flower. This is my main obstacle at the moment, figuring out the last few weeks of flower....

Week 5 flower (my second grow, my latest arent this bad but I still feel something is wrong)
week 10 F5.JPG

Week 7

week 13 F7.JPG

Week 8

week 14 F9.JPG

singlecoiled

3 leafs per leafset is just what very young plants do before they show off the usual 5-9 leaves with some maturity.

Cut above the 2 true node and you should end up with 4 main colas, which you probably saw with that ditty I did years ago.

Yep, I lost the branches at the third node training too aggressively and figured I'd see what happens at the second node. Next grow I'll top at the third node for 8 colas, or maybe even try for 16. I'm looking at your topping method now great stuff !

Thanks again, sorry my grow ended too quickly. My first regular seed and it turned out male....

Latest posts

Latest posts