What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Outdoor

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Also, see those little brown organic pieces of trees that landed on your buds? Pick those off the buds so it doesnt cause rot.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Dude. Cut that top off and toss it. Theres probably a worm in there somewhere. Thats exactly what happens when a worm bores into the stem on a top bud.

Cut and cleaned also cut a top next to it because it had a brown spot and a shell of something, thanks :tiphat: Couldn't find the worm but did see a shell of something up there. There were also a few weird bugs and a little frog. I think I have a lot of beneficial bugs around because everything seems to be in check. I always see lots of frogs in the garden

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Lots of peeper frogs out and about. I had several on my basement door last night under the exterior light. I caught about ten of them and put them on my plants. I hope they eat lots of bugs.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Looks like hurricane Jose is going to be in the hood wednesday pm. 65 -75 mph winds.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Lookin' good fellars, lookin' good! :smoke:

I had just posted on another thread about my situation. I still yet have not put out over 40 fine ladies to flower for the season. Yup, over 40 girls in 10 gallon containers vegging along indoors just waiting on their release date. Here in south east Ky in the Appalachians its a risky game to play, some years I have lost zilch to the choppers and some years I have lost over a 3rd of my crop. This year I am changing the game up on the sows. I am willing to shoot for a mid November plus harvest because this seasons harvest is a do or die for me and puts all my finances on the table. Gotta beat em to it somehow.

Funny thing is, they have not even flown hard at all this year, less than I have ever seen them fly in over 15 years! Oh well, it also cuts back on the thieves and heavy rains. Also, the cold that will be settling in on them in late flower will causes lots of color changes which in return shoots the bag appeal up by around 50%. So there are pros and cons that come a long with my plan.

Honestly I feel better now with it than ever, just a few days ago I seen posts all over facebook and the web about how the federal based "National Weather Service" is predicting a warm and mild fall this year for the U.S. with record breaking temperatures. So maybe this will all work out for me.

I planned on letting them flower in the 10 gallon grow bags, but they are starting to fill those up. I may transplant into 15 and 20 gallons before throwing them out to double up on my yields.

The ONLY fear I have in doing this, unfortunately is how when everything else is dying out these will be standing out like a sore thumb. Hunting season is around the corner as well, November is gun season and literally everyone hunts around here. All I can say is the first person I find messing around in my crop, well, its gonna be a very very sad day for them for a very very long time. I'm not a violent man at all, by no means, but when you mess with my crop, you mess with my family. My crop is family to me.

But it sure is lookin' stinky in Mass! You guys are all doing a wonderful job this year!

:tiphat:

Wouldn´t you have to start flowering now to have a mid november harvest m.budz? hurry up man :), idk your temps, but we have a very unpredictable november, sometimes mild, some years cold... hope we all have a mild one

MountainBudz

Wouldn´t you have to start flowering now to have a mid november harvest m.budz? hurry up man :), idk your temps, but we have a very unpredictable november, sometimes mild, some years cold... hope we all have a mild one

This is something I have noticed, now this is just based on a personal experience and I have not ever read any source stating proof on this but it would be a nice experiment for me to document for next year.

I have noticed that when I put plants out that are vegging late in the year (and what i mean by late is when all my others are naturally in mid flower) that the late crops catch up extremely quickly to the ones already flowering. In a sense, I am just saying that what I have found in my personal experience is that plants put out (that are sexually mature) later than September first for example do tend to flower 10 to 15 days or so faster than ones set out earlier in the year. Now i'm not sure why this happens but I have seen last few years, this happen for me.

But, lets say it doesn't happen this year, still yet I know for sure they will be done by December 1st. I have friends around here that have let plants go into December and the latest for me was thanksgiving in 2014.

But you are correct c00kie I need to get my ass rolling lol. I will say I have never had a problem with frosts, not even light freezes. But when the weather starts getting to where their are continuous freezes on a daily basis that is when things get risky.

MountainBudz

What part of the U.S. are you in c00kie?

MountainBudz

Good Luck MountainBudz. Will be pulling for ya man!
Im interested to see the results you have as well.

Thanks ODW...

I will definitely put up photos of the results. I haven't posted many pics over on my thread "Guerilla Growing Underground" as of yet. I have a bunch already outdoor that was put out between April and August, but I am more focused on this late crop. I feel like most of my weight will come from the late wave of plants rather than the earlier. They will be well tended to, everyday. I'm gonna do half organic, and half chemical nutes. Organic I am going with Madagascan bat guano, Growmore sea grow bloom, Earth Juice Sea blast bloom, CalMag, Seaweed juice, Earth Juice catalyst, azomite, azos, mykos and recharge (the real growers recharge is a miracle supplement look it up).

Chemical will be simple. Jacks Classic Bloom and calmag with seaweed juice foilar sprays in early flower.

I have always been a water soluble chemical and granular type of man. But this year is my first year using organics and I love it so far, only problem I have is adjusting the strength. I have learned with chems to use half strength to a 3rd full strength for best results. With organics, its easy to UNDER do it imo. I can give them more than a full dose and they love it. Some was severely under fed and it shows.

I will keep you guys updated and my thread will pick up soon hopefully!

:tiphat:

51°N in europe :)
right now we had our first two rainy weeks its not raining nonstop but almost every day for several minutes. temps are around 60-70°f day and 50°F night.
After a very dry and hot summer its ok i think. everything is in flower now another 5-7weeks and they should be ready...
two plants are mid flower now so ready in 3-4weeks i hope. since i have nothing to smoke anymore :D
flowering time and harvest are the most nervy part of the season for me here.. everything is possible, mild october like milder than september but also had cold rainy octobers with snow...
i dont like to visit any spot at this time in season as when the vegetation dies off slowly every trail becomes more and more visible.. but what can we do anyway..

i feel with you mountainbuddy, for me this years harvest is important too, since i start a new university this year wnd for next 3 years i said to myself only little work on weed and finally care for myself and do something good that feels right. not being my own enemy like i was so many years before, but another story.
this years harvest shold provide me 3year smoke but i made a mistake by choosing untested seeds for this grow, ended up with 3autoflowers with 5gramm each in june and a bunch trees not willing to flower until early september :)

next year less work for sure, less plants, but with the right gear! only fem seeds and clones and not visiting that often this time.
and maybe i will plant one autoflower crop since i have the pollen and the right mother to make seeds now.

Last edited:
With Organics i go high with the ammendments, some kelp some supermix, wormcasting and topdress with lot and lots of ryegrain that was soaked for 1-tow days in water and tossed and mixed within 1inch of topsoil. one wonderful sea of grain grows for several days/weeks under one led light 12/12. after 1-2 weeks i lay the grainsprout down and apply once topdress of fresh chopped comfrey and some kelp. and turn the light off for another two weeks. ready to be transplanted for veg and flower into 5gal and one 7gal.
just dig a smal hle in the middle and put plant in, my plants loving it...

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I have always been a water soluble chemical and granular type of man. But this year is my first year using organics and I love it so far, only problem I have is adjusting the strength. I have learned with chems to use half strength to a 3rd full strength for best results. With organics, its easy to UNDER do it imo. I can give them more than a full dose and they love it. Some was severely under fed and it shows.

I hear you on making the plunge into organics and it being easy to underfeed. I did recirculating hydro and soiless for years before trying organic soil & nutes for the 1st time this season outdoors.

My plant was super healthy all through veg and once stretch started nitrogen deficiency set in fast.

I realize now its because the alaska fish 5-1-1 im feeding isnt readily available, i should have fed heavy the 2 weeks before stretch to give the nitrogen a chance to become available to the roots when stretch started.

Live and learn :dunno:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
So I cut down the two outdoor that had some botrytis. Spent almost 3 hours going over every single bud by hand. I think I lucked out that they hadn't really "solidified" yet so it wasn't as widespread as I worried. Gonna try and make some bubblehash, this stuff smells really good. One plant was lemony, the other almost like diesel fuel, both were Bubba Yum by Dr Krippling. I thought I had moved one of each strain outside, but since I didn't label them like a dumbass, I'm pretty sure these are both the same strain based on bud structure, plants inside both are very similar in appearance to each other.

Last edited:

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Maybe I'm jumping the gun but who is starting their indoor gardens now that outdoor season is about finished?

Here are mine.
Tony's Gorilla Bubble Bx4 in Hempy buckets at about 3.5 - 4 weeks.
picture.php

MountainBudz

I hear you on making the plunge into organics and it being easy to underfeed. I did recirculating hydro and soiless for years before trying organic soil & nutes for the 1st time this season outdoors.

My plant was super healthy all through veg and once stretch started nitrogen deficiency set in fast.

I realize now its because the alaska fish 5-1-1 im feeding isnt readily available, i should have fed heavy the 2 weeks before stretch to give the nitrogen a chance to become available to the roots when stretch started.

Live and learn :dunno:

Same here buddy.

I recommend Earth Juice Seablast Grow and also Grow More seaweed extract for quickly available nitrogen. You will see results with both by the very next day. The shit rocks.

What I have finally adjusted to doing is during transplant right before flowering I hit them with a half dose of seablast grow and a half dose of seablast bloom mixed together so it gets a bit of both and they love the combination. Then I will foilar feed with seaweed extract and they are so green they almost have a blue tint, not too blue though and not to the point of leaf tips clawing (sign of nitrogen toxicity).

Latest posts

Latest posts