What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
1698273566680.jpeg

Spectacular job thats what all marijuana hopes to grow up like

funkyhorse

I think the most delicious canna food is cambodian happy pizza if taste is what you are after

You guys have commented about brick/cob oil. This is an essential and key ingredient for happy pizza
How do you make brick oil?

The experiments with banana bark brick are very succesful. This method dont fail. Dont need to open/check and it works well with any size of brick. I think it cures better than bud. It clearly smokes better and smoother than bud

This is some small early thai mix with 5 months winter low temperature greenhouse cure. Clearly ferment smell and taste. Quite hard brick, cant grind by hand
Early Thai mix (1).jpeg
Early Thai mix (2).jpeg
Early Thai mix (3).jpeg
Early Thai mix (4).jpeg
Early Thai mix (5).jpeg

Tangwena

Veteran
Hey Tangwena, at what point do you harvest? I swear I see some white pistils in there
When I first started growing pot years ago I experimented with different stages, too many white pistils was too weak.
As Dubi said so well you should harvest when the aroma (terps) are at their peak.
I like to have about 80% red hairs and cut as the last 20% starts to fade.

I have left it until all the hairs were red but the aroma was declining and the effect was very stoney and narcotic. Which is ok if thats what your after.

Myself I prefer euphoric speedy trippy highs. I can get those easily with 80% red hairs.
Bare in mind these are sativa dominant strains though.
AND also the cob cure can change the color of the resin big time depending on the way you cure it.

So white resin not too much amber, def not clear resin for my taste.
This cure gives you a lot more control over the final high.
Once your good at it you can produce just the type of high you want with the right plants.
The beauty is every ones cob cure will be unique to that individuals taste.
The exciting part is swapping and comparing everyone elses wares. I'm sure some members here produce mind blowing cures.
When I was a young man in Africa it is what I loved the most scoring a new batch from some far off grower with their own distinct way of curing pot.

Tangwena

Veteran
I think the most delicious canna food is cambodian happy pizza if taste is what you are after

You guys have commented about brick/cob oil. This is an essential and key ingredient for happy pizza

The experiments with banana bark brick are very succesful. This method dont fail. Dont need to open/check and it works well with any size of brick. I think it cures better than bud. It clearly smokes better and smoother than bud

This is some small early thai mix with 5 months winter low temperature greenhouse cure. Clearly ferment smell and taste. Quite hard brick, cant grind by hand
View attachment 18910421 View attachment 18910422 View attachment 18910423 View attachment 18910424 View attachment 18910425
That looks like a classic cure brother.

Tangwena

Veteran
If the cure is done properly you do not need to decarb the buds.
Any method of oil extraction will work.
The easiest is just grind it up and soak it in your choice of liquid.
High grade pure alcohol or Isopropyl alcohol ect.
Then strain out the ground cob and evaporate the alcohol your left with a very concentrated oil.

Personally I dont bother its very messy and hard to gauge the dose.
They probably extract into ghee, butter, coconut oil or other edible fat/oil.
Its not as complete a high as chewing the cob which I prefer.

But once long ago I used to smoke the cob oil.
Then I woke up to myself and the damage it was doing to my lungs.

Tangwena

Veteran
has anyone shapped a cob cure to match some kind of rolling paper and then wrapped the cob to smoke like a cigar?
Unless it was a very loose cob you would have great difficulty drawing on it as most cob cured bud is way to dense to draw through.
Also it would have to be very weak pot. Well cured buds smoke like a cigar anyway real slow with a deep rich smoke.
Personally if you need more than 2 or 3 drags to get high the pot is too weak.
I never understood how people could smoke one joint after another all day and say its because of their high tolerance.
More likely its because the pot is weak. I used to smoke every day in Africa one pin joint would last all day.
I had half smoked joints all over the place ha ha.
Never needed bongs or pipes to get high.
Only when I came to Australia in the 70's did I come across bongs hated them from day one ha ha.
Honestly good pot well cured you should only need to sip, not over indulge too much of anything kills the best effects IMO.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
how do you know when the cob its dried enough so it wont change the aroma that was on that point ? if the outside cob skin feels dry to touch would be enough so i can store them for a month wihtout openin ?
i made a cob 2 weeks ago and i lost the aroma i had from that sample , i vacumselead the cob not dried enough i think when was to wet and i got to black , but still gets you high but that aroma i had dissapered :)
here something that im tryin to keep them in this state , they dry on 26c . 51 rh on dehydrator
View attachment 18910195

They remind me of my first attempts. Very dark and with not the best flavour, but they sure kicked my ass.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
UEL x Indian Landrace
View attachment 18910317
It’s now perfect to age I guess.

Prefect!

You are now a fully fledged "Brother of the cob!" And if you continue to bang them out looking like that, then perhaps even "Master of the cob!."; I would need to sample a few first though to be sure; Let me know if your ever in Southern Spain!.😂

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
Prefect!

You are now a fully fledged "Brother of the cob!" And if you continue to bang them out looking like that, then perhaps even "Master of the cob!."; I would need to sample a few first though to be sure; Let me know if your ever in Southern Spain!.😂
You guys in Spain are sure leading the pack as far as sweet looking cobs go ha ha.
Mind you with beautiful weather and very laid back people its hardly a surprise go SPAIN.

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Brother of the cob

:love: :huggg: Thx my Hombre! I would love to visit your Paradies. Offer it to you vise versa. Just give me singn if you are in Germany. I will serve you funky breakfast :muahaha:

It’s unbelievable. So glad that I gave it last year a go. Today I will start to Sweat my last plant.

This morning I checked the Biddy Early x Serious 6. it’s so heavy sweet and etheric. One spoon of tiger balm in a cup of honey. Haha. As i sad I wanted to show it a friend. I did few days ago and it’s pulled his hair back xD

Today is last opening - Let it for few hours open and then reseal to age..
IMG_4066.jpeg

Microbial community and metabolic function analysis of cigar tobacco leaves during fermentation

With the imperial shit ton of fungus and fungicide being sold (state markets, thca market) you'd think some producer like Brandon Rust in Oklahoma would be finding out how to ferment their bud with approved microbes, to keep the banned ones unemployed.

high monster

Starting my first two now. Plenty of material left that's been slowly drying for 3 days, no signs of any harmful fungi. Planning to pull at different times and start more over the next few days to get various results. Thanks for everything!

Attachments

• 20231027_124457.jpg
    20231027_124457.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
  • 20231027_125510.jpg
    20231027_125510.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45

Latest posts

Latest posts