What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Consolidated

Hey folks.
I wanna thanks @ Tang. for this thread and to add a pic in this collection.
Zamaldelica's cob...
Thanks and i wanna wish to all a great weekend.
Consolidated.

Attachments

• 20181124_130805.jpg
    20181124_130805.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Hey folks.
Zamaldelica's cob...
Consolidated.

Beautiful Zamal coblets. They remind me of Thai Sticks, from way back when men were men, and product of the Golden Triangle ruled the world.

I'll bet those babies pack a major punch. I can almost smell them from here. :tiphat:

Tangwena

Veteran
Hey folks.
Zamaldelica's cob...
Consolidated.
Hi my friend thanks for posting the pic any chance of a few close ups?
I really liked the smell and color of the Zamaldelica cobs I made last year its a very special strain IMO.
If you dry them to the touch and reseal them to age you will get some of the best smoking and effects out there nice job from the looks of it.

Consolidated

Thanks guys for the kind words.
@S.T. ... so you can almost smell that fresh olive scent...
@Tang. some closeups from Zamaldelica...
I haven't smoke her yet (I'll give her a first try at the end of month).

Attachments

• 20181126_131647.jpg
    20181126_131647.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 20181126_131517.jpg
    20181126_131517.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20181126_131338.jpg
    20181126_131338.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20181126_132357.jpg
    20181126_132357.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 20181126_130402.jpg
    20181126_130402.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 23

Tangwena

Veteran
Thanks guys for the kind words.
@S.T. ... so you can almost smell that fresh olive scent...
@Tang. some closeups from Zamaldelica...
I haven't smoke her yet (I'll give her a first try at the end of month).
Thanks for the close ups man the cross sections tell the story nice even fermenting.
Yes let it age now preferably vacuum sealed its going to finish it off nicely.

ColaCalyx

Haha Tangwena, I'm happy you shared them, my pics are always sideways here on Icmag (unless I'm laying down on the table super high haha) and take forever to load.
You are Middas brother, I'm just the copy-cat watching from the canna-bushes lol. Thanks again for sharing your methods freely and introducing ancient weed-technology!

Carraxe

Veteran
This is some Angola Senegal weed fermented in the shape of a cob, but in a food grade plastic bag. This piece weights 150 grams and is 30 cm long. When it dries it will weight between 60 and 70. No mold at all, and this time I pressed the weed so wet that I got some weed juice inside the bag. No bad smell, no mold, nothing but a subtle ferment smell.

I cut this plants ten days ago. I already like the color, so I stopped fermenting. More days would result in a blacker weed and in a more homogeneous texture. Pistils would be difficult to spot.

Cheers

Tangwena

Veteran
This is some Angola Senegal weed fermented in the shape of a cob, but in a food grade plastic bag. This piece weights 150 grams and is 30 cm long. When it dries it will weight between 60 and 70. No mold at all, and this time I pressed the weed so wet that I got some weed juice inside the bag. No bad smell, no mold, nothing but a subtle ferment smell.

I cut this plants ten days ago. I already like the color, so I stopped fermenting. More days would result in a blacker weed and in a more homogeneous texture. Pistils would be difficult to spot.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42699&pictureid=1901841View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42699&pictureid=1901843View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42699&pictureid=1903192View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42699&pictureid=1903193View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42699&pictureid=1903194View Image

Cheers
Hi my friend nice to see your method working so well for you.
Its a big wide world out there is more than one way to skin a cat as the saying goes.

I love the shiny waxy look of the cob you posted. I wish I could smell it from here ha ha.

I live for the textures and aromas of fermented weed/cobs.

Once it is aged please post follow up pics of the finished product.
This year has seen so many talented people post pics of this cure

its not going to be long before some truly masterful curers emerge.
Once people have 5 or 6 years of harvesting and curing behind them they will start through experience to get a feel for this method and then we shall see some true masters emerging.

I can tell you will be right there at the front my friend its an addiction isn't it.
More power to you brother and thanks for posting your work

48N

Does the resin stick to the skin?
Considering resin sticking to the maize skin, is it better to let the skin dry first before unwrapping or unwrap still moist?

Tangwena

Veteran
Does the resin stick to the skin?
Considering resin sticking to the maize skin, is it better to let the skin dry first before unwrapping or unwrap still moist?
The cob sweats in the skin and the skin appears to take on a waxy feel so nothing sticks to it, natures teflon skin.

You can remove it at any time and even carry on without it its not that critical to the end product just traditional.

I do both wrapped and straight in the bag they give slightly different results but both good.

F

Fermented

nothing sticks to it, natures teflon skin.

Oven parchment paper is similar nothing sticks to it (which is which it's used for rosin making etc), but is not pervious (not allowing water to pass through it), you can write on it and is very durable and can be wrapped, tied, opened, re-wrapped many times.
I'm going to try actual corn cob leaves next time I cob instead of parchment paper.

led05

Chasing The Present
nothing sticks to it, natures teflon skin.

Oven parchment paper is similar nothing sticks to it (which is which it's used for rosin making etc), but is not pervious (not allowing water to pass through it), you can write on it and is very durable and can be wrapped, tied, opened, re-wrapped many times.
I'm going to try actual corn cob leaves next time I cob instead of parchment paper.

use parchment to roll it up like a huge dubbie, that is if you make cob loafs (many zips each), then just toss in bag without anything and vac seal, push on cob to squeeze out every last bit of air during vac, then you'll smile and it'll be less work / easier....

Tang, natures Teflon, you dawg you ;)

Tangwena

Veteran
I use parchment paper to wrap pre pressed blocks that get vacuum packed. The vacuum sealing squishes them further.

Next batch is going to be pressed in a vice before I wrap/vac them.

View Image

View Image

I want to get them as smooth as possible. If that means shredding them first and removing all sticks, so be it
Awesome brother talk about taking the bit between your teeth ha ha.
Please post pics when you do, nice one my friend.

Tangwena

Veteran
use parchment to roll it up like a huge dubbie, that is if you make cob loafs (many zips each), then just toss in bag without anything and vac seal, push on cob to squeeze out every last bit of air during vac, then you'll smile and it'll be less work / easier....

Tang, natures Teflon, you dawg you ;)
I be cobbing today brother everything is fine with the world.

led05

Chasing The Present
I be cobbing today brother everything is fine with the world.

and I know this..:) does anyone think too much compression could be detrimental, I've been wondering this lately.. I've used vices etc and kind of came back to my force and Vac pull as a happy medium.....

Tangwena

Veteran
and I know this..:) does anyone think too much compression could be detrimental, I've been wondering this lately.. I've used vices etc and kind of came back to my force and Vac pull as a happy medium.....
i dont know about detrimental but it does reduce the flavor and smell potential when heavily compressed.

The effects shouldn't be adversely effected though unless the increased compaction effects the changes during curing.

Another experiment added to long list ha ha

I cant stop sniffing this piece of Mulanji finger hash I heated along with the buds in the yogurt maker over night. Its turned it into something sublime.

Drunken Buddha

Imagine Colombian herb, a few days old and just manicured into a heaping mass of buds, being packed tightly in cellophane wrap bundles weighing 20 lbs. each.....yours are miniatures of the same process. Some Colombo was pressed with pneumatic presses and combined with some hot storage (fermentation) and a long boatride to the USA, bingo, canary bud.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Tang you're the fucking best man... I'm so god damn high off a cob right now that I need to go lay down and try to fall asleep. This purple haze x honduras is playing tricks on my mind. Been laying on the floor giggling like an idiot pissing my wife off.

Latest posts

Latest posts