What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Giveaway MarsHydro SP3000 giveaway

hellfire

Hi all,

Been looking at the LEDs closer recently. It looks like they are firmly keeping up with traditional lights and beating them now. That wasn't the case when they first came out and they have improved a lot. I really am liking the switch to full spectrum. The plants like it as well :biggrin:

The biggest advantage I see of LEDs is the power usage and heat production. They run cool compared to regular HPS/MH/CMH. It is for these main reasons I would like to make the switch.

I would like to test the SP3000 for breeding purposes and its ability to grow pure sativas like Malawi, Thai, Peruvian, Indians and more. I think the full spectrum would do them well. I am interested in how the LEDs may affect the expressions of such plants, their feeding and growth etc. Also the comparison of seed production under traditional bulbs vs LEDs.

If I win this light I will use it primarily in open pollination breeding projects. I have landrace seed stock I would like to reproduce and give back to the community. If chosen I would make a poll for the thread, if people are into it, and they could vote on which reproduction they would like to see first. I will document and photo well the projects and usage of the light. It would be used in a 4x4 tent with organic living soil, pot sizes of 3gals and up would be used to see full phenotype expressions.

Thanks for the opportunity Mars Hydro!

:tiphat:
hellfire

RawNature

when are you planning to have the sp-3000 for sale on website? Have all of your Sp and Ts lights increased in price recently ? looking forward to try one of these someday hopefully i will get one soon thanks!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Hope I'm not too late to the party!

-Tell your real feeling of our lights or tents
I'll definitely be glad to do the same as I've done before. As always, my goal is to provide detailed information and as much useful feedback as possible. It's the little details which often make a difference during a purchase decision. I'm expecting a delightful difference due to the upgraded chips, as well as increased convenience with the dimmer.

-Tell us how you will test the SP3000
I have the Mars Hydro 2.5x2.5 tent and a space to put it, a working camera and two clones from the same mother plant. Unfortunately, all my lights are currently in use with other projects, but I do have room for a tester plant under the TSW-2000. I'd love to show the differences along with my honest opinion, between my TSW-2000 and an SP3000 using the same clone and grow style. :) The SP3000 will also have a variety of other genetics under it, in addition to the identical clone under the TSW-2000.

Hoping everyone wins, including myself! (We can dream, right?)

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I haven't had a chance to use my SP250/Mars tent for flowering anything yet, but I have used it through several rounds of vegging. Love it!

This is from the other day, 1 week into vegging some of Bodhi's PNW Hashplant x Sunshine Daydream testers. Not too much to see yet, but I expect things will really be moving along in another week or so.

My plan is to finish vegging these out a bit and put 'em outside, then put cuts from the earlier rounds into the tent and try flowering under the SP250.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83407&pictureid=2042296&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

That sounds cool, buddy. good luck.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Hi all,

Been looking at the LEDs closer recently. It looks like they are firmly keeping up with traditional lights and beating them now. That wasn't the case when they first came out and they have improved a lot. I really am liking the switch to full spectrum. The plants like it as well :biggrin:

The biggest advantage I see of LEDs is the power usage and heat production. They run cool compared to regular HPS/MH/CMH. It is for these main reasons I would like to make the switch.

I would like to test the SP3000 for breeding purposes and its ability to grow pure sativas like Malawi, Thai, Peruvian, Indians and more. I think the full spectrum would do them well. I am interested in how the LEDs may affect the expressions of such plants, their feeding and growth etc. Also the comparison of seed production under traditional bulbs vs LEDs.

If I win this light I will use it primarily in open pollination breeding projects. I have landrace seed stock I would like to reproduce and give back to the community. If chosen I would make a poll for the thread, if people are into it, and they could vote on which reproduction they would like to see first. I will document and photo well the projects and usage of the light. It would be used in a 4x4 tent with organic living soil, pot sizes of 3gals and up would be used to see full phenotype expressions.

Thanks for the opportunity Mars Hydro!

:tiphat:
hellfire

Welcome buddy. The plan sounds great. :tiphat:
But this time, one of our rules is that using our light and share picture. Thanks for your attention.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
when are you planning to have the sp-3000 for sale on website? Have all of your Sp and Ts lights increased in price recently ? looking forward to try one of these someday hopefully i will get one soon thanks!

welcome. buddy. SP3000 might be in sale at the end of next month. It will be decided by the present stock.
The price on our site have come back to normal standard now. :biggrin:

If you want to make the purchase on our site, you can add coupon"ICMAG" into your order to save some money.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Hope I'm not too late to the party!

-Tell your real feeling of our lights or tents
I'll definitely be glad to do the same as I've done before. As always, my goal is to provide detailed information and as much useful feedback as possible. It's the little details which often make a difference during a purchase decision. I'm expecting a delightful difference due to the upgraded chips, as well as increased convenience with the dimmer.

-Tell us how you will test the SP3000
I have the Mars Hydro 2.5x2.5 tent and a space to put it, a working camera and two clones from the same mother plant. Unfortunately, all my lights are currently in use with other projects, but I do have room for a tester plant under the TSW-2000. I'd love to show the differences along with my honest opinion, between my TSW-2000 and an SP3000 using the same clone and grow style. :) The SP3000 will also have a variety of other genetics under it, in addition to the identical clone under the TSW-2000.

Hoping everyone wins, including myself! (We can dream, right?)

It is never to late to take part in. buddy.
It is very a nice plan. Good luck.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
I dont have your tents or lights yet, but i have your glasses and a smellproof bag, and I can tell from the smellproof bag that the quality of your tents should be really nice. I would test this light against hps and hgl's led that I have. I have two exact same tents I could do a side by side with. And I have many strains that I would put some up for you all to vote on what to see under the lights

Either way, good luck to you all.
Lets some some buds under this giveway light, can't wait!

eyesdownchronic

Exciting!
It's nice to see Mars upgrading their QB game.
When upgrading my grow to QB I considered Mars TS or SP as an option. They are reasonably priced. HOwever, there was a definitive drop in quality due to chips used. Additionally, spectrum was overly high in blue. I was also concerned with presence of 730 nm far red.
I ended up going for a knock off chinese brand with 3500k and 660 nm red.

This knew mars upgrade seems to fix many of the original shortfalls with the mars qb variant. Would definitely be interested to see how this upgraded 300w would perform in a 2x4. (Still a little worried with presence of added 730 nm far red)
Its cool to see how far leds have evolved in a short time. I started out with leds using the original mars300. ended up buying 4 in the end..
They worked great but all had the same diodes burn out after a couple years of use.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:chin: looking like dank.frank has this one wrapped up...

heck,i'm just gonna say it...if the purpose of these contest is to generate more content for this forum then i would think my track record with this companies products of providing frequent updates ever since i won the first light would make me a good choice for a test light. as an added bonus the test would take place in a mars hydro 2x4 tent and be set up with plants ready to flower within days of receiving the light...plus i would need to buy another 2x4 tent!