What's new

MASSIVE OUTDOOR GROW

Status
Not open for further replies.
zapatoloco said:
Wow ! thats a potiputki ( our finnish friends may help with spelling), tried to tree plant with such a thing years ago, but only useful for tough little conifers in Sand. Doesnt dig a hole really !!!

hmm....what if you were to use a pottiputki in a turned over field, soft soil that has been fertilized. no rocks or clay just soil...???

most sites say you can plant 2000+ seedlings a day with one of these...it has highly desirable commercial growing aspects to it...if there is some sort of equipment that will do this safely and delicately then sign me up....

who else can give reviews to these 'pottiputki' finnish devices...??

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
vod said:
Speed Queen: Mid October (North) And the german languague version defines north as north from 46N.

I toped one and it branched out heavily. Octopuslike long arms. When topped all the other branches got realy long. Same with bending. I enjoy that trait very much in my mini set up. Toped a couple times looked like this. Resin is good and so is potency as far as I can judge. Here is one from the guy who did the outdoor one above. Heavy stuff. Might not hold the flowers if to much toping.

Hole about 25 liters. Filled 2/3 with potting soil and 1/3 perlite. Some dolomite lime added. Fed liquid nutes. During flowering PK13/14 every 2 or 3 weeks. Plant was 5 meters from a stream.
North defined as 46N+?...Interesting.....assumed had to be some standard.....

I figured some prep and maintenance...filled in fairly nice....

blackone said:
If you're at a latitude where you can grow grapefruit outdoors then you're one very lucky guy:) I'm running her indoors and it's such a nice strain. The buds don't look like much but when you start trimming you realise that they're pretty damn solid and also a very very easy trim. Oh and the aroma and resin... wow:)

Good luck finding any seeds though - female seeds are supposed to be back on track from this month but everything is pretty silent so far...

Here in Denmark our strain selection is pretty limited.. I've seen some people having success with c99, AK47 or other name brands on very good years but in general you need to go for real northern outdoor strains.
Yeah.....I haven't seen any stock from them for a while (glance here, glance there, etc......)

Actually a fair selection of earlier things (before Oct 1st).....is the issue just frost times?, or other issues?..

I don't know about anyone else, but, seems to me, this season, a lot of my things are not finishing anywhere near their schedule...(seem to be running anywhere from 1-3 weeks later than normally would...at least the things I have run before......Have Sept 25th's looking like Oct 7th.....Have October 7th's looking like the 27th...etc......

Portion of the pink stuff is starting to shoot the pink pistils btw.....

Things like this have me very concerned......(Those are a Halloween finish...)

That shot, and this one, (purpling nicely) we're taken by one of my guys who is going to be the designated photographer from now on...:biglaugh:.....(I don't take great shots, always preoccupied....he loves it, could all day.......(Then he wouldn't have to do any work :smoke: :biglaugh:....)

(But, then again, I have mine set on, like.....1-2 to save space....he's got something nice set on like...fuckin 10 :biglaugh:....It's actually funny because he went to another, while I went to another and was supposed to bring me back specific things.....and, didn't really :biglaugh: (...nice pics...just not what I needed to assess actually :biglaugh:)

(Much more of course.....I don't share everything :smoke:)

I should have had him take this shot and this shot........

(Maybe I will have him go through a spot or two while were cutting for some nice shots.....)

Same old... couple more here..., couple more there....... couple more here..............and so on......

Of note on the above... all from straight in ground, top fed, no holes. (Hand spade...hole size of 32oz cup....)

Last edited:

Hindu Killer

Veteran
For going straight in the ground they've done very well J! What strains are they? Must be nice to be sitting on hundreds of those jewels. Gotta love it!

marto

Yeah, those are awsome julian. How did you do with your trees that got the full prep. Any issues with mold or storm damage?

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hindu Killer said:
For going straight in the ground they've done very well J!
Well, the above are out of 2 different.......(as above.....I had someone go take some shots of one place.....was there about 2 weeks ago....but, had to go to another, so, he went to take some shots......was requested overall shots (too see if yellowing from storms eased up), and bud shots (to see how far along and try and time them........Hmmm.......actually, was 3 weeks I was at it......2 later at another, then 1 week later I went to another and sent him back to that one to give me cutting estimates , damage reports (lot of fallen trees), and, let me know if any mold........

(I just had him go through problem areas which I noted previously...not the whole thing....didn't want him there for too long or too much...that's an op I'm steering clear of for he most part for various reasons......)

His 2 shots, and the last of the 3 "couple more here" is from that one (the one I sent him to....), the others from another......

Actually not pleased at all....easy to see those are far more than 2 weeks out.....Not good........not good at all...(Had hoped to pull all down from that location by the 10th more or less.....(3 weeks out?.....).....Afraid might have to be pulling some down early....ie: Some done, some not, everything has to go.....Was an initial time limit on that location that I was working with...........Not good.......they're not on schedule....at all.....

Straight in ground.....but, as can be seen, a lot more in the open than I usually do.......good rainfall, and, while straight in ground, decent native and, who knows........serious amounts of top feed, especially due to rain this season.......
What strains are they?
Lot of previous pics the BOG, the Pink, the PPP and others...couldn't even tell you......random stuff taken from last season, as had some issues with stock and planning earlier this season (c99, AK, Skunk crosses.....lot of those......lot....)...I'm usually pretty careful about stock......(I toss enormous amounts every season if I am not 100% certain what they are and where they came from......ran short on stock so had to use stuff I probably usually would not have......

Once I get a taste and better look at finished things, will be able to pin point more
Must be nice to be sitting on hundreds of those jewels. Gotta love it!
Ohhhh.....well, there's a Couple more than that around :biglaugh:...:smoke:............but.........yeah....it is....:smoke:....as earlier.....been starting to feel a little better about this season than I have all year......(But, back to concerned after seeing the one larger one my guy hit is way behind........whatever....as long as I bring them in........could be worse :smoke:......could be a lot worse :smoke:....)

Couple pics above......can see very open spots.......and, this year was spread things more far and wide than previous.......and, found myself (still :biglaugh:) thinking along the lines of "man, we could have packed those fuckin spots full".....which, of course, may indeed have been the case, but.....

I tend to revert now and then to the school of thought of every one you get away with, means you could have done a lot more....but then it comes back full circle to maybe you got away with it because you didn't do more :smoke:....(I of course did, and, lost, as earlier, an enormous amount early in season from one op.........as earlier...lack of maintenance, trimming, rains, no holes....etc......

Lot of those spots as can be seen....very out in the open.....Didn't think they would get as large as some did (since no holes....)....

Debating whether to fill those same spots next year......but, eh...probably not...would be serious overkill/aerial bait if I did.....(prep guys didn't like spreading them out so far and wide either...more work, more distance, etc......)

marto said:
Yeah, those are awsome julian. How did you do with your trees that got the full prep. Any issues with mold or storm damage?

Actually the no prep/holes/maintenance definitely outperforming the full prep and maintenance this season.....(no prep more sun, better exposure, serious winds......which helps also to control the mold.......)

My guy who stopped at another said he did pull several that were completely molded......but, other than that looks like they are oing well, just a little behind for the most part.....

I've had some storm damage this season at all ops...(trees coming down....couple here hit, couple there hit......serious splitting on several at other places...........(heavier ones of course :biglaugh:....god forbid anything should fall on smaller ones :biglaugh:...)

Full prep also got some serious top feed, and here and there different plots at different ops got hit with heavy liquid flower at points....

For me....as earlier.....little different mindset this season (well, at least now...).......whatever....what's done is done........crew shit done....losses done...damage done......I just want to bring all those fuckers in and move on......

Had enough sleepless nights...(and getting worse till all brought in....)

Not to mention, still have large one haven't taken any pics from...(minimal visits entire season...)..still have a lot of small ones with people......still have my city ones (which have not been to in months and starting to think now about when to get in......cut....using other ops and plants as somewhat of a benchmark to set those dates........wondering about access, cutting...how to get it done, etc......

Little frustrating...........ie: Every time I think getting close....see something which makes me think "2 more weeks"...:biglaugh:........now that's changing to 3-4-5 more weeks on some........etc..........wtf man.....

On one hand I tell myself, well, couple of these are new spots, locations, etc...had to "get the feel" of them.....understand them.......nuances of each one (which I fully understand now, and could easily do again with minimal problems and change the scheduling/maintenance/prep according to what I know now.........)

Is what it is.........damage is done.....now just have to work with everything left...final stretch.......continuously going over everything, everywhere, scheduling, and, looks like I will be okay...(with yield, what I need to pocket to be happy, plus fund next rounds.....)

All in all?............

Could have been a lot worse..........a lot..(mold, thieves, discovery, worse partner/worker issues, etc.....)

Could always be a lot worse....:smoke:.....

Sept 25th........week from today will be October 1st....extended bringing me to October 9th....

(Been drying slightly different this year.......entire plants whenever possible and when not, as large pieces as possible.......drying time longer than usual (some pushing 3 weeks....but average 2 more or less).....so.......not helping my impatience either.......cause putting me at about 5 weeks from cut before "ready".........(which when thinking 5 weeks left for some things, add that on (another 5) then take into consideration lapse in trimming and volume, well.........have to get my stock runs started......wanted to get out of her for a trip or two, etc....so, all in all......fuckin up my schedules big time....

But.......could be worse :smoke:.....

Worse things have happened I suppose.......(back to happy/fun/excited :smoke:)

(I'm also rolling and throwing the dice this season more than ever before in terms of letting them go........)

I dunno,........this season?.........made me realize how much I love it.......how much I enjoy it.......that I do it well (overall), and, despite what people may think overall........I'm pretty fuckin proud of my "work"..(end product)....and I take great pride in it......(someone told me something recently also that had quite an impact on me.........about product, demand, etc......made me feel very good.......was quite a statement.........fairly big guy....deals with quite a few (growers, in and out...maybe 20)...said I am the only one that all 20 not only put in orders early, but some pay him upfront to make sure they get some........

I was fuckin speechless to say the least.......truly....such a compliment means more than money.....

Last edited:

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Well that is a compliment. :D
Its great to hear about a commerical-scale grower that actually cares about the "product"...even though I'll probably never get to sample it myself. You never know though. :chin:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought it was........granted....that's for the absolute best stuff and my ps (when I finally dump it all, which i what that specific guy gets and what they ask about....pink stuff, the sour bubble, with time on them, nicest trims, etc, etc, so...no, not all of it......)

(He gets volume too, just goes different places.....)

Well, everything aside.....better it is, more it's worth.....more people like it, easier and quicker it goes, etc, so.....even from a business only standpoint, I mean......best you can do is reflected on your bottom line anyway, so......

(Plus, I am always very aware of everything that goes out, because it is a direct reflection upon me............op upon op...year in and year out.......I can drop sealed packages and someone not be worried about what is inside...)

Dependable, reliable, and accurate on descriptions....

I never understood why all don't care more.........if one is in it only to make money?...I would think they would be doing everything they can to make sure their bottom line is as high as possible, so......I never understood/understand.....

Cutting early?......you just shorted yourself on weight..........shorted yourself again on quality.....and on it goes.......through dry, through clip, through cure.......

(Same could be applied to weight/yield, but, I do volume to make up for it and , as shown by now...lot of times even little o no maintenance comes out fine for me, but, still aware than any and every action taken directly returned in yield or quality......)

Seasonally....you know.......you do what you can do....some seasons better than others........weight, less rain, etc, etc, and on it goes, but......yeah, I think I find a happy medium between all (or try, and always change), and, frankly,yeah......

I do take a fair amount of pride in my product :smoke:......(and, it gets returned to me...:smoke:......)

marto

Hey julian, where do you see the price of pot going during this economic collapse. BTW hope ya didnt take a hit today. down 777points is a frighteneing new record. Seems like the demand for herb would be greater at times like these.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
marto said:
BTW hope ya didnt take a hit today. down 777points is a frighteneing new record

Hey julian, where do you see the price of pot going during this economic collapse. Seems like the demand for herb would be greater at times like these.
I think anyone who only see's collapse is missing what is truly going on right now :smoke:....

Not in that mode, but, market basics covered early in thread. Basics.

Every dollar lost is one that another has made :smoke:...

No. As above, I haven't been as active as I usually am, and, have been "waiting" for the most part...(for things like the above :smoke:)

I haven't seen any impact really, aside from hardcore more in demand, (which has always been the case) but, hopefully it will impact those who ask a little too much.......(discussions earlier about $100 a q.....$125 a q......I myself heard/saw some $200 a q, which I laughed.......)

(The psychology of it is just as amusing actually....let's think for a moment: Hmmm......people having a harder time (average person)...people less money to spend, so, let's raise the prices so they have to spend more.....:biglaugh:)

You know, people will talk that "commercial" smack all day long.......but, the real issue I think is probably more those trying to get $500+ a z.....(which just might be the very same people actually :smoke:....)

All I see (impact) is a growing demand....

"Regular" market a little different....people won't even look at the garbage anymore......so, any and every source for the hardcore is always busy.....and, better the price, more of it goes, and the quicker it goes..:smoke:....

(I try to make sure my product ends up at just a little more than nice regular....and less than others hardcore.......I break it down from my pocket down to where I know it's going......I don't give people things for 3 to watch them sell it at 6...ya know?...(some might....depending on the where and how's, I don't say anything, but, if I know they are making too much, I make a problem about it..(That problem could be me changing to 45.......telling them drop it down...etc).........I think most of mine ends up out there at about $275-$325 per......know a couple who get up to $400 in certain circles and such....but, I know their clientele (bigger money...probably usually pay more, if they even see the same things....which is something which forms the basis of everything......what is available....how much, etc.......has to be a universal standard of quality, you know?......all depends where it's going and what it is......some get it for $2750....some get it for $3750.....

I pretty much dictate my markets down to z's more or less......(anything further they can do what they want....lot of work when things get busted down small and not my business.....same with the bubble which I know ends up going out in grams....so.....they earned whatever they made...Bubble I put out at about $200-$250 per (break down) and, I know they might get up to $20-$30 a g....

My position on everything is would I pay it/do I see it as reasonable....

No. I see no impact other than a growing demand depending on circles one touches.

Very similar to housing market....something nice, at a reasonable price?......done...but, asking higher and higher and higher and offering the same?....well, no surprise, is it? :smoke:...

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Julian
Wanted to thank you for all the kind words and back and forth I learned allot from our discussions here and PM wise. Not many would have taken the time in fact you were the only one. You are a great contributor to the outdoor forum and an even better human being!!!!!

I wanted to reply to the story about carrying some wet around in the car I forgot to so I hope its ok here in your thread.

I remember early on in my guerrilla days I had a partner and we had about 10 big females (early riser). We took them down branch by branch and warped them up in two tarps. I shoved them both in the back seat of my car must have been 70 lbs wet each with all the branches. It looked like two corpses sitting in the back I could barely get the door closed. Well it’s a Saturday night and all the high school football games are just getting over. We cruise through a small town right by a high school and get stuck at RR tracks because of a train.
That was the longest 2 minutes of my life I thought sure as hell someone was going to see those two corpses/tarps and call the popo. Crazy carrying all that wet. Now I trim everything down a lot better. Man to be young again!!!

Next year we will hopefully have some tales to tell.

Keep on keeping on bro..

Last edited:
V

vod

So far I chucked almost all to bubble pile. Lots of mold in the forest spot :badday: Hardly any at the river. Need to spay next time. Have one nice real mini, will take a pic when dry.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
vod said:
So far I chucked almost all to bubble pile. Lots of mold in the forest spot :badday: Hardly any at the river. Need to spay next time. Have one nice real mini, will take a pic when dry.
Sorry to hear........The forest spots will get you......didn't get hit this year as much as previous....different spots, different locations, different planting spots, etc........which helped me a little....

Sorry to hear you got hit.....seems lot of people either had a great year or a bad one....for me, a little of both......not going to dwell on my own issues.....over, done, move forward...learn, readjust, etc....

hamstring said:
Julian
Wanted to thank you for all the kind words and back and forth I learned allot from our discussions here and PM wise. Not many would have taken the time in fact you were the only one. You are a great contributor to the outdoor forum and an even better human being!!!!!
Your welcome.......and, I'm truly humbled.........truly....

I've brought a new approach and lecture to my guys, which includes: Feel free to share and discuss anything......there is no thought or emotion that comes out of this I have not experienced.....so, I will understand....etc..seems to have opened things up to another level actually......things they would have never brought up, etc.....wouldn't have felt comfortable saying before that....

This "thing of ours" :smoke: is not an easy one sometimes.......sometimes.....we all need to hear certain things in certain situations.......

Truly glad I was able to offer something to help.......
I wanted to reply to the story about carrying some wet around in the car I forgot to so I hope its ok here in your thread.

I remember early on in my guerrilla days I had a partner and we had about 10 big females (early riser). We took them down branch by branch and warped them up in two tarps. I shoved them both in the back seat of my car must have been 70 lbs wet each with all the branches. It looked like two corpses sitting in the back I could barely get the door closed. Well it’s a Saturday night and all the high school football games are just getting over. We cruise through a small town right by a high school and get stuck at RR tracks because of a train.

That was the longest 2 minutes of my life I thought sure as hell someone was going to see those two corpses/tarps and call the popo. Crazy carrying all that wet. Now I trim everything down a lot better. Man to be young again!!!

Next year we will hopefully have some tales to tell.

Keep on keeping on bro..
That's funny :biglaugh: (well, to us, now :smoke:...) Had a similar thing happen recently......Had vehicles parked in a driveway somewhere (packed fuckin full :smoke:...mid size trucks...) and, some door to door person comes up...one of my guys talking to them at the street/driveway and all I kept thinking was "get them the fuck away from the trucks" :biglaugh:

I'll share a little more because might be of interest to people.......

I had a lot of "new" partners this year.....not necessarily "new" people, but, new to this........

Very paranoid people........(their "first", so, I mean, what do you expect :biglaugh::smoke:)

I have to say it really fucked me up across the board......(There is no facet of these operations I am unaware of, and, frankly, I am aware of them every waking moment of every single minute, hour, day, and week until cut.....)

I don't sleep from May-October........I don't (can't) really relax from May-October....

BUT.....

That's my job........that's what I take on and accept....

It occupies every waking moment the entire season, and I don't fuckin need to be reminded constantly.......

Point was these guys wouldn't even carry a dry p in their trunk but I can throw 100+lbs wet into vehicle and drive anywhere from 2-5hrs...(which is still nothing...maybe 10p's dry.........was an earlier sample cut.....)

I really like that btw..(tarps, wrapped) but...details of it with volume...lot of wasted space, larger masses, etc......Was talking earlier about the contractor bags.....I really like those...(depending on how large plants are....smaller ones an throw in pile...slightly larger can cut in half, etc, then slide right into those....thicker plastic...no rips and tears....etc...........)

I'm pretty much all wrapped up now.............(had my 1-2 days sleep....basically got in Thursday night/Friday morn and have pretty much been sleeping since then........woke up for a while here an there, got something to drink.....read some news......shuffle back to bed....but, going to go have a good meal today.........didn't eat for 2-3 days during the heavy work.....think had something Tuesday......

So.........

Lot I could add and discuss......but, I'm just too tired..........very hard season for me.......(was touched by thieves for first time in a while....thank god they were soooo fuckin stupid......cleared out some entire patches.....but, were many others very close by.........I'm fairly certain it was not random, and, frankly, didn't come out of my end, so........spot was exceptional.....but of course everything there done......entire op killed as of this week......

Very little mold for me this season due to some spots and placement........the least I have had since I can remember actually...(entire mold loss almost non existent......)

(Have not pulled in everything, everywhere.......but, about 90% of everything , everywhere...left a few here and there to finish further......which pose no concern regarding the amount....loss, etc.....majority in.....enough for me to call it a season and wrap it up.....)

Anyway..........so......that's it.........

Have drawn a lot out of all our conversations........glad others have also.......and glad to have shared........offer something of use......my motives most along the lines of I am out and done soon.......know a lot are not/will not be, and, maybe could use a "little talk"........

Hope it helped some.........hope of use.....interest....

Hope all are well.........Hope all are safe........(know many not close to done......and best wishes everything comes out okay......)

Very hard business..........know it takes a lot out of one......physically, mentally........volume puts me over the top and wipes me out..........I could go to bed for another week myself......but, have to go and have my "debriefings" with everybody..........(translation.........yell, bitch, complain, dismiss people, etc...:biglaugh:)

:smoke:....

Last edited:

BubsNugs

Glad to here you had a good season Julian. Hope you get to rest up and perhaps get a chance to throw a couple delicous cheese burgers on the grill eh? :)

Peace

ninfan77

Well if you indeed are done for a little while, thank you so much man.. I had a pretty shitty season this year.. lost a LOT to mold, animals, etc.. but there's always next year to get ready for soon !

Have drawn a lot out of all our conversations........glad others have also.......and glad to have shared........offer something of use......my motives most along the lines of I am out and done soon.......know a lot are not/will not be, and, maybe could use a "little talk"........

I am glad you are safe Bro..... Fucking inspirational to say the least!!!!
Take care and get some rest. It would be nice to make this a sticky
:joint:

DaDank

This past weekend, I had my first success with the "late season mini". It inspired me because a certain essential characteristic came through loud and clear.
Here's the scenario:
I don't know squat about guerilla growing, but there is this under-used field I know in upstate NY that I visited at the end of July. Accompanying me on this visit were four rather sickly clones that I stuck in a secluded part of aforementioned field. Put them in 3 gal buckets, gave 'em guano, little lime and some water absorbant crystals and wished them the best.
Fast forward to Cloumbus Day weekend, and I am back in the area. With alarm, I notice that the field has been mowed. With relief, I find the now overgrown buckets just outside the mowing area. And it isn't until I am looking at them from 3 ft. away that I notice - HOLY CRAP - there are two, fairly bushy 3ft tall females looking up at me. Talk about tickled!!
But really astounded by the fact that, within the growth at the edge of a field, they were virtually invisible. The yield is nothing to write home about. But between wanting big yielding plants that are can seen by aerial LEO, and being satisfied with smaller, totally stealth specimens like mine, I am definately going for the latter.
Time to start diggin' holes for next season.
Talk about pleasant surprise!

Anyone, anywhere, anytime

Julian, i have used these words more in the last 6 months more than i care to acknowledge. To say you have inspired me would be an understatement. I know you are just doing what you do but your wisdom has come at a price and I thank you for sharing it freely.

Only since you mention ask any question, I think you may not mean basic shite like this, but what is the Latest to put something outdoor in Cali? Thinkin of throwin a mom or two outside-not going to frost for awhile still???

Status
Not open for further replies.