What's new

Mass Grass 2018

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Potassium Bicarbonate is a common food additive it's in a lot of stuff. It's commonly used in wine and mead making, drink a bottle of wine and you're probably drinking it. It's added to carbonated drinks to make them fizzy, as a potassium supplement, and as a leavening agent in baked goods. It's used to balance acidity in foods and to get rid of heartburn. It's considered kosher and halal.
If you're concerned about the purity standards of products used in agriculture, you can easily find food grade potassium bicarbonate on the internet. If you consider sodium bicarbonate safe to use in baking then you can consider potassium bicarbonate safe as well. Very similar.
If you add a little bit of yucca extract to your potassium bicarbonate solution it will help with the water sticking to the plant.
Western MA has had only one day with rain the last week, the hurricane. I think not being too close to the coast gives us less a chance of drizzly weather.

Bangi Haze has been fairly resistant to mold and wet weather. However the genetics are getting weaker, so I won't be growing it again.

My Orient Express plants are handling the weather very well. Better than any plant I have grown outdoors before. I will probably do a full report of my grow this year next month.
I had the hurricane hit with major water, but I had 3 other days with light drizzle where I'm at in wmass.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
So what are everyone's most resistant strains, thus far?
Knock on wood, both Liberty Haze & The Animal are not showing any signs of mold, but I started them with Serenade, which is a bacterial fungicide that pre-emptively colonizes the plant to prevent other crap from getting a foot in the door, and have been using Green Cure after every major rain.

Knock on wood, both Liberty Haze & The Animal are not showing any signs of mold, but I started them with Serenade, which is a bacterial fungicide that pre-emptively colonizes the plant to prevent other crap from getting a foot in the door, and have been using Green Cure after every major rain.

But... but... they might have stored that GreenCure in a barrel used during WWII for atomic waste!!!

Or haven't you heard?

I reddit on the internet, so it's gotta be true.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
has anyone tried green cure as a root drench?
I have some PM on my SFVOG's, they still have a month to go.

Id rather not spray, i have plants in my garden next to them and they are coming down soon and i don't want to blast them with the G.C.

Ive done a root drench with Activonate recently, I know it won't stop it but will slow it down. that shit is expensive and i used the rest of what i had. But i have a jar of green cure

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
has anyone tried green cure as a root drench?
I have some PM on my SFVOG's, they still have a month to go.

Id rather not spray, i have plants in my garden next to them and they are coming down soon and i don't want to blast them with the G.C.

Ive done a root drench with Activonate recently, I know it won't stop it but will slow it down. that shit is expensive and i used the rest of what i had. But i have a jar of green cure
I think the mechanic that makes greencure work is raising the pH enough the spores can't reproduce. Their webpage says While GreenCure is not intended as a root drench it will work against the residual spores on the exposed plant surfaces. Personally, it shouldn't be a problem spraying it on the flower plants as well, long as you are more than 10 days out on harvest. It easily washes off in the next rain and is marketed as a preventive & curative. If you still don't feel comfortable, I might recommend 3% hydrogen peroxide. It decomposes into oxygen and water and tons of people use it to wash outdoor plants.

Last edited:
Dutch passion blueberry was my only plant affected by mold lost a few tiny buds but it was ready to harvest anyway that & the (rascally anscomb + fractals ) finished last week . scoutbreath & 2.0 come down this week ECSD & Zkittlez another week or two

NENugger

Anyone seen something like this?
picture.php

Really airy flowers not really buds like the popcorn further down the branch. Never seen before. I imagine it is some ancient sativa traits coming out but I have a good imagination.

Plant self-seeded in the garden from setting a plant there for a day before moving inside to finish. I call it Mass OD a cross between Orient Express x and Durban which is Chinese Yunnan x Viet Black X Durban Poison x Skunk #1

Crossing this with other Mass OD and Queen Mother as well. Objective to end up with a plant well suited to Mass climate that finishes in time and is Sativa dominant.

Self-seeding and early finish are good traits so far.

NENugger

I'm in awe of your OE Hellgrammite00. I hope to have soil like that someday. Sorry to hear your Bangi Haze had issues. So far mine are doing well. But not at the same scale as your grow.
BH effects come highly rated from some SR. growers on ICMSG so looking forward to the smoke tests.

LungCooking

Is hydrogen Peroxide a contact kill for spores?

Any downside?

I use the 3% solution 50/50 with water. I have used pure before but fades the leaves a little..

Had powdery mildew in one plant at pre-harvest and the H2o2 killed all mildew and didnt come back anymore, also didnt turn the pistils brown... one week later i harvested and dried with no problems. That´s my experience with H2o2.

Very important to keep plant healthy and do not defoliate the tops.. later when i got bud rot i found out most started where i plucked those leaves..

I Always spray my plants prior to harvest and then i spray some aact on them.. i didnt see any caterpillars, bud rot or mildew anymore... Again, this is what works for me

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Well if its not one thing its another. The greencure seemed to knock the PM away but I had to cut 3 phc tops due to bud worms/caterpillar? Noticed a leave coming from the bud died, cut and check and sure enough worm poo and a couple worms. Gonna cut the phc next weekend and cut the rest the following week before I lose too much. Good luck out there :tiphat:

Anyone seen something like this?
View Image

Really airy flowers not really buds like the popcorn further down the branch. Never seen before. I imagine it is some ancient sativa traits coming out but I have a good imagination.

Plant self-seeded in the garden from setting a plant there for a day before moving inside to finish. I call it Mass OD a cross between Orient Express x and Durban which is Chinese Yunnan x Viet Black X Durban Poison x Skunk #1

Crossing this with other Mass OD and Queen Mother as well. Objective to end up with a plant well suited to Mass climate that finishes in time and is Sativa dominant.

Self-seeding and early finish are good traits so far.

One of my NJs and a pair of indica crosses marked "DoE" on the bag of seeds both did this last season.
It might have been a soil pH issue, overfeeding or just some wilder expression of genes. They surely matured enough, as the trichomes were like 40% amber when I cut them.
Still, wispy, minty smelling flowers... and though there were a LOT of them on the branches of the NJ, and it was over 8ft tall, the buds never fattened up.
Also... both had lots of bananas and were self-seeding.
I ended up giving that whole plant away once it was dried and cured. Didn't even keep any seeds, though I told the guy who ended up with it he should try them.
He still has those seeds, but he grew autos this season instead.

I'm hoping he tries them to see what the offspring are like, but I don't want stock around that self-seeds and grows sparse flowers.

Well if its not one thing its another. The greencure seemed to knock the PM away but I had to cut 3 phc tops due to bud worms/caterpillar? Noticed a leave coming from the bud died, cut and check and sure enough worm poo and a couple worms. Gonna cut the phc next weekend and cut the rest the following week before I lose too much. Good luck out there :tiphat:

Bacillus thuringensis kurstaki is a must have in every outdoor grower's arsenal.

I even inject it into sites the caterpillars have already penetrated... and it kills them. Then, a little H2O2 in there as the plant heals and she gets right over it and keeps on growing.

Stupid cats... Eating and shitting...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Here's the Forum. It's got tikes growing on the leaf stems.

Bacillus thuringensis kurstaki - Is there a brand name?
picture.php

I use the 3% solution 50/50 with water. I have used pure before but fades the leaves a little..

Had powdery mildew in one plant at pre-harvest and the H2o2 killed all mildew and didnt come back anymore, also didnt turn the pistils brown... one week later i harvested and dried with no problems. That´s my experience with H2o2.

Very important to keep plant healthy and do not defoliate the tops.. later when i got bud rot i found out most started where i plucked those leaves..

I Always spray my plants prior to harvest and then i spray some aact on them.. i didnt see any caterpillars, bud rot or mildew anymore... Again, this is what works for me

Awesome! Thanks.

Is hydrogen Peroxide a contact kill for spores?

Any downside?

I've never had a problem using it.
It breaks down to O2 and water in pretty short order, but not before it's killed the spores on contact.

Same principal as GreenCure: raises the pH of the surfaces it hits and oxidizes living spores and fruiting structures of mold.

I use a 50/50 or even a 60/40 concentration of 3% H2O2 and water in a small spray bottle as well as GC.
Seems to work, as the only mold I've gotten were small patches, (early detection!!!) and they haven't come back despite the cool, damp & grey weather we've been having for the past 6 days.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Bacillus thuringensis kurstaki is a must have in every outdoor grower's arsenal.

I even inject it into sites the caterpillars have already penetrated... and it kills them. Then, a little H2O2 in there as the plant heals and she gets right over it and keeps on growing.

Stupid cats... Eating and shitting...

We are well past any spraying of BT. Was spraying BT every other week in veg along with neem on the weeks I didnt spray BT. I will be happy to pull a harvest and add this years knowledge to last and make next year the year I kill it in the best way :woohoo:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I've never had a problem using it.
It breaks down to O2 and water in pretty short order, but not before it's killed the spores on contact.

Same principal as GreenCure: raises the pH of the surfaces it hits and oxidizes living spores and fruiting structures of mold.

I use a 50/50 or even a 60/40 concentration of 3% H2O2 and water in a small spray bottle as well as GC.
Seems to work, as the only mold I've gotten were small patches, (early detection!!!) and they haven't come back despite the cool, damp & grey weather we've been having for the past 6 days.

Awesome! Thanks. Clean so far, but the rain has been unbelievable. It's best to have everything ready to roll just incase. All my grow experience has been indoor in a very controlled environment. The electric bills were just oo much. It's going to be outdoor from here on with a greenhouse next year. I'll just do indoor in the early spring to get everything started.

Is that Bubbles?