What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Been reading this thread and waiting. I've two Malawi X Black Lime Reserve in week 11. Look like they are finishing up and will be done before 14 weeks. Thinking on making at least 4 cobs. Thx for this thread:tiphat:

Tangwena

Veteran
Caramel trippy chewing

Caramel trippy chewing

Here is a very trippy dose of Mulanji/Thai tanic that was sweat cured at temps around 60c for about 5 days and has now been dried and aged for about a week. the resin was clear going in and is now caramel and so strong o.3g will get me so high I will have no memory of the fantastic experiences I am about to have. Last time i wrote a log of the trip while I was high. It blew me away when I read it the next day.
Enjoy this is real deal Malawi laughing grass.

I am about to take off things are expanding fast Tangwena

Madjag

Veteran
Tang......The intrepid tripper.....

Enjoy your journey.

picture.php

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
bout to make some durban cobs tonight... Few questions again tangwena!

Just to clarify, when i first wrap the buds and put them in the plastic bag to sweat, this process takes what a day or 2? its in a warm place, in the dark or can it be in the light?

I know the whole process kinda has a feal too it, I think last time I was almost there but the plants were a tad too dry so didnt get quite the cure we were looking for. right now I got plants hanging that are in the perfect form, been hangin about 4-5 days but still have moisture/bendy stems.

Also, I think u answered this before, but can i use already cured corn husks, like the pack they sell in the store for tamales, or is fresh way better?

Lookin forward to another go with the cobs!

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi my friend great to see you giving it another go. The corn husks dont have to be green so the dry ones are fine. Once the buds are wrapped up you can put them in the sun no problem.
Pre sweating for 24hrs is only needed if you want the hard compressed type of cure. If you dont pre sweat them they will take longer to cure thats all.
Try pre sweating for 24hrs, then vacuum seal them for a week in a warm to hot place, after a week open them and check if they have changed color enough, if not just re vacuum them for another week and so on until you get the color you want.
The temperature you sweat them at during the week will dictate how fast they change, the warmer the temp the faster the cure. Both cool and warm temps will work, just cooler will take longer.
Good luck and please post pics of the finished product, once you get the nice sweet smell and the color you want dry them until they are smoke able and then store them in a vacuum or jar to age. They will be very stoney for the first week or two then get slowly clearer as they age. By the 2nd or 3rd month they will be superb.
You can of course smoke them straight away once dried but they will improve a lot once aged.
Tangwena

Swamp Thang

Veteran
I do not approve of women who obscure their tattoos with items of clothing. There ought to be a law against that sort of thing.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
That high from eatin it sounds dope. How does that compare to eating edibles, like brownies and whatnot? I dont really like the high from edibles most the time, get that anxious feelin of doom looming over my shoulders if i over indulge in the slightest, like I just know somebody is killing my dog, lol... Id assume its different tho, given that it is created in an entirely different way, not being heated or binded to fats to be absorbed. Also based on the fact most edibles ive tried came from indica or hybreds, and most the plants i plan to cob are pure sativa or pretty damn close.

Tangwena

Veteran
Get Mo I have tried almost every edible you can imagine and chewing a cured piece of cob made from a sativa or sativa dom hybrid will get you higher than you have ever been from edibles. I find extracts of any kind missing something in the high. You only need less than 0.25g to trip the light fantastic for 8 hrs plus.
The high will depend on the strain, if its up positive type it will be fantastic once cob cured.
I use 0.1gram to get off if I want to interact with people or work. 0.3 to 0.4g if I want to loose my mind and 0.25 for a party type high where I am at one with the world.
Many experienced psychonauts on this and other forums have confirmed this as true, so I feel its not just my mind that is going. Chewing the small piece of cob into dust and then washing it down is a full day event and there is no coming down until the flight is over.
Give it a shot you will like it I am sure.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
That looks bloody awesome my friend you dont muck about do you? Thats going to be dynamite when you finish it, great job looks like some authentic Malawi cobs for sure. Nice job brother.
Tangwena

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
eating the cobs is the truth.

takes me half the mg dosage and keeps me high twice as long.

gotta get some lab work done on these to see what the hell makes them so amazing.

Just finished plowing through this entire thread. I'm excited to try this method of curing. Unfortunately, I've got to wait another month or more before the next harvest. Plenty of time to look into getting some Ace sativa doms to try it with in the future. Thanks, Tang, for sharing this knowledge with us. I feel that a free and open exchange of information and experience is the next logical step in our evolution as a species, as long as individuals are open-minded to applying others experience to their own lives.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Yeah, no muckin about these parts! Lol! I tried to get them to sweat but the house was too cold, so i wrapped them in a heating pad for a few hours n they fot real hot n sweated good, hopefully not too much. Then i vacum seeled um n put um in my cold closet, ill have an update in few weeks!

Nup

Hello Tengawena and all,

Iv really enjoyed reading your thread and love the idea of the cob curing. After all food is fermented in so many different ways, why not have that variety with weed.

Iv read that this is really normally done with sativas, but I'm a new and impatient micro-grower. So I'm using this method on only 17g of Indica (black domina x Maple leaf). I'm very curious to see if it will change the high at all - that's if it works at all. Hah.

Here's the little cob.
attachment.php

(Re-reading some stuff, I'm thinking it should have made it shorter and fatter. But this thinness may help with faster fermentation, as it's very cold lately.)

Happy curing and smoking all.

Attachments

• IMG_2714.jpg
    IMG_2714.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 17

Tangwena

Veteran
Hello Tengawena and all,

Iv really enjoyed reading your thread and love the idea of the cob curing. After all food is fermented in so many different ways, why not have that variety with weed.

Iv read that this is really normally done with sativas, but I'm a new and impatient micro-grower. So I'm using this method on only 17g of Indica (black domina x Maple leaf). I'm very curious to see if it will change the high at all - that's if it works at all. Hah.

Here's the little cob.
View Image

(Re-reading some stuff, I'm thinking it should have made it shorter and fatter. But this thinness may help with faster fermentation, as it's very cold lately.)

Happy curing and smoking all.
Hi my friend are you going to vacuum seal it? Also it will not ferment if it is not warm so you need to keep it warm and vac sealed or it will only be dried and compressed weed no change will have taken place.
Good luck if you have followed the directions in a couple of weeks you should have some cured bud.
Tangwena

Nup

Hi my friend are you going to vacuum seal it? Also it will not ferment if it is not warm so you need to keep it warm and vac sealed or it will only be dried and compressed weed no change will have taken place.
Good luck if you have followed the directions in a couple of weeks you should have some cured bud.
Tangwena

Yes! I have it in a small plastic bag to try get it to sweat. And so am thinking I will vacume it in a few days, on Sunday, it seems reasonable. I'll get it in the warmest place I can. Thank you for the info and quick answer!

Levitationofme

I made a Cob with Chem Dog 4
Not exactly a pure sativa by a long shot

It works great. After sweating and ageing for 10 days its changed the high, much clearer
less stony fog.Much more stimulating. No burn out. The taste was muted compared to the buds dried normally. You would not think you were smoking the same weed.

I put it away for a few weeks to let it get a full month, and then we will see more.
Worthwhile? Yes indeed. It can be a real eye opener.

Latest posts

Latest posts