What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Master Kush bag seed from dispensery.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Yup bagseed is always a mystery, even if there's no doubt about the mom, the dad could be anything..

Master Kush is Hindu Kush x Skunk #1 I think so not a pure indica but a lot of indica blood, well sap. :D
Isnt this Pot of gold/skunk kush ?
While Master Kush is hindu kush x indian.

goingrey

Isnt this Pot of gold/skunk kush ?
While Master Kush is hindu kush x indian.
Have not heard of it being an Indian cross before.

Dutch Passion says it is a cross of two Hindu Kush indicas. Positronics/Nirvana say it's a Skunk hybrid. Two versions maybe.

POG from Flying Dutchmen had a similar lineage yes, also others.

singlecoiled

Have you considered odor control and just letting it grow normal?

I'm using a carbon filter, works great for most of the grow, but late flower some smell still escapes.

Low odor strains are fine, I actually like them. Just started a Northern Lights seed for my next grow....

My first try at a mainline, not as good as I had hoped, but I learned a lot. (also learned NOT to use a 7 gallon airpot...) Next grow will be similar except I'll veg longer and use a smaller pot (3 gallon cloth)

Nirvana Northern Lights.

_DSC5069 - Copy.JPG

Week 12.JPG

_DSC4268.JPG

Last edited:

singlecoiled

You can get a 4" carbon filter for like 30£ so even a small cheap one will really help out on the smell factor for pretty cheap.

Yep, I'm using an AC afinity fan and carbon filter. Problem is there is little to no ventiatilation in the laundry room I'm growing in. If I can get fan installed in the laundry room, my problem may be solved.

Having to grow low odor strains really limits your choices, BUT there are some really great strains that dont stink that much so I dont mind....

I've been through every low odor list on the internet, and these always pop up...

Northern Lights (I LOVE this stuff)...
Northern Cheese
Master Kush
Jack Herer
Green Ninja (northern lights/afghani--- made for small stealth grows)
Durban Poison (Ive grown this)
Green Crack
Tutankhamon
White Rhino
Bubblegum
Nicole Hindu Kush

singlecoiled

Was ur jack and tutankhamen low odour?,Jack's a real stinker so is tutankhamon,if there not smelling ur not getting the best from them,76

I've grown only Northern Lights and Durban Poison, the list above is from googling Low odor strains from mutilple seedbanks, articles etc....

Was ur jack and tutankhamen low odour?,Jack's a real stinker so is tutankhamon,if there not smelling ur not getting the best from them,76
Many say the same about Northern Lights, which I've grown 3 times now. Yes ! it still stinks, big time. But only in late flower AND its a sweet delicous smell that isnt obviously weed. Durban Poison was a bit stronger late flower, but still doable for me.

Not to go on too long here, I type too much, but I was camping recently and a neighboring camper brought out a huge gallon jar of buds. He handed me two medium sized buds and they stunk up my campsite double layered in plastic... OUTSIDE ! I had to toss them, they stunk that bad..... I'm trying to avoid overly strong strains like this.

So, I expect some smell of course, its weed. I'm just trying to minimize it. Funny thing is that its legal to grow were I live as well, I'm not hiding from the law.

singlecoiled

Have not heard of it being an Indian cross before.

Dutch Passion says it is a cross of two Hindu Kush indicas. Positronics/Nirvana say it's a Skunk hybrid. Two versions maybe.

POG from Flying Dutchmen had a similar lineage yes, also others.

Man, you guys know your stuff ! The little Master Kush plant I tried to grow stunk like skunk badly in Veg. I had to use the carbon filter only weeks into veg, the skunk was obvious. Northern Lights and Durban Poison did not need the carbon filter until week 5-6 of flower.

So, I researched and found the same thing, that Master Kush may or may not include Skunk in its genetics depending on the strain. White Label seems to be the version that many consider to be the original.

I also tried White Widow, that was a no go. I had to give the plant away it stunk badly...

ILGM Master Kush (listed as Low Odor on ILGM)

With a makeup of 90% indica and 10% sativa, this hybrid has won Cannabis Cup awards on two separate occasions. It's believed to either be the result of combining the world-renowned Hindu Kush with Skunk #1 or breeding two different varieties of Hindu Kush.

Herbies Master Kush (Listed as low odor on Herbies)

With an impressive lineage that stems from an original Hindu Kush highland Indica crossed with a powerful and vigorous original Skunk phenotype and an Original OG, the result is a modern-day icon in the cannabis industry.

Dutch Passion ( I might try this in a future grow)

Master Kush is a cross between two Hindu Kush strains that were brought back from Afghanistan at some personal risk. It is an easy-to-grow, high-yielding strain with a sweet taste and potent effect.

pepe-le-pew-2.png

Last edited:

William76

Should be called less odour strains,cos most strains(even so called low odour strains)will usualy stink medium still in a competent growers hands,I get u want less smell,but surely u don't want no smell weed?,76

singlecoiled

Should be called less odour strains,cos most strains(even so called low odour strains)will usualy stink medium still in a competent growers hands,I get u want less smell,but surely u don't want no smell weed?,76

Here is where I show my age, yes ! I hate smelly weed! Back in the 80's, you could walk around with buds in your pocket, 1/2 an ounce wrapped in a sandwich bag and nobody knew. Today, you walk around with an 1/8th smelling like Pepe Le Pew for miles...

Northern Lights- (grown 3 times by me, I'm growing NL now too)

Veg= almost no odor at all
Mid flower= Sweet Honey smell, no need for carbon filter yet
Last two weeks flower= OK, she gets pretty smelly here, BUT still a honey/pine smell with a slight skunk.
Drying- Hung in 55 RH or so for a week or more---Odor medium, slightly lower than late flower. (I hang in paper bags, one paper lunch bag per cola...)
After 3 Month Cure-- Pop that jar and the whole room smell delicous, sweet, honey/pine/earth.. So good you want to roll around in it.... It's loud, but just right !

I think you can tell I'm a big fan of Northern Lights, I could be happy growing this strain alone the rest of my life its that good !

16 inches x 16 inches grow space, still pulling off enough bud that I never run out of weed !

NL.jpg

IMG_0536.JPG

IMG_0534.JPG

IMG_0845.JPG

Last edited:

goingrey

Here is where I show my age, yes ! I hate smelly weed! Back in the 80's, you could walk around with buds in your pocket, 1/2 an ounce wrapped in a sandwich bag and nobody knew. Today, you walk around with an 1/8th smelling like Pepe Le Pew for miles...

Northern Lights- (grown 3 times by me, I'm growing NL now too)

Veg= almost no odor at all
Mid flower= Sweet Honey smell, no need for carbon filter yet
Last two weeks flower= OK, she gets pretty smelly here, BUT still a honey/pine smell with a slight skunk.
Drying- Hung in 55 RH or so for a week or more---Odor medium, slightly lower than late flower. (I hang in paper bags, one paper lunch bag per cola...)
After 3 Month Cure-- Pop that jar and the whole room smell delicous, sweet, honey/pine/earth.. So good you want to roll around in it.... It's loud, but just right !

I think you can tell I'm a big fan of Northern Lights, I could be happy growing this strain alone the rest of my life its that good !

View attachment 18912736
Love stinky weed. The mylar bags are pretty good at keeping in the stink. Sandwich bags are not.

Some people water cure to get rid of the smell, there was a thread about it.

singlecoiled

Love stinky weed. The mylar bags are pretty good at keeping in the stink. Sandwich bags are not.

Some people water cure to get rid of the smell, there was a thread about it.

Yep, been there done that. (Water cure). It works really well, but It takes away from the look of the buds quite a bit. Water cure = very low odor, (too low for even me), Ultra smooth smoke, amazing potency. (so smooth you can over do it easily) BUT the buds dont have the same vibrant green color I like looking at.

Bottom line, I'm just not a big fan of cat piss and skunk screaming at me. If you bust open a jar of my NL, the entire room will stink in a good way.

Yes, I have carbon lined odor bags to cover my skunky ass... Currently smoking Grandaddy Purple, Master Kush, Royal Cookies, and Bruce Banner. They all stink like a skunk. (Master Kush is the exception, it's lower odor than the rest)

It also may be the fact that Im jealous of you guys that can grow high odor strains too... But thats just a hunch.

singlecoiled

Here is my goal... 3 ounces of pure tops in a small space--18 " x 18" x 36" Light 97 watts LED. Remember, this is a micro grow.

I'm planning to mainline for 8 colas. Many of my Northern Lights colas came in with a wet weight of almost 2 ounces. If I can get my grow just right, I could have 8 colas weighing in wet at 2 ounces each. Pic below shows a NL cola weighing 1.7 ounces wet on the scale.

IMG_0534.JPG

8x2= 16 ounces wet
16/4= 4 ounces (give or take) after losing water

4 ounces - minus fat cola stems, I'll subtract another ounce...

My estimate-- 3 ounces. At least thats the plan, Stan.

singlecoiled

Current grow, just popped on Friday, my 4th run of Nirvana Northern Lights, 100% germination success with all 5 seeds, grown one at a time. Seeds are a few years old as well, I'm impressed with Nirvana...

_DSC5873c.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts