What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Perdido

Its still too wet and has no way of drying.
You're right, I pulled it and it feels wet and the good smell is gone.
It has gotten a lot darker, but I like it.

pushing a little more air out each time... And so on... Until it's dry enough that it's stable. By this stage any dampness in the smell should have gone, and, smell will be sweet, the cob will feel dry
I think I slowly get the way of thinking/doing it, thanks

FLC x GMG cob 04.jpg

gumzgi

i got a black cob made from an afgan plant that dried for 3 days on branches they were still wet on outside when i made the cob , it stayed clinged in a bag by the pressure of a rope for 6 days , then after i took it out i had to smoke it , it is really devastating in a very good way
the ones from the photo puts you to sleep after half j

Last edited:

Buzzzzd

But why change the original taste? I love my ladies with different flavors.
I may be doing something wrong...but I can't take the taste. When I chew I have to take little hits of butter or margarine just to kill the taste. Just a dab on the end of a butter knife is enough. Once it has been chewed for about 5 minutes it is OK....
Maybe my new cobs, once aged a bit may be different but for right now, no way!!!:faint:

gumzgi

how do you know when the cob its dried enough so it wont change the aroma that was on that point ? if the outside cob skin feels dry to touch would be enough so i can store them for a month wihtout openin ?
i made a cob 2 weeks ago and i lost the aroma i had from that sample , i vacumselead the cob not dried enough i think when was to wet and i got to black , but still gets you high but that aroma i had dissapered :)
here something that im tryin to keep them in this state , they dry on 26c . 51 rh on dehydrator
IMG_20231025_160737.jpg

blondie

I may be doing something wrong...but I can't take the taste. When I chew I have to take little hits of butter or margarine just to kill the taste. Just a dab on the end of a butter knife is enough. Once it has been chewed for about 5 minutes it is OK....
Maybe my new cobs, once aged a bit may be different but for right now, no way!!!:faint:
Break up how much ever you want to eat and put in with dinner, or lunch or a mid night snack. Cook an egg for breakfast and shred cob into it.. salad for dinner with ground cob. Lox with cob cream cheese..

Tangwena

Veteran
how do you know when the cob its dried enough so it wont change the aroma that was on that point ? if the outside cob skin feels dry to touch would be enough so i can store them for a month wihtout openin ?
i made a cob 2 weeks ago and i lost the aroma i had from that sample , i vacumselead the cob not dried enough i think when was to wet and i got to black , but still gets you high but that aroma i had dissapered :)
here something that im tryin to keep them in this state , they dry on 26c . 51 rh on dehydrator
View attachment 18910195
I've never used any kind of meter so I cant help you on RH but if you want to stop the cure at any stage you need to dry thoroughly and very slowly.
26c sounds like it would be slow enough but best to open and check the sealed aging cobs weekly as even though they may feel dry sometimes there is enough moisture in the center to keep curing/changing.
Terps are going to be changed and modified all the time, the loud terps you get at certain stages will mature as the cob cures.
For chewing I like the fermented fruit taste its hard to explain but its like dried fruit but not sweet.
From the pics you posted it may still have been a little too moist at the start try drier buds to begin with.
If you are careful and dry naturally in the open air you can preserve certain aromas more easily.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hey Blondie...I hear ya and it's a good idea...but from what I understand, the longer you chew it, the better the results....I'm just going by what I've read. When I chew it for about a 1/2 hour it seems to start in at about an hour and lasts forever, almost!!
Try chewing with some chewing gum if thats easier.
Also chew so its almost dust and then spit out the remainder even wash out your mouth with water.
If the cob material is strong enough you will get an intense but shorter lasting high with a lot less stone effect.

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
UEL x Indian Landrace
IMG_4049.jpeg

It’s now perfect to age I guess.

I vaped just one head of the cross yesterday :ROFLMAO: first time since years that it was really obvious that I was high as fuck.Wifey and mommy saw it in a second.

I am prepared for every future lockdown. Haha

IMG_4039.jpeg

Since yesterday my outdoor season is over.. Friday I will cob again :geek:
IMG_4031.jpeg

@gumzgi for me it’s helpful with the dry to the touch advise!! Together with some pressing / squeezing routine you will master the right moisture for aging.

Legalize Cobs :)

Buzzzzd

Also chew so its almost dust and then spit out the remainder even wash out your mouth with water.
Does washing out your mouth enhance it....I just chew until it is gone...altho I do spit out any of the tougher stems.
Try chewing with some chewing gum if thats easier.
That's what I was going to try but didn't have any.....and I had fruit leather...it didn't soften up the cob any tho and the flavour doesn't quite last long enough. A stratigic purchase of Double Bubble is in my future!!!! :whee: :dance: