What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Riddleme

Smoke report,,,,,, (cut & paste from my place)

The world just became a better place, took a hit (bong) of the cobb bout 40 min ago, it's still climbin, hasn't peaked yet but damn is this nice, toe tappin, head tinglin, back teeth floatin, body numb with waves flowin, time seems a bit slow, air waves open. Basically it is all the love of Magic but with more clarity and like 10 times more potent, I'd have to smoke 2 J's to get where I am off that one hit

y'all can have your dabs I'll be over here enjoying my bud on the cobb

Hear ye hear ye hear ye, gather round Riddlerz at least that sounded good in my head

The 2nd hit is peaking, I'm in heaven, walkin is as if I'm steppin on clouds, no pain any where, still very much clear but there is more pressure in my head like behind my ears, the body waves are just awesome it's as if I'm pulsing

The 2nd hit climbed on top of the first, I'm not seein a ceiling

Tangwena

Veteran
Smoke report,,,,,, (cut & paste from my place)

The world just became a better place, took a hit (bong) of the cobb bout 40 min ago, it's still climbin, hasn't peaked yet but damn is this nice, toe tappin, head tinglin, back teeth floatin, body numb with waves flowin, time seems a bit slow, air waves open. Basically it is all the love of Magic but with more clarity and like 10 times more potent, I'd have to smoke 2 J's to get where I am off that one hit

y'all can have your dabs I'll be over here enjoying my bud on the cobb

Hear ye hear ye hear ye, gather round Riddlerz at least that sounded good in my head

The 2nd hit is peaking, I'm in heaven, walkin is as if I'm steppin on clouds, no pain any where, still very much clear but there is more pressure in my head like behind my ears, the body waves are just awesome it's as if I'm pulsing

The 2nd hit climbed on top of the first, I'm not seein a ceiling
Well my friend I would say you def got that cure right. Awesome high coming in waves is very common from this cure. If its good now wait for a month to age that cob, you will not believe what it becomes, bliss and nirvana. I am so happy you are enjoying the cure, its how grass was meant to be my friend.
Respect and welcome to the new world.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
Today i decided to turn an old aged cob into iso oil, I ground the dried cob up into powder and saturated it 5/1 with iso, left it for 24hrs, drained it through a coffee filter and boiled off the iso. The result is golden colored oil no green in sight. I get about 5/1 sometimes 4/1 if was very resinous cob.
If you guys think the high from the cob is good you should try the oil. You will never want anything else. If you use a few rocks and dust from the ground up cob with a matchstick size drop of oil in a cone you will not want another hit all day.
A drop the size of a match stick head on your tongue will open your eyes to things in a way you never imagined for 10 to 12 hours of tripping.
It used to be my favorite way to get high when I was younger but now only on special days like today ha ha.
Tangwena

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Today I checked on my cob and it was dry, the stems snapped and it crumbled easily between the fingers. Drying is easy in the middle of the desert. I brought the cob over to my brother's house. We were remodeling his garden and smoked a bowl before we got started.

:smoke out:

The flavor was incredible. The sweetness from the maize and the floral from Juanita made a delightful combination. The smoke was smooth and thick and the bowl stayed lit easily.
:smoke:

The high came on slowly and steadily. By the time we were done with the bowl we both had a rush of energy and creativity. Once we began working on the closet we both felt quite dazed. The high lasted at two to three hours as we found ourselves wandering aimlessly through the hardware store. Colors seemed more vibrant and the sunset was amazing.
:kos:

When we tried to smoke a second bowl later, but we couldn't finish it and had to put it down. I'm going to try eating a bit then put the rest back in the vacuum sealer to age a couple of months.
:thank you:

Tangwena

Veteran
Today I checked on my cob and it was dry, the stems snapped and it crumbled easily between the fingers. Drying is easy in the middle of the desert. I brought the cob over to my brother's house. We were remodeling his garden and smoked a bowl before we got started.

:smoke out:

The flavor was incredible. The sweetness from the maize and the floral from Juanita made a delightful combination. The smoke was smooth and thick and the bowl stayed lit easily.
:smoke:

The high came on slowly and steadily. By the time we were done with the bowl we both had a rush of energy and creativity. Once we began working on the closet we both felt quite dazed. The high lasted at two to three hours as we found ourselves wandering aimlessly through the hardware store. Colors seemed more vibrant and the sunset was amazing.
:kos:

When we tried to smoke a second bowl later, but we couldn't finish it and had to put it down. I'm going to try eating a bit then put the rest back in the vacuum sealer to age a couple of months.
:thank you:
Hi my friend sounds like a cruisy sort of day lost in the super market. Chewed it will last 2 to 3 times longer and all the same things that happened will happen for longer and be stronger, plus some other things that are not apparent when you smoke it will happen.
I dropped a drop of iso/oil solution that I was reducing onto the hot plate, there was a lovely plume of white smoke as it vaporised. I snorted the smoke and boy did it change everything. I feel far away from the computer typing by remote control like about a meter away ha ha.
I dont reckon anything beets a cob high if you have the right grass and got a nice cure, it can be escape every time smoke.
I hope you find more strains to cob they are all unique highs in the same overpowering way.
Tangwena

Ganja baba

Veteran
Hi tenwenga , I just received some cob of a good friend , enough for a good joint , wow just like you say clear more high , think it was c5 x elnina , has a strong head vibe like high grade imported Jamaican weed , I'm a mssive fan of weed like cobs and traditional drying a curing methods , I grew up on mowi columbians thais Indians and Africans andnthey shape may flavour and taste profiles when I breed plants , i have some amazing sativa land races from days of old and this mearhod will be perfect to bring the old days back , becuase let's face it modern day drying and curing doesn't seem to benifit these type of strains . Thanks for all the info you have sharded mate I can't wait to get cobbing.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi tenwenga , I just received some cob of a good friend , enough for a good joint , wow just like you say clear more high , think it was c5 x elnina , has a strong head vibe like high grade imported Jamaican weed , I'm a mssive fan of weed like cobs and traditional drying a curing methods , I grew up on mowi columbians thais Indians and Africans andnthey shape may flavour and taste profiles when I breed plants , i have some amazing sativa land races from days of old and this mearhod will be perfect to bring the old days back , becuase let's face it modern day drying and curing doesn't seem to benifit these type of strains . Thanks for all the info you have sharded mate I can't wait to get cobbing.
Hi my friend, great to hear, I hope you post the results when you do some for yourself. It sounds like you have some tasty old school sativas to try.
I am happy more people are turning on too curing this way, I think it is how sativas especially are supposed to taste and effect you.
Respect to you my friend.
Tangwena

Some pics of cobs one broken up so you can see the loose rolling tobacco look that I was going for. They are still wet and need drying but smell sweet and will smoke smooth and pure.
The high will be very stimulating after aging for a month or so once dried.
<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67486&pictureid=1659573" target="_blank">View Image <a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67486&pictureid=1659574" target="_blank">View Image <a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67486&pictureid=1659575" target="_blank">View Image
From the left Malawi gold, Mulanji gold and Mozambique.
Tangwena

Is that Ace Malawi or another seedbank ?

Tangwena

Veteran
Is that Ace Malawi or another seedbank ?
Hi my friend those were Seeds of Africa Malawi gold and Mozambique and old Holy smoke Mulanji Gold. I did do some of Aces Malawi before but it was not what I was looking for. The Mulanji gold was the closest to what i used to get when I lived in Malawi, The SOA Malawi Gold was also authentic, but not to my taste.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
Why 1oz cobs last so long

Why 1oz cobs last so long

This is a perfect days high at least 8hrs. First a piece of Thai pheno GT, topped with some small rocks of Malawi pheno GT.
Perfect high for the whole day long chewed.

Its amazing how long your pot will last when you chew the buds no kidding.
Tangwena

I got a response back from the folks at The Trichome Institute.

J*****

If you are in Colorado, we can do a TAG on the bud. We might be able to get you linked up with a friend who has HPLC equipment, but licensed labs can only test product put through the METRCS inventory tracking system.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Looks like they will be able to run a test. Again they test for cannabis pests and disease in addition to terpenes and cannabinoids. Should be interesting to see the results.

Ganja baba

Veteran
Hi my friend those were Seeds of Africa Malawi gold and Mozambique and old Holy smoke Mulanji Gold. I did do some of Aces Malawi before but it was not what I was looking for. The Mulanji gold was the closest to what i used to get when I lived in Malawi, The SOA Malawi Gold was also authentic, but not to my taste.
Tangwena

Can you please tell m what smells and tastes are typically related to Malawi strains , meaning in the sense of if grown indoors , I'm a verry lucky guy my pals at the old dampkring gave me a stash of Malawi seeds collected about 15 or more years ago they are simply labelled 1 to 5 if I remember right , I just gave a good buddy some to make some feminised crosses to some modern stuff he's saying they are storming away looking highly favourable , he's not one for smells all ganja is the same to him nearly , so really curious about that ?

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Can you please tell m what smells and tastes are typically related to Malawi strains , meaning in the sense of if grown indoors , I'm a verry lucky guy my pals at the old dampkring gave me a stash of Malawi seeds collected about 15 or more years ago they are simply labelled 1 to 5 if I remember right , I just gave a good buddy some to make some feminised crosses to some modern stuff he's saying they are storming away looking highly favourable , he's not one for smells all ganja is the same to him nearly , so really curious about that ?

You might like the Breeders packs GB, if they have any left, 4 parental lines IIRC...

:tiphat:

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi my friend the typical smells range from lemon through to pine with peppery smells also common. But as I never had to grow the plants in Malawi I never smelled the green plant, it was easier to just buy the cured cobs.
When i left Africa I brought seeds with me to Australia from the best cobs I could find. I grew them over here for 15 years in the bush. But I could never reproduce the highs I got from the Malawi cobs. Now I know it is all in the cure and how and where it is grown.
The seeds I have got to grow from vendors online have all been the same smells when cured but lacked the power of the real top grade Malawi cobs. The closest I have found is Mulanji Gold but I cant find any fresh seed. I know some people still grow it so seeds must available.
I am no expert on gentics but I feel when plants are grown outside of the area they came from they loose something when they aclimatise to the new conditions.
But saying that I have found plants that are pretty close to the original power, but they have to be sweat cured as is done with tobacco. The cob cure is authentic Malawi style curing and will bring out the power if it is there.
The plants I have found with the trippy high once cured cob style are: Mulanji Gold, Golden Tiger, Panama, and Zamaldelica. I am sure there are many more out there but I haven't grown them.
First you need to find a bud that you like the high of, then cure it properly and it will become the special high you like.
I have found any strong sativa or hybrid will blow your mind once it is cured this way. There are so many out there these days its just pot luck finding one thats strong to begin with then curing it to perfection to bring out its hidden power.
Tangwena

Levitationofme

Corn Dog

Corn Dog

About 3 cups prime Chemdog 4 now wrapped in corn husk, and in Plastic bag and the sweat has begun.

Cob wrapped in a Heater Pad on High.

I finally had a simple grow that turned out great.
My plan for drying worked well and it took 6 days then into the jars. When I checked jars the next day the humidity was 65%

Just a few burps until they get put up.

:faint:

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi buddy that sounds like a good plan, you will be able to compare the two types of cure. Best of luck my friend please post pics once you unwrap the cobs.
Tangwena