What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

gumzgi

lets say if you sweat on 40c for 6 hours and theres visible water on the bag , if i want to take the bag from the 40c with the visible water droples inside the bag and keep the bag in the 24/ 25c at room temp a day more will the cob rot if its not on the heat with that water inside the bag if the bag its not losed alot ? ?
IMG_20231004_015814.jpg

Last edited:

CDNINCA

These lovely cobs were posted by Chungo over on 420 forum.
If memory serves me right and it doesn't very often these days ha ha.
They were made from GT the 3rd edition so very Thai leaning.
If I am right in my assumption it will blow your mind chewed.

View attachment 18899322
Oh man, those are some sweet looking cobs! And the colors in them, pretty spectacular effort! It's moments like this when I wish "smell-a-vision" was a thing :)

Buzzzzd

Hey guys - I have two cobs in my sweat box. The cobs are in the cherrywood molds. When I'm done the sweat and taken them out of the mold how long should I leave them to dry before being shrunk wrapped and cured?? They won't feel wet because the wood will soak it up. Don't want mold this time! :dunno: :whee:

Tangwena

Veteran
Hey guys - I have two cobs in my sweat box. The cobs are in the cherrywood molds. When I'm done the sweat and taken them out of the mold how long should I leave them to dry before being shrunk wrapped and cured?? They won't feel wet because the wood will soak it up. Don't want mold this time! :dunno: :whee:
If you can smoke a joint made from the cob without it going out it should be fine.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
@Taima-da so i can start sweat heat in 40c for 2 3 hours or till i see water inside, then i can leave the bag with that water inside for like 7 8 days ? i think i make something wrong here.. il have to start with wetter buds
It's not necessary to see water droplets inside the bag. Once you see a change in colour then it's time to open the bag and let it dry a bit; at least until the surface is dry.

I personally wouldn't want to have water droplets inside the bag for 7 or 8 days; It won't harm it, but the resulting cob will be very dark and not as terpy smelling.

Whatever you do will work though, providing you have the ferment started.

When I first made cobs I got "hung up" on whether i was doing things correctly. The best advice I could give anyone would be, follow your nose and your instincts.

Tangwena

Veteran
Heres some pics of 5 month cured buds from the box of fresh buds I posted a few posts ago.
I actually rated them as weak after a couple of months curing but now 5 months later capow!

Knocks me right into space by Christmas I will be in orbit ha ha.
No sedation just like a couple of lines of the best from Peru. Then it gets out of control from there for a good 10hrs chewed. ha ha.
Very strong weed not for pussies or inexperienced novices or politically correct lady boys Zulu's only ha ha.
This stuff will rearrange more than your day ha ha.

img_3213-web.jpg
img_3212-web.jpg
img_3209-web.jpg
img_3208-web.jpg
img_3211-web.jpg
img_3206-web.jpg

Check out the resin its dipped in it ha ha. Oh did I mention the aroma and taste?
No? how remiss of me ha ha. Too fucked up at the moment but I will think of something ha ha.

CDNINCA

Heres some pics of 5 month cured buds from the box of fresh buds I posted a few posts ago.
I actually rated them as weak after a couple of months curing but now 5 months later capow!

Knocks me right into space by Christmas I will be in orbit ha ha.
No sedation just like a couple of lines of the best from Peru. Then it gets out of control from there for a good 10hrs chewed. ha ha.
Very strong weed not for pussies or inexperienced novices or politically correct lady boys Zulu's only ha ha.
This stuff will rearrange more than your day ha ha.

View attachment 18899848 View attachment 18899847 View attachment 18899845 View attachment 18899844 View attachment 18899846 View attachment 18899843

Check out the resin its dipped in it ha ha. Oh did I mention the aroma and taste?
No? how remiss of me ha ha. Too fucked up at the moment but I will think of something ha ha.
Oh man, what a great first post of the day to read @Tangwena, had me laughing in appreciation for your humor and style my friend! Great pics too, cheers!!

CDNINCA

Well, so far so good!!!!! These cobs are 3/4" x 3" long. I sweated them for about 36 hours. They were about 70% when I started the sweat. They have a sweeter smell. I am going to allow to dry for 24 hours and then wrap for the cure. View attachment 18899957
Here's hopin'..........
Looks good @Buzzzzd - nice colors, or is that colours :)? Anyway, It looks like those should work just fine! Oh ya, love the Canadian Tire background, cheers!

Tangwena

Veteran
Well, so far so good!!!!! These cobs are 3/4" x 3" long. I sweated them for about 36 hours. They were about 70% when I started the sweat. They have a sweeter smell. I am going to allow to dry for 24 hours and then wrap for the cure. View attachment 18899957
Here's hopin'..........
Those look so well compressed your not going to have any problems with them I'm sure.

Buzzzzd

Those look so well compressed your not going to have any problems with them I'm sure.
Yeah - I made these guys a bit thinner and with less compression than the last 1" attempt. These ones were just compressed by hand - not using my drill press as an arbour.
The mould on the last one freaked me out but I think I started it too wet in the sweat and didn't allow it to dry out before the cure.
Can it get too dry before the cure - does it do harm??? :unsure:

Tangwena

Veteran
Yeah - I made these guys a bit thinner and with less compression than the last 1" attempt. These ones were just compressed by hand - not using my drill press as an arbour.
The mould on the last one freaked me out but I think I started it too wet in the sweat and didn't allow it to dry out before the cure.
Can it get too dry before the cure - does it do harm??? :unsure:
No its best to err on the dry side too wet is the problem child.
Today I decided to go with a mild high so I opened a package of Acapulco Gold I sealed up in January as a dry green batch no sweat at all.
In the 9 months it has been sealed up its slowly cured to a lovely golden hew.

img_3216 - copy-web.jpg
img_3217 - copy-web.jpg
img_3216 - copy-web.jpg

Another dry cure.
A green copy of the purple pheno of the big calyx, hash smelling buds I got from the Mulanje Gold I grew 5 months ago.
I have never come across these before. The last time I tried the Purple pheno it was a very clear high followed by a kip so I'm a bit reluctant to try this one ha ha.
No fermentation this was vacuum packed quite dry so its taking a long time to cure but its getting there.

img_3225-web.jpg
img_3227-web.jpg

On the Acapulco Gold.
So far so good, has pleasant floral smell and taste. When I tried it a few months back it was happy feel good vibe lets see what changes have evolved.

Finally some Colombian Gold x Demon Latcher from January
Columbian Gold x Demon Latcher out for an airing ha ha. Looks and smells lethal I'll save that for another day ha ha.

img_3232 - copy-web.jpg

CDNINCA

No its best to err on the dry side too wet is the problem child.
Today I decided to go with a mild high so I opened a package of Acapulco Gold I sealed up in January as a dry green batch no sweat at all.
In the 9 months it has been sealed up its slowly cured to a lovely golden hew.

View attachment 18900288 View attachment 18900289 View attachment 18900288

Another dry cure.
A green copy of the purple pheno of the big calyx, hash smelling buds I got from the Mulanje Gold I grew 5 months ago.
I have never come across these before. The last time I tried the Purple pheno it was a very clear high followed by a kip so I'm a bit reluctant to try this one ha ha.
No fermentation this was vacuum packed quite dry so its taking a long time to cure but its getting there.

View attachment 18900290 View attachment 18900291

On the Acapulco Gold.
So far so good, has pleasant floral smell and taste. When I tried it a few months back it was happy feel good vibe lets see what changes have evolved.

Finally some Colombian Gold x Demon Latcher from January
Columbian Gold x Demon Latcher out for an airing ha ha. Looks and smells lethal I'll save that for another day ha ha.

View attachment 18900292

Yo @Tangwena , sorry, what does "kip" mean? Enquiring minds -mine- want to know! :), Whatever it means, those are some great looking results you have there brother. Woohoo, looking sweet! Love the photos!!

Latest posts

Latest posts