What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Master Kush bag seed from dispensery.

singlecoiled

Micro grow = 18 x18x 32 inches.

Metal Grow Safe, AC afinity fan, Carbon Filter

Fox Farm Coco Loco

Spider Farmer SF-1000

Dyna Grow Foliage Pro/ Fresh rabbit poop.

So, I was thinking of growing master kush and purchased an ounce at my local dispensery. It was decent, got me high, but to my surprise came with seeds ! So, as a little bonus I did not have to buy seeds and got them for free. My first try without Fem seeds.

Week 1:

Week 1c.JPG

Last edited:

goingrey

yeah man , I would hope so. Considering its a dispensery seed, I really have no idea what strain it is ! Looking like Indica is a good thing.,
Yup bagseed is always a mystery, even if there's no doubt about the mom, the dad could be anything..

Master Kush is Hindu Kush x Skunk #1 I think so not a pure indica but a lot of indica blood, well sap. :D

singlecoiled

Yup bagseed is always a mystery, even if there's no doubt about the mom, the dad could be anything..

Master Kush is Hindu Kush x Skunk #1 I think so not a pure indica but a lot of indica blood, well sap. :D

Well, Master Kush is supposedly low odor but this plant has quite some smell in Veg, you can clearly smell weed which worries me. Flower may get out of hand with odor we'll see. Odor is a reason I'm keeping this small.

Planning to Manifold for only 6-8 colas... Lost a few branches training too early so its a Tri branch manifold at this point. Three main branches, I'll keep two or four (undecided) potential flowers per branch. It will either be 6 or 12 colas.

singlecoiled

Master Kush low odor? I don't think so..

Never seen pruning this extreme before will be interesting to see what shape she grows into now.

I lost branches tying down a manifold too early (I knew better) at the third node so this has become a bit of an experiment at this point. I'll post pics tonight, she is bouncing back fast and has a very odd tri spoke manifold pattern at the moment. Ive upped the doseage of Foliage Pro and she is getting nice and green..

Master Kush is almost always included in low odor strain recommendations. (when I say low odor I mean less odor, I am quite aware that all plants will smell to some degree..) I'm not saying your wrong about Master Kush smelling, but I hope you are !

Example of a low odor list recommendation.....

Table of contents

Another from ILGM....

1. Top 10 Low Odor Marijuana Strains

Last edited:

singlecoiled

One interesting thing about topping to the second node vs 3rd node, the first set of leaves coming off the new topped branches is 3 leafed. So, I chopped those off too (yes more defoliation). The second node coming off the new branches is 5 leafed. I'll use these nodes/branches to flower.

Poor plant is being defoliated harcore. I chopped 50 percent of new growth (three leaf nodes) as I'm not sure how 3 leafed nodes will flower.

singlecoiled

Week 8: (current) Light on 12/12 for three days trying to determine sex. She (or he) really needs to be transplanted soon !

I call this my "tri spoke" manifold. (due to newbie grower user error). Like Bob Ross say's, we only have happy accidents. She's bouncing back nicely, maybe my tri spoke will work after all.
8th4.JPG

8th2.JPG
View attachment 18907034
8th.JPG

Last edited:

singlecoiled

Calling Old Uncle Ben if he's around ! I have been doing a lot of reading and have learned a lot from this guy.

I am using DynaGrow Foliage Pro and a very small amount of MagPro for Sulfur and Magnesium. My question is, should I use Bloom nutrients or continue with Foliage Pro 9-3-6 all the way through flower?

I'm leaning towards going 3/4 Foliage Pro/ 1/4 Bloom just because I am still unsure how to feed and am using the Dynagrow Feed Chart. The idea is to add a small amount of bloom nutrients (P and K) so that the plant has what it needs to bloom. It will also cut down on N a bit by mixing bloom into the feed.

Dynagrow feed chart (Drain to Waist) listed below. I feed everywatering around twice a week to 20 percent runoff...

Dyna Grow recommends 2.5 ml Foliage Pro, and 5 ml Bloom this feed. I'll reverse it to 5 ml Foliage Pro and 2.5 ml Bloom. I flipped 12/12 a week ago, I may leave bloom out all together this feed. I'm not sure !

Attachments

• Dyna-Gro Hydro Feeding Chart 1-15-3 (1).pdf
    489.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

singlecoiled

Really don't need the Bloom but if you want to use it, shouldn't hurt. Nutrients are there to support plant processes. Leaves produce the buds.

So we have Foliage Pro (veg) and Bloom. (flower). Both supposedly have all the needed nutrients and minerals balanced together .

Now instead of just following what others say or simply using a feed chart, what I'm after is learning what a plant really needs. After reading many of your posts and listening to the President of Dynagrow saying that bloom nutrients arent really needed, I am unsure how to move forward.

So, its hard to just brush aside countless recommendations from books, feed charts and forums that DO use bloom nutrients in flower. It seems to me that mother nature doesnt change the feed at flower and they do quite well naturally.. Another common tip I've seen over and over is that too much Nitrogen is a bad thing in flower. So, I'm a little nervous to continue using just FoPro deep into flower. I'm thinking FoPro is balanced nicely and will not leave too much nitrogen, but again, this goes against what many recommend.

Anyway, I've run into yellowing of leaves in week 6 of flower with all my grows now. Its hard to tell if its normal senescense because a little yellowing may be normal late flower, but I think I still have some work to do. I'm hoping for flower to go a little better this run using Foliage Pro.

For now, I'll start giving a taste of bloom nutrients, very lightly and continue to use FoPro (as you call it) I have a teaspoon set that goes all the way to 1/64th of a tsp. When I say lightly feeding Bloom, I mean it. Of course, I'll listen to what my plant tells me as well.

By the way, I'm a big fan of your no nonsense posts and many of them really have me thinking. If you ever decide to write a book, I'm all in !

Last edited:

singlecoiled

Just a quick list of exactly what I have and am using....

1. Foliage Pro. (FoPro, I like it).... I will be using primarily this.

But I do add a little bit of.. (to stay close to what my DynaGrow feed chart shows.)

2. Bloom ( as I say, not sure how I'll proceed with this, I'll let my plant guide me)
3. MagPro (love this stuff, my plants odor goes way up immediately after using it) Used VERY lightly.
4. Protekt. (more of a PH down instead of using PH down)..
5. Recharge. (I have my doubts, but it was only $3) I boil and bake my soil to 180 degrees, I guess it cant hurt to get life back into the soil.
6. Great White- Used to transplant, sprinkled on the roots.)
7. Calmag. (used very lightly as needed)
8. Fresh Rabbit poop, I have a pet rabbit. Mixed well into the soil. (Fox Farm Coco Loco)
9. RO water.
10. EC meter to check feed and runoff. PH drops to check PH. I'm feeding around 6.0 as my runoff is around 7.5