What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

sneezydog

Maybe jar for an hour or 2 at room temp..... just so the compression doesnt make powder... and the remaining moisture should be perfect! After seal its up to to do a faster warm sweat or not. I usually do, for at least a day and sometimes 3. Then check smells and rewrap tighter. Everyone has their own styles i have no material to cob now so im living vicariously through you. Good luck braddah!

Tangwena

Veteran
i got these buds they are at day 3 and they shrinken right now the rh its 30 and 25c , i want to vaccumseal them .
should i put them first in a closed jar in oven at 50c to loose them abit like 5 minutes , they are very crispy atm stems still green they bend , or shoud throw them in the vacbag/seal and left them for 7 days ? i dont know what to do they are very very good hits you like a train , i dont know if i have heat them or no
View attachment 18896381
They should be good to as is my friend they will look good compressed and vacuum sealed and should sweat nicely.

ost

i got these buds they are at day 3 and they shrinken right now the rh its 30 and 25c , i want to vaccumseal them .
should i put them first in a closed jar in oven at 50c to loose them abit like 5 minutes , they are very crispy atm stems still green they bend , or shoud throw them in the vacbag/seal and left them for 7 days ? i dont know what to do they are very very good hits you like a train , i dont know if i have heat them or no
View attachment 18896381
think about for a bit, farmers about at 1 time would fill a barn or put round bales real close together, been many a barn burn because of green hay stacked tight!you just want a little of this warmth to start the ferment other people will be able to help you more than me(newbie status for me)

mountainoutlaw

Ok, outside in grill for 4 days, 2 days in crockpot on warm....then the freezer. Took out of plastic and deep freeze...been freezing for 3 days...gonna take it out, sit at room temp, and put back in freezer for 3 more days...in hopes to simulate aging a bit.

I can definetly smell chlorophyll when smelling the cobbs....im thinking thats the cobs curing through sublimination and last bits being expelled. Also hard as a rock.

Final step will be open up cobs, put sticks in jar and sit a week or two.
Cant wait to try!
If these turn out nice ...im gonna roll maybe a hundred of these. Fingers crossed!
IMG_20230929_125324126.jpg

And back you go! Under the broccoli ,no one will disturb you there ms cobb

ost

They should be good to as is my friend they will look good compressed and vacuum sealed and should sweat nicely.
i haven't gotten the color changes ,like everyone else,old boy next door don't smoke but hits me up for a bud to chew from time to time. last week i gave him cob #2,talked to him a couple days later,i told to start with a dime size chuck,think he chewed a 50 cent piece ,seems to think it fucked him up!says he learnt his lesson about the cob, he hasn't offered it back ! that much is for sure!

gumzgi

i opened today after 8 days of vaccseal , this one was not heated , left to 25 c at room temp , when i opened i tough the bag will rip appart lol , the cob was sticked so hard to the bag , i leave him open now to dry for 1 hour then i vaccuseal again , meeen it smeels so fruity gumy i cant belive it lol
IMG_20231001_100453.jpg

IMG_20231001_100519.jpg

IMG_20231001_100610.jpg

Tangwena

Veteran
i opened today after 8 days of vaccseal , this one was not heated , left to 25 c at room temp , when i opened i tough the bag will rip appart lol , the cob was sticked so hard to the bag , i leave him open now to dry for 1 hour then i vaccuseal again , meeen it smeels so fruity gumy i cant belive it lol
View attachment 18897814
View attachment 18897815
View attachment 18897816
Love the smells when opening a new bag the next time you open it better be prepared ha ha and be sitting down ha ha.

Tangwena

Veteran
Yesterday I opened a bag of loosely sealed buds of Mulanje Gold the seeds donated by a good friend.
These have been sealed up since May and needed to dry a bit.
Outstanding aromas really funky pine and menthol / lime crazy most amazing aromas.
I will testing a sample today.
Yesterday I had some 2021 Mulanje made from my short pheno (there are two one tall one short).

Instant effect chewed I felt king of the world copious amounts of energy and ideas.
I felt all was great in the world no aches and pains just euphoric energy.
Lets see how this Mulanje Gold compares.
From the smell its got to be great.
img_3203-web.jpg
img_3200-web.jpg
img_3196-web.jpg
img_3195 - copy-web.jpg

CDNINCA

@Tangwena, Whoa, that looks like some amazing cob-action there my friend! The colors are incredible and very different from any that I have made. Were there heaps of red hairs in that weed, is that the color that I see? Whatever it is, she sure looks great!
Enquiring minds want to know... how's the effect??? :) I almost don't need to ask...
My "girls" are getting closer to harvest time, at least a few of them are. A good friend "Ahem", sent me some amazing seeds and that plant is far from even thinking about being ready to harvest - yes, think long-flowering pure sativa! It's nice to have a staggered harvest - good problem to have eh?

Cheers all!
Okay, had to add a pic of her. On the left, you can see one of her "siblings" that is almost ready to harvest.

Yes, it's really tall too, even after pinching 3 times. :)

IMG_2152 2.JPG

Tangwena

Veteran
@Tangwena, Whoa, that looks like some amazing cob-action there my friend! The colors are incredible and very different from any that I have made. Were there heaps of red hairs in that weed, is that the color that I see? Whatever it is, she sure looks great!
Enquiring minds want to know... how's the effect??? :) I almost don't need to ask...
My "girls" are getting closer to harvest time, at least a few of them are. A good friend "Ahem", sent me some amazing seeds and that plant is far from even thinking about being ready to harvest - yes, think long-flowering pure sativa! It's nice to have a staggered harvest - good problem to have eh?

Cheers all!
Okay, had to add a pic of her. On the left, you can see one of her "siblings" that is almost ready to harvest.

Yes, it's really tall too, even after pinching 3 times. :)

View attachment 18898851
WoW! thats going to be a heady plant brother just goes to show what can be done with a skilled grower.
Yeah those buds are being tested right now my ears are ringing thats always a good sign in my book.
Still early days still chewing it but I like it when the effects start right away.
from the branching on that big plant its going to be on the euphoric racy side.
The difference on these plants is no body at all in the effects get ready to smile until your face cracks ha ha.
AND try not to be too sarcastic when speaking to friends I find I cant help but crack up laughing on it.

Tangwena

Veteran
Were there heaps of red hairs in that weed
Not really the buds used were the ones in the top of the picture.
I still have cobs to try made from the other colas in the box ha ha.
I got some strange colored cobs from that lot I can tell you one is almost White and gray.
I'll show them as I try them.
Speaking of trying some in the time it took to type this its coming on strong I can see another perfect day ahead ha ha.

img_2776-web.jpg

gumzgi

Tangwena or Hombre would something bad happen along the way in a month if i dont open the bag at all after sealing it? is it really necesarry to open the bag that 4 times/dryin stages in a month ? can you go just like that, les say dry the buds for 3 4 days or 2 3 days whatever you like wetter or drier , sweat it 40c till you see the weed sweated/or no sweated on heat however you like, then took out dry for some hours and then just toss it back in the bag and forget about them for a month ?

Taima-da

If you start quite wet you may over ferment or even develop some mould.

It easier to start on the drier side for that reason.

I often do it like this, inspect and (almost) forget.

Not having a wrapper helps to visually inspect without opening.

Once you have done it several times it gets easier to gauge, and so weekly inspect at first is a good idea

Tangwena

Veteran
Tangwena or Hombre would something bad happen along the way in a month if i dont open the bag at all after sealing it? is it really necesarry to open the bag that 4 times/dryin stages in a month ? can you go just like that, les say dry the buds for 3 4 days or 2 3 days whatever you like wetter or drier , sweat it 40c till you see the weed sweated/or no sweated on heat however you like, then took out dry for some hours and then just toss it back in the bag and forget about them for a month ?
TD is spot on. Yes you can if its dry enough to start with but until you are more experienced its good insurance to inspect them even if only visually.
The buds I showed in my last post had not been opened since the end of June and def needed drying.
If I had left them much longer I may have over fermented them and would have lost all the lovely terps.
Dried as they are now I expect them to continue improving and by Christmas will be even better.