What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana industry brought to a standstill by new pesticide testing regulations

Aota1

The op is about the testing lab bottleneck in Oregon. There's plenty of product and more is coming to market every week. When every producer in this big state has to go through maybe 5 labs, it's difficult to maintain product. This has become an issue since the rules changed on October 1st. Pound prices are going to drop very low leading up to January 1 because after that, only olcc licensed producers will be able to sell to shops. Should be an interesting couple months.

frostqueen

OR is not well known for its ideal climate to grow herb in.

lol, wut ?!

Southern Oregon is the tip of the green triangle. You know: the birthplace of modern cannabis drug cultivars in the mid to late '70s, ones that combine tropical sativas with paki and afghani indicas...?

Wow.

maxmurder

Veteran
lol, wut ?!

Southern Oregon is the tip of the green triangle. You know: the birthplace of modern cannabis drug cultivars in the mid to late '70s, ones that combine tropical sativas with paki and afghani indicas...?

Wow.

frostqueen- please don't start with this guy he'll never go away

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Yep, he is like that persistent booger--no matter how many times you flick your finger--it is too sticky to go away.

angelgoob

The only governmental regulation should be some guy that comes to your house and is a plant expert and gives you suburb advice on how to grow or some shit.

regulate it like ginseng, whynot?

Aota1

While there has seemed to be an uptick in extract test failures since new regs went into place, flower has been in abundant supply. I have seen trace amounts (acceptable under very stringent ppm limits) of miticides show up on a couple flower tests. But the extract makers are having the most issues depending on the material they're using. These new tests tell everyThang. No more hiding. Also, seemingly no more serious trash to hash to cash! Weed em out

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Don't want to od on weed.
:laughing:
Fuck "legalization" man! I want decriminalization and leave me the fuck alone!
:moon:

Not about consumption Mojave, it's the state trying to protect it self fro.the feds as if there was no limit, many would be buying those 99 buck ounces and shipping them back east for atleast 200. It's a deterrant obviously as anyone serious enough will still do it. However, the state has to have some protections in place to show the feds they are trying.

EDIT: Was called today by a disp I went to one time and they were offering 55 dollar ounces and a free gram of oil each month for signing up as a member. I know it's med not rec but damn are prices dropping low, even if it's low quality shite.

Last edited:

MileHighGlass

Not about consumption Mojave, it's the state trying to protect it self fro.the feds as if there was no limit, many would be buying those 99 buck ounces and shipping them back east for atleast 200. It's a deterrant obviously as anyone serious enough will still do it. However, the state has to have some protections in place to show the feds they are trying.

Yeah because everybody doesn't just drive around to shops all day here in Denver. :)

Keyword: Deterrant. They never truly work, but it fulfills the priorities from the Cole Memo that the Justice Department put out.

We all want cannabis to be completely free. Unfortunately, the complex political system makes the process slow. The compromises that have been made to get us to this point are to appease this system and allow for others to follow.

Last edited:

Betterhaff

Veteran
Yeah because everybody doesn't just drive around to shops all day here in Denver. :)
I’m from out of state but all shops in CO I've visited scanned my ID. Not sure if there’s any way they could cross reference but the info is there. It’s probably more for the protection of the shop.

For years the govt has tried to stop us, and now with their regulations, they have even more power to control us. I'm in a med state, and a med patient, and from what I can tell, all these regulations are meant to hinder us. Big business will take over, walk right over our backs, and cannabis will be as safe as the food industry. Everyday you hear about e Coli, salmonella, food poisoning, fecal matter in public water supplies, antibiotics in the meat, and yet big business doesn't suffer at all. Does anyone really think when big business takes over, that they won't be using pesticides? I have used pesticides up until the last week of veg, cause I know the ppm will be so minute that it can't be detected. Big business on the other hand will need to get yields and have no stoppage in production, and if they get pests, don't kid yourself that they won't be applying pesticides, and getting away with it. Big business doesn't have to deal with rigorous testing, just go ask Chipotle.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Original...

I understand your frustration but Chipolte's problem was they bought food locally from small operations (kinda like the cannabis industry--few ginormous growers and lots of small growers) and the reason why the food was tainted was.....smaller operations do not test their finished product.

Which is better? Cannabis industry re-living the "wild west" with no uniform rules--each local town having their own set of laws with their "hired gun" (aka Sheriff) to enforce them or....uniform rules that everyone must/should follow--which does even the playing field for everyone.

It has been my experience (and I am an old fucker) that most "big business" operations understand the value of their reputation/goodwill and are in the business of generating cash flow for it's owners/investors. The shoddy operations that loose customers and money--will not preserver in the long run.

Said differently, if ALL growers were responsible and did not produce a "tainted product"--then most of these rules/regulations would not be an "issue". But because of few "bad hombres"--the rules/regulations are created to protect the safety of consumers...as well as the workers (us).

Aota1

When they take a sample of bho, 12 different pieces are tested. If there is too much variance in the numbers, the sample is ruled to have 'hot spots' or more concentrated parts, and is failed. They eased up on variance so more extracts should me moving through the process

Latest posts

Latest posts