What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Big Nasty

from the lambsbread page, and has anyone cobbed lambsbread?

thought this was interesting

"One step further is the practice of allowing the kid/lamb/goat (starved for a few days) to consume the ripened colas. The material goes through the digestive tract quickly and is defecated almost intact. It is then dried and smoked. It is reported that this product results in the most psychoactive of experiences...and is therefore reserved for consumption by revered elders, spiritual shamans and tribal dignitaries.

Sincerely,
Charles."

how about stuffing some lower intestine with buds like sausage?. seriously, dont even have to kill or skin the sheep.
sertaiz had a little lamb...come on man,that's really weird.stoned lambs lol

Drunken Buddha

Nice chart for the cannabinoids and their levels. Thanks man.

To be expected that the THC concentrations increased, just like hash or kif where the glandular heads that carry the cannabinoids are separated out from all the extra leaf that is present even in manicured flowers.....concentrations in hash sometimes exceed 50% THC.

I am going the next step to see how the terpenes fare after cobbing, more specifically what terpenes survive the heating and fermenting process and whether their concentrations increase or decrease. As we are starting to discover, terpenes are what make each cultivar unique. Seeing that there are well over 100+ terps in cannabis, the possible combinations are unbelievable and really exponential in number. Still, the 20 or so primary terpenes give each cultivar a nice fingerprint to start with so I figure that comparing the original plant's cured flower to fermented/vacuumed flowers, and to cobbed flowers, will be revealing, too.

Last edited:
S

Sertaiz

so i have some cob i want to eat but it was grown really close to a chicken coop.
i dont want any wierd chicken diseases, what can i do, maybe microwave it for a bit idk i found a couple small feathers in the buds

Tangwena

Veteran
A purist huh? I challenge you to tell the difference. Actually, you'd probably choose the washed bud.

I'm not talking about putting it through a wringer washer and a spin cycle. Just a quick dip and rinse.
Its a must where I live outdoor grown weed is just full of wind blown sand round here.
Try it a quick rinse and hang to dry you will not believe the crap that just falls out and that wouldn't be all of it by a long shot.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
It's not exactly like cob Malawi, sorry, but I tried ...
I had this blueberry x bigbud that was full of resin, but with too many leaves, so I did this:after a few days of drying I put the buds under a press, obtaining a little small block, I wrapped it in a piece of brown paper (that of the bread bags) and closed it in a plastic bag in the garage ...
After a few weeks I took a small piece for a test, first of all the "package" gives off an unusual and pleasant scent of coffee, once the wrapper has been opened it is necessary to cut the block with a knife/cutter...
The taste is of coffee, earth and hashish, the effect is strong, psychedelic followed by waves of relaxation ...
Now I put the casing back in the garage for a few months...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Thats cool my friend but from the abundance of green in the block it hasn't fermented or cured yet.
Maybe over time it will cure. Generally the fermentation will change the color of the green leaves to yellow, orange or brown if it has fermented.
On shorter ferments the green takes longer to change but will usually turn a golden yellow if it has cured.

Tangwena

Veteran
Its cool to taste it regularly that way you can see how it changes over time and get the time line you prefer in the future.
Once you nail it you will see how good it can become the basic principal is easy to grasp but hitting the sweet spot on any cure takes a little luck or experience depending on which you get first.
A little luck first time is always a thrill.

Drunken Buddha

A purist huh? I challenge you to tell the difference. Actually, you'd probably choose the washed bud.

I'm not talking about putting it through a wringer washer and a spin cycle. Just a quick dip and rinse.

Hahaha....I know and agree. I once had a massive rainstorm knock over 30-40 of our 6-8 foot tall plants. When we showed up at the garden these plants were drooped over, with many colas, upper side branches, and tops in the mud.

The soft ground allowed the blasting winds overnight to tip them almost completely over. It was just at harvest time anyway so chop, chop, dip, dip in the creek, and hang to dry. It was still Skunk#1 at its finest....well at least as far as anyone who had never had it before could tell....haha.....

Tangwena

Veteran
Lovely colors in those close ups of the corners of the blocks better dry them a bit to slow fermentation and enable the cure.
They could end up very aromatic my friend dont over ferment them they are on track.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Lovely colors in those close ups of the corners of the blocks better dry them a bit to slow fermentation and enable the cure.
They could end up very aromatic my friend dont over ferment them they are on track.
Thanks Tangwena. I did dry them a bit more. Two were cobbed a little quick from fresh, but I'll see what happens to them.

I'm getting pretty excited. I cut up a few blocks in three and vac'd them to make samples. They're about 2.5 gr per piece. I have people asking for samples already.

My first post!

Ha Ha!
Welcome brother!

Tangwena

Veteran
Awesome brother with airy sativas like swazi less is more. They are very delicate but so worth the effort.
You should get an idea of what true African cures can do to bring out the smooth taste and effects.

The Swazi is a very energetic euphoric high cured like that. Nice job my friend they look on point.

Latest posts

Latest posts