What's new

MASSIVE OUTDOOR GROW

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapatoloco

Julian said:
Expansive subject but serves little purpose for one wishing to step up their production and income here and now....

I agree, sorry for straying off topic. Public forums are not the place for such discussions with perfect strangers (!).

I am very well acquainted with latin american culture through school, work, living and family. I agree with what you say about the average producers and their (general) lack of "ferocity", some of the very best people i've ever known. Helpful and kind beyond all expectations. But they operate within a system that has some very violent actors which must be taken into account as much by them as anybody else.

I used south in a general north-south, first world/third world, developped countries/developping countries sense. What i wrote in the previous post applies in a general sense to any first-worlder wanting to work on such things in third world countries ( i.e europeans and hashmaking in North Africa, westerners supervising the production of fine charas in India and around, etc...)

if i understood correctly your answer to my initial question is basically that the fine tuning that a "western" connaisseur can provide will lead to a 200% to 500% increase in the bottom line for the local producer.

I guess i knew the answer anyhow (what else could we do?) and just wanted to converse on this "expansive" subject with a knowledgeable source.

I'll gladly delete this and my previous post if you want me to.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
zapatoloco said:
I agree, sorry for straying off topic. Public forums are not the place for such discussions with perfect strangers.
Not off topic at all per se.......merely subject and specifics I decided to leave be for now......(Regarding my own specifics and situation and options....not to mention quite a bit left to address on my end....would rather not discuss....)

For now...:smoke:
I agree with what you say about the average producers and their (general) lack of "ferocity", some of the very best people i've ever known. Helpful and kind beyond all expectations. But they operate within a system that has some very violent actors which must be taken into account as much by them as anybody else.
Which was essentially my point.....the "ferocity" spoke of earlier dealing with the concrete adherence to a plan and security and follow through regarding operations as opposed to violence, which is of course applicable anywhere, anytime, within any group, even legitimate....

In short, operating basically in the open doing what one likes on a limitless basis a different matter :smoke:...

I'd also readily agree in general with those characteristics described...

"Respect" is a language known globally......
I used south in a general north-south, first world/third world, developped countries/developping countries sense. What i wrote in the previous post applies in a general sense to any first-worlder wanting to work on such things in third world countries ( i.e europeans and hashmaking in North Africa, westerners supervising the production of fine charas in India and around, etc...)
Well, South production (Mexico, Central and South America....strains, hash) I wouldn't say the same as the above..(As those regions do very well with their quality, production, etc...ie: hashmaking....), and, often, as above.......are also consumers :smoke:......

I would though say some help could be provided with strains and practices, etc.....(Africa, Asia.....)

If one is not aware, such has come about in the past basically, again, through consumers (purchasers) whose volume gave them "an ear".......and it all goes from there....

How it's always been and how it always will be because rarely will one come in contact with any whom will provide such an opportunity let alone listen to what is said.......

Lot of examples throughout history can be found....Quintero's in Mexico a good example....(allowing larger purchaser to come in and revise and improve their ops and quality...)
if i understood correctly your answer to my initial question is basically that the fine tuning that a "western" connaisseur can provide will lead to a 200% to 500% increase in the bottom line for the local producer.
Depending on who, when, and where those are fairly firm estimates. (Based on what and who I know)

Specifics right now necessary to illustrate numerous points...

An example out of the air based on reality would be a farm doing $100 a lb changing over to highest quality and doing their bulk for $500 a lb, which is still desired as quality always in demand and that same bulk at $500 being done in bulk up north (east or west) for up to $3,000.

I would personally advise, if I had anyones ear :smoke: to do a "test batch" and do it $750-$1,000 a p in bulk......(They are typically unaware of the "back end"........they know what they know, they know how things "have always been done".......but, they are always interested to know certain things can go for $4,000lb....:smoke:

Anyway...again...specifics...etc.......
I guess i knew the answer anyhow (what else could we do?) and just wanted to converse on this "expansive" subject with a knowledgeable source.
Understood. Has been covered quite a bit above and earlier.

Such is not something one "decides to do"....it's something one falls into from being there....so.....again...something I saw as limited benefit......
I'll gladly delete this and my previous post if you want me to.
That won't be necessary. Merely relayed the above. A subject which is sensitive to begin with, and difficult to discuss without examples.

I will say:
All about profit.....many worldwide are aware of nicer things......they are aware of indoor operations.....one who might come into contact with or know the right person or people and let it be known, even share samples of a product which commands $4-$6,000lb, and the knowledge and ability to readily produce such might find themselves with an interesting proposition....:smoke:

On that note: It's not something you ask for....

You must be asked........the proposal made to you...

Someone attempting to establish such without relationships may find themselves in a very uncomfortable situation...

Last edited:

zapatoloco

Julian said:
Such is not something one "decides to do"....it's something one falls into from being there

On that note: It's not something you ask for....

Someone attempting to establish such without relationships may find themselves in a very uncomfortable situation...

couldn't agree more. key points.

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Im with you on the early stuff, seeing the Canadians pull those plants in August has gotten me to thinking. However in my past experience with them EF's they need time to get any kind of yield. But then thats why the #'s. The Auto Affie that would be the shit, for said project.
And lucky for us, i see it is out and about...just not in my hands yet.

So J...the hang is the flush????...Im going to give it a shot this season. Im also going to have to dry my gear outside this year......hopefully the weather cooperates!

After talking about the pink I see Im going to have to germ those beans and see what shows up.

And Im" NOW " going to scout next seasons grows! May cut back a bit not so many different things. Just the past couple season 's producers....and a fav or two.......do as you suggested.....good #'s of female/cuts.

Ever run AK47 J???? I did 2 seasons back and was really impressed. This seasons didnt get as big....some neglect unfortunately.

What ferts do you favor J?? Amounts used???...and when?? Do you mulch??

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hindu Killer said:
Im with you on the early stuff, seeing the Canadians pull those plants in August has gotten me to thinking. However in my past experience with them EF's they need time to get any kind of yield. But then thats why the #'s. The Auto Affie that would be the shit, for said project.
And lucky for us, i see it is out and about...just not in my hands yet.
Well, I always have things which I trigger (24/0 to out)...just cut a round of things past week , pic above.....looked okay, and, looked at em again recently (several days hanging), an, seems like was a good cut time......Had the Marocs also (same issue, could have used more veg though, but, was pleased with how they turned out as is...(more veg or more numbers, or both :smoke: (They finished at 3-4 foot little bushes....wasn't that bad...just wish I would have done 1,000 more :biglaugh: :smoke:)

Always next year :smoke:

I'm on the AF's.......will do winter fem and going to do some serious, serious numbers next year (might decide before then just to do those and have everything wrapped up mid July...who knows...all depends if I can make it up on the volume...bonus is mid July/Aug 1st is a good time as far as supply and having nice things :smoke:

Not geting ahead of myself though....right now (well, aside from shitloads to harvest :biglaugh: priority is starting fem projects....) Locations in mind, fem projects will be underway, and, will sort it out before May :biglaugh:...(give myself less to think about.....)
So J...the hang is the flush????...Im going to give it a shot this season. Im also going to have to dry my gear outside this year......hopefully the weather cooperates!
Don't forget the basics...circulation is key, also, thoroughly checking before hanging and leaving...(peel back each of all large colas to double check nothing lurking inside.....)

Can go shorter also and still reap the benefits.....

Well, hang is he flush is what/how I learned.....many would disagree, but, I never understood depriving a plant in the last 2 weeks when it is documented the last 2 weeks are the most significant of flower!

Plant continues to live when cut. Plant continues to utilize everything left in leaves and stems and buds when cut. Plant will utilize any and everything left until "dead"......

Thus..........the plant continues growing far past when it is cut....which all would agree...(yet many would disagree it eats while still living...which is contradictory in itself, is it not? :smoke:

Out hang is a dramatic example of the points above. Noticeable with the naked eye...The naked eye.....so......:smoke:
After talking about the pink I see Im going to have to germ those beans and see what shows up.
Yeah, this years run, despite them being S1's....no pink pistils....so....go figure..(environmental last season not pleasant ...so....would think this season would be better for such (developing color characteristics, temp, etc.....) One of last pics uploaded is the pink (title is something like "nice shot"...something...2nd to last uploaded.....)

See.........I talked about digging up a mother of it last year...decided (or rather forgot :biglaugh:) about it....should have....big mistake......one o the nicest things I remember seeing (in every way..yield was very good, rock solid, potency through the fuckin roof, smell, bag appeal...very close to "perfect"......

A shame....
And Im" NOW " going to scout next seasons grows! May cut back a bit not so many different things. Just the past couple season 's producers....and a fav or two.......do as you suggested.....good #'s of female/cuts.
Well, you know......essentially you get to the point where your always looking for new spots :smoke: :biglaugh: Just second nature......:smoke:
Ever run AK47 J???? I did 2 seasons back and was really impressed. This seasons didnt get as big....some neglect unfortunately.
I have, and also all shapes and forms.......(lot of AK crosses also)....I like it...performs well.....people like it (and qualities.....) Was thinking about that this year.....
What ferts do you favor J?? Amounts used???...and when?? Do you mulch??
All in thread brother....

Last edited:

ExEcutioner

Hey Jules,

I always love practical threads like this that show you what you need to know.

I have a lot on my mind but here are a few things.

So the other day i ended up talking to a minister about flipping houses and permits and what not. He said it is legal to add rooms with out permits as long as you sell the house as the number of rooms it was originally. He said to remember 3 things, refurbish, landscape, and paint.

------

I had a small indoor garden and was forced to move OD, don't think they made it even though they were buy sprinklers(don't know if sprinklers worked) (didn't have crystals when i planted either). The spot is way way to hot to check often, but its the best i could do for my location at the time. Actually it really hurts to know i could have been harvesting around this time. Anyway i think i see more spots that might work, im just a lil uneasy because i would have a hell of a time explaining why i was there, but i highly doubt anyone would see me anyway.

Well ive read the entire thread, and actually need to go back and study that off the grid bust. arround what page was that again?

Well i def want to put something into the ground and prepare for the upcoming season, i need to research my area and see how late i can plant to harvest around May? Im west coast where the rain in nil to none (sucks).

Thanks Julian, and i sent you a pm about security, i could use a lil help there. honestly, just a few p's would dramatically change my life right now.

p.s.
I also wholeheartedly agree with all your thoughts about work and this game being something on the side.

Great Thread man.

Last edited:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ExEcutioner said:
Hey Jules,
I always love practical threads like this that show you what you need to know.
Thanks man....not my thread really, I just saw some things to be added to it and did so....
So the other day i ended up talking to a minister about flipping houses and permits and what not. He said it is legal to add rooms with out permits as long as you sell the house as the number of rooms it was originally. He said to remember 3 things, refurbish, landscape, and paint.
I feel it safe to say that is incorrect....Check with local to verify anything you want to do.....topic above was off the grid improvements.....contractor will also know what requires permits and what doesn't. (Fuck man......place might want a permit just a build an unheated, unpowered storage shed....)

(As earlier....how they find out and get you is they drive looking for dumpsters....)

(Besides......adding rooms?......ehh......redoing a place usually is difficult enough without additions....)
I had a small indoor garden and was forced to move OD, don't think they made it even though they were buy sprinklers(don't know if sprinklers worked) (didn't have crystals when i planted either). The spot is way way to hot to check often, but its the best i could do for my location at the time. Actually it really hurts to know i could have been harvesting around this time. Anyway i think i see more spots that might work, im just a lil uneasy because i would have a hell of a time explaining why i was there, but i highly doubt anyone would see me anyway.
Highlighted the above......

Be thorough......and be patient...

Allow the proper situation to present itself...(ie: Simple put "pushing" vs. "going with the flow"....further translation "Things have a way of working themselves out".....)

:smoke:
Well ive read the entire thread, and actually need to go back and study that off the grid bust. around what page was that again?
Not sure which your referring to (California underground op warrant?) Not sure....maybe in the 40's somewhere?
Well i def want to put something into the ground and prepare for the upcoming season, i need to research my area and see how late i can plant to harvest around May? Im west coast where the rain in nil to none (sucks).
I believe that would be a February/March....assuming nighttime temps in line....I'd be learning the weather patterns, season, and soil....the environment your working with....
I also wholeheartedly agree with all your thoughts about work and this game being something on the side.

Great Thread man.
Thanks......jmo/view on it from what I have seen and what I know about people and the world...

Hindu Killer said:
Work to do today.....
Bout that time of year...........:smoke:

If anything better than cutting....... It's smoking the first sample of the season...........which is a feeling I think many know.....a relief beyond description......(at least for me....) Plus of course the added bonus of it signifying I will have something for next 6 months (and something nice :smoke:) and a touchable illustration we're almost there..........(Just the hint of such enough to relieve me like I haven't been in months.........)

Concerned though.........very concerned...(end of season, temps, rain, etc.....)

(Long way to go...........long way to go....not there yet....but nice to see stuff start rolling in......have nice ps......have first round gone and going on second.....each one bigger.........2 weeks and will feel even better (hell, even another week and another round ot two will feel incalculably better..:smoke:)

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Julian said:
I'm on the AF's.......will do winter fem and going to do some serious, serious numbers next year (might decide before then just to do those and have everything wrapped up mid July...who knows...all depends if I can make it up on the volume...bonus is mid July/Aug 1st is a good time as far as supply and having nice things :smoke:

I've also considered an indoor feminized seedrun this winter with an AF strain. One thing that makes me think though is reports that they have a low mold-resistance. Also timing has to be more strict unless you germinate in the field. Normal outdoor strains can easily stand for a week more than what's optimal in their small pots - but I believe (without actually having grown an auto myself...) AF plants are on a schedule and if roots are restricted they're not gonna wait for you. They'll just flower as runts and won't yield much.

blackone

Veteran
Julian said:
Truth of the matter is countless ops (Mexico,South and Central America) have been updating, changing stains, improving production and such since 70's......(But, still lacking a little as, in the end...they're not smokers.......they're not producing what one here would.....or how they would...(Call me silly, but, I personally think wise to have a consumer in charge of production for consumers....as in wine, spirit, and beer production, etc........)

Haha just got me thinking about all of the pizzerias owned by moslems. Every single one of them offers pizza with ham (or something that looks like ham) but of course it's "haram" to them and they would never eat it themselves... It's probably different in the US, since you have more Italian people than we do here in North Europe;p
Ps - I hope you don't think I'm slamming moslems or moslems running restaurants. I've eaten very very good pizza at some of those places (also very very bad at others) and every single moslem I've gotten to know personally has been a nice person. I just thought it was funny that they're willing to sell something they find dirty:)

Last edited:
V

vod

Finally the sun is out. 3rd good beautiful day after a month of shit weather. I hope it stays nice for a while, but forecast says two more nice days and then back to cold and rain every day :/ Gotta check out more forecasts.
Some of my plants (ones on the slope) went yellow. I think I need to feed them more next year. I gave them some liquid and some time release ferts.
Half of the lot should be ready by end September, the other half some time in October. At least all is blooming (except the Thai Haze x Skunk#1 male :biglaugh: ). Unfortunately I missed one male and have one plant fully seeded and four with some seeds in the very first calyxes. I wasn't at the spot from mid july till mid august. Another mistake. But it's getting exciting now. And interesting to see the different strains perform. One thing apart from mold thats worrying me is that I have four serious trees. They will still grow and the surrounding vegetation will start losing foliage... But they will be gone before the forest gets naked... phew.
We don't have choppers looking for outdoor weed, but a lot of air traffic and the other day some idiot pilot told the cops he spotted some ganja plants in a stinging nettle field :/ My plants are scattered and under trees, so I don't worry about that, but I would love to take a flight with a chopper, look for spots, plants etc. Must be a great view. On a day like today - perfect.
I wish you all a good, safe and successful autumn.

Btw. Best pizza I had in 2008 was in an Italian restaurant run by Turks in Amsterdam. Probably the best pizza I had since I was in Rome and Palermo last time. Absolutely perfect. Here where I live now, there are loads of Italians and Italian restaurants but all the pizza is not how it should be. Strange.

And I have something nice as well: Satori
Much smaller than yours J :smoke: and not from the outdoors, but I'm very pleased with that weed.

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Oh yeah that's the Satori vod:) Definitely not the best bag-appeal in the world, not the sweetest smoke but MMmmmmm does she make you fly when you roll up, and the stretch and yield is perfect - managable if you top her and easy to grow large plants with just a little veg.

Actually the best pizza I've had in a long time is from an Iranian guy who worked at a pizzeria in Italy for some time. He uses only primo ingredients for EVERYTHING. No screwing around with cheap cheese lookalike products, low-quality processed meat, tasteless crust etc. Just pure heaven :) Very expensive compared to the cheap pizza places popping up everywhere like mushrooms but maaan it's worth it.
I have 2 Italian pizza places close to where I live. 1 is a mark or 2 above the average pizzeria, while the other is really really good also.
What it all comes down to is loving what you do, and investing part of yourself in it - it doesn't matter what color or nationality you are. If you just open a pizzeria to have a place to launder money and don't have the FOCUS on what you're serving your customers then you will be serving shit - and as a customer you even risk a serious stomach-ache or worse.

Same thing for weed - if you don't love the plant and the product then i will bet WHATEVER that you'll get tempted just vacuum-packing moldy failed harvests and shipping them off.

Last edited:

Hindu Killer

Veteran
We've all probaboy read at some point or another in our quest for pot growing knowledge, how well a stream bank works. I know I have, but that is as far as it went, never tryed it untill this season. Looking to simplyfie the water demands issue. Any way put 10/15 AK47 seedling that were about a 3wks old in a ditch. Got down low and hid them well. Problem was..its a trek back to them, so didnt get back in time to cull the males. Didnt think they would live etc, thought probably dug up etc. Anyway....got back to them and had 6 footers reaching for the sky. These were planted in mid July mind you. 8wks roughly. When I put them in I was saying to myself this will change the way you grow from here on in...and bam.......

One only needs put them in fert,camo water good. Then come back and tie them down, could wade the ditch the whole way not leaveing a trail..etc. These AKs are full of seed will F4's at this point I belive, tied them down, ferted and will go back in Mid oct for the bounty.

If i had put some of the larger plants out like this Id have some huge trees!

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Back to work.

I cut and pasted the above and have replies I did when I had a second and, frankly, have quite a bit to add about various things...some more about partnerships..people, psychology, selection......plants....some new firm developments and things I am going to do, etc...(To those who have been with whole thread, will remember me talking about wanting to dig something special up and keep as a mother, etc, well.....last of that (pink lemon strain), and, going to dig up several :smoke:....(quite different pheno's actually......one makes m think isn't S1...that it got crossed with something, and, aside from lacking the pink pistils...could even be fuckin better :smoke:....)

Last edited:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
blackone said:
One thing that makes me think though is reports that they have a low mold-resistance.

Also timing has to be more strict unless you germinate in the field. Normal outdoor strains can easily stand for a week more than what's optimal in their small pots - but I believe (without actually having grown an auto myself...)

AF plants are on a schedule and if roots are restricted they're not gonna wait for you. They'll just flower as runts and won't yield much.
The second issue not something that would concern me due to what methods I would utilize, but, the first issue something I have actually discussed at least a dozen times with people and same issues due to flower period/time of season/weather....which, in the end, is nothing one can really get around if in a high humidity environment...ie: We discussed earlier, mid season, slightly later, etc, and, all periods of season which would find them in flower basically an issue, but, in a more open environment, (which is the bonus and what they lend themselves to), the increased pure sun an wind/circulation...might help to control that .......(I've had same issues in city/urban spots.....same humidity and rain and forest spots, but, heavy sun an wind and never a gram of mold from thousands of plants, so..(and, all fairly large and tight most of the time due to all the sun....so....

Going into the above shortly.........yes, I do have a concern, and am aware of potential problems...but, think method and approach might be able to control it....

Will be prepared when time comes to address and keep a close eye on them....

vod said:
Some of my plants (ones on the slope) went yellow. I think I need to feed them more next year. I gave them some liquid and some time release ferts.
Could be the heavy rains also...depends on what you fed them to start with, and how, etc........Heavy rains will bring it..(yellowing....essentially a flush.....)

Heavier rains I try to hit whatever I visit with an extra top feed and also a stronger liquid mix.....in some cases has worked....kept them up...in other cases (way too much rain) hasn't made a difference, and nothing I could do...but, seems to pick up fairly well once he rains stopped....)

Know lot of people have had significant problems this season..........significant.....
My plants are scattered and under trees, so I don't worry about that, but I would love to take a flight with a chopper, look for spots, plants etc. Must be a great view. On a day like today - perfect.
You should......(not really expensive...)...You'll learn a lot.......will change everything you know, and everything you think you know....

(The fun part?.....every time it will :smoke:)
Satori
Much smaller than yours J :smoke: and not from the outdoors, but I'm very pleased with that weed.
I love cutting and drying.....(out or in.....).........a great relief :smoke:......

blackone said:
Same thing for weed - if you don't love the plant and the product then i will bet WHATEVER that you'll get tempted just vacuum-packing moldy failed harvests and shipping them off.
You know....it's much more than that......much more, and, kind of what I was referencing above.....(non smokers producing and packaging........etc...)

Lot of people....lot of groups....not only don't they know their green.............but they don't understand it either....

Moldy?......fuck, I know fuckin growers who don't even understand the basics of it....

I've known growers who knowingly threw it into their bags....(Because too cheap...didn't want to throw something away......didn't understand would contaminate other product.......didn't understand it isn't acceptable product...and on and on.....)

Did they "love it"..(product or growing..)

NNNnnnope.

It's not because they didn't love it through.........it's because they didn't understand it..:smoke:

(It again actually goes back to knowledge, common sense.........defective, inferior product?.....not good for business, and, in the end, actually costs you more than makes you more...

Pizza......what's funny is most of he "great" places in US, most employees are Mexican :biglaugh:......

Hindu Killer said:
We've all probaboy read at some point or another in our quest for pot growing knowledge, how well a stream bank works. I know I have, but that is as far as it went, never tryed it untill this season. Looking to simplyfie the water demands issue.
Always several downfalls to work around and be aware of.....but, the higher water alone (and how far it extends into land) always a bonus....

(My concerns are passer by's, boats, canoes and such.....followed by bad years and flooding (ie: You look for water line to see previous seasons flood levels......followed by them flying rivers and streams.....)
Any way put 10/15 AK47 seedling that were about a 3wks old in a ditch. Got down low and hid them well. Problem was..its a trek back to them, so didnt get back in time to cull the males. Didnt think they would live etc, thought probably dug up etc. Anyway....got back to them and had 6 footers reaching for the sky. These were planted in mid July mind you. 8wks roughly. When I put them in I was saying to myself this will change the way you grow from here on in...and bam.......
Sounds like you "talked yourself out of it"....no reason to believe they wouldn't turn out well....:smoke:

Now, I can tell you also I personally wouldn't use any of the stock....(Were they solid M/F's?......hermie(s).....unless I see hem all with my own eyes, can't be sue what is what, so.....
One only needs put them in fert,camo water good. Then come back and tie them down, could wade the ditch the whole way not leaveing a trail..etc. These AKs are full of seed will F4's at this point I belive, tied them down, ferted and will go back in Mid oct for the bounty.

If i had put some of the larger plants out like this Id have some huge trees!
Hope all turns out well, stock is good and a good spot for next season...:smoke:

(I've had some problems this season.....missed male here, hermie there, etc, and, lot of stock I am just going to have to toss....very disappointing actually....)

V

vod

Could be the heavy rains also...depends on what you fed them to start with, and how, etc........Heavy rains will bring it..(yellowing....essentially a flush.....)

Heavier rains I try to hit whatever I visit with an extra top feed and also a stronger liquid mix.....in some cases has worked....kept them up...in other cases (way too much rain) hasn't made a difference, and nothing I could do...but, seems to pick up fairly well once he rains stopped....)

Know lot of people have had significant problems this season..........significant.....

Flush was the first thing I thought when I saw them. I hit them with top feed and a strong liquid mix but still lost one - completely yellowed out and died. It was the earliest flowering girl. The rest are fine, but yield will be somewhat disappointing (on the ones that didn't get completely pollinated :badday:)
But I'm sure rain and slope not the only contributors to this issue. The slope holes are in heavy clay and I think I didn't dig/feed/amend enough (used indoor soil, coco, handful of crystals, handful of time release blue fert). Girls standing in big holes and nicer native soil are four times bigger.

I love cutting and drying.....(out or in.....).........a great relief ......

I'm sure we all do :D

I didn't bring in anything of significance yet. Just one small fully seeded girl and some bubble material. All the big ones still need about a month (or more). Some smaller, earlier ones will be ready in a week or two. When I have them in I'll be relieved (but probably not very happy with the weight). I got spooked by the weather forecasts earlier this week, but now it looks all good: no mold, no rain, some sunshine (a couple hours every day, today maybe even full sun), just cold at night (6C) so we have some nice coloring on the plants. I might still hit my target by end October despite the setbacks.

But for the next year I want something that will be ready in first week of September - Guerilla Gold looks good.

Amazing how much one learns in the first season :smoke:
Next year new spots open up since I know now how big the plants get depending on planting and prep.

It's a month since I saw my riverside "minis" (that got slightly too big :D) and wonder how they are. I planted them at the 2nd of july and one of them got big enough to be seen from the other bank. I should have planted them a couple weeks later... and many more of them.

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
vod said:
Flush was the first thing I thought when I saw them. I hit them with top feed and a strong liquid mix but still lost one - completely yellowed out and died. It was the earliest flowering girl. The rest are fine, but yield will be somewhat disappointing (on the ones that didn't get completely pollinated :badday:)
But I'm sure rain and slope not the only contributors to this issue. The slope holes are in heavy clay and I think I didn't dig/feed/amend enough (used indoor soil, coco, handful of crystals, handful of time release blue fert). Girls standing in big holes and nicer native soil are four times bigger.
Ahhhhhhh....I've done heavy clay hillsides.....

Well, even if prepped.....if heavy enough it's still basically like a cup anyway, so...add no drainage......(I've had issues with that when doing clay hillside spots.....hole was fine...surrounding was too heavy clay.......ie: bigger hole might help.....choosing planting and strain and such....ie: that location for quicker earlier things in bigger hole, etc.......I haven't done those spots mentioned, but, will definitely again cause great spots..ie: security wise.....exposure wise....access...etc......so....was thinking about exact same myself and possible alternative approaches.....
I'm sure we all do :D
Well, you know....I meant more though , like, what it represents......than what it is in itself..(maybe you meant the same though :smoke:)....well.....what it represents and nice ps also :biglaugh: (I'm a fuckin happy guy with unlimited hardcore ps.......who isn't :biglaugh:, but, you know...since I essentially don't have anything for 6+/- months out of every year.....you know....(as earlier...as always....I grab stuff from partners and such who go slow, hoard, keep on hand, etc....something here, something there...but, you know.....I don't like having to ask for anything anyway...cause they always give me shit :biglaugh: (and I only ask for a little at a time, and hey give me shit about why not just take a bunch cause I know I will need it anyway :biglaugh:)
I didn't bring in anything of significance yet. Just one small fully seeded girl and some bubble material. All the big ones still need about a month (or more). Some smaller, earlier ones will be ready in a week or two. When I have them in I'll be relieved (but probably not very happy with the weight). I got spooked by the weather forecasts earlier this week, but now it looks all good: no mold, no rain, some sunshine (a couple hours every day, today maybe even full sun), just cold at night (6C) so we have some nice coloring on the plants. I might still hit my target by end October despite the setbacks.
Well, don't forget......weather?...check twice daily (morning and night)....it changes by the hour...(go long man,....extended forecast....14 days...gives you better idea also about scheduling and such too....at least helps me out a lot as far as scheduling....a lot man....seriously..)

I had a lot of problems with males and hermies and such this year.....(which translates into crew......so.....is what it is.....bad enough plots destroyed (seed), which I wouldn't mind if I knew the sources and parents and such......but...if uncertain, I mean, makes stock worthless...which fuckin kills me.....ie: no "back end"......if good stock?.......fine.....I always am glad to have more :smoke:......)

Star keeping an eye on weather.........daily....a good stretch?.....a good stretch of weather can change everything :smoke:...
But for the next year I want something that will be ready in first week of September - Guerilla Gold looks good.
Try the Marocs....came in starting Aug 1st for me.....lot of things are late September also.....thinking of something else I saw that was mid September...can't recall...was reading not too long ago and a little surprised.....

You know.....I'd be glad to find more things that I can trigger by 24/0-out....
Amazing how much one learns in the first season :smoke:
Next year new spots open up since I know now how big the plants get depending on planting and prep.
Amazing how much one can learn every season :smoke:

If your first....congratulations.....:smoke: You had problems?....congratulations :smoke: You have more ideas?........want to do things differently?...different methods?....different spots?.......Congratulations...

What it's all about.....:smoke: (Seriously.....how can on learn adaptability and flexibility if no problems and don't do different things?....)

Getting a handle on the above
btw (planting times , prep, soil, etc) will also help you to better plant locations/plots btw :smoke: (ie: Good idea what is going to finish at what size and how to space them, where to put them, etc...)
It's a month since I saw my riverside "minis" (that got slightly too big :D) and wonder how they are. I planted them at the 2nd of july and one of them got big enough to be seen from the other bank. I should have planted them a couple weeks later... and many more of them.
And many more of them he says :biglaugh:..........

Yeah man........July 1st?.........mini's?......NNNnnnnnnnnnnah. :smoke:.......I've planted 1 ft'ers July 1st and had 6 footers(+/-) by July 31st.......

Many areas...July is your month.........July is a gauge for what is coming overall......July performance a major indicator......mini's last week July more or less (but, again....you know, everything is so strain dependent.......can't forget complete overview.....1st Sativa leaning late July probably still going to get a little larger than one wants if shooting for mini's.......(and, some things might stay too small depending on what they are........so.....)

If you ask me?.....................

Large ones........mini's........clay heavy hillsides?.........first season?......

:biglaugh:

And many more of them he says :biglaugh:....

And first season....:smoke:

Bad news is......it gets worse...

Good news?.........well, fuck man....the good news is it gets much better also :smoke:....
Good luck everyone.
Amen man........we're there...........you can fuckin smell it.,.........can see it...........we're there........

All comes down to now....(for those who plan next when planting current?.....culmination of 12 months work....

Worst time of year for me........won't sleep a full night for next 4 weeks........cutting schedules being established (and revised daily).............

I readily join you in the above..........we're here......May all have good weather.........good fortune....safety........

45 days max I would think for majority............6 weeks.........

6 weeks is a blink of an eye....(fuck....for me?.....6 "days" :biglaugh:.....(waking up to going to sleep :smoke:....)

And......in the process.....sure not alone when working over next year as we speak :biglaugh:.......

I wrote something else haven't posted yet.........despite all problems this year...desire to end so can flip to next immediately......it's become "more fun" for me than has been in a long, long time..........fun...challenge.....enjoyable...positive...etc......

Last edited:
V

vod

Ahhhhhhh....I've done heavy clay hillsides.....

Well, even if prepped.....if heavy enough it's still basically like a cup anyway, so...add no drainage......(I've had issues with that when doing clay hillside spots.....hole was fine...surrounding was too heavy clay.......ie: bigger hole might help.....choosing planting and strain and such....ie: that location for quicker earlier things in bigger hole, etc.......I haven't done those spots mentioned, but, will definitely again cause great spots..ie: security wise.....exposure wise....access...etc......so....was thinking about exact same myself and possible alternative approaches.....

Very nice spot in that regard in my case. security wise.....exposure wise....access...
And I'm sure I can loosen up that clay til next year. If can use it again, it'll be no problem making it much nicer than this time.

Well, you know....I meant more though , like, what it represents......than what it is in itself..(maybe you meant the same though )....well.....what it represents and nice ps also (I'm a fuckin happy guy with unlimited hardcore ps.......who isn't , but, you know...since I essentially don't have anything for 6+/- months out of every year.....you know....(as earlier...as always....I grab stuff from partners and such who go slow, hoard, keep on hand, etc....something here, something there...but, you know.....I don't like having to ask for anything anyway...cause they always give me shit (and I only ask for a little at a time, and hey give me shit about why not just take a bunch cause I know I will need it anyway )

I hate asking for weed and an unlimited ps is indeed a very sweet thing :D
I meant the same, though for me cutting indoor is different than outdoor. Represents different things and it's a different kind of relief.
My cfl grow supplies the ps. 170W of cfl flo covers my needs, leaves with a few gifts for ppl and allows for some hobby play with the plants. I just love to watch them grow and see all the shapes and structures and differences. Every evening before going to bed I light a spliff and smoke with "my children" :biglaugh:
Outdoor gets me a bit paranoid on the other hand...

Well, don't forget......weather?...check twice daily (morning and night)....it changes by the hour...(go long man,....extended forecast....14 days...gives you better idea also about scheduling and such too....at least helps me out a lot as far as scheduling....a lot man....seriously..)

I had a lot of problems with males and hermies and such this year.....(which translates into crew......so.....is what it is.....bad enough plots destroyed (seed), which I wouldn't mind if I knew the sources and parents and such......but...if uncertain, I mean, makes stock worthless...which fuckin kills me.....ie: no "back end"......if good stock?.......fine.....I always am glad to have more ......)

Star keeping an eye on weather.........daily....a good stretch?.....a good stretch of weather can change everything ...

I check daily the 1 week and the 16 days. And I look at the sky. Full sun today :D Very good. Each day nicer forecast and much nicer weather. Just cold. But as long as it's sunny I won't bitch about the cold.

I feel you on the worthless stock.

I will utilize mine. Just one big early male. Not a hermi, just my mistake when judging primordia. One step in acclimatizing. I will test it for sure next year. Might turn out nice. A lot of Maroc in it. Both mother and father half Maroc so I hope for an early finish.

And if it turns out worthless I'll throw a handful here and there. See how they fare in the urban wild :smoke:

But still it's fucked up to have so many plants fully seeded :/ I was lucky that all the big ones didn't properly start flowering until when I tossed the male.

Try the Marocs....came in starting Aug 1st for me.....lot of things are late September also.....thinking of something else I saw that was mid September...can't recall...was reading not too long ago and a little surprised.....

You know.....I'd be glad to find more things that I can trigger by 24/0-out....

Dunno if FMS opens up again some time before next season. Might be a good idea to run some Maroc. A lot of people in Poland grow Maroc. I was gifted some crosses and now made some more...
There is a lot of early stuff. But what is the quality?

That 24/0-out triggering is very promising indeed. I was sexing before putting out this year so didn't check it out... but would like to do it with the maroc (and/or x's) next time. let me know if you find some more :smoke:

And many more of them he says ..........

I knew you will like it :smoke: And it's true.

Yeah man........July 1st?.........mini's?......NNNnnnnnnnnnnah. .......I've planted 1 ft'ers July 1st and had 6 footers(+/-) by July 31st.......

Many areas...July is your month.........July is a gauge for what is coming overall......July performance a major indicator......mini's last week July more or less (but, again....you know, everything is so strain dependent.......can't forget complete overview.....1st Sativa leaning late July probably still going to get a little larger than one wants if shooting for mini's.......(and, some things might stay too small depending on what they are........so.....)

Now I know it first hand.
I visited them at the 14th and said: we'll have to tie them down in august :biglaugh:

I'll definitively explore the minis technique more.

Large ones........mini's........clay heavy hillsides?.........first season?......

Test grow. Locations, planting dates, holes, strains. I just wish I did more and hope it ends good.

about wanting to dig something special up and keep as a mother, etc, well.....last of that (pink lemon strain), and, going to dig up several ....(quite different pheno's actually......one makes m think isn't S1...that it got crossed with something, and, aside from lacking the pink pistils...could even be fuckin better ....)
it's become "more fun" for me than has been in a long, long time..........fun...challenge.....enjoyable...positive...etc......

Getting into breeding now?

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
vod said:
Very nice spot in that regard in my case. security wise.....exposure wise....access...
And I'm sure I can loosen up that clay til next year. If can use it again, it'll be no problem making it much nicer than this time.
Well, see.......the hillsides, most of the time I expect the opposite....too much drainage........(assuming good soil)...and, of course the other aspect is you can plant near the bottoms.....or, if not extreme rainfall, at the bottom and moisture is good.......I mean......overall happy, but, as you see......bad stretch of weather comes in can cause a lot of problems and throw everything out of whack....(When I did those spots mentioned.....fairly steep, so, made of point of making "shelf's"....etc...to catch some when it's probably the last thing I needed :biglaugh:....In my case, probably would have been better to fully prep, dump complete mi in (I used native as base.....was still too clay heavy.....) ....If was goin to do again (will :smoke:)....would make a lot of changes but would depend on what I was running also.....Actually spots performed great until maybe mid August and went downhill from there, so...that leaves a lot to work with :smoke:
I hate asking for weed and an unlimited ps is indeed a very sweet thing :D
I meant the same, though for me cutting indoor is different than outdoor. Represents different things and it's a different kind of relief.
My cfl grow supplies the ps. 170W of cfl flo covers my needs, leaves with a few gifts for ppl and allows for some hobby play with the plants. I just love to watch them grow and see all the shapes and structures and differences. Every evening before going to bed I light a spliff and smoke with "my children"
Outdoor gets me a bit paranoid on the other hand...
Well, and, to clarify...I mean.......there are things...I have things...etc... Just not the hardcore... so......not always the same across the board depending on what I have going on.....but, that's my general pattern, and, I mean.....anyone basically gives me double or more what I ask for and would still more.....but, I just don't like asking ....(1-2 my guys are like..."Dude...just grab the spare key , walk in and take whatever you want, whenever you want" kind of deal :smoke:.....so.......(This year actually lot of bubble was on hand.....so....I was smoking that for quite a while......I can deal with "regular"...(commercial, lime, seedless, nice) if sprinkled with bubble :smoke:....

(For me lot of different angles also...... I want everything away from me asap...combined with smoking too much (until maybe New Years).....and then it's he "Oh man....I have to ease up"..... so best way is to even clear out all ps and then I just can't :smoke:...
I check daily the 1 week and the 16 days. And I look at the sky. Full sun today Very good. Each day nicer forecast and much nicer weather. Just cold. But as long as it's sunny I won't bitch about the cold.

I feel you on the worthless stock.

I will utilize mine. Just one big early male. Not a hermi, just my mistake when judging primordia. One step in acclimatizing. I will test it for sure next year. Might turn out nice. A lot of Maroc in it. Both mother and father half Maroc so I hope for an early finish.

And if it turns out worthless I'll throw a handful here and there. See how they fare in the urban wild

But still it's fucked up to have so many plants fully seeded I was lucky that all the big ones didn't properly start flowering until when I tossed the male.
Hmmmm.....more fun.......Didn't even think about that :biglaugh: (But...........But...on second thought I wouldn't want to be throwing it anywhere (everywhere?) because, after all.........could be other people growing nearby....so......could then hit them heavy.......seed them up (and stock worthless), so..........I'm already prepping certain people on: "Do not use any seed from this"....

Yeah...if your on forecast.......interesting to see how it change, etc......this time of year above all others have to be.......helps determine when to cut, when to leave, when to get in there, etc, etc......

Not my area of expertise......but, yeah, would think Maroc would quicken anything up a little....(or, might not also.....different traits passed on, etc....but, would think throwing something early/sensitive in fairly large portion of stock would come in quicker..(and then one work through to further select, etc....)

I was surprised (with quality)......(as I have been with the PPP......good spots...good sun......nice wind and the PPP comes out very nice and preferred by a lot of people...... I like it myself actually.....)
Dunno if FMS opens up again some time before next season. Might be a good idea to run some Maroc. A lot of people in Poland grow Maroc. I was gifted some crosses and now made some more...
There is a lot of early stuff. But what is the quality?
I thought was nice considering.........and being so early.....was not bad at all (granted, I didn't hold onto much and smoke it as much as other things......but...complete picture (early, nice).....will run it again if available...

Opens?...I didn't know they were closed....:biglaugh: (But I do know I haven't really seen any stock anywhere, for a while, so.......figured something was going on.....)

I've talked to people about doing runs in Poland :smoke:.....
I knew you will like it :smoke: And it's true.
I did:biglaugh:.......always true brother...always....
Now I know it first hand.
I visited them at the 14th and said: we'll have to tie them down in august

I'll definitively explore the minis technique more.
Which is what it is.......sometimes your too early (too big).....sometimes a little too late.(too small)......lot of different things (strains)......touch and go a lot of the time till one "gets it down"......

Was talking to someone earlier who runs he same things often about staggering the planting times to see how they finish up......same thing, 4 different weeks, etc...get a good idea what will finish when and how, etc.......
Getting into breeding now?
Nah man.........the 2 necessarily not connected.....but.......I have/do/am feel much stronger about keeping some of thee moms due to overall picture (it's not readily available...almost gone....and fuckin astounding......)

I've done a lot of things......a lot of times.........but, these?....this stuff?......nah...I have to keep it....I have to run it again.......can't lose it ...Just too nice across the board......

I don't keep these mothers......it's done...it's gone...(have a couple seeds left.....)

I wouldn't consider a couple crosses here and there "breeding"...at this point just concerned with not losing it forever....which is going to happen unless I step up and do something about it quick, so....

(Not to mention, not mine in the first place...so....)

I dunno man........worst year (season) of my entire life......a crew that I've started calling "The 3 Stooges" :biglaugh: (Well, technically, not that competent or reliable )....I don't know......don't know what sparked it...or why....but......mannnnn, I fuckin love this game.....

Maybe , as discussed....I needed a whole fuckin shitload of bad to appreciate the good :biglaugh:...Maybe what it is.....what it was......

Couple moments this year working in pouring rain......covered with mud, sweat (and blood.....literally) head to toe.....and.......that's the feeling man.......at least for me.......I'm the happiest.......I love it....what it's all about.......(I remember one conversation with someone at such a time......and, mind you....no poncho's for me :biglaugh: I'm in a t shirt :biglaugh:.....

You know......could try to explain all day long to someone.......but......have the feeling people here get it :smoke:...know the "feeling"....

Pouring rain....mud.......sweat......blood flowing....

Tried telling the guy savor it.........

Being "close to nature"? :biglaugh:

Me?........Fuck.........I don't get closer than that :smoke:

(Not to mention.....it's "work" in the truest sense of the word also...compensation, etc.......)

I don't know man....all I know is haven't felt this "excited".....(not a word I use :biglaugh:)......this optimistic........in a long time....

Maybe a lot of it was here also.......things discussed.....sharing and thinking about things myself.....

Haven't kept/maintained mothers long term in years and years.......haven't run AF's (but been watching and planning for years...)...maybe that's yet another angle.....(Moving on things have been in the works for long time......ie: No more waiting.....time to go...which is a great feeling also......)

One of my current people is the epitome of negativity....maybe just a reaction to stress, etc....but, you know...this game?.....:biglaugh: Positive I think mandatory....Too much shit to dwell on...too many things to go wrong.....and it never stops..(until cut :smoke:)

Maybe?........

Well, maybe in my quest to show people anything is possible?..........

Maybe I reminded myself :smoke:.....

Bad season, sub standard crew.....bad here, bad there...problems here, problems there......

Oh welllllllll :biglaugh:

Next year is already on.......(plus I have more locations available for upcoming season than I have in a long time.........so ..........more...........bigger.......more options..)

Enough to make me happy......

Anyway..................

Yeah man.......

"Fun" :biglaugh:......

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, the special thing......
Okay......now that they are well into flower.....recently walked through one of the spots where I know some were.....and, since above (well into flowering)...got a good look at exactly what it there, what they are, characteristics, etc, and, a little to my disappointment...nah...not S1's......Looks like I am working with Pink x Sour Bubble, Pink x PPP, and maybe some pure, and maybe something else........

Originals were, besides pink pistils, leaves thinner, buds rock hard and solid, chunky, average maybe 6 feet more or less, and while in flower (outside...rowing)....heavy lemon menthol, which dried and cured into fresh lemon....

Some 9-10 feet, basketball fans, and could tell the heaviest of storms (which split a couple other things right in half) merely gave them a little shake :smoke: (chainsaw necessary to bring her down...)......still has he lemon menthol and formation ..but those were a little too early to get a better idea......Pink x BOG SB...well, between he 2....it will be very nice.....so..not giving it a second thought......(Can't dig those up though, way, wayy too large...wondering if I can try and get some cut off them asap...if will work this late (those maybe 3 weeks in.....look like another 5-6 let more or less.....just starting to fill in/filling in.....)

More interesting though was the Pink/ PPP's...Christmas tree......large fans..filled out very well (not quite "baby arms" but, filled out well).........rock solid, heavy, heavy resin, looks like retained bit of PPP structure as far as buds, but, still has hat menthol lemon to it..(and more resin than PPP...)

Selection of others that can't quite place it..(But, as above...have an idea now what they might have been hit with.......)...

(I'm actually assuming they were hit due to the variation shown this round not shown previously......which could just be a variation of it's line/mothers and fathers, etc...but, first round was fairly uniform, so...to see now a wide variance of size and structure and smell?...assuming they were hit..(I assumed many were the SB actually until they started flowering, so........)

I really want to keep several of the nicest ones.........(Just the thought alone of being able to run some serious numbers of that makes me......well......dare I say "excited" again? :biglaugh: (twice in one day.....:biglaugh:....)

Yeah....would like to get some close up shots of some of those......get the big ones shaved down...(late in though,.....not sue I could shave her down and it would work.........)

Not sure....could grab the moms........grow em out....shave em down and then do a fem run of them......

Could grow them out....shave a little, and hope for a male or more among the couple seeds left..(but now know hoe couple could be anything, as I have now seen.....plus then I would have to make sure true male/females from those couple before using them.....and of course then would end up with a load, but all M/F stock.....which would be nice but not what I really need or want.......At least a large fem run could have something to work with and at the same time enough to ensure something could be done later.....

Not sure how to proceed.......will be thinking about it and talking to people more well versed on such than I.....

Not to mention.........(excited again :biglaugh:....)....Last week of Sept finish....:smoke:....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts