What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mars Hydro LED

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'll never understand why so many commercial set ups look like that. It's like one idiot showed a pic and everyone copied them. Such an inefficient way to grow weed.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I'll never understand why so many commercial set ups look like that. It's like one idiot showed a pic and everyone copied them. Such an inefficient way to grow weed.
thats exactly what i was thinking... hard to tell, but the lights look to be maybe a meter or more over the tops... how can that be efficient ?? but the buds do look nice...

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Since there are generally many lights in commercial planting, hanging the lights higher can save labor to go up and down the lamps frequently, and it is also convenient for pruning. But the disadvantage is that it consumes more energy, so it depends on the customer's personal choice.

woolybear

Veteran
I'd look for something in between. I like having access to all areas of the plant, which would be pretty tricky with huge trays of plants. It looks like that facility has plenty of room, though I'd want to push the lights as close as possible to the plants b/c that's what my lizard brain thinks makes sense

Edit and good afternoon Beijing! 12pm China time = 9pm PST

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I'd look for something in between. I like having access to all areas of the plant, which would be pretty tricky with huge trays of plants. It looks like that facility has plenty of room, though I'd want to push the lights as close as possible to the plants b/c that's what my lizard brain thinks makes sense

Edit and good afternoon Beijing! 12pm China time = 9pm PST
Yes, the different ways are all to point to the final result. The process is as long as it is convenient for you.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Join Mars Hydro's 14th Anniversary Celebration! Get ready for our incredible $14 Growers' Thursday Flash Sale.

Product: TS600 LED / VG80 LED / PH Tester
Date: 00:00 AM PDT, August 17th

This amazing offer is just a click away. Limited time and limited quantity! Don't miss out!

www.mars-hydro.com

闪购.png

Last edited:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Since there are generally many lights in commercial planting, hanging the lights higher can save labor to go up and down the lamps frequently, and it is also convenient for pruning. But the disadvantage is that it consumes more energy, so it depends on the customer's personal choice.
whether a room has 1 light or a 100lights, if it is hung a meter over the plants, how much of the penetration will u be losing?? i have a marshydro fce8000 in a 5x5foot tent, and i try to keep the light
18.. inches... over the top buds for penetration below...

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
whether a room has 1 light or a 100lights, if it is hung a meter over the plants, how much of the penetration will u be losing?? i have a marshydro fce8000 in a 5x5foot tent, and i try to keep the light
18.. inches... over the top buds for penetration below...
Yes, hanging too high will affect the light absorption efficiency of plants. This kind of discussion can point out some problems, which is very meaningful. Are you planting now? What's it like in your tent?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Yes, hanging too high will affect the light absorption efficiency of plants. This kind of discussion can point out some problems, which is very meaningful. Are you planting now? What's it like in your tent?
i am not planting now as its the summer - i will re-start in oct- the last grow, i tuned-down the fce8000 to around 70pct and hung the lights about 15/18'' over the top- the grow was only 'ok', as there is a learning curve coming for cmh's/hid's -

last grow the temps averaged in the mid 70's during the day, and low/mid 60's at nite - this time i will get the daytime temps up to around 80F ... i'll report back in some months..

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
i am not planting now as its the summer - i will re-start in oct- the last grow, i tuned-down the fce8000 to around 70pct and hung the lights about 15/18'' over the top- the grow was only 'ok', as there is a learning curve coming for cmh's/hid's -

last grow the temps averaged in the mid 70's during the day, and low/mid 60's at nite - this time i will get the daytime temps up to around 80F ... i'll report back in some months..
Looking forward to your report. And many customers choose to plant outdoors in summer, what do you think?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
many customers choose to plant outdoors in summer, what do you think?
there are no lights that can compare to the sun, if your growing conditions are good - sadly in my area, surrounded by water on 3 sides, we grow fine till sept when the days get shorter, the humidity picks up, and the buds get rot... unavoidable ... so no , we don't grow outdoors any longer... pity as good outdoor weed kicks indoor weed's ass ...

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Yes, there is no substitute for sunlight, so all we need to do is do our best to make products that help customers with constrained growing environments. 😉

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Hi all, how do you prevent flower buds from getting moldy? Do you adjust the humidity in different planting stages? 🫡🫡

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
an interesting concept is a vendor... rite below you ... moneytree - they have blue bars which u can add during the veg stage.... def something you guys should offer...

interchangeable bars for diff stages of grow.... very novel....

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Hi Mars, silly question, do you ever offer discounts on say returned, surplus or scratched/dented product?
Have you encountered any problems? Or is there any problem with the order receiving the package? If yes, we will handle it for you according to our warranty policy.