What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass Grass 2018

Yep, relative.

Though, you lost it all last year, like many others.

I'm happy with my pound or so. It's enough for me, plus gifts at xmas time.
It's not about harvesting today with 10lbs... it's about FINISHING the plants off and not fighting mold the whole time.

You could still have 10lbs in another 2-3 weeks... but you could also lose most of it.

These NJs only go about 7ft high when left to do what they like... not huge yielders.

Good buds... great smoke... but they aren't bruce banners hahaha

Hey, we all do what we feel is best. It's just nice to have a bunch of home made weed that rocks.

OG, assuming most of my OE makes it to harvest, how many pounds do you think that is? I was guessing 7-8 pounds. Last year was my first grow, and I lost everything to mold, but I hold that to bad genetics and really bad weather. This month I have only had to trim 4 fan leaves for small amounts of powdery mold.

I was so pessimistic this thing was not going to make it past August, and now that harvest is nearing, reality is hitting me that this beast is going to need to be dealt with.

Rumyya5.jpg

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
OG, assuming most of my OE makes it to harvest, how many pounds do you think that is? I was guessing 7-8 pounds. Last year was my first grow, and I lost everything to mold, but I hold that to bad genetics and really bad weather. This month I have only had to trim 4 fan leaves for small amounts of powdery mold.

I was so pessimistic this thing was not going to make it past August, and now that harvest is nearing, reality is hitting me that this beast is going to need to be dealt with.

View Image

Thats tough to say but damn man thats a beast. I would be happy pulling 5 off that but with out being there in person its tough. Keep a good eye on that.

Welp... Gonna pull one of the Triple Cheese today.

The buds are swollen, calyxes fattened up this week and in addition to all cloudy trichomes, amber are starting to show up yesterday and this morning.

I want to see what this strain is like at peak, and I'll let the second one go another week or two to see what after peak is like.
It's already couchlocky... I smoked a bunch last night and when I went to bed, my legs were fuzzy and I felt like I was made of lead.

That's kind of what I was going after with growing 3Ch... so I'll wait to see 10-20% amber on the second one and call it a day.

Plus, I've only got so much time in the week, and a busy week coming up. Today is a fine enough day to harvest and trim.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Found the first signs of mold today. Eliminated the small interior popcorn buds and did the first spray with GC. Probably should have trimmed those little suckers a while ago. 1 scoop (tblspn) per gallon. Hit four plants and going to give it a day to see how they like it before hitting the rest. Sprayer used is a high pressure atomizer and a few drops of Bonners was added as a surficant. Guess we'll see what happens

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I think the mechanic that makes greencure work is raising the pH enough the spores can't reproduce. Their webpage says While GreenCure is not intended as a root drench it will work against the residual spores on the exposed plant surfaces. Personally, it shouldn't be a problem spraying it on the flower plants as well, long as you are more than 10 days out on harvest. It easily washes off in the next rain and is marketed as a preventive & curative. If you still don't feel comfortable, I might recommend 3% hydrogen peroxide. It decomposes into oxygen and water and tons of people use it to wash outdoor plants.

Ive done the peroxide baths before, Jorge Cervantes has a how to on you tube. I have 2 big plants though, and it takes a lot of peroxide and a big bin or reservoir to use.
Its a lot of hard work, i will tell you that

Thoughts on progression? I was thinking at least 3 more weeks, but I snipped off a small sugar leaf, and checked out the trichomes. Def. starting to get cloudy and some amber starting to appear it looks like a little as well.

dGNi8Bm.jpg

y6qwGLd.jpg

The sugar leaves' trichomes aren't a good indicator of ripeness because they turn cloudy way earlier than the flowers.
Well... they are sort of part of the flower... but the resin glands on the seed bracts below the pistils is where you want to check.
If you still have a lot of clear ones, it ain't done, really.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Chopped a Scout Breath today.

Took a couple buds from scrawny under branches that should have been trimmed off long ago and dried them in the toaster oven. Niiiiice.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I'm considering chopping everything this afternoon.
Several days of rain coming starting tomorrow.
Scoped a few buds last night and I'm seeing a good mix of clear and cloudy trichs with some amber mixed in .
Could use a few more days but I don't think Mother Nature is going to cooperate.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I plan to at least harvest the Platinum huklberry cookies this coming weekend and depending how the rest look at the end of the week we will go from there. Definitely trying to keep them in the ground as long as I can. Inthing the boytrytis I have been dealing with are from caterpillars but it seems to have slowed down as I only had to cut a couple buds this weekend from the PHC.

picture.php

picture.php

Scout breath
picture.php

Cognac
picture.php

Forum breath
picture.php

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I plan to at least harvest the Platinum huklberry cookies this coming weekend and depending how the rest look at the end of the week we will go from there. Definitely trying to keep them in the ground as long as I can.

Your def better off waiting till its mature enough to harvest, so you dont have an entire crop of useless immature flower. Better to get some well done flower, than alot of immature flower.
Hang in there............... you'll get through this season ok. :tiphat:

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Your def better off waiting till its mature enough to harvest, so you dont have an entire crop of useless immature flower. Better to get some well done flower, than alot of immature flower.
Hang in there............... you'll get through this season ok. :tiphat:

The only thing I plan to take is the PHC, just because its been having problems and by the end of this week I expect more problems with it. The rest I will let go as long as possible. I am looking for the heavy stone that comes with nice matured bud so I am definitely with ya on riding it out. Thanks for the encouragement as I value your opinion :biggrin:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I'm considering chopping everything this afternoon.
Several days of rain coming starting tomorrow.
Could use a few more days but I don't think Mother Nature is going to cooperate.

We still got 2 1/2 weeks till harvest. Were expected to get 4 days of rain on Oct 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. terrible timing! Im not sure what Im gonna do yet??? :dunno: :mad: :bashhead: :noway:
The Hammers Kush is very mold prone and I dont want to harvest it till the 10th atleast. Would be a shame to cut on Oct 1st. Ide loose 40% in weight. I would hate to pick it before bud swell.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
My HK (that was given to me :biggrin:) is standing tough. That's the last one I'm concerned about. 3 big GG4s looking pretty good too. Actually they're all looking pretty sweet.