What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
The crazy thing is its just finished just as clean as it started unreal no hangover or feelings other than satisfied haha.
Like after a good root sitting back smoking a players navy cut ha ha.
Feels like I'm in some far away brothel in a port like Dar es Salaam ha ha.
Just hope I didn't pick up anything other than the cob ha ha.

Airloom

Veteran
Been way too busy chopping and washing but have managed to avoid any serious losses to Botrytis or WPM
Overcast and rain will surely hasten the harvest

I am taking all the lower flower to practice cobbing.

Have a touch of nerve loss in fingers so I finally resorted to using excess window screen material. Works pretty well so far. Once I get it firmed up I roll it on paper towel which keeps it steady and avoids cleanup time. I been saving these Velcro endive wrappers my local market was using, tho I haven’t seen them last couple visits. They are cheap and very handy.

Much gratitude to all of you for sharing especially @Tangwena and @Hombre del mont

Back to work👨‍🌾

Attachments

• IMG_2747.jpeg
    IMG_2747.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2749.jpeg
    IMG_2749.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Been way too busy chopping and washing but have managed to avoid any serious losses to Botrytis or WPM
Overcast and rain will surely hasten the harvest

I am taking all the lower flower to practice cobbing.

Have a touch of nerve loss in fingers so I finally resorted to using excess window screen material. Works pretty well so far. Once I get it firmed up I roll it on paper towel which keeps it steady and avoids cleanup time. I been saving these Velcro endive wrappers my local market was using, tho I haven’t seen them last couple visits. They are cheap and very handy.

Much gratitude to all of you for sharing especially @Tangwena and @Hombre del mont

Back to work👨‍🌾

So glad you're giving it a go.

At this rate, cobs will become almost common place.

goingrey

Those pics look juuusst like the old photos of "Black Magic African" from old NAVY guys.
Way to solve that decades old riddle. Thank you
Not conclusive proof but certainly seems likely. Could have been cobs made with like a purple strain too.

DJ Short said:
Black Magic African

This herb is the strongest ever. Although I have only smoked the Black Magic a very limited number of times, and I've never had more than a joint of my own, I feel it needs mention. I did once get to see a bag of this herb that belonged to someone else. It looked like rotted, black leaf, some leaves intact but crumpled, plus a powdery black shake. It had no particular odor other than sweet spicy moldy hay, and rolled best into thin pinjoints.

The smoke was slightly harsh, but with a very deep, rich flavor. I also recall that it produced lots of white smoke. Anyhow, this stuff was dangerous! I often questioned if it was truly pure herb. I have, however, sampled the same product from different sources at different times, all with the same story.

It was equatorial Black African, the supposed herb of some tribe, Pygmy group, or another equally incredible origin! It was likely an indigenous Central African herb. One pinjoint between three or four people was more than adequate. This was truly the most devastating and consciously inebriating herb I have ever smoked.

I do not recall ever passing out or losing consciousness, but I did have to let go in order to come back . This stuff alone could cause one to reach 3.5 pluses on the Shulgin psychedelic rating scale!

I never was able to acquire seeds from the Black African, though I have tried. It is one of the few indigenous strains that I am interested in working with.

ost

So glad you're giving it a go.

At this rate, cobs will become almost common place.
chop1 on 9/23 busted it down starting at 16 % humidty,weight is 1.1 oz #11 is on the heat mat now to make it sweat!as i keep adding cobs at this rate a year from now, i should have it setup to cover my needs better than i do now,yes i have bud i've air cured to smoke and make tinks!

CaptainLucky

Gday Tangwena
I just opened one brick after a little over 4 months winter cure to see how things go and what to do, if these girls I harvest as bud or as brick
They are all the same cut, a home made Thai Haze
This is last run of this cut and it will be the first time I will harvest something knowing if I prefer to make it brick or cure as bud. Winter run. Tangwena, you can grow all year in a GH no problem, same as me. If you cover your GH with white mesh nobody knows what you are growing.
View attachment 18894247 View attachment 18894248 View attachment 18894249
This is Thai Haze banana bark brick with over 4 months winter curing on the GH
View attachment 18894250 View attachment 18894251 View attachment 18894252 View attachment 18894253
This is Thai Haze brick and bud with the same curing time for comparison
View attachment 18894254
Have a nice weekend everybody
How do you make the bricks 🧱? CL🍀

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Can anyone tell me what is the lowest rh to use for cobs. I might have over dried. CL🍀
I doubt they'll be over dried; a couple of years back I vac sealed some "dry" bud for a friend (they were going to the UK for a year and wanted a safe easy to store some weed for their return). It was left in a drawer at room temperature and on their return they were very pleasantly surprised to find out had slowly fermented and cured!
Providing that there is some moisture in there it'll work, albeit slower.🙂

funkyhorse

He wraps them in banana bark, there are pictures a few pages back. I wasnt sure on how much compression if any. Nice loose style of ferment. Different from the plywood like tight wrapped version.
It is hand compressed tightest I can and then wrapped in the bark with tight cord, I use hemp cord
I need to check the other bricks to see how they do, I will start checking in a couple of months
For some of them I used almost dry bud and some of them wet bud and some are a mix of everything
I only kept notes at the end of harvest what kind of bud I wrapped
I made another brick of the same variety a couple of weeks later, have to check if they come out same or not

It is not as compressed as the plywood press but it is not loose. You need to brake the brick in order to get a chunk of it. It is easier to brake than the fermented plywood brick. Non fermented plywood brick is easier to grind by hand

Tangwena

Veteran
Here’s the Ace Auto Zamaldelica cob that molded (treated with a splash of grain alcohol and re-sealed)

Super-dark & moist; dried fruit, orange, and spice—fruitcake/plum pudding 100%, lol

View attachment 18895779
That looks like its begging to be eaten brother ha ha You had me at plumb pudding/fruit cake.
That should get you high as a kite now,

gumzgi

i got these buds they are at day 3 and they shrinken right now the rh its 30 and 25c , i want to vaccumseal them .
should i put them first in a closed jar in oven at 50c to loose them abit like 5 minutes , they are very crispy atm stems still green they bend , or shoud throw them in the vacbag/seal and left them for 7 days ? i dont know what to do they are very very good hits you like a train , i dont know if i have heat them or no
IMG_20230928_174155.jpg

Last edited: