What's new

Massachusetts Outdoor

NENugger

Mold is hell

Mold is hell

turns out having the swamp Durban totally surrounded closely by wild roses limits air flow and mold is the result.

Discovered it had mold on 15% of buds. Tried to cut out, which was difficult due to said rosebushes. Next day 10% more infected so decided to chop. Trichs are only 1/2 cloudy.:cry: Lost about 30-35% maybe oz or 2.

other plants not affected as bushes more in open and have much air between branches.
picture.php

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Theres no reversing the grey mold. No stopping it. Just cut out the buds and pray that harvest comes sooner than later. Atleast thats been my experience.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Did you cross the green and purple stemmed AOG males with Blue Dream? I saw your post in the strains that have hit 10lbs thread, im tryin to get some of those monsters.
:plant grow: :bow:

Not yet. I still have a clone of the male AOG to pollinate the Blue Dream cut. I only have 1 BD in flower outside atm.
I will be doing it at some point.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Noooooooo

Noooooooo

Just had to cut an entire white widow down. Pretty much every top had rot/mold. While this wasn't the best plant it still sucks to lose. I managed to salvage maybe an ounce if it doesn't mold while drying. The weird thing is that all the surrounding plants are doing well. The other white widow I had to cut maybe two buds and that's it looks great otherwise full of crystals. Hoping for a harvest at this point, definitely gonna build a roof structure for plastic next year. Live and learn I guess. Good luck this outdoor game sucks :tiphat:

same story here, not that bad yet but very annoying. i am really praying for the predicted good weather! only mold on the almost ready plants.. sprayed down with bicarbonates yesterday one plant and today second one.
Wish you all the best!

Muleskinner

Veteran
any of you close enough to the coast to get fog? curious about pm and budrot close to the coast.

We are facing the worst case scenario here in Mass - basically a 10-day stretch of East winds due to Jose camped out off the coast. My friends with outdoor are all cutting plants left & right because of mold.

Today was sunny but the onshore winds keep humidity at 70%. This year will be good for finding out which plants resist mold the best. I checked my Swiss Chard plants today and they had spots of PM! WTF! how can that happen, the leaves are like leather. It's bad.

N

NewAgeGenetics

Did you clean lowers and thin out the insides of your outdoor plants ? I saw you mention smaller buds than usual, and your pics made me think of if you did that or not.

don't you think that if the plant produce more smaller buds it can help to avoid mold better outdoors, than if you have only tight huge tops?

I think not worth to clean up to produce less bigger buds, because they are less mold resistant than more smaller buds!

CannaFunk

I find that to be a good rule of thumb, however, when a plant gets some height to it and you thin out the lower buds, the airflow is increased, and the top of the plant usually gets that morning sunlight first, due to its height. It's really strain, environment, and weather specific.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
It never hurts to go out and shake the piss out of your plants every morning(if you can). I did that every year I grew outside. Grab the plant by the base of the stalk and shake all that extra water off.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
@DTOG ~
I cleaned out the inside real good.

Its very windy here today and I still have 3x Glues that need trellis. The buds are wicked heavy now at week 7 1/2 - 8 and I have the trellis but the fax I sent monday to get my check today never went throuigh I guess and I didnt get paid. Now IM broke, with no food, gas, cigs, or anything. I cant get the stakes I need to hold the trellis which is like $15. So pretty much may loose 3 lbs of Glue at week 8 cauze I donmt have $15 until I can get it tonight from a friend hopefully. Im praying we dont loose those plants cuz of a stupid fax machine and the guy operating it.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I chopped one of my Pokey Doke plants this morning. I cant wait any longer with the weather we have here. It's been raining for three days now. We got almost six inches of rain overnight.
It's definitely moldy season out there. Mushrooms all over the yard, picked about a gallon of shiitakes off my mushy logs yesterday.
Strange, I have three Pokey doke plants right next to each other. One has a lot of purple in it, no mold. Another has no purps, rock hard golf ball buds , no mold.
Another green one right next to it, moldy. Shit is melting. Not the whole plant, just a bud here and there but I can tell that another day or two and Ill lose most of it. I chopped that one this morning.
Hopefully this weather clears a bit tomorrow and we get a few half way decent days before the next bout of bad weather comes through.

NENugger

hey Capt I know what you mean. Once it is there, it will spread. Gotta chop or try to trim( only delays it though)

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Ive got my three PCK plant inside. Whole house smells like rotten meat and sweet flowers.
Mrs. Ahab is happy... LOL.

Latest posts

Latest posts