What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Grow 2020

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Welcome to the Jungle.

Cant believe how fast they are growing.

picture.php

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Getting eaten by japanese beatles this year, gonna spray some pyrethrin tonight to hopefully deter them a bit. Mac 1 is taking it the worst but there are a couple other plants getting some damage. Just counted 5 beatles that I pulled off the plants, 2 were fucking or so it looked. The branch I broke is growing hopefully it fully heals over at the break.

Mac leaf damage
picture.php

Broken branch healing
picture.php

picture.php

Full garden
picture.php

picture.php

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Didn't spray due to rain and upon further research it seems neem would be better to use. Gonna wait till the weekend and see how it looks. I am liking the idea of spraying nothing for bugs letting mother nature do its thing, but am also worried about the possible outcome of not spraying. Good luck all :tiphat:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Your pics don't look bad at all. They look real good in fact. Just a few fan leaves. I'd just pluck them and see how it goes. Good chance the beetles found something they like better.

kritios

I'd just pluck them and see how it goes. Good chance the beetles found something they like better.

I'd second this. I had japanese beetles for a few years. They are only around for 20-30 days. I handpicked and mostly was able to stay ahead of them.

To get rid of them I finally got some milky spore and watered it in to the lawn around the garden. Put this on in the early fall when their grubs are feeding on the roots. It takes 1-3 years to spread but once it does it will knock down the beetles well. I don't see them at all any more.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
This time of year they are growing so fast that the fans will never be missed. I do the three finger pluk and remove handfuls of fans a couple times a week.

Here's the update. It's filling up. Broke another branch with the hose and tied it back together with some twine. The one I broke a few weeks ago is all good now with the duck tape off. If its a couple weeks before sexing I might be running out of room and axe the wimps early.

picture.php

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Getting eaten by japanese beatles this year, gonna spray some pyrethrin tonight to hopefully deter them a bit. Mac 1 is taking it the worst but there are a couple other plants getting some damage. Just counted 5 beatles that I pulled off the plants, 2 were fucking or so it looked. The branch I broke is growing hopefully it fully heals over at the break.

Mac leaf damage
View Image

Broken branch healing
View Image
View Image

Full garden
View Image
View Image
I’ve seen exact same shit on my Mac one...

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This time of year they are growing so fast that the fans will never be missed. I do the three finger pluk and remove handfuls of fans a couple times a week.

Here's the update. It's filling up. Broke another branch with the hose and tied it back together with some twine. The one I broke a few weeks ago is all good now with the duck tape off. If its a couple weeks before sexing I might be running out of room and axe the wimps early.

View Image

That looks killer...

dirty-joe

This time of year they are growing so fast that the fans will never be missed.

Here's the update. It's filling up.
View Image

Nice, So what size is the square pot front left of the picture ? L x W x H in inches would be great, if you have a second. For that matter what size is the smaller round pots?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
They're about 14 x14 x 16
Those round ones are 10".
They get up-potted in 4 steps. The smaller round ones are step 2 and will likely be give aways. You can see that they are lighter in color bc they need to be up potted.

If they look hungry you have to give them something.

dirty-joe

^^^Thanks. I think I'm going to run out of root room ? I only got 12 x 12 x 10 (5 IMP Gallons) the other garbage cans are same volume just thinner, and taller. Recent picture in the anything out door thread.

NENugger

Finally got all the girls up potted and outdoors. Spot is close to a road so I'm LSTing most of the plants to stay low and grow horizontally kinda like grapes. I hope next year to have a spot where I can let them grow naturally and reach their full potential. Most plants in 20 gallon bags, 1 100 and a couple 5 gal.
Purplebud x Orient Express
picture.php

Green Squall

The Alaskan Purple Auto is finally taking on a purple hue! Super frosty and smells are reminiscent of berries and maybe even bubblegum. It's been humid as hell here and there are still no signs of mold of PM. Haven't seen any caterpillars either. Fingers crossed I can harvest it in the coming weeks.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Top dressed some gypsum and worm castings a few days ago. It's been very hot so I been watering every other day and everything seems very happy. It's been strange not spraying for anything just letting mother nature do her thing. Have plenty of bird activity in my yard so hopefully that keeps me good :tiphat: I want to leave all the plants to flower as it looks like there is enough room so far but we will see. Gonna have to get my shit together very soon to take clones and start getting support up. Good luck everyone!

picture.php

Full garden
picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts