What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Outdoor

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Hey this sounds dumb, not my first rodeo, but I haven't bought weed in decades. What does craft and mid grade weed sell for in Mass? I checked out priceofweed.com and a few others and it's all over the place. Just curious to get the straight scoop.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Maybe I'm jumping the gun but who is starting their indoor gardens now that outdoor season is about finished?

Here are mine.
Tony's Gorilla Bubble Bx4 in Hempy buckets at about 3.5 - 4 weeks.
View Image
Those are all looking good! I'm still waiting for my "autoflowers" to finish. I do have 1 liberty haze seedling going, I wanted to try some topping and maybe get some trellis netting and make a simple scrog.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
"Legal" medical/rec. isn't readily available here where I am but grey and black market prices seem to range from 200-maybe 400 / oz. The same bag of weed may go for 250 to one customer but 250-350 to the next. Some are willing to pay more.

Prices are always less for locals, always more for tourists and I imagine with the influx of outdoor buds, the tourists finally going home, college kids leaving for school and people growing their own, prices will drop in the next few weeks.

Mids seem to be in the 150 -250 range, again depending on the customer.

Extracts from 20-30 /gr.

Quality vape cartridges going for 50 for one , two for 85.

Top quality, craft grown "hard to get" bags go towards the top end at 350-400 and will maintain their price compared to lower quality product.

Just what I'm seeing here. Other's experiences elsewhere will certainly differ.

Hey this sounds dumb, not my first rodeo, but I haven't bought weed in decades. What does craft and mid grade weed sell for in Mass? I checked out priceofweed.com and a few others and it's all over the place. Just curious to get the straight scoop.

JOJO420

Veteran
"Legal" medical/rec. isn't readily available here where I am but grey and black market prices seem to range from 200-maybe 400 / oz. The same bag of weed may go for 250 to one customer but 250-350 to the next. Some are willing to pay more.

Prices are always less for locals, always more for tourists and I imagine with the influx of outdoor buds, the tourists finally going home, college kids leaving for school and people growing their own, prices will drop in the next few weeks.

Mids seem to be in the 150 -250 range, again depending on the customer.

Extracts from 20-30 /gr.

Quality vape cartridges going for 50 for one , two for 85.

Top quality, craft grown "hard to get" bags go towards the top end at 350-400 and will maintain their price compared to lower quality product.

Just what I'm seeing here. Other's experiences elsewhere will certainly differ.
Wow that's crazy prices. Here you can get single oz for $50-100 bucks.
Whole pounds are as low as $750
Game sure has changed.

Stinkhorn123

None of you Ma. Outdoor growers are dealing with the dreaded Leaf Spot? Here in the Berkshire's were getting hammered with it. We had a frost Sept 1st and In years past that had slowed it down but this year no luck

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Wow that's crazy prices. Here you can get single oz for $50-100 bucks.
Whole pounds are as low as $750
Game sure has changed.

People in this biz around here would be piss poor if they lived where you are. Lol.

Here where i'm from an oz ranges anywhere from $150 (low grade/ brick/ seedy bud) to $340 (High grade/ medical quality). Getting $5000 per lb is no problem around here for high grade. That's not wholesale price on lb but its still easy to make. Wholesale would run around $3200.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
So I scoped the girls today just to see where they are at. So the 2 Random indicas and both white widows are all pretty much the same all trichomes are nice and cloudy/milky just waiting for Amber, I am guessing 2 weeks. The MLI are starting to plump up and the trichomes are only about half cloudy half clear still so I am guessing 4 weeks. The MLI is funny, it is supposed to be an almost pure indica yet expresses a lot of sativa characteristic while growing like it's thinner leaves, very tall, and longer flower time. Preying for no mold or anything bad. This outdoor is far more stressful than indoor. I feel like you're constantly under attack.
Be easy and have a great week:woohoo::dance013::tiphat:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Clones from the same plant will share the same dna which is a genotype. 2 clones from the same plant one grown in hydro the other in soil will look like different plants. The environment determines which genes activate creating a phenotype.

My blue cheese 80% indica did the same thing this year, started off with fat indica huge leaves, then the weather cleared up and it started making skinnier like hybrid leaves.

Last edited:

Green Squall

Weird, wet weather the last few days. The coast has been enveloped by fog and mist, while a couple miles away its sun and blue sky. Need some sun to dry them out!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
My problem with organics outdoor is it brings the critters that like to dig it up and eat it.

We had that issue in the 2014 guerilla grow we did. Almost lost 2 plants due to raccoons digging around the entire rootball in the 45gln growbags. Had to get 2 whole bags to replace the soil it took out.
We ended up putting cages around the bags and that was that.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
None of you Ma. Outdoor growers are dealing with the dreaded Leaf Spot? Here in the Berkshire's were getting hammered with it. We had a frost Sept 1st and In years past that had slowed it down but this year no luck

No. Not in Western Mass.
We are dealing with varacious caterpillers . They are everywhere this year! Next year its cheesecloth, like a greenhouse, to protect from moths, and a big ole' bug zapper near the perimeter of the garden where the light wont hit any of the plants. Other than the Cats', we are having a perfect year as far as bugs and pests go.

cureious

I am not sure if all of you saw c00k1eFunk's thread on Greencure, https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=345669 , so I thought I'd alert y'all to it. I hope this helps. Good job bud, thanks.

At 42N... I have always checked on all my plants, every morning, and every late afternoon/early evening. Not only because I enjoy tending my plants, but my grandparents pounded it home it allows you to become intimately familiar with your plant, enabling you to identify any issues almost as soon as they happen. Magnifying glass is a great tool.

PMD - Once flower starts, I prefer to water early morning to avoid moisture build up during the night. Still waiting for the high temps to subside to remove more mulch from the plant base. I have been been picking off leaves that show signs. Usually just a few here and there, but if I see a spot, it's gone. I usually let the leaves rot at the base of my plants to mulch/return nutrients to my soil, but these go in the fire pit. So far so good, but I do have baking soda at the ready for battle f needed. I'd rather use a safe food grade resource before I try an increasingly stronger approach.

Worms/caterpillars - I have been fortunate so far, and find them that night, or next morning. I have killed about a dozen, and inspect EVERY bud on every plant morning, and night, and sometimes in between. Immediately at their death, I inspect that entire branch system, as well as branch systems in the direct vicinity. Since I check my plants twice a day at the minimum, I notice immediately if there is 1 brown bud trim leaf, inspect the bud and remove it. So far I have only lost three 1 gram sized buds from middle to lower of plants.

When I plant outside using organics, I line the bottom of each hole with chicken wire, so that I have enough to wrap up around the plant and tie in more chicken wire up higher all around the plant to protect and support as it grows. If you have Mole issues, place ALUMINUM screen for windows on top of the chicken wire already on the bottom of the hole.

I have pruned my plants steadily throughout the seasons to train them in preparation for flowering, knowing once buds start forming, moisture/humidity is our enemy. This allows for better air circulation throughout the plant's structure, and bring more life to the buds. I am a believer the fan leaves are are an important life source to the plant, so I don't remove them except for the ones on the stalk at flower time.

I hope everyone who has not already prepared for high winds, gets er done ASAP. Prior to the pending 2 days of rain, I may do a moderate top dressing of worm castings, kelp meal, 0-13-0 bat guano, sul-po-mag. After the rain ends, I plan to shake the water off the branches. When the plants tell me they are thirsty again, I'll give them a triple dose of high phosphorous organic tea. Lately they have been doing 5 gallons each every morning to every other morning.

Getting ready to get the step ladder out to check the tops and work my way down :D

No pics yet guys, although I love my avatar, I am old school paranoid... still. Early warning devices are going to be implemented after the storm, my .44 always at the ready with 911 on a speed dial LOL

Best wishes to everyone, be safe !

Capt.Ahab

Veteran
I see heavy leaf spot infection on the trees here. Particularly on the wild cherry trees but it hasnt infected any of my plants.

Capt.Ahab

Veteran
Our weather forecast isnt very good. Looks like rain all week starting tonight with winds up to 60 mph. Im not worried about the wind but i'm afraid the rain and resulting mold may end the season here.

cureious

stick foot in mouth... what do I see on my Kush bush this morning? PMD

Just a pot here and there on the Ace Seeds Panama plantss. Just got back from buying a sprayer, and some Greencure just in case. Going to spray baking soda solution now.

got a invertebrate blockade today, the doc helped my back but it takes 48h until pain relieves again, cant wait to see my girls again!
2 weeks to go! i cant wait tada,da,da,daaa...

i love wind, my plants are surrounded 360° by 12-16feet bushes and trees.
tall enough to block direct winds and short enough not to block sun.
when i´m on my spot and the tops are swinging in the wind i´m always like =cool no mold today

last 2 weeks were really worst this year but i hope we get a warm dry october!